United States Post Office Employee Reviews

no support from the management
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJanuary 25, 2016
Doing everything on your own. Must keep management happy as well as the customers. Not a lot of skills needed, on that note, compensation is decent. must work fast!
USPS review
Mail Carrier CCA (Current Employee) –  Ritzville, WAJanuary 21, 2016
It can be a career job if you choose this career path. Management was ok and co-coworkers are descent. Non stable hours meaning you may get 30 one week and 24 the next.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
non-stable hours
Horrible job with hours and upper management
carrier (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LAJanuary 20, 2016
Sort flats of mail
Load truck
Deliver mail to homes and businesses within time period
Deliver packages to homes and businesses
Pros
Pay
Cons
No days off
Casual Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 13, 2016
There's always something to do which I loved and my hard work didn't go unrecognized. What I learned was how to prioritize mail, not knowing how important certain mail was before. All of the permanents liked me including all supervisors. I enjoyed working over nights it was my first time ever doing this and I'd definitely do it again.
Cons
Wish they kept me
Very prodcutive
Rural Carrier (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJanuary 8, 2016
Working at the post office was great. The people were nice. They were big on team building and keeping people encouraged.
Post Office
Carrier / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 7, 2016
During this time at the post office I started as a city carrier and finished as a supervisor, the only reason I had to leave was due to family obligations.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Worked and average of 60 hours a week
Dissapointed
Tractor Trailer Operator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 27, 2015
It was very disappointing to find out that you could work there for up to one year before receiving any benefits. Extremely negative work culture. Management has unrealistic expectations.
Intense
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 27, 2015
To work in the main plant of the Post Office is extremely labor intensive. you are expected to do more then one job at a time and make sure everything gets out on time. Mail and packages can weight up to 80 pounds and sometimes you have to life from the floor to higher than you head places.
Pros
3 breaks, plently of overtime
Cons
management is too scared of the union to do their job correctly
structured and logivity
City Carrier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 24, 2015
I loved working for the PO. Great benefits, security in the job and great pay. hard work but great pay. The job gets easier as time goes by. As long as you are willing to work, work is their for compensation.
benefits
Cons
lots of work hours.
good pay
Highway Contractor (Current Employee) –  LouisianaDecember 19, 2015
I enjoyed working here but we are contractors and my wife loved the job a lil more than me. so that is why I let her have it and now I am looking for work.
Pros
good money get off work early
Cons
no benefits
Mail
Mail Handler /Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 9, 2015
Carry mail , sort mail , put mail in correct mail boxes , a lot of walking and lifting and bending . The post demands a lot of time and patience .
productive
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 7, 2015
the most stressful part about this job was my colleagues wouldn't help you out when needed and some irate customers that wanted you there at a certain time,.
Productive and fast pace place working with people
Mail Clerk (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 1, 2015
I loved doing my job because i was fast at mail sorting and shipp. and rec. I was also very strong at lifting. I had alot of fun around Christmas and the overtime. Could not believe how much mail really does come thriugh during Christmas. I learned alot on working with people and working together as a group and learning how fast to sort mail by zip codes. The hardest part of the Job was when there is alot of damaged mail during Christmas . Also the overtime. Had to always make sure u get alot of sleep because it will seem like u just left there because of so much overtime. But i liked it.
Pros
Hopefully access to easy transportation, such as car pool, easy access to busses and train.
Cons
Great Healthcare services.
nice place
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lindenhurst, NYDecember 1, 2015
i always enjoyed working with the youth. here i worled on the garden center which is on the roof of the building. i got a hour lunch and i got along with the other nice employees.
fun place to work
Postal Suport Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2015
Working Over night is nice because I get my whole day to relax and return to work the next night at 11p and I get paid really good money . The expectation of the company is to get the mail out to the customers
Supervisor in Production section
Supervisor of Manufacturing and Repairs (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 23, 2015
Control production, asisten, awards, and discipline action if needed.

To give time and safety meetings one a week.

Work togethers and unique.

Be able to work the Union.

Sheer the awards togethers.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 17, 2015
I enjoyed working for the post office and I learned most of my Customer service skills,and supervisor skills from this empolyer..
St. Louis County Department of Highways and Traffic and Public Works
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 16, 2015
My review of working for St. Louis County has been a great experience, working with Right-of-Way Representatives, I have learned the process of condemnation and road widening projects, along with preparing court documentation, preparing updated informational brochure to give to the public when they are affected by a road project, in addition to working with various engineers, and I like the knowledge of asking questions and learning more about road projects and the street segments, when I'm out and I notice a particular road project I'm familiar with it, and I just like working with my co-workers as a team
Pros
Supportive mangement and co-workers
Good
Rural Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, MINovember 13, 2015
The job is great. I love it. But the hardest part is you start out as a sub and have to wait till someone leaves to become a regular carrier. Most subs wait 10 or more years to become a regular. That also means while you are waiting you do not receive health benefits or retirement benefits.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
how long it takes to make full time
productive
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 12, 2015
I drove a fifteen foot box truck and delivered products to businesses and residential areas in a safe and timely manner. I learned to use a computer scanner and learned different parts of Cincinnati. Management and co-workers were fair. Being able to work outside was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
working out doors
Cons
no healthcare benefits