United States Department Of Defense Employee Reviews

Found 2,845 reviews matching the search
Good place to work for benefits and pay.
Program Controller (Former Employee) –  Robins AFB, GAJuly 26, 2017
My years working as a civil servant were enjoyable, I started at the bottom and worked my way up. Most of managers over the years were decent and fair. I trained contractors outside of the base I worked at to use websites to report status of items being repaired at their facilities.
Unit Administrator
Unit Administrator (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 25, 2017
This job is a very fast paced working environment and under short time in the 8-10 hours a day. You must develop a very open personality to accept last minute projects.
Pros
Benefits in Health and Retirement
Cons
Working under pressure
enjoyed working there
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Vicenza, VenetoJuly 25, 2017
its a great company to work for. loved the benefits. they respect all holidays and had life-work balance...it was a great experience working for the government.
Pros
great benefits-days off.
Cons
it was only part time
Room for advancement depends on how hard you work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 24, 2017
Come in with an attitude that you want to be the best at what you do and succeed. Also that the only person that can stop you is you be to work on time and listen take orders well
Pros
Great medical and dental insurance
Cons
Working hours depending on your job title
Fun Place to Work
Disposition Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus OhioJuly 22, 2017
Dynamic; Great for Advancement; If you work hard you will succeed. Very accommodating for service members; especially reservists from all of the branches.
Very Productive and love working at this place
Pnuedraulic Systems Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKJuly 21, 2017
I have done multiple thing while working for DOD, I am very please with the professionalism and willing to help train others. I have had multiple job while working for DOD and each one of them I have thoroughly enjoyed.
lived the dream
serve your country
great benefits
alway sunny in southern California
Quiet Environment
Human Resources Specialist - (MPAA) (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 20, 2017
Taking care of Soldiers is important to me. Being a Soldier, I take pride in helping others. This job allows me to do so on different levels. Privacy is important. Making sure they have no worries is rewarding.
This is a Federal Government, Dept. of Defense.
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJuly 19, 2017
This is a Military University for the doctors and nurses. And a typical day consist of me doing admin. work such as ordering supplies, paying bills, reconciling accounts, data entry etc. I learned how to multitask and kept my composure. And work in a diverse environment. The hardest part of my job was letting someone help me and thinking everything had to be done in one day. I enjoyed helping people and working with so many different cultures of people.
Navy Wounded Warrior
Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Millington, TNJuly 19, 2017
Great place to work; Very rewarding and excellent opportunities. Working with the service members gives me a sense of accomplishments and honor. My job is full duty with support from others and their families.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful environment
productive and good team enviroment
Engineer Technician (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAJuly 19, 2017
everyday is a new challenge which keeps things interesting and learning new tasks to deepen skillsets. I have learned lots of new things and had amazing opportunities to work with some of the most intelligent people in the Navy.
Temporary Summer Job
Laborer/Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Langley Air Force Base Hampton, VAJuly 19, 2017
Summer Job for students and is an excellent place to work. You gain very useful skills. Would recommend to other students in high school and college to work there.
Boring job, very mundane and routine every day.
Human Resource Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJuly 18, 2017
Every day was exactly the same, asking between 15 and 70 people who were joining or wanting to join the military the exact same security questions. The only good part of the job was the work/life balance and some of the people that I worked with were awesome.
Overall
PARAMEDIC / SUPERVISORY PARAMEDIC (GS-9) (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 18, 2017
The environment is toxic but its not the department as a whole, only WAMC. Lack of education and knowledge added w/ the inability to fire bad people makes it a horrible place to work. Turnover rate is extremely high due to people leaving along with the 46% deductions taken out of each pay check, does't make it worth it to work at WAMC.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
My day with the Government
Document Imaging Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAJuly 18, 2017
Everyday was a chance to work with a team, continue to learn and gain more knowledge. It also taught me time management skills. I really enjoyed working with the goverment. I was helping to support the mission and our soldiers.
Best job you can get.
Master at Arms (Former Employee) –  VariousJuly 18, 2017
Best job I've ever had. I only left to be with my mother who was diagnosed with cancer. Unfortunate, The navy isn't taking prior service right now or I'd re join right now. The military is what you make of it, the more you put in, the more you'll receive .
Pros
Pay, vacation time, benefits, brotherhood, skills, education
Cons
None!
military
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Vicenza, VenetoJuly 17, 2017
learn how to be a team member
enjoy the travels
have slow days and fast days
always on the move
being able to be flexible
always on call.
Stressful due to management not knowing what they are doing (how to run a business)
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYJuly 17, 2017
The hardest part of the job is dodging management from being harassed over whatever they feel like is worth harassing. Petty stuff. The most enjoyable part of the job is my coworkers. Work 3rd shift because it's less stressful.
Work study program
SERVICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 17, 2017
They had their favorites that the employees would pay more attention to. Some of the employees had bad attitudes and would not help some of the veterans. Some of the employees would treat the veterans as if they were worthless and the VA would take veterans benefits away from the veteran without an exam.
Pros
Flexable time
Cons
Did not get hired in
Government can be a great place to work
Master Instructor and Course Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 16, 2017
I have spent 38 years in government and or the military. I have really enjoyed it and probably would stay the last ten years until retirement but I would like a change. As they say there is the right way the wrong way and the government way.
There are problems with leadership since the big hiring after 9/11. Some of those hires have used the peter principle and are now in positions that do serious damage to the Department of Defense. I am currently under some of those type people and need to leave because I am too old to put up with the childish shenanigans.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lack of real leadership and commitment in many areas