United States Postal Service Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,515 reviews matching the search
Worst job ever
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2016
I was a PSE mail processing clerk. We worked 6 days a week, anywhere from 4 to 12 hours a day. Yes you make a good bit of money but you deal with alot of mess. The "union" isn't helpful at all. Most stewards work with management. Too many incompetent people in leadership that have no clue as to how to lead effectively. I was written up for being out with the flu. I got sick at work because the people who were sick with it didn't stay home. If you want to make money but be treated badly, this is the perfect place to work.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Very productive and a very fun workplace.
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJuly 25, 2016
On a typical work day I would start at 7am-330pm or later depending on the mail. I learned that some days will be better than other days. Management was great, understanding and very easy to work with. Some co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the weather. The most enjoyable part of the job was the job overall.
Pros
Great job; Very Good enviornment to work in.
Cons
Some workers were very rude and hostile.
great warehouse feeling
P.S.E Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJuly 25, 2016
ill come in and get straight to sorting mail in to certain containers, unload and load trucks with mail that's coming in or leaving
Overall provides workplace advancement opportunitie
Lead Manager, Distribution Operations (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2016
a typical workday consist of assigned tasks which adequate resources are provided most of the time. My position allowed me to develop and improve upon employee engagement. Most of the employees took pride in their jobs and wanted to do a good job. The hardest part of a workday is dealing with non-scheduled absences and still achieving set targets. The most enjoyable is consistently meeting or exceeding your targets/goals.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, benefits
Cons
provides limited quality of life
Stay Away if your looking for a career
City Courier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJJuly 25, 2016
No life balance and usually per diem. You find out if your coming to work about an hour or so before you have to come in. The Job itself and delivering was not bad, but the management is horrible and if you ever disagree you will be let go especially if they want to send you 50 miles away from the post office you are stationed in. If you have kids and a family try to find a different work place. Place is run like a zoo.
Pros
not many
Cons
Management, find out when you have to work an hour before you come in, and sent to different office out of county.
Easy Going
Data Conversion Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 25, 2016
I love the work environment and that I can put my headphones in and before I know it my shift is over! It's a very diversified work environment, the management is excellent and I don't see myself leaving anytime soon.
Pros
Breaks every hour
Cons
slow months
Solid reliable
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2016
No micromanagement

work outside

Management doesn't necessarily develop the employees, they just tell you to go faster

overwhelming workload
too stressfull
city leter mail carrier (Former Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLJuly 25, 2016
follow supervisor/ manager instrutions

prepar the route, deliver the mail walking door to door

no much respect for employee,

abusive managers and supervisors

wonderfull customers

work in sun and rain, more than 11 hours dayly
Pros
good benefits
Great pay, great benefits, lack of supervision
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 24, 2016
Moved after 16 1/2 years because my children (now 10 and 12) go to hillsboro. I grew up in between hillsboro and lafarge.
Productive and fun workplace
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palmetto, FLJuly 23, 2016
A typical day at work consist of me delivering mail to all citizens. I have learned that in this professional like any other you have to be a people person. In the past, I served in a management capacity over-seeing 6 to 70 employees from time to time. By the grave of God, I have always had the opportunity to work with a very diverse group of individuals and that makes for a great team. The hardest part of any job is getting to know those that you are working with and making it a successful work partnership. The most enjoyable part of the job had been learning new things and continuing to always better myself with every changing day.
Work Tarsk
Postal Support Employee (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VAJuly 23, 2016
Follow established delivery routes, responsible for the safe and efficient delivery and collection for the US mail and maintain a good work environment.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long days of work
Government Enviornment
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 23, 2016
The Postal Service is it's own entity. A typical work day is eight hours of customer service, research and a high demand of productivity.
post office
Postal Carrier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2016
Depending on your manager your job can be easy, and then it can also be hard as well. Coworkers are coworkers, there's some that will help you and then there's the ones that wont. At the end of the day it all depends on the person and if they allow anything to influence the path that their day goes. But what you truly enjoy the most is the people you meet, it's almost as if you're excited to see them everyday.
Productive workplace with great people
MAIL PROCESSING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 22, 2016
I loved my coworkers. Tough adjustment with working the graveyard shift. Instilled a hard work ethic in me. Great benefits with a fantastic chance of advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Graveyard shift
Great place to work!
LETTER CARRIER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2016
A letter carrier with the usps is a very challenging and rewarding career. Everything from sorting and organizing mail, delivering mail accurately(in a timely manner) in all weather conditions!
Postal Service jobs high paying, but can be stressful
Window Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSJuly 21, 2016
I worked for the Postal Service for over 24 years. I held various clerical positions during my time there. Most of it (15 years +) as a Window Clerk. I very much enjoyed the Window. I enjoyed working with the customer. I had many customer that I became good friends with, and I miss them. Of coarse with any job there is some stress and in my case Christmas and Income Tax day were stressful but very rewarding monetarily. I had one of the best supervisors on the window for 10+ years, then she got a promotion to a Postmaster position and the person that replaced her was by far the worst supervisor I have worked for. I was a Retail Coach for the last 3 years on the window, I trained new window clerks. The pay and the benefits were awesome back then, but I don't know what they are like today.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, People, Customers.
Cons
Poor Management, the Union and Union members were lazy looking for excuses to get out of work
Full day of work
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 21, 2016
Clocked in and heard passdown from previous tour. Received work schedule and proceeded to machines. Would then do daily, weekly, or monthly items on schedule.After completing that would assist with any brokedown equuipment.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
losing some benifits
The work environment was friendly and the other employees were always willing to help
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Reading, MIJuly 21, 2016
My experience working for the USPS was good. Showed me that delivering mail isn't as easy asi had thought. The time you take to case your mail, organize your packages and get your certified steady can be a chore. With the delivering in all types of weather, you need to make sure you are prepared for whatever Mother Nature brings to you. All in all I did enjoy what I did and the people I worked with
Made Good Money and lots of overtime.
Window Service (Former Employee) –  Avenel, NJJuly 21, 2016
The Post Office was good to work for. I performed good customer service at the window. Helped senior citizens write out their money orders. Weighed packages for domestic and foreign shipments. We had very strict rules, we also had dress codes and it was a great experience.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Very Strict Management
Personnel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boyers, PAJuly 21, 2016
Great place for my career toward retirement. Job assignments kept me busy and I enjoyed helping customers and employees with needed information. Because of this the time past with sometimes not enough time in the day to complete work
Pros
Awards and emplooyee recognition
Cons
Minimal

United States Postal Service Reviews by Location