United States District Court

United States District Court Employer Reviews

Productive fun work place
Chief Judge Gerald Rosen (Former Employee), detroitMarch 17, 2014
Worked on high profile cases. Learned a lot of federal law. It was a great learning experience and I would love to work there in the future.
Enjoying how fellow co-works work together as a team.
Relief Courtroom Deputy/Case Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: have all work avilable with the correct answer to provide the public
Cons: not have the good research methods to make work day easy
A typical day at work would be to making summary entries of all documents and proceedings on the docket; assuring that automated entries are linked for proper case management; prepared and transmitted notices, judgments and orders; performed inquiries and furnished information either in person or by correspondence as to status of cases; and prepared – more... a statistical report in each case commenced or terminated also auditing the work of CM/ECF system attorney’s.
What I learned from the job is that although the documents have the same titles then can be interrupted with different meanings.
Management and co-works are team players we all work together to get the daily task done.
The hardest part of the job is when documents have been sent to archives and we can research the file do to pages are missing or lost. The most enjoyable part of the job is keep the court staff and public happy and making there goals and need important. – less
no comment
System Analyst/ Programmer (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 26, 2013
Co-workers are nice and all of us are working independent to finish our job on time.
The most enjoyable part of job is when I finished my program on time.
Very Productive Workplace
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 19, 2013
Business is very efficient. Very busy workload, but satisfying.
Productive and Pleasant work place.
Financial Administrator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2012
Pros: flexable lunch and break times
The position was responsible for accounting for all funds received and disbursed by the Court, this included operating costs, jury payments, bail bonds, salary, travel payments, etc.

I learned to manage 14 people to accomplish the mission required by the Clerk of Court and Judges of the Court.

The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was passing – more... people on to other jobs within the court system. – less
excellent opportunity
Contract Paralegal / Attorney (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 5, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: inconsistent pay
Great boss who introduced me to the federal criminal system
Not fair to minority employee regarding training
Deputy Clerk/Case Manager II/Generalist Clerk (Former Employee), Central District of IllinoisMay 1, 2012
Pros: benefits were great
Cons: management was not very user friendly
Always had someone looking over shoulder. Co-workers were not very helpful. Never taught job without reprimand on how I should be learning. The best part was working directly with prisoners and law enforcement.
Able to consistently improve secretarial skills
Confidential Judicial Secretary (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 3, 2012
Pros: opportunity to increase legal secretarial skills, i n addition to excellent salary increases
Cons: no dental, or vision coverage
Typical day would include interaction with Judge and other employees in Judge's chamber regarding daily cases and work load. Interation with U.S. Marshal Service, U.S. District Attorney's Office, U.S. Immigration Officers, attorneys and their clients. Managed civil cases which may include scheduling conferences, court hearings and trials. Prepared reports, – more... memos, letters and court orders for the Judge's approval and signature. Arranged national and international travel for the Judge. – less