United States Postal Service Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,381 reviews matching the search
My Best Job Ever
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILJune 29, 2016
The Postal service allowed me to learn about so many cultures and ethics groups. also this job was such a great challenge.
great co workers
Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 29, 2016
great co workers. Only stick with this job if you can become a career employee within a good amount of time. Some days are hot, some days are cold. You will enjoy the people you meet on route.
Pros
once career, great benefits
Cons
if non career, haveto wait to become career employee
Fun atmosphere and especially nice people
Rural Carrier Associate-Temporary (Former Employee) –  Felton, CAJune 29, 2016
I enjoyed the fast pace of delivering mail. I liked interacting with my customers on my route. My Supervisor was especially supportive and helpful with teaching me my duties.
dirty place with no one who cares
Mail Handler Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kearny, NJJune 28, 2016
everybody has an attitude and is bitter. i do not suggest this job to women it is hard work and the management does notcare about anything
Nights
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2016
I really enjoyed my job here at the USPS because I never thought about even working for the postal company... At the time the pay wasn't the best but it was doable. I did enjoy my time there.
The Best Job
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 28, 2016
A typical day consist of case and carry assign mail route. Throughout my twenty-eight years of service, I learned the importance of customer service and satisfaction. Also, throughout my twenty-eight years of service, I encounter various management styles. I encounter the Competent manager, Result only manager, Cheerleader manager and Name only manager. My co-workers was phenomenal. The hardest part of my job was delivering mail in the snow storms. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationship that was developed with my customers and providing them with outstanding customer service.
Delivering mail
City Carrier (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 28, 2016
A typical at the Postal Service can be pretty hectic but overall it is a good job for some people. It can be very mentally challenged and sometime stressful.
Pros
Dont have management over your shoulder
Cons
The Wheather
Not too much in the way of productivity
Title - Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 28, 2016
The USPS provide job security, but a less desirable salary.
The management of the USPS left a lot of room for improvement. Advancement came through friendships, rather than merit. The USPS does not open the door primarily, as indicated in its original vow; to hire veterans (first) returning from battle.
Cons
Good full time job with benefits.
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Iola, KSJune 28, 2016
Sorting the mail and prepping it for delivery. Safeguarding and delivering the mail. Picking up packages and incoming mail from customers.
Pros
Driving
Cons
Relief driver position did not provide enough hours.
Fast paced, energetic atmosphere.
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJune 27, 2016
Success in the letter carrier position requires self discipline and the ability to handle a wide variety of issues such as customer service, extreme weather, and trouble shooting daily problems. Positive aspects of the job include working outdoors in Southern California and enjoying the relationships developed with customers . The daily sense of accomplishment is very rewarding.
Great place to work if you like dealing with stressful situations
CCA (city carrier assistant) (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIJune 27, 2016
This job is NOT for the physically and mentally weak. They WILL work you like dogs and treat you like slaves. Don't get me wrong, if you're into that kind of work style, then this job is definitely for you.
You will do more work than what you're getting paid to do, the hourly wage seems like a good deal until you actually work there for a while and see for yourself how underpaid you really are. If you are relying on this job to get by on your bills then you will be stuck their because you won't have the time or energy to look for any other job.
Pros
Work alone without constant supervision, work outside
Cons
Underpaid, stressful, no life outside of work, do others work that they can't finish.
Terrible company to work for
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 27, 2016
terrible company to work for, don't have a care in the world for their employees only their mail, have cca's come in at a later time and expect them to get the job done at same time of a regular, management sucks as well as their communication.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
management
Corrupt Management with a Plethora of Favoritism
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 26, 2016
I worked very hard for this company for two years, making little to no mistakes in the two positions I held. I was promoted from working at the Salt Lake City Remote Encoding Center, and was transferred to the Salt Lake City Processing and Distribution Center to work as a Mail Processing Clerk. I was put on a 90 Day Probation after being promoted, and one of the rules is you're not allowed to call in sick, which is understandable. However, I was admitted to the hospital for one day for heat exhaustion, and my grandfather happened to die during the 90 day probation, causing me to miss a whopping two days for very serious reasons. I was fired by the corrupt management for being in the hospital, and for wanting to be with my family when my grandfather died. There have been other employees who have missed days for the same reasons (death in the family and hospitalization) and have not been fired during their 90 days. I had proper documentation for the hospital visit and would have provided a death certificate as well for my grandfather if they had even asked. I got along very well with my co workers, and a lot of the supervisors as well, but the "head honcho" decided he did not like me enough to overlook the fact that I was literally admitted to the hospital in order to not fire me. I worked up to 72 hours a week for this company, never left early, never was late, very rarely called in sick, and I was let go because of needing to miss two days for two very serious and separate reasons.This would be a great place to work if the management was re-arranged, and they could not pick  more... and choose based on who they liked the most rather than who did the best at their job.  less
Pros
Good pay, good health insurance
Day in the life
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJune 26, 2016
stressful yet rewarding. Learning the process of the postal service has been very informative and exciting. Keeping the mail organized and delivered safely is crucial. Seeing happy customer getting their Amazon packages can be an awarding experience.
Long exhasting days, no ojt on routes, very stressful
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 25, 2016
Your on call, doing routes with no prior training on the route. Days can be very stressful and tiring. Not for everyone. Lots of walking, doing multiple routes
supervisor horrible
Customer Care MHA (Mail Handler Associate) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 25, 2016
great job but supervisor was really rude!! not really a good job if you have young kids because all of your time will have to be dedicated to the post office. other than that great hours and pay
Pros
pay
Cons
work-life balance
Mail Handler
CASUAL MAIL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJune 25, 2016
Good paying job. Hard on feet must stand for long periods of time on concrete. Break areas too far from work area which cuts into your rest time. Heavy lifting and scheduled 6 days per week. During holidays required to work 12 hour shifts leaving very little time for rest and recuperation.
I enjoyed my employment with USPS.
Rural Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 24, 2016
I really enjoyed working for USPS - i learned how to work quickly and accurately. i feel i worked well with my co-workers and enjoyed time off with some of them. i just loved my customers - i liked how they would wait for me outside near their mailboxes, sometimes just to say hello other times with a bottle of water. The heat of the mail truck was the worst.
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2016
A typical day at work is usually long and all day on your feet. you either start at 6 or 7:30 am, depending on your station.
Some co-workers are very cooperative and others aren't as personable.
Pros
room for growth
Cons
no life
Fast and Steady work place
CCA City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TX 77640June 24, 2016
My job required me to deliver packages and parcel upon scheduled route times. I also was required to provide excellent customer service.