United States Postal Service
4,444 reviews

United States Postal Service Employer Reviews

Ok work place. Employees try to find fault in my tests and work.
Data Collection Tech (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Postal benefits are good.
Cons: Have to wait until 55 years of age to retire.
Regular start time is 5:00AM to 1:30 PM however my hours change everyday. Being relied upon and Work without Supervision. I have Supervisor however this person works out of Miami Florida and I work out of Fort Lauderdale.
I dont have a whole lot to say on the matter
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCMarch 26, 2015
Its amazing how the Postal Service Works one of the most stressful places I have ever worked. Not the work the culture.Thats all I have rto say on the matter.
I am very productive
Postmaster (Current Employee), Huntertown, INMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Good retirement
Cons: I would like to work more independent
I show up for work at 5:30 a.m. I sort the mail for my carriers and put the PO Box up for my customers.

The hardest part of the job is when a customer is waiting on a parcel and it has not reached your facility. Sometimes you can not explain why the parcel is late.

The most enjoyable part is when you make your customers happy.
postal service
Rural Mail Carrier (Former Employee), Jensen Beach, FLMarch 25, 2015
Cons: short break
Get to the facility minutes before required time.i learn how to case and identify the different sort of mail.management and my fellow co-workers it was nice you guys having me and your team that was on experience for me,ill say the hardest part of the job was the casing of the mail you have to be consistent one mistake and you day could be overturn,i would say the most enjoyable part of the job is deliver the mails when am on the final set for the day ill be singing now the day is over it is fun working with postal service
City Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Amsterdam, NYMarch 24, 2015
 Set up and deliver mail to residences and businesses along a specified route six days a week
 Provide excellent customer service
 Answer customers questions about postal services and regulations
 Report any unusual circumstances concerning mail delivery, including the condition of street letter boxes
Workplace was a fast paced environment
Casual Clerk (Former Employee), Davenport, FLMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Nice work environment
Cons: Only worked as a temp
Worked for this employer only as a temp. Nice group of people. Loved the job, but I was a casual employee. I'm sure if I was a full time employee, I would be able to give more input.
Mail Handler USPS
Mail Handler (Current Employee), Reno, NVMarch 24, 2015
Responsible for loading and unloading postal items up to 70 pounds. Sort, move, organize and load mail prior to actual delivery to the proper jurisdiction. Operate sorting machinery, electric forklifts, and other equipment necessary to sort mail and load packages. Organize mail and packages on conveyors for dispatch to conveying units for properly deliver to distribution areas.
Enjoyable work experience mostly everyday.
PSE Clerk (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Dependable employment
Cons: Mismanagement in HR
I enjoyed my jobs at the post office. Made a lot of friends during eight to ten hour shifts. Nothing hard about working there. Most enjoyed interpersonal relationships.
Very demanding and restrictive employer.
City Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Euclid, OHMarch 24, 2015
Pros: The better part of a letter carriers day is spent out doors and independantly.
Cons: Poor leadership.
The USPS routinely asks of you more than can be accomplished. I have learned to value my time and health through this experience. Postal management lacks integrity, training, professionalism, and discipline, promoting a highly click-ish culture and hostile working relationships. Hardest to manage are unreasonable expectations and manipulative practices. The pay almost makes up for this.
delivery of mail and parcels
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
A typical work day consist of casing the residual and flat mail. Prepare to move to the street by separating parcels based on street names. Finally, deliver the mail to designated route. I have learned to be flexible, in regards to doing different routes per day. Management is flexible with employees with other obligations and also diligent in enforcing rules and regulations. Co-workers are friendly and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with the various weather climates. The most enjoyable part about working at the post office is knowing that as a carrier, we play a major role in people's lives across the world; simply by delivering their mail.
Fast pace environment with customer based priority
Postmaster (Former Employee), Capitol Heights, MDMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at the Postal Service was window sales and service, distributing incoming mail and dispatching all outgoing mail. Selling products and postage to customer through package, letter and flat mail acceptance. Accounting for all financial aspects of unit. Maintaining customer PO boxes and business reply account. Learned and developed accountability, teamwork, leadership and time management. Co-workers were good. Most enjoyable part was servicing the internal and external customer with an exceptional product in established times.
Great pay but worked to death
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
Arrogant management that plays favorites and tries to sabotage your job.
Nice people who are very helpful to new people.
Have to pick up the slack of lazy co-workers who disappear while working.
Have to deal with creepy men twice your age hitting on you everyday.
It's a good job.
Postal Support Employee (Former Employee), Florence, SCMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at work consists of hard work. But you will be well compensated for it. I learned that a hard worker gets more work, a lazy person gets more breaks.
stressful days
City Carrier (Former Employee), Kearny, NJMarch 23, 2015
i doesnt have anything bad to say about the post office but its alot of mail and long days. But its ok it just takes time to get use to.
Great benefits, backwards management, unsteady work schedule.
Data Conversion Operator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 23, 2015
Pros: pay, you can listen to music, you can wear what you want.
Cons: must appeal to managers, no rights, bad scheduling, micromanaging.
I worked at the USPS Remote Encoding Center for almost two years. I served two 90-day probation periods and received one promotion.

It's good that they pay slightly-above-average wages because any less money earned per hour would feel like slave wages.

At the REC, you cannot speak to anyone or be ten seconds late for anything. You must appeal personally to ALL managers or they will pick favorites and fire those who they don't like. Breaks must be precise. They watch and monitor everything you do and if your performance strays AT ALL there will be consequences. Summer time as a PSE gets you about 20 hours per week. Christmas time gets you about a 72-hour work week that is MANDATORY. You don't get any input on when they schedule you and they never shut down.

I've never been treated so poorly as an employee in my life. The Union is great, the pay is good (you get differentials) and after a probationary period, you can listen to music through your headphones.

Hands must be on your keyboard at all times. Communication devices must be turned off and out of sight.

The hardest part of the job is staying awake and being perfect.
Fun place to work
Mail Carrier (Former Employee), Worth, ILMarch 22, 2015
I maintained the sales floor, and stocked shelves. I enjoyed working for Walmart. I learned how to improve customer service by making sure items were always in stock. I also learned how important it is to the customer that signs are visible.
USPS
PSE Clerk (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 22, 2015
Working at the Post Office wasn't bad. Good pay and decent work environment. It's not a job I could work for the rest of my life. Going "postal" is definitely an understatement.
Horrible place to work as a CCA !
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee), Vallejo, CAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: customers are nice
Cons: poor management, no benefits, no days off
People looking for work and see "Hiring for CCA's" do not be fooled ! Like everyone else I thought oh ok post office this will be a great job opportunity no not at all ! CCAs have NO benefits except accruing Annual Leave every paycheck. They will work you 7-30 days straight 9 -10 hour days(maybe more up to 12 hours) . Forget about a 8 hour day .The pay may be more than what other companies are offering but working for USPS it is not worth it I repeat not worth it . Management is horrible they are very disrespectful & do not care about anything but getting the MAIL out, which is very sad to me. Say bye bye to any type of personal life ,and remember that Annual Leave I mentioned yeah when you request time off its usually denied so its pointless. I would never recommend anyone work here ever ! However if you're single with no social life this job would be perfect for you. The only thing positive about this position is the customers who usually feel bad for you , because they know how over worked you are & the regular carriers (who make Almost $15 more) are helpful.
decent pay
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: working alone working in great weather
Cons: working in bad weather
you are just a number. very long hours. working in extreme weather conditions . very strenuous on your body. they don't care if your injured the mail still needs to be delivered
Alot of free education
Triangle Aids Network (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free conventions
Cons: non-profit, low salary
Met a lot of great people. Learned about disease processes and medication regimens along with up and coming front of the line medications to battle HIV and AIDS.

1 2 3 4 5