United States Department Of Defense Employee Reviews

Found 2,581 reviews matching the search
I enjoy doing what I'm doing as a stocker because I enjoy putting up the goods and make it look good the way I want goods in store to look when I buy.
Vendor Stocker (Current Employee) –  698 Timble Rd, Wahiawa, HI 96786April 3, 2017
I just started working at part-time at this place as a vendor stocker and so far everything is alright. I like this job because I enjoy stocking up the goods on the shelves and make it look good to attract the customers eyes
Volunteer work
Educational Front Desk Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Washington StateApril 3, 2017
Being able to volunteer in an educational environment, often inspired me to work hard in my education. I was able to learn how to act around people who have strong educational backgrounds.
Productive enviroment, holiday time off.
Military Personnel Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 3, 2017
When I was working for the Department Of Defense, the enviroment within itself had been very challenging. I had been involved in several projects and work activities as well as learning about the military soldiers and how their lives are much different from civilian life.
Management seems to differ occasionally depending on the actions of the supervisors and what they expect from their employees.
The hardest part about my position would be how the job task must be carried out perfectly without any errors whereas attention must be
given at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job is simply recognition for good quality work.
Pros
Luncheons.
Cons
Health care, Dental Care, Promotions.
Senior Enlisted engineer
leading Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILApril 3, 2017
Military service is a very busy and prideful organization. We ensure our personnel are trained correctly to operate a multi-billion dollar war hip to protect our nation.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
being away from family long periods of time
Flexible work schedule, variety of tasks/action to perform
Logistics Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAMarch 31, 2017
Flexible work schedule, interaction and teamwork are essential for success, all ideas and suggestions are considered. Facilities well maintained, and explanation provided on unresolved issue.
Great work enviroment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMarch 27, 2017
I have definitely had a great experience working for this company. I have had the opportunity to work overseas. They will ensure that you have the proper training to do your job and will enhance your skills with on the job training.
Enjoyment of Jobs
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Morris County, NJMarch 26, 2017
I enjoy having a close working relationships with diverse customer, Inputing information into the system and working on financial reports, and general ledgers.
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
Filing
Love it
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 26, 2017
Awesome agency to work for. Provides ample amounts of opportunities to advance your career. I have gained various skills here to be successful in my profession and I am very thankful.
Great Job
Service Call Specialist, (Former Employee) –  Maxwell AFB, ALMarch 24, 2017
Worked for this establishment for almost ten years. I loved the job and it was enjoyable and rewarding. Great pay and great leadership at this facility.
Benefits
Cons
Mobility
Productive enviorment
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 24, 2017
Great for overall view and background of the contracting world.lots of computer time for classes. Covers Quality Management System Audits; (Complete and Partial) Risk Assessment; Analysis Contract Technical Review Surveillance Plans and Sampling First Article Testing; Inspection Delegations Corrective Action Requests Policies, Process, Procedures & Reporting Requirements.
Pros
gives you responsiblty
Cons
limits lifestyle
relaxing calm exciting and fun work experience
Store Associate/GS-4 (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILMarch 23, 2017
I would definitely wake up excited for work all the time meeting new people from around the world the diversity was amazing this job was great.. I certainly learned that one can love their job
Pros
scheduling couldnt get fired without a sort of hearing
Cons
management wasnt the nicest
Interesting
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAMarch 23, 2017
Working for the military is very interesting. Traveling abroad to different countries and doing work that counts was enjoyable. This was a really face paces environment which I liked. The promotion potential wasn't there. Hardest part of the job was being gone all the time, away from my family to remote places.
Productive Place to Work
Project Manager for Engagement Lead (Current Employee) –  Ft. MeadeMarch 22, 2017
Great place to work . Highly recommend it to college grads and transitioning military service members.

Typical 8 hour day
Learn about various government policies and programs.
No Comment
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 22, 2017
I was a contractor. I did not work for DOD. I was employed by another company in a DOD facility. The company is no longer on the contract.I do not have any other comment to offer.
Department of Defense
Child and Youth Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  HawaiiMarch 21, 2017
Working for the DoD has is very rewarding. There are excellent healthcare benefits as well as retirement benefits. You meet a lot of people and work alongside military members and their families.
Challenging and Rewarding. Experience of a lifetime
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDMarch 20, 2017
I work with the best and brightest minds and individuals to keep America Safe. Our job is to ensure the Warfighter has the tools needed to fight the mission. It is extremely rewarding to know that I make an impact daily.
Pros
Security Clearance, Job satisfaction
time well spent
Non-Commissioned Officer In-Charger/Section Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAMarch 20, 2017
Twenty three plus years servicing in the Department of Defense from nine different locations working in the logistics and transportation fields advancing up the ranks to a supervisor and management position.
Engineering Early Career
Nuclear Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 20, 2017
DOD was a good first job for an engineer right out of college. The work was often in project critical path and could require long hours since the goal was to turn ships and submarines around quickly.
Pros
Challenging Engineering Scope
Cons
Work hours not flexible
Typical work is fast paced with meetings
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMarch 20, 2017
Great place for young person looking to grow into a career. Once a soldier understands the requirements of the military and adapts to the lifestyle, it can be very rewarding.
Great Place to Work
Distribution Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMarch 19, 2017
If you'd like to work for a knowledgeable team who are making a difference around the globe around the clock....This is the team for you! This is a great opportunity to work along side our men and women and uniform. You can truly see up close and personal the degree of commitment and responsibility these brave women and men observe in securing our security and our liberty.
Pros
Civil Service and contribution to America's Armed Forces
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Department Of Defense. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3