United States Postal Service
4,531 reviews

United States Postal Service United States Employee Reviews

Part time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rives, TNApril 18, 2015
No full time hours or benefits.

If you just need a part time job then this would work for you.

I had no problems with the job.

I needed full time work so I left for that reason.
Not bad.
City Carrier Associate (CCA) (Current Employee), Columbus, OhioApril 18, 2015
Pros: 30 minute lunch break
Cons: can last until 8 p.m. from the morning
A typical work day consists of casing your mail, and delivering the mail for the day. The station manager is the most helpful form of management, the supervisors, not so much.
Work was fun and productive
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAApril 18, 2015
I learned a lot from this company and working with others to help get the job done was good. The company itself was very productive. I wish it didn't get shut down
Sad it waas only temp
PSE Clerk (Former Employee), Manchester, NHApril 18, 2015
Day started at 12pm and worked till 9 pm.Put mail into machine and took it out of machine. The Machine sorted the mail for us.
Excellent company to work for with great opportunities for advacement
Multiple Positions (Former Employee), Reno, NVApril 18, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, great opportunities to grow
Cons: At times very long days, and unhappy customers, but ultimately very rewarding, especially satisfying employee.and customer needs.
I began my postal career as a clerk in 1982 and went on to become a Processing and Distribution Supervisor in the late 80's. I went on to become the Manager of Distribution Operations Tour 3 at the Reno Main Plant. I then decided I wanted to become a Postmaster so I requested a job with customer service/delivery. In no time I was managing offices in the Reno area. I went on to become the Postmaster of Incline Village/Crystal Bay Post office. It was a very rewarding career with many benefits. After thirty years of employment with the Postal Service I retired in 2012. Now I find myself wanting to work and enter back into another rewarding occupation.
fun people to be around in and out of the office. enjoy being outdoors and helping people
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee), Ogden, UTApril 17, 2015
Pros: benefits, staying active, and the people
Cons: time management amount of work expected in a certain amount of time, one day off a week/hard to request any days off even weeks in advance.
The people I share the office with are great. A lot of good energy and fun people to be around. The management there is a little overwhelming, coming up with times and numbers that aren't very realistic and expect things to be done that cant in the amount of time they give you. The hardest part of the job would have to be management, although the job itself is physically demanding, the supervisors can be over your shoulder at times and it can get a little stressful. The part I like the most about the job is the people I work with and the customers I deliver to. They all appreciate the hard work you put into the job, and being outside is a nice perk as well.
Fast pace workplace, but make sure your prepared
Casual Mail Handler (Former Employee), philadelphia, PAApril 17, 2015
A typical day at work would be to come in get place at a certain station sorting all kids of mail in more ways than one. I learned that you not only have to physically prepare yourself for this job, but mentally as well because there is so much mail it is possible to become overwhelmed and exhausted. My co-workers were okay as far as work relations go. some would work their buts off and do what they had to do, and then there were the ones that played around and didn't really do much if the supervisor wasn't around. they would be sitting down and talking on their phones. The job overall was pretty much easy except the fact that you might find yourself with a box the size of a harry potter book, but heavy as a baby elephant. the most enjoyable part of the job was definitely working with certain supervisors who just made the job more exciting.
Room for Advancement
Mail Handler (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 17, 2015
The easiest part was doing whatever duties that were assigned. The goal was to work together to get the mail to it's final destination, both near and far.
Possible Career
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee), Jennings, MOApril 17, 2015
It can be a great place to work beside working through the elements of the weather.The weather can be very hard to work through sometimes. The job itself gets better with time. The more you learn the better your will benefit from it.
New Postal system
Mail Carrier (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLApril 17, 2015
The USPS has changed and provided for my family, Its time for a new direction for me. The job is easy but and no real stress. Compensation doesn't match the work load.
Physically Demanding
Rural Mail Carrier (Current Employee), Henderson, NVApril 16, 2015
Pros: working out side just you and mother nature
Cons: hugh amounts of mail on Mondays sales apers on Tuesday and Thursday
Sort and case mail by street name and numbers, than pull down to prepare for on street delivery. There are a lot of time constrains for express mail, certified mail, and signature required were you have to go to the door
Interesting place to work
City Carrier Assistant (CCA) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2015
I take my hat off to the Carriers of the Postal Service. They work HARD. Sorting the mail, to rememorizing, and delivering the mail...now that's hard work.
I was very dedicated to my job and enjoyed the daily interaction with customers
Postmaster (Former Employee), Glenham, SDApril 16, 2015
Pros: interacting with customers was great, benefits were excellent
Cons: I did not always have someone to take over responsibiliy of office so I could have time off
The daily routine of this job was much the same each day, put up the flag, make sure the office lobby was clean and presentable to customers process both incoming and outgoing mail, serve customers needs
nice place to work
Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2015
Great place to work, chances for advancement are pretty slim, co workers are on the same page working together achieve the common goals of the company.
Production, Ten-key
Mail Processor (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 16, 2015
Process and prepared packages for shipping. Sorted, transported mail to different section of the warehouse depending on the type of shipping chosen.
Fast paced, lots of people my age, fun place to work
Clerk/Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 16, 2015
Pros: made friends, good benefits and salary
Cons: fast paced and very loud near the machinery
Working for the US Postal Service was a good place to work with great wages and benefits. I made many friends and learned many things. I was able to work in different parts of the postal service, including secretarial and finance. I managed to pick up all the aspects of the postal service, and was able to help out many customers, as well as fellow co-workers, with anything they needed.
Good Company
Mail Carrier/ Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 16, 2015
Learning something new was a great, having to deal with different types of weather was something new. The mangers were very helpful with teaching all the material.
RCA
Rural Carrier Associate (Mailman) (Former Employee), Oakland, NEApril 15, 2015
If you are willing to work, there is usually work available. I enjoyed my time here and is enjoyable to be able to be outside when it is warm outside. Not as fun in the winter. Management at the top will frustrate you as they seem to put in unnecessary rules, but management at the local level is fun and good to work for. I would recommend to anyone who wants flexibility mixed with a fun, decent-paying job.
It was a neat place to work at from my early days in Miami, Puerto Rico to Orlando. It offered me job security with good benefits.
Clerk (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good health benefits, 401k
Cons: The breakroom was too far from the work area.
During my 21 years @ the Post Office I did many different jobs. I learned about all stages of mail processing, from pickup to processing to delivery. I was always assigned to a supervisor and a shift manager from which I received my assignments. Many times I would make decisions when I supervisor was in a meeting and could
not be reached. I knew which mail needed to be processed first because they were bigger zones, ex. cities of Clermont & Leesburg.
If these zones did not meet dispatch deadlines, the Post Office would
be fined.
At the Post Office you are always working with co-workers. It takes a team effort to work there, and I have always been a team player. The hardest part of working there was the schedule (10:30 PM - 06:00 AM). I really enjoyed working there all those years because the job was always diverse and throughout the years I had
developed a good friendship with my fellow co-walkers and supervisors.
loved it.
Data Conversion Operator (Former Employee), Redlands, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: data entry
Cons: no overtime
very repetitive and if you have carpul tunnel, forget about it. but overall a great place to work, I would love to make a permanent career at usps

1 2 3 4 5