United States Postal Service
4,209 reviews

United States Postal Service Employer Reviews

Productive, Responsability, Safety, Inventory
Clerk (Former Employee), Plasent Hill CAJanuary 30, 2015
I learned customer service. work with different ethic background. Used my Spanish skill in sales. I enjoyed working with the customers, co-workers, managers.
Laid Back but Demanding job.
Mail Clerk/Mail Handler (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJanuary 30, 2015
Long periods of standing for this particular position but is very laid back. Co workers are very friendly and helpful every shift. Management is attentive and supportive.
Exciting and fast-paced. Everyday is different.
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: limited supervision.
Cons: sometimes management was unclear in giving me information on the route they wanted me to deliver to.
In the short time I worked for the United States Postal Service before I had to resign due to an injury, I enjoyed the duties I performed. Since I was an assistant to the regular City Carriers every day was different. Great scenery.
This job readily advance you inother ares so the employee can get all the different types of emperience to move forth in this compay
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: job advancement, meeting people, learning different aspects of the company, so much room for advancement
Cons: long hours, a 24 hour facility so it's always open, working on holidays and every weekend
The Postal Service I learned so many different skills in one job, I advance from working as a sorter in the plant to becoming a Human Resource Assistant, As I stated there are so many different types of jobs in the Postal Service so if you are eager to learn and want to advance I would proudly recommend this job, The Casual position is the breakthrough entry level position.
No interference in Project Management
Manager of Facilities (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: end of year bonus
Cons: leave
Allowed to grow...work toward a goals, with a minimum amount of racism; however, it existed. Whites first in ;line for upward movability.
Mail Carrier (Former Employee), Grandview, WAJanuary 29, 2015
 Sort, pack and deliver mail.
 Managing one's own time effectively to get the job done.
 Using logic and reasoning to identify the alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
 Dealing directly with the public and customer service.
long hours no days off and management is horrible
cca (Current Employee), port Arthur, txJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: money ( which is ok not great)
Cons: no days off no respect
Work is steady. If you work here don't expect to have a life. Management doesn't care about things that can happen in your life. Stay on your toes while working here
Productive and Busy work place
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, NYJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day at work would be going out to deliver mail to a designated area for a certain amount of hours. Then I would return to the office to dispatch the mail to be loaded on the truck for delivery the next day. Management can be improved and my co-workers are hardworking and helpful. The hardest part of the job is delivering the mail and the most enjoyable part of the job will also be delivering the mail.
Great Company
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 28, 2015
The Postal Service is a great company I loved the experience. The pay was amazing and the managers were reasonable. Very friendly crowd.
Great Place
E-discovery Litigation Support Specialist (Current Employee), Merrifield, VAJanuary 28, 2015
It's a great company to work for, expecially if your are reentering the job market.
Deliver Mail.
Sub-Contractor Mail Carrier / Full-Time (Former Employee), Queen Creek, AZJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: work at own pace.
Cons: no benefits, work from personal vehicle, its contracted.
organize and deliver all mail and packages at post office for assigned route. deliver mail and packages all scheduled for delivery.
co-workers were all friendly and no complaints of management. hardest part of the job was Rainy Days.
Will discuss at interview
PMR (Current Employee), Whitt and Peaster, TexasJanuary 28, 2015
You are required to sort, process all incoming mail.

You are required to scan all packages, acceptance thru delivery.

Take care of the customers.

Make sure the mail is put up in a timely manner.
Reliable Place to work
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 28, 2015
The USPS is a good place to work. I manage a team of senior level sales executives.
A most interesting and stimulating place to work.
lead sales associate (Former Employee), Flushing, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: 5 weeks vacation per year, good health benefits, pension
Cons: traveling to work in all weather, ie. snowstorms
The Postal Service maintains an efficient workplace where mail processing can be performed at a top level. A typical day of work starts with the distribution of incoming mail to the various letter carriers and postal truck drivers. As the retail services window opened, I schedule the sales associates and designate them to their work stations. I kept a log of which stamps and products are needed for the associates to sell. I take the cash and bank card receipts from the window clerks at closing and prepare deposits to the bank. I've learned about delivery processing of various classes of mail and why things "happen" to pieces in the mail stream. While some of my managers have been demanding over the many years, the majority have been cooperative with me, as they see how efficient and independently I can work. My co-workers and I had a good relationship and worked well with me. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers. Sometimes you have to use psychology to satisfy them. The most enjoyable part of the job was going home knowing that I made a difference that day.
fun, exciting, Food
Postal Support Employee - Seasonal (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 27, 2015
great job to work for. Fun outgoing environment. the great ting about working for this company is that is was like one big happy family. they buy lunch every Saturday for everyone in the dealership and make sure everyone is fed well.
Nice Pay, Very unorganized environment, kaotic
PSE SSDA (WINDOW CLERK) (Former Employee), Orangeburg, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: unorganized, chaotic
Great pay for starting salaries but very unorganized and chaotic environment. Started as a PSE SSDA and just as I completed training they said the position was eliminated so they moved me from office to office until I spoke up when I couldn't afford the commute of the last office I was assigned and I asked them if they can send me anywhere nearer and in response the sent me a letter "effective december 1st you will be separated from the usps". They are very unorganized and many workers are just standing around getting away with being paid a federal salary without being able to be fired because they are union. I would not reccomend if you are seeking an organized successful job.
Unorganized
Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJanuary 27, 2015
Great benefits and stability however, management is very unorganized
fun day @ work
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Flushing, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: paid for lunch
Cons: early shift
united states postal is a wonderful experience for mei ,learned the zip codes of my cityprofetional supervisors,lovable co-workers,the hardest part of my job was to get up early shift 6am ,i enjoyed pulling carts.
The most successful career to have
PSE/Distribution Clerk (Current Employee), FloridaJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: school, training
Cons: not much down time
Amazing work environment. Meet people from around the world. Build your skills and knowledge about all aspects of the world. many opinons but yours does matter. Move up in the ranks without a problem. very competitive work environment that breaks you to build you back up. Survival skills in any situation.
Great experience
Holiday Pse (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2015
I had a chance to grow with this company over the years that i have worked here.I was giving the opportunity to work my way up to management and it taught me many leadership and business skills.The best part about the job was to be able to supervise new employees so that they can learn the skills as I did and maybe one day become manager.

1 2 3 4 5