United States Postal Service
3,539 reviews

United States Postal Service Employer Reviews

productive fun work environment
Mail Carrier (Current Employee), Florence, KYAugust 20, 2014
Pros: lots of work everyday, fun environment, great benefits
Cons: lots of work everyday
Each day is a new adventure. Never dull or boring. Great benefits. Vacation and sick days.
Challenging type of work, demanding, alot of walking but I enjoy it.
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee), Passaic NJAugust 20, 2014
Pros: meet alot of people, see alot of different parts of town
Cons: alot of walking, heavy lifting.
A typical day is sorting mail for the route by house address and street. Sorting large and small parcels for daily delivery as well. Checking the safety of the truck, making sure all the mail and parcels are safely stowed in the truck for the travel to the route.

Hardest part of the job is walking, 90% of the time you are walking up and down steps – more... and from house to house. Best part of the job is being OUTSIDE. love the outdoors. – less
Harder work that what it looks like
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Paterson, NJAugust 20, 2014
Pros: pension
Cons: getting to the age to receive it without traumatic injury happening to you.
Sorting and setting up letters, small & large parcels, certified/registered/Express mail, forwarded customers and unknown customers or addresses for delivery to residences and business establishments along specified routes. This was done by walking and /or driving using satchels, carts and Postal vehicles (Jeeps, vans, ¾ ton, ½ ton trucks). There is – more... no route equality. All routes have from 200-650 stops and management expects them all to be done by 4pm regardless of mail volume- a difficult and dangerous demand especially to those who routes were extremely long, as mine was (621 stops). I had great co-workers who I laughed and cried with who are friends of mine to this day. The hardest part of the job was to have to deal with management consistently refuting you when you explained to them with letter volume, route length and consistent late times that you would not and could not be back on time unless you were given help. The most enjoyable part was dealing with the wonderful people on my route who became like family to me. They appreciated my work ethic and efforts. – less
productive
Mail Handler (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 20, 2014
Pros: potlucks
Cons: no health care for temporary
Great co-workers, very friendly atmosphere
been on your feet
Great place to work for.
Clerk (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no cell phone
Lively environment. Fun outgoing people. Uplifting spirits all around the building. Nothing but humble, determined souls.
I love working with people. Friendly, dependable.
City Career (Former Employee), North Port, FLAugust 20, 2014
Casing mail, delivery of mail, packages, registered, stamps, supplies, customer relations. New experiences. Management very friendly easy to work with also coworkers. Heat was the hardest part of job. My customers friendly and fun.
health care
Carrier (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 19, 2014
If you are looking for some place to have the best service for either your grandma or any family member, this is the place to get the best service
Mortage Loan Officer
CASUAL CLERK- Mail Room (Former Employee), Canton, OHAugust 19, 2014
Pros: learning mortgage industry
Cons: commission based and not a steady income.
monitor daily interest rates, create fliers to try to gain a customer base, setup and work out details of home mortgage loans, meet techs clients to discuss details of home mortgage loans, and submit documents to underwriting department.
Fun, fast paced, physically demanding
Truck Unloader (Former Employee), New JerseyAugust 19, 2014
I enjoyed the short time I worked for the USPS distribution center. Off-loading trucks was a way of stress relief, it was tiring and physically exhausting but was good for the mind. Low stress environment except for when things got busy but even that wasn't much.
The Good days
Mail Carrier (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: pay, responsibility, working outside, coworks
Cons: workload, costly benefits, snowyrain days
Enjoyed working with a group dedicated of people. I really like working at the post office and I will miss the crazy funny conversation we would have .
The hardest part of the job lock of concern or empathy at some station from management for carrier during the work seasons.
Nice place to work
Word Processing Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 19, 2014
Nice place to work. Management is wonderful. Room for growth
Vary harsh environment. Not very much fun.
City letter carrier (Former Employee), Henderson, NVAugust 19, 2014
Very Harsh Working environment. No recognition for providing good service, only for lack of service by management overall. I learned to be self proficient in all my duties, that my fellow co-workers could be trusted to do their jobs.

The enjoyable part of this job was customer interaction while performing my duties on the street.
Nice work enviroment
Data Conversion Operator (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 19, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: job security
Key in Mail images. Learned how mail was processed. Management an was top notch an helped in any way possible. Best part of job was friendly environment.
45+ hours
Mail Handler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: management sucks
The postal office is pretty simple.
Lots of over time
55hours/weekly
No time wit family
Great pay
I was very busy all day so the day went by fast.
Rural Carrier/Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Oakley, CAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: my day went by so fast because i was so busy.
Cons: it was only seasonal work.
Retrieved the mail from the trucks and sorted and cased mail and parcels. Separated the certified mail accordingly and then loaded up my truck and delivered mail.
Productivity
Customer Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIAugust 18, 2014
Pros: extended lunch periods for emergencies
Cons: short breaks and long hours everyday
At the Postal Service is all about customer service, productivity, and cost saving. A typical day is getting to work on time and keeping up with the required productivity.
Work every Saturday
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Current Employee), Madison, ALAugust 18, 2014
Pros: high pay per hour
Cons: only 1 guaranteed work day (which is saturday), no benefits, on call everyday until 10:00 am.
If you enjoy being on call until 10:00 am everyday and like working every Saturday and now some Sundays, then go for it. If you need pay stability, then it might not be for you! It takes 5-6 years or more to be a regular full-time carrier.
Productive and fast paced work environment.
Manual Distribution Clerk (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 18, 2014
Actually quite an interesting place to be employed. Sometimes long hours but many great co-workers and fast paced work to make the time fly by. I was able to see first hand the intricate processes necessary to distribute mail and parcels.
A nice place to work.
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Allentown, PAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good money, outside work
Cons: bad weather, no time for family
I really liked my job even in the bad weather. If it wasn't for the fact of an injury I received that had a direct impack on my job I would prefer to still be there.
Excellent place to work
Data Conversion Operator (Former Employee), Cohoes, NYAugust 17, 2014
Pros: free stamps
Cons: short break every hour
A typical day at work involved data entry.

I learned how to read coded information.

I got along well with management and my co-workers.

The hardest part of my job was having to leave when the company down-sized.

The most enjoyable part of my job was having a great deal to do.

1 2 3 4 5

About United States Postal Service

The United States Postal Service (USPS) handles cards, letters, and packages sent from sea to shining sea. The USPS delivered some – Read more

United States Postal Service Photos