United States Department Of Defense Employee Reviews

Productive but poor immediate leadership
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2017
Immediate supervisor fraternized with the DIRECTOR, because he served with him in the Navy. He consistently went over our group Chiefs head to the director.

I was hired as a program manager but was merely a report writer.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
Immediate Supervisor
Loved It
Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic/Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOOctober 14, 2017
Amazing place to work. Lots of interesting people. Very laid back and very family oriented environment. You get the honor of serving your country and helping our soldiers.
Great
Senior Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Picatinny Arsenal, NJOctober 12, 2017
I enjoy working here. The people are great. The work is challenging and I get to put my degree to good use. I would definitely recommend this job to everyone.
Productive; Challenging work
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington DCOctober 12, 2017
I learn new technologies, generally budget is not an issue.
Access to a lot of Technology fairs., Structured days.

Mid level amounts of pressure.
Pros
Federal holidays off.
Cons
Not enough access to various programs, too much red tape
Challenging cutthroat environment
Combat Medic/Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXOctober 11, 2017
Competitive rewarding and challenging, a great many opportunities to become a leader, and a mentor to others of lesser rank and pay grade.
Opportunity to interact with other cultures and languages.
Pros
Medical and Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits
Cons
Time away from family, combat zone environment
Professional Organization with great leadership.
GS-13, Range and Test Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  NevadaOctober 11, 2017
Professional Organization with great leadership and far-reaching vision. People of great in-sight, great minds getting together to create some amazing strategies.
Fast paced environment with a lot always going on.
Ammunition Inspector (Former Employee) –  Anniston Army Depot, ALOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed what I did for DoD and my coworkers. The pace was very fast and we always had a deadline to meet, which wasn't bad. However working with weapons you need to take your time and make sure the job is done right.
Secretary
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Arnold AFB, TNOctober 11, 2017
Though secretary was the classification, I was more one responsible for a wide variety of taskings. I scheduled meetings, was the timekeeper for all directorate for sick leave, vacation etc. I managed our security process for procedures and training within the organization. Each day was different depending on what was needed via our general staff, base needs and tasking from AFMC.
I made small purchases up to $2500. I completed any support to be assured our staff was able to focus on their main objectives. This meant I would give individuals who may have missed a meeting updates on what they missed and helped to keep records of such to ensure all met educational requirement CEU's on time. Kept the entire staff in the looped in to all current affairs of the organization so no one was left out of knowing important information as sent me via supervisor.
Pros
I loved all aspects of this job
Cons
That it was the right thing to leave when I did
Sales Store Checker (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCOctober 10, 2017
It is a great place to work. Customers are friendly. Supervisors are friendly. They offer a flexible schedule. They work with school schedules and are very understanding.
An Invaluable Experience
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDOctober 10, 2017
Working for the Department of Defense is a rewarding, but challenging experience. I learned more about teamwork, professionalism, and leadership here.
Military Career
Corporal of Marines (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCOctober 10, 2017
The Marine Corps was an awesome experience coming straight from high school. I wouldn't recommend my children, but for those of a terrible environment, I'd be a GREAT character builder.
Terrible leadership
Auditor, GS-0511-09 (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 10, 2017
If you work at the Defense Contract Audit Agency, pray that you work for a decent supervisor. Otherwise, your life will be miserable, and your prospects for promotion dim.

The work is mind numbingly boring.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Poor leadership/supervisors
Ok
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VA 22202October 10, 2017
I was under NextPoint Group with DOD and NextPoint itself sucks. I would never recommend anyone to work for the contract because they do a lot of discriminating
Good productive work and good department to get experiance
Linguist/Cultural Advisor (Former Employee) –  BagrāmOctober 9, 2017
Department of Defense is one of the greatest Department to work for and learn and get experience and even have a long term job. The department offer a lot of benefits for its employees.
Pros
benefits and
Cons
Dangerous and stressfull
Enjoyed it
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCOctober 9, 2017
It was a joy working working with the group of ladies at the school. Thank you all. The ladies work as a team and the job always got done. The children learned and all went well
Enjoyable
Information Technology (IT) Support Technician (Current Employee) –  New Cumberland, PAOctober 9, 2017
I enjoy working for the DOD, even though I work as a contractor.I enjoy the customers that I tend to and I take pride in what I do. I like having a personal interaction with my customers.
Great working experience
Store Associate (Pathways Intern) (Former Employee) –  China Lake, CAOctober 9, 2017
I always had a great working experience, each of the three summers I worked for the Department of Defense. Had my job not been temporary, I would not have left.
High paced
Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 7, 2017
fast paced environment that challenged your ability to focus on a single task to completion. The ability to juggle multiple tasks and at the same tome focus on the priority task to see it through completion is a must.
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 6, 2017
Good place to work to advance in IT career. A typical Place to work. Learned a lot of IT experience. Workplace culture was fast placed. Employee's were very friendly.
Not what it use to be
Motor Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKOctober 6, 2017
Great place if you are looking for great benefits, and guaranteed 40hrs week. but other than that no really a good place to work, its getting to the point that nobody wants to really wants to do their job, or wants to do very little work..
Pros
great benefits
Cons
you get to do the work of others that are lazy and want to do very little.