United States Postal Service

United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

Found 8,681 reviews matching the search
Enjoyable work; sketchy corporate culture
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAFebruary 20, 2017
If you work for USPS, they will steal wages from you. Plain and simple. Union is a joke. They routinely clock you out without telling you, while letting you finish your staggering workload for the day. There is little to no integrity within the management of this vast organization.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Postmaster was a scoundrel.
Productive and fun olace to work
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fountain Hills, AZFebruary 20, 2017
I only worked there for the holiday yet the pse clerk who trained me helped me learn so much about the job, I wished I could worked there longer because making customers happy by getting them their mail on time is satisfying to me
Not a fun place to work, it is a stressful place"
Mail Handler Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAFebruary 19, 2017
This company needs an overhaul, do not treat employees right and especially casual employees, treat them disrespectful like there not there and they do most of the work, and casuals do not know how long they have to work, they will get rid of you when you do not know and you can be a hard worker, no respect'
Pros
No free Lunches
Cons
15 min breaks
Stable work enviorment
All Aspects of a "Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 19, 2017
I encourage any young adult to take advantage of the post office as a career. Its a great stability. If your looking to plan for the future , Its a solid job to do so with.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Short hours as a MHA, Limited Benefits
Good job, just not the best environment
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 19, 2017
It was a good job considering the hours and pay, but the way things run could've been a lot better. The managers were people that probably shouldn't have been in that position.
closed in private enviornment
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXFebruary 19, 2017
it was a over all good job! got two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break. you have to be very active to be able to keep up with the pace of the mail
A good and stable place to work
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 19, 2017
USPS is a great place to work. There are good benefits. Good support from supervisors and managers. Co-workers are helpful and is a good workplace culture. You must flexible.
exciting work place
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Employees are very helpful and extremely push team work. Everyday is different especially the work load. Very diverse and positive atmosphere
I enjoyed the Postal service
RCA (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, OHFebruary 19, 2017
I had a great time working for the Postal Service. I had to leave due to a medical issues. Hardest part of the job is Christmas time due to the large amount of packages.
Great Pay, No time with my son
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  North Plains, ORFebruary 19, 2017
I loved working here, I worked in a very rural area and some times felt unsafe driving up most hills and didn't know how people would react to me looking inside there mail boxes. My boss at the time was just there temporarily until they hired some one else and he was kind if a jerk, well he could be nice at times but when it came to an angry customer he would take it out on me. I felt like he treated me worse than he treated the other "gal" on route 2, there is only two routes.
I loved getting paid that was the best but the job was not so bad all in all, I just had no time for my son and being a single mother I chose my son over the good money you get paid here.
Pros
Nice views, money
Cons
Stress, No breaks and unfair treatment
Very long hours for new people with only 1 day off
Mail Handler Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2017
Great place to work if you have plans on taking care of your finances and maybe fixing up your house or a remodel. Very long hours and all the over time you can stand if not more. Nothing else to say at this time because i have been there for almost 9 months with only 1 day off which is not enough time for the body to refresh itself since you are doing between 9 and 12 hours every day even after Christmas. Plant life is not for me.
Pros
The money is great but you definitely earn it.
Cons
long hours, no real time off, 30 minute lunch.
Very busy
Flat Sorter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2017
Workers were always busy moving mail to it's proper place. Amazing to see mail everywhere but it would always get delivered to the right places. Enjoyed the competitiveness of my coworkers on the machines I worked on. We would see who would key the most mail at the end of the day. That's how we kept our numbers up.
Biased environment
Casual Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAFebruary 18, 2017
Work is hard at first, but became used to it. On feet for 12 hours, 6 days a week.
They hired a female who was also a stripper, she would do her stripper dances and twerking on the production floor. She started going out with a mule driver, they would be tongue kissing and feeling all over each other, it was extremely inappropriate for a workplace. The supervisor, who used to be an MDO, was made aware, but evidently did not care because he then made the mule driver an "acting supervisor"

There are some good "regulars" there..which made it nice..
You have to brown nose, the supervisors, who are always on the lookout for fresh new casuals to date...
Pros
Money, because of the overtime.
Cons
Unprofessional leadership
Do not recommend
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesex County, NJFebruary 18, 2017
Co-workers were lazy and rude. Careless and disrespectful to each other and management. Online application very challenging. I was hoping for a career but quickly changed my mind based on my short time there.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Nasty childish and unprofessional environment
Productive and character building environment
Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Livonia, NYFebruary 18, 2017
A Postal job is for those who are up for a challenge. It is a fast paced, physically and mentally demanding. It requires an eye for details, organization and strong memory recollection. In the ten years I have been at the Post Office, it has grown me as a person to strive for excellence in service of others.
The most rewarding aspect of the job is interacting with customers and working together with co-workers to get the job done. It has been the most challenging , yet the most formative employment I have had to date.
Pros
Great pay, good work schedule, enjoyable customer interaction
Cons
Demanding physically, mentally and little time for breaks.
i hated it
UPS (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 17, 2017
the time sucked and the management did as well.
we'd come in around nine an wont get a break till about 4 am... and the break wasn't even enough time, it was 30 minutes
Hostile work environment
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buena Vista, VAFebruary 17, 2017
I came into this job extremely proud and excited to be working for the United States Postal Service. However, after a few short weeks of constantly being reminded that I was expendable and apparently expected to know each route in town, I was ready to throw in the towel. I never imagined working for the postal service would be such a demeaning experience. Also, forget having time to eat and use the bathroom.
Pros
Helpful coworkers
Cons
Poor management, micromanagement, Inadequate rest periods, unreasonable expectations for given timeframes
Busy and easy work.
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 17, 2017
I'm always busy. Learn great skills. Good management. Good working condition. I always have heavier thing. Long break. Easy going. I get along with co-workers well. Night shift is the hardest. Easy job. Long lunch break.
Pros
Long break and some times free lunch
Cons
Strict rules.
Local tractor trailer operator
USPS TRACTOR TRAILER OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 17, 2017
Federal government job.. Good pay and federal benefits.. No weekends off... Great management who were truck drivers in the past... Lots of politics though.. Union shop.. Starting pay is 21.11 With raises every 6 months to top out pay at 28.00 Hr..
Pros
Great team to work with...Excellent Benefits
Cons
No Weekends off and very heavy freight on wheels..Rush Dispatch and time limits...
Usps
Supply Management Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 17, 2017
The United States Postal Service is a great place to work. It concentrates on a great work life balance as well as training to ensure that they get the most out of their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

United States Postal Service Reviews by Location