United States Olympic Committee

United States Olympic Committee Employee Reviews

Outsourcing
Manager of Security (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: work environment
Cons: decision by upper management to outsource
I was with the US Olympic Committee after my retirement for the US Air Force. My Director was a great supervisor & mentor.

The Security Division was laid off by the US Olympic Committee Executive Committee in July 1999.
Wonderful people and work place.
Administrative Assistant - Alumni Relations (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: fun place.
Cons: insufficient pay rate.
At the time that I worked at the U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC), it was one of my favorite jobs to have. The people were wonderful and my position at the USOC allowed me to meet Olympians and travel to foreign countries. The USOC was also very conscientious and generous to its employees.
Great experience
Coordinator, Principal Gifts and Board Relations (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: international travel
Cons: work/life balance is rare
The USOC is a great place to work. I have had the experience of a lifetime getting to travel to 2 Olympic games in the 3 and a half years I've been working there. I've been fortunate enough to have an incredible boss who has made sure I have had every opportunity to grow within the organization.
See below
Olympic Athlete (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 2, 2014
If you are interested in learning about my career/ experience as an Olympic athlete @ the USOC I am happy to set up a time to discuss. Just like everything else, you take the good with the bad and everything in between.
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Gangsta (Former Employee), The Hood, COAugust 19, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
The Colorado Olympic Training Center
Float Chef (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: meet elite athletes and interact in their daily lives
Cons: everything else!
The food service operation at the OTC is terrible!! Having worked there for several years it is fairly evident that the managment has no clue as to run an operation for elite athletes. High turnover, little camaraderie, and zero chances for advancement prove this rating fair.
Amazing
Translator & Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 8, 2014
The internship positions at the U.S. Olympic Committee are unlike any I have had before. They give you real meaningful projects where you are allowed to take the lead and can truly make a difference.
Team Environmnet
NBG USA Wrestling National Events Intern (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 9, 2013
Pros: paid intern
Cons: no cons
A typical day at work for the USOC and USA Wrestling is very fun. The whole organization is a team emphasized organization.
Productive and fun workplace
Marketing Activation Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 9, 2013
Highly capable and engaging staff, working hard to achieve big things every day.
Great family-oriented environment
Operations Intern (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CAFebruary 25, 2013
This was a great place to work that was challenging day in and day out.
A great place to work while training full-time
Tour Ambassador (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no benefits because it is part-time work
I am able to work my schedule around training full-time for the Paralympics, which is great, because not many jobs have that ability. I give tours to anyone who comes in and asks. The tours are also free to the public. While not giving a tour, I man the desk, usually with another ambassador, and we field questions or visitors and of people who call.
Fast-paced, but balanced
Compensation & HRIS Specialist (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 1, 2012
Fun, engaging, mission oriented organization. Employees take their jobs seriously, but know how to have fun, too.
Working with National and International coaches and athletes.
Lead Specialist, Venue Operations (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CO 80909February 16, 2012
Pros: travel
Cons: money for the company not the athletes.
I have worked for the United States Olympic Committee for twenty years. I have seen the equipment and the rules of sports change over the years; also the way athletes train. It is great to know that you are part of helping American athletes reach their goals in life.
Great to get to Work with athletes but politics get in the way
Health Care Provider (Former Employee), Colorado SpringsDecember 21, 2011
Great place if you work directly with athletes but others forget the mission

About United States Olympic Committee

Friendship, solidarity, and fair play are the watchwords for this sports organization. United States Olympic Committee (USOC) – Read more

United States Olympic Committee Salaries