United States Golf Association Employee Reviews

A cool and fun place to work.
Summer Intern for the USGA's Scoring Department (Former Employee) –  Far Hills, NJJune 5, 2017
If you love golf, the USGA is a great place to work. You get the opportunity work at many different Amateur and Professional Championships across the country.
Pros
Travel, Golf, Work at Prestigious Events
Cons
Long Hours, Away from family
It was great being part of the golf industry
Main Frame Programmer (Former Employee) –  Far Hills, New JerseyOctober 13, 2015
This job kept me busy all day every day. First thing in the morning making sure the nightly production jobs ran okay. Programming for new request from the field. First major undertaking was the upgrade to y2k. Later on we upgraded the system to DB2. This was a very difficult project. Overall is was a great working environment.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
nothing
Great environment with constant room for growth
U.S. Open Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  University Place, WAAugust 5, 2015
Throughout my six months with the USGA I performed administrative assistant tasks such a mailings, emails, calendar updates, etc. I was given the opportunity to grow through the multiple projects I was selected to organization such a private home rentals for the players, intern housing, and our concierge binder among others. I was encouraged to ask all co-workers for help and guidance when needed, this allowed me to be accurate in all of my work and make sure the final project was perfect the first time around.
The hardest part of this job was the hours leading up to and during the Championship, however it was all worth it to see the hard work of our entire team pay off when Jordan Spieth was crowned the champion. I enjoyed working with everyone in my office and being in an environment where I was treated as an equal and knew my opinion was valued.
Pros
Amazing work environment, incredible experiences, and so much personal development
Cons
Long hours, incidents with spectators
Highly Stressful environment
Security Manager U.S. Open) (Current Employee) –  University Place, WAJune 23, 2015
2015 US Open Championship USGA
Seattle, WA

Led, managed and directed USGA sponsored championship security efforts of 900 security officers responsible for the safeguarding of the over 200,000 USGA guests and spectators. Responsible for executing USGA sanctioned security policies, procedures and protocol for the large-scale international event in conjunction with federal agencies that included: Homeland Security, FBI, DOD, including numerous local law enforcement agencies. Developed, implemented and executed on-site staff trainings, vendor reporting and surveillance operations that included USGA event equipment, property, merchandise, materials, and sponsors efforts that included:
USGA, ROLEX, LEXUS, MICROSOFT, FOX SPORTS, IBM, AMERICAN EXPRESS, BMW, TAYLOR MADE, POLO RALPH LAUREN, valued in excess of $30M.
High-class, professional organization
U.S. Open Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  University Place, WAApril 30, 2015
Enjoyable, fast-paced environment.

Co-workers have become close friends.

Gratifying experience.

The USGA has high standards that are exemplified on a daily basis by its leaders.
No two days are alike, very demanding yet very rewarding
Deputy Director-Security (Current Employee) –  Far Hills, NJDecember 26, 2014
The USGA is an exceptional organization to work for as an independent consultant. If there would be a disadvantage it would be the present restructuring and re-branding process. The Senior Management of the organization are creative, honest and driven professionals that work with great zeal to make the USGA the finest example of a sports industry organization. The middle management are often critical of change and slow to respond to required change. It has been my personal experience the restructuring and planned centralization of all units of the organization have left many people on edge and quick to find fault.
Pros
Fast paced and event driven
Cons
No unit cohesion.
Fun work environment
P.J. Boatwright Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2014
This job was very enjoyable and I learned a lot of the ins and outs of the golf world. I had a great experience working with this company!
Productive, great people
Manager, Marketing and Communication Strategy (Former Employee) –  Far Hills, NJJanuary 25, 2014
Busy, constant learning, continual planning of developing membership awareness, a lot of creative meetings with staff, direct marketing group, consultants.

Direct marketing, printing, postal, db segmentation, how to present to vendors and the board, web development.

Majority of management were great, wasn't confident in the ability of some.

Lack of vision.

People and opportunity to learn and put programs and ideas into motion.
Pros
Great benefits, great people
Cons
Hiring of people who didn't have the ability to lead
Long-term temp at a great place
Intellectual Property Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Far Hills, NJApril 29, 2012
While I was only a temp at the USGA, there could be more idylllic workplace in terms of location; the grounds and facilities are lovely. I did not have the chance to go permanent there and thus cannot comment on the job security/advancement aspect, though there seemed to be many there who had long careers there.
Pros
great environment
Cons
good-old boy network in higher mgmt, (or so i am told by other employyes thtere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Golf Association. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7