United States Postal Service
4,672 reviews

United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

productive.
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee), Summit, NJJune 1, 2015
its ok. good benefits sometimes nice people. it can be stressful if you let the job get to you but overall i rate this job 6.
Terrible Work Envirnoment
City Carrier (Current Employee), Fort Washington, MDJune 1, 2015
Pros: Employment
Cons: Salary, Lack of family life, Benefits
The USPS has been a terrible place to work. By far the worst place I've ever been employed at. The physicality of the job is not as draining as the mental stress that an employee has to deal with on a day to day basis. On numerous occasions there have been payroll problems, and a serious lack of opportunities for advancement. Management has a severe lack of business ethics and integrity.
Great pay and benefits
Station Manager lvl 21 (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benefits. Great learning tools available
Cons: Long hours.
USPS offers great pay at a starting rate of $16 and hour and increases every quarter. Management pays at a salary rate above the national average. Benefits are all paid for including Vacation time, Sick Leave, Health, Death insurance, Dental and Vision insurance.
Stressfull and fast pace.
Mail Carrier (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJune 1, 2015
Cased mail in the morning and loaded postal truck, if available or loaded personal vehicle to deliver mail. I enjoyed the fast pace environment and the outdoors.
USPS
Mail Clerk/ Mail Carrier (Former Employee), Robbinsdale, MNJune 1, 2015
A typical day at work is routine, which I enjoy. I am assigned a different machine daily to operate along with a partner/co-worker to ensure the machine is running properly in order to have the mail processed within a timely fashion in ordr for the delivery drivers to deliver the packaged mail to individual postal stations, for the mail carriers to deliver within the metro area.
A wonderful place to work at.
Administrative Assistant Clerk (Former Employee), BaltimoreJune 1, 2015
Administrative support for arranging all aspects of meetings from arranging presentations to coordinating travel arrangements to conferences and seminars and maintaining expense reports. Provided assistance to consumers in complying with federal regulations of the Postal Service and other federal agencies. Assisted consumers in the rental of post office boxes, filing claims for mail theft, misrouting and damaged mail.
Great company to work for.
PSE Clerk/ O.I.C (Officer In Charge) (Former Employee), Holladay, TNMay 31, 2015
Enjoyed my employment working for the United Sates Postal service. Worked with some really great people and there really were no hard parts of the job because I enjoyed what i did.
tough environment, good pay and benefits
Mail Handler / Processor (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 31, 2015
Pros: great benefits and hourly pay
Cons: not always guaranteed the hours, depending on level of employment
work load based on mail volumes. I learned how to really take on physical labor. Most employees are military veterans. Great that USPS provides employment for our veterans. Maybe hardest part of job is that one is not always nicely welcomed as a new employee. Once on board, there is room for advancement.
very busy
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee), Great Falls, MTMay 30, 2015
Pros: Good pay, good people
Cons: weather, cant talk to other co-workers, not much room for advancement
People are great. You aren't allowed to talk much to fellow co-workers. You work long hours, often over 8 hours and 6 days a week.. you are paid over time..good job if you don't have a family
Delivered Mail
Rural Courier Associate (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLMay 30, 2015
Pros: Talking with the elderly
Cons: Have plenty of work, ad get that mail out in time.
Being a postal worker your constantliy on the go, you wait for the mail truck to, you sort the mail and packagaes then you get your route's mail load your mail truck up and head outto delivered the mail! I can complain I loved everything about doing postal. I enjoyed giving people thei mail, reaching out and speaking to the communiy.
Great
Mail Processing Clerk (Temporary) (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 30, 2015
I worked with outstanding people. My job was fairly easy but you had to be very precise with small details. The work load was a lot but it definitely made the work day go by faster. However there were some cons with the whole payroll system. But overall its a great career.
This is a great place to work as a career.
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTMay 29, 2015
I was not working there very long but the workers were very friendly and inviting. The compensation and benefits were great. This would be a great job for those who love working with and meeting new people, and for those who enjoy building friendships with their customers.
to much micro management
Mail Carrier (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMay 29, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: lousy management
The carriers tend to get the short end of the stick when it comes to so called improvements to the post office. Recent developments such as GPS locating, set scan schedules, development of automated mail which can not be cased or looked at prior to delivery has created a hostile work environment. There is an overload of middle management which generally do nothing more than punch numbers into a program which tells them how they should do there job. The pay was good, but the harassment and stress created was not.
If you get this job, keep it forever!
Casual Clerk (Former Employee), Bridgeport, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: for the most part my experience was pleasant here.
Cons: Shortage of full time employment opportunities.
I started out at a small town post office in December for only the holidays.
When May rolled around and I was still there, sorting mail, I was offered a job delivering a rural route which I had to turn down, it wasn't something I could do at that time and my term was over. but this was a good place to work, helpful coworkers and the nicest postmaster ever. I don't regret turning down the job but I do wish I could have stayed on doing clerical work or something else.
I didn't get benefits, just normal "temp" pay but I did work every day except sunday behind closed doors, sort and receiving mail.
secure work place
Operations Industrial Engineer (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 28, 2015
experienced workforce, clean work environment, time sensitive work processes, there needs to be more focus on customer service at post office branches
Productive work enviroment
CCA: City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee), Suitland, MDMay 28, 2015
Pros: Great Pay and Benefits
Cons: Short Breaks
Deliver Mail
Learned how to route and case mail as well as new areas
Strict management
Hard working co-workers
The hardest part about the job was delivering mail
The most enjoyable parts of the job were the lunch breaks and clocking out
Very fast pace.
CCA (Former Employee), Queens, New YorkMay 28, 2015
Pros: Fast pace
Cons: Pay, unpredictable schedule
If I had been younger I would have stuck with this job. It's very fast pace and makes time go by very fast. The staff helps out from time to time and let you develop. The downside is there is not much time for you to do anything outside of work. You are too tried to do anything. You don't have set days off. One day you could be off but then you get called in. You can work 7 days without a break and I went 8 straight days once and it wasn't even the holidays yet. I did have fun in the summer time. In the winter, the environment can be unforgiving. Overtime was tricky. Usually, if you work 40 hours a week it is consider overtime. I would work 40 hours plus an additional 6 or 7 hours but that would not count for some reason as overtime. Once again, if I was younger, (around 19 or 20) I would have struck through it as the benefits become better once you become a regular.
The United States Postal Service was a great environment.
Seasonal Team Member (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 28, 2015
my responsibilities at the USPS included handling large bundles of mail, loading and unloading mail from trucks, operating conveyor belts with packages while keeping a clean work space, and sorting mail according to zip code and priority. USPS has a lot to do with organization skills and fast speed.
Supportive supervision
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Short commute
Cons: Odd hours of work
Typical day involves coordinating with supervisor, sorting it mail, and filing mails. Accomplishing goals set is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Poor Management
Mail Carrier (Current Employee), England, ARMay 27, 2015
This job is not fit for anyone ....There is no stability....The management is poor and there is lack of communication. There are no benefits available ...and it could take years to receive them and become a full time employee

1 2 3 4 5