United States Federal Government

United States Federal Government Employee Reviews

Great Position
Special Agent - GS-13 Step 10 1811 Series (Former Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZAugust 10, 2014
It was an honor and a pleasure to server with the United States Federal Government for twenty five years. The salary and benefits were fantastic. In addition, the management and co-workers really cared about each other. There was a bonding between Special Agents that I have not found anywhere else.
Review
Volunteer/Internship (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CaliforniaJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great work experience
Cons: it was just an internship
I was an intern in the human resource department. It was a good job for a college student.
Provided a Service to Man and my Country
Transportation Security Officer (Former Employee), DFW AirportNovember 20, 2013
New challenges each day. A since of doing something to help
others after 911. I was one of the first 44K hired full time when
the agency was formed.
Loved working for the Federal Government. Learned a lot about rules and regulations.
Human Resource Specialist/Manager (Former Employee), United StatesJune 3, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: having to work holidays, weekends and sometimes off days being a manager.
I was a Human Resources Specialist and a Supervisor, Customer Services. I worked both with the public as well as with employees. I love helping people. I enjoyed it when I was the Retirement Counselor. I had to assist employees in making important decisions about their future. The one thing I did not like about the job was when an employee died I had to do death benefits for the family. That was very hard when you have to work with families of a love one that just died.
Very good work environment and customer friendly
Small Arms Repairer (Current Employee), Fort Lee, VAJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: government benefits
Cons: very few advancement opportunities
A typical day of work for me intels weapons inventories. I also have to maintain a 10 day window for weapon part turn-ins, as well as perform maintenance on various military weapons. I also file the appropriate work related work orders. The hardest part of my job is just making sure we are in compliance with federal regulations. The most enjoyable part is knowing that by fixing weapons to standard it allows soliders to be mission ready.
Rewarding Experience
Crew Leader Assistant/Enumerator (Former Employee), Ocala, FLSeptember 1, 2012
Pros: cristalized my awareness and sensibility about the suffering from others.
Cons: temporary work
The job description is very similar to other jobs based on-premise survey interviewing. The principal challenges were: attempting to gain access to the units, obtaining the trust of the people, explaining your affiliation and getting the information.

Each case was a new experience presenting situations that if not properly handled it could represent danger to you. Census work was intricate but very rewarding.

The job permitted me to experience and witness the poverty and the suffering of some residents of Marion County.
Great Job
Program and Management Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 10, 2012
FBI is a great place to work, people are very helpful, and I never have a boring day.