United States Postal Service

5.1K reviews

United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

The Employees are of not Concern to Management
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westchester County NYAugust 31, 2015
I started to work for the USPS at first I was excited and willing but then I ran personally on some huddles concerning my health and since then is been an uphill battle specially with management. Although compensation and benefits might be good you have to earn your keep by becoming what they called a career employee and then you enjoy their benefits. However if is health related don't hold your breath specially if you are starting with them. Apply at your own risk.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
No break-time
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 31, 2015
Busy and busy all the time. Work hard without resting. Everyone is busy and 10 minutes break after 2 hours standing. Really appreciate the supervisors who always gave us over time.
For you or not?
PSE Clerk (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAAugust 31, 2015
Very laid back environment with a close knit team. At times seeming impenetrable. Consistency is key in becoming one of the team.
Pros
Efficient breaks, break areas and schedule structures
Cons
Vulnerability as a non-career PSE employee
USPS JOB
Letter carrier (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 30, 2015
I LOVED MY JOB OF COURSE BUT MANAGEMENT CHANGED SO MUCH AND NO ONE NEW THE JOB BETTER THAN THEE CARRIERS WOULD IMAGINE YOU READ HOW BAD THE POST OFFICE IS TRUST ME IT IS .. BUT I LOVED HELPING PEOPLE WITH THERE MAIL
Pros
NOT SO MUCH GREAT PAY AND BENEFITS HAD A FAMILY NEEDED THAT
Cons
EXPLAINED ABOVE
not the best place to work
Mail Clerk/ Processor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 30, 2015
the harder you work, the less your hard work is noticed. lazy people will always get props, while if you're a hard worker and happen to have a bad day management comes down super hard on you.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
poor work environment
Fast paced job
Rural Carrier Associate, RCA (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLAugust 29, 2015
Fast paced job that is about Numbers along side the red-tape and politics. Co workers always willing to help when needed
Pros
Pay, Good People, work unsupervised
Cons
Long Days and unpredictable schedule
Stable work environment
Auto Body Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 29, 2015
I get the satisfaction of doing a job well.
It is important to work at your personal best at all times.
The work pace is steady, and if you are a team player, you should do well.
Pros
Stability, solid job
Cons
Monotonous at times
THe Post Office
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCAugust 28, 2015
Good place to work, but stress is the biggest cause of burnout. The people you work with , can either make you or break you as the old adage goes, so you have to find just the right ingredients and learn that everyone is not the same just like no cake taste the same.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Stressful
Okay Place to work
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 28, 2015
Management is not good, they treat you unfairly
over work you
pay is ok
pretty easy to get employed
training is thorough
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Pros
ok pay
Cons
over worked, management sucks
Sometimes a fun place to work.
Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 28, 2015
I have not been there long enough to give a more thorough review. It can yake a year to get through the probation period and up to 8 years to get a permanent position.
Pros
Possibly, eventually great benefits.
Cons
Takes too long to reap the benefits. Definately want to start out at a young age.
The worst place I have ever worked.
Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2015
The work environment is terrible. The post office is full of nepotism. Most of the people there are nasty and act as if they are institutionalized. The work is physically demanding. If you go in working hard the supervisors will work the you like a horse while the union protects the lazy workers. People come to work drunk, supervisors and managers act as if they don't see this. Company politics is huge and advancement really depends on who you know and what you are willing to do for the position. The hardest part of my day is going to work and the most enjoyable part is going home.
Pros
Once you are hired permanently you have a lifetime job.
Cons
Everything else
It was a job with an excellent salary
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 27, 2015
I enjoyed my co-workers. They were inviting and willing to teach and help whenever I needed it. I enjoyed working independently outdoors delivering the mail. I was awarded the opportunity of providing a valuable service to our customers and meet new people daily. I learned the inner workings of the postal service and the importance of each role from the post master general to the janitor.
Pros
Excercise without the cost of a gym membership
Cons
some of the mgmt staff was only in the busy of money and not people
postal service
mail carrier (Former Employee) –  california san leandroAugust 27, 2015
the postal service of united state is a very known company thats been in history for a very long time time but one thing people dont known is how it works. ive worked for the post office for about 3 years and i didnt like it.because of a very strict union policies the people with more siniorty wil get less work and unfortunately for us we get to scrub off the botton of the floor working 7 days 10 to 12 hours shift and dont get pauid as much as the regulars. see the thing is i love being a hard work but seeing other being treated diffferent from us is the only thing that bothers me. the job is very easy but the management makes is hard for the new employee.
Pros
alots of over time
Cons
we dont get treated the same as others.
I loved It There
Casual Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 27, 2015
I loved it here I truly did everything was amazing the hours, the breaks, The employees and the Management everything was top notch I would have loved to go and work there again if given the opportunity
Pros
Awesome Comapny
Cons
No Complaints
Don't work here if you have a life
Postal Support Employee - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 27, 2015
Seriously this is the worst job ever!! Management DOES NOT care about you. You will be treated like a piece of s#&t. Work 6 days a week you only have a start time you never know what time your going home-overtime sounds great but when your doing it every single day it's just too much. There are no benefits until you become a regular employee and that can take up to 5 years!!! If your young and have no life then go for it otherwise take my advice and find another job.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
A Day As A Carrier
Assistant Carrier (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 26, 2015
Being a carrier is okay but it isn't for me. I feel like a robot that doesn't think just moves and does as it is told. You work in every type of weather, wether it is raining or the sun is melting you away. You do not have a set day off as an assistant carrier. You are told the day before or the day of if you have it off. And you only get one day off, if that. Depending on volume and help. You have to be aware of your surroundings at all times. I have only worked a few months and I already have been bit by a dog and called a racial slur. You have to have very thick skin to be a carrier.
Pros
Job stability and health care.
Cons
All you do is work, and barely have time for anything else.
good customer relations
RURAL CARRIER ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Irmo, SCAugust 26, 2015
good customer relationship, new learning experience daily, good team work and relationships, easy and comfortable relations
Pros
need more beneits
Cons
good team work
poor work place great money
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 26, 2015
poor work place no good benefits unless you a regular poor management. its bad for your health to work there it is very dirty an dusty some times hard to breath unless your used to it
Pros
moeny
Cons
bad management
Very good place to work. I would of worked there longer but my position was moved to Louisville.
Supervisor PSDS (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 26, 2015
Checked on all the timekeeping errors and made sure they were corrected in a timely manner. Worked with new supervisor to get them familiar with the reports and what to look for.
Unsatisfying
CCA (Former Employee) –  Lagrange ILAugust 26, 2015
Didn't like the job very unorganized, no structure etc.Lack of leadership, communication. The ability to work in an environment that has no straight function lack of care for employees well being.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Lack of communication, unorganized, no leadership