United States Department Of Defense Employee Reviews

Found 2,589 reviews matching the search
Productive Place to Work
Project Manager for Engagement Lead (Current Employee) –  Ft. MeadeMarch 22, 2017
Great place to work . Highly recommend it to college grads and transitioning military service members.

Typical 8 hour day
Learn about various government policies and programs.
No Comment
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 22, 2017
I was a contractor. I did not work for DOD. I was employed by another company in a DOD facility. The company is no longer on the contract.I do not have any other comment to offer.
Department of Defense
Child and Youth Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  HawaiiMarch 21, 2017
Working for the DoD has is very rewarding. There are excellent healthcare benefits as well as retirement benefits. You meet a lot of people and work alongside military members and their families.
Challenging and Rewarding. Experience of a lifetime
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDMarch 20, 2017
I work with the best and brightest minds and individuals to keep America Safe. Our job is to ensure the Warfighter has the tools needed to fight the mission. It is extremely rewarding to know that I make an impact daily.
Pros
Security Clearance, Job satisfaction
time well spent
Non-Commissioned Officer In-Charger/Section Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAMarch 20, 2017
Twenty three plus years servicing in the Department of Defense from nine different locations working in the logistics and transportation fields advancing up the ranks to a supervisor and management position.
Engineering Early Career
Nuclear Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 20, 2017
DOD was a good first job for an engineer right out of college. The work was often in project critical path and could require long hours since the goal was to turn ships and submarines around quickly.
Pros
Challenging Engineering Scope
Cons
Work hours not flexible
Typical work is fast paced with meetings
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMarch 20, 2017
Great place for young person looking to grow into a career. Once a soldier understands the requirements of the military and adapts to the lifestyle, it can be very rewarding.
Great Place to Work
Distribution Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMarch 19, 2017
If you'd like to work for a knowledgeable team who are making a difference around the globe around the clock....This is the team for you! This is a great opportunity to work along side our men and women and uniform. You can truly see up close and personal the degree of commitment and responsibility these brave women and men observe in securing our security and our liberty.
Pros
Civil Service and contribution to America's Armed Forces
The Few the Proud
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 18, 2017
This has been the greatest job I've ever had. The culture the diversity is beyond what one can expect from an employer. I have had the best time working with great people and an excellent staff.
Pros
Security
Cons
Retirement
Essential and critical workplace
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILMarch 17, 2017
Projects are of top priority and are expected to be completed in a timely and efficient manner. There is a lot of travel around the country. Good working atmosphere and great coworkers.
Devondra Hawkins
Supply Technician Administrative Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAMarch 16, 2017
Challenging on all fronts mentally emotionally The work place culture is a little more intense than most work environments
The greatest accomplishment
Pros
Allowed me to travel the world
Cons
You are expendable as you age.
Promoted various volunteer programs promoting youth involvement
Youth Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tobyhanna, PAMarch 15, 2017
The numerous volunteer opportunities were always cohesive and well planned. Each opportunity allowed for youth to step outside of their comfort zones and explore moments of advocacy and community outreach/development.
Best place to work at
U.S. Military Senior Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMarch 15, 2017
Best Benefits and security for your family. I spend 12 years working here and only separated due to having my son.
I recommend this company to everyone .
Tradoc
Enterprise Architect (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAMarch 14, 2017
Working for Booz Allen Hamilton supporting TRADOC, Ft Eustis client provided me a solid enterprise architect position for several years with opportunity to serve multiple clients which I find rewarding. Would recommend BAH to anyone wanting a challenging position for very good company.
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
Lengthy government contract negotiations
Dod
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDMarch 13, 2017
Working with the Department of Defense has been a great experience. The culture of the workplace is great, management is great and the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work independently. The hardest part of my job is finding time for training.
not what i expected
Dental Assistant GS-05 (Former Employee) –  sab diego, caMarch 13, 2017
The job was not what I expected. I didn't like it at all. I would never recommended this position to anyone under 50 years old!! its so boring all you do it sit there half the time.
i love working for the military familes
front desk clerk (Former Employee) –  Edwards, CAMarch 13, 2017
I loved working for the housing department in for the air force base,, I have learned so much about people and the way that they they should be treated.. this job offered me security and stability I hated moving to another state and having to leave this job.
Pros
getting to meet several diffrent people that worked on the base
Cons
i only found one on your first 30 days of work you have to work the graveyard shift but it was ok
Great Opportunity
Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 13, 2017
Great opportunity to work for the US Government allowing the creativity to flow in a timely manner. I learned to divide the time between tasks. Great communication during meetings and a happy place to work.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
By contract only
Review
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXMarch 8, 2017
If your looking for security, then this is the place you want to work for. However, Most people get stuck with comfort and nothing ever really changes making work/life very boring. Its a good job if you like routine but other than that it gets old real quick.
Limited Mobility - Depending on Chain of Command
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pentagon, DCMarch 7, 2017
Had worked from GS 12 to GS13 position, as part of the career progression that was advertised when I applied for the job. At the time that I had reached the GS 13 position, it seems that I had lost the ability to perform a rotational assignment or even obtain orders for deployment to contingency operations, because the requests were all denied. I had even requested deployment on multiple occasions and they were all denied.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Department Of Defense. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3