United States Post Office Employee Reviews

productive and fun place
Finance supervisor (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Good salary
Cons: long hours
My typical day would start as by giving assignments to all the clerks and carriers. Create work schedules, conduct regularly performance reviews and resolve customer complaints.
Enjoyed working with different people everyday.
Mail Carrier (Former Employee), Houston TexasJuly 12, 2015
Pros: The work hours were great
Cons: no a/c in the trucks..
I learned to deal with angry customers... the hardest part was learning 3 new routes a week was very stressful... I enjoyed meeting new people everyday..
knew job was only seasonal
mailhandler (Former Employee), Yakima, WAJuly 10, 2015
Was Great Place. Wish the job was not a seasonal position would have liked to continue working there. The other workers were very friendly and it was a pleasure to work with them
n/a
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2015
The work life balance isn't great, we don't get holiday pay. We have to deal with being attacked by dogs and poor weather conditions.
Worst Place on earth
Postal Service Clerk (Former Employee), Tampa, FlJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Lots of overtime
Cons: Everything
Once a week all of the employees were called to a group meeting. We were told we would be fired due to lack of mail volume, then at the end of our shift we would be told we have four hours of overtime – more... and one of our days off would be taken because the facility was behind. The constant moving of machinery and equipment made for dangerous working conditions. Furthermore the constant repeated movements over time caused every single full time employee to have some type of major reconstructive surgery. The Management constantly berated the employees, regardless of output. Then after nearly a year of working there, we were laid off and then offered our jobs back at three dollars an hour less. Overall the United States Postal Service is a very difficult place to work. – less
Productive when it comes to exercise
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Exercise
Cons: Dangerous dogs
The job of a City Carrier is very physically demanding as well as time consuming during bad weather conditions; however the co-workers i work with are willing to assist with completing complex routes.
process mail with machines
Casual/Temp (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: enjoyed working the my co workers
Cons: not knowing when i was getting off work for sure.
process and sort mail by hand or by using the machines. moving packages from dock to the building to get processed Had to work on different machines or hand sorted mail when the machines were down
Its a job that has good pay
City Carrier (Current Employee), Camden, NJJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Good salary
Cons: Working in bad weather
First thing in the morning you would sort out your mail for delivery sequence, Sort parcels and obtain accountable mail (certified letters, express mail, and registered mail) and load your vehicle for – more... on the street delivery. What I learned is how to drive on the opposite side of a vehicle and to case mail at a fast pace. Management was fair most of the time but they emphasized making the numbers and the time. The hardest part about the job was getting adjusted to the various weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from various walks of life. – less
I loved the work of a rural mail carrier.
Rural Mail Carrier (Former Employee), Stockbridge GA 30281July 1, 2015
Pros: Work at your own pace.
Cons: I was a temporary, so not enough hours and the pay was not adequate.
Learned how to sort and delivery the mail. Management was patient in training for the job. Great co-workers. Best part of the job was prepping work at the beginning of the day.
Everyone is on one accord on what need to be done, and it gets Done in a timely fashion.
Office Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Good teamwork
Cons: benefits
Consistency of progress, working in such productivity really encourages the worker to always give good results without being asked.
Over work , over supervise
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), 567 Tompkins aveJune 28, 2015
Pros: My customers i met during my career
Cons: Too many to say. Too many management.
They are more concerned about speed and not accuracy. They are more concerned about catching the ten percent who don't work at a hundred percent
Poor
mail carrier (Former Employee), Oxford, MAJune 27, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: No Comment
Very deceiving when hired. Didn't tell you that it would only be a temporary position 1 day per week. Would not guarantee more than 1 day. Not enough hours to keep a familgy going.
a learning experience, excellent management
Mail Handler (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 26, 2015
a typical day at work will throwing boxes in the correct zip codes... I learned the different location for the zip codes, Mangement was excellent, Co-worker was helpful, The hardest part was recieving a package with no zip code.
friendly working
assistant letter carrier (Former Employee), Ramona, CAJune 19, 2015
Pros: everyone was very helpful, benefits, training
Cons: physically strenuous.
I enjoyed working there; everyone was very helpful..
the clerks and letter carriers and the supervisors were always available for assistance, questions, and no job was below them when someone was in need.
Great place to work, would recommend
RCA/Office Clerk (Former Employee), Wayne, WVJune 17, 2015
United States Post Office is a great place to work and the customer's are all very friendly. It is a wonderful place for someone looking for a part time position.
Temporary Holiday Casual Clerk
Casual -Temporary Christmas Mail Handler (Former Employee), Taylor, MIJune 15, 2015
Pros: Constant vigorous work take a lot of concentration
Cons: Short breaks
Un-dock the mail from delivery truck and sort mail daily. Sort mail on sorter belt by zip codes daily. Deliver mail to other employees to assist in sorting by zip code.
no lack of work
custodian (Former Employee), Albany, NYJune 10, 2015
Pros: good managers
Cons: no insurance until last year
liked job but until last year no benefits. 40 plus, hours, longer you work there the better it gets. Work hard show up on time and you will be treated good.
Lots and Lots of Hours
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAJune 9, 2015
Good job, but it they expect too much of you and are forced into overtime. Days usually consisted of 10-12 hour days. It was nice being outside all day but as i stated before they overwork you for the amount they pay you.
ok place if you have no other choices.
PSE Clerk (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 3, 2015
When I was hired my boss said, " As a PSE you have to take a lot of BS." There is no set schedule, no weekends free, no vacation time. Hard to work like this with a family and babysitter to schedule. Eventually it leads to a full time position with a set schedule and better pay, but I think its not worth it.
Fun work environment
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 2, 2015
The post office was a very fun work environment. The work was a little hard because of the heavy lifting. It was a very professional environment.