United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

Found 9,882 reviews matching the search
I think this is a great place to work but it can get stressful aft times
Postal Service Employee (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLMay 28, 2017
Its a good place to work but i advise to stay away from the drama just go and do your job. Some of the supervisors can be really nasty and they do have their favorites
Rural Route Associate or other career positions
Rural Route Delivery Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 28, 2017
I tested and was hired as an RCA. The training is good and the management is focused on delivery of mail and parcels. Most of the people are career minded and friendly. They are all well trained. Because of the way the postal service operates, it might take longer to become full-time than some would desire. I think that causes them to lose qualified workers who are in the job market seeking full-time jobs. If you have the flexibility to work unpredictable hours for the first 1-5 years then go for it. Hard to beat the pay or benefits.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Unpredictable income until becoming full-time
good pay ,some days exceptionally easy, other days { after holiday & start of school year } very stressful and double sometimes triple the work ..
Rural Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 28, 2017
Altogether if your in good health,able to deal with all types of outdoor weather, have good memory, and can take stress every once in a while with a smile on your face its an excellent place to make a career out of .
Pros
being out of the office with just the mail half of the workday.
Cons
when it gets deep in the office listening to other carriers complaining .
Productive place for me to work.
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston College, MAMay 27, 2017
Even though i moved from job to job within the postal service, i founnd that the job i liked the most was my first day job consting of sorting flats. this required standing but i loved it.I was always very productive at all the different positions i held but i feel that i was exceptional at flat sorting.
Pros
My supervisors always knew they could count on me to do a good job.
Cons
I cant think of any cons. This job was ideal for me.
They were good with team work
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 27, 2017
Extremely stressful job with many different positions. It was just for a "Short Season of my life that I won't ever forget how straining and tiring not just physically but in my mind it was hard also. I will keep them in my ming for future jobs with different positions available that they have.
Pros
Free bbq's on Sundays
Cons
Time consuming and stressful with time crunch a labor intensive.
Job security and nice job delivering mail & packages
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 27, 2017
I liked the job very much delivering mail & packages walking in all kinds of weather. Meeting people and chatting with my customers. Did it for 30 years.
Pros
Being outdoors delivering mail
Cons
Very stressful
Good Job
Supervisor, Distribution Operations (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84199May 27, 2017
The USPS was a good job. At the time, it was a very secure. The pay and benefits package was terrific, no one could beat it. If you like to work long hours, doing the same thing everyday, this job is perfect.
Stressful
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 27, 2017
The managers are horrible and very unprofessional. I feel like they all need to go to training to learn how to be a proper supervisor because they have no clue
Hard work
CEP Casual (Former Employee) –  433 w HarrisonMay 27, 2017
The job wasn't what i expected it to be it was like working in a factory basically and I had to lift large items and push and pull things and I have a disability that made me choose my health over working,
Pros
good pay
Cons
work to hard
Best place to work....great co-workers and staff
Distribution Clerk/Relief Expeditor Tour lll (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 27, 2017
Fast pace work environment...need to be in tune when the departure times for dispatch of outgoing USPS Mail for Mailhandlers ..onto to the loading docks...Everyone worked well together...
Pros
Employees truly cared about you and your progress etc..
Cons
Mandatory overtime 2 or 4 hours
I good place to work
Distribution, Window, and Central Forwarding Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 27, 2017
Worked there for 29 years before retiring. Enjoyed the work and camaraderie with co-workers. Good benefits with paid holidays and sick leave. Advancement is there if you desire it. Also help was available from the Union if needed concerning any discrepancies with management.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
bad management
Great Job
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 26, 2017
Great job
A lot of hours
great benefits
attention to detail critical
Management is helpful when they want to be
workday is very independent
ability to work alone is critical
Great Money, OK Job
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 26, 2017
The post office was a great place to work. It didn't work out for me because I'm a single mom and it requires a lot of time. They give you more than enough hours. At times it was unorganized and all over the place but you have to have tough skin.
Post Office
CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 26, 2017
It's a very nice job to work at. Just be prepare to walk a lot if you are a CCA. The mangers was not everything, but it was an okay job. I would work here again.
Productive but not fun
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 26, 2017
Not a very fun environment some of the people are welcoming but overall it isn't a very welcoming place. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking for a fun environment the work is extremely boring.
No ccare for its employees
Rural Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 26, 2017
never going back. Its all about how the managers an make you make them look better so they an move up the ladder. and tthe hours were ridiculous i spent most of my ttime at work than at my own house.
Pros
got to be outside
Cons
never home
mail carrier
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 26, 2017
Wonderful Job. Pays good. my supervisor was amazing, unfortunately i couldn't handle being under a time limit while delivering the mail........................
Rca
Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Martin, GAMay 26, 2017
It is a very fast paced job with deadlines. Everything has to be in a very organized way or it hinders your work performance. It pays well but it requires your 100% focus. The hardest part of the job is when the mail truck arrives late and the mail carriers have to hurry to get things in order before they deliver the mail.
was a job
Postal Carrier (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 26, 2017
Worked there for almost 20yrs, was forced out due to personal illness in our family, my wife was in the hospital. Sorry my family came first in life. But overall it was a good job.
Excellent part time with advancement opportunity
Rural Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pinconning, MIMay 26, 2017
The USPS is a great place to work. As they are union positions, you must be willing to stick it out part time before getting a full time spot. It could take years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval