United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

Found 9,439 reviews matching the search
Fast paced Job
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NYApril 22, 2017
Not a bad job at all. It is really fast paced and is a rough start due to the amount of different routes you must do until you earn a solid position. Only down side was they couldn't guarantee hours.
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 22, 2017
Great pay! Hard work and its full of drama. You're always on your feet and you have to lift heavy boxes but you get to wear you headphones I always like that. Overall it's a great place to work
Job security
Delivery Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 22, 2017
Mostly toxic environment. Some say its management some say its worker attitude. It really both. Very few managers earned the position and go on a power trip. A few workers, knowing that its tough to get fired, are very unproductive and go out of their way to make it hard on management but it actually makes it hard on everyone else
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Worket attitudes
Postal Service
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bell, CAApril 21, 2017
I enjoyed the variety of job duties and functions that I was tasked with. Safety was top priority and made it great to work along side staff and management that reflected this.
Mail Carrier/Casual (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAApril 21, 2017
Great place to work. I worked as a mailman/mailhandler, but job was not permanent. I enjoyed being out within the community and delivering mail. I enjoyed people I worked with.
Cons
Demanding requires patience good memory organization skill and time management
PSE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2017
My experience with the postal service taught me a lot. You gain a better understanding for the postal system. You gain knowledge in the area of commute. The postal service provides great experience in the field of customer service.
Great people, great atmosphere
Casual Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 21, 2017
When you work here the people make you feel like family. Everyone has a job to do, but are willing to help each other out. Starts to feel more like a family. Really great people to work with.
Pros
Lots of overtime available
Cons
During busy seasons, you will pretty much live there.
Good
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2017
Research the job really have nothing to say, you got to experience it for your self....something are different for every one, so do the research as I suggested
Fun fast paced environment to work in
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, PAApril 21, 2017
Customer satisfaction and revenue is the key to a successful career and business gain. The cca, clerks, rca and managers kept an open communication to keep a position work environment.
Customers wonderful, maintenance of POV very important, accuracy in proper delivery and time schedule to assure reliable service
Rural Carrier (Former Employee) –  Nichols, NYApril 21, 2017
Report to PO collect scheduled delivery items, sort and organize, pull down and load vehicle. Proceed to deliver route. I learned basic mechanic skills, changing tires, replacing alternator, brakes etc. Management has a lot of pressure to maintain smooth delivery an then answer to the higher ups. Work place culture is everyone is equal.
Not for a single mother
Encoding Operator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 21, 2017
I enjoyed being able to work at my own pace; however, one cannot have much of a personal life because they mandated hours and schedules that made you be more flexible than most companies. Some times having to work 10 hours a day, six days a week.
Challenging place to work but rewarding
Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 21, 2017
The USPS can be a very demanding work place because of its reputation to customer service commitment. Every day is different, but challenging based on mail volume. Early and late hours are part of the job so you have to prioritize you schedule.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Non Career
Organized Thugs
City Carrier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2017
My experience begin with a female supervisor being jealous. She constantly harassed me & the union did nothing. Everytime you are injured they stop your pay, injured twice = 1 year without any pay. Management is vindictive and evil -no one will help you. Although it's a government job you have no recourse to fight. The money is not worth it.
Pros
Steady work as long as you follow the rules
Cons
Management treats carriers like inhuman. Call in sick they will dock your pay
good
Rca (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 21, 2017
great career great company would want a career opportunity wanna go back need less time of being an assistant to become a career employee management job culture job se
Good secure job
Postal LetterCarrier/Collections Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 21, 2017
Here we go again, indeed.com would like for me to fill out this portion of the remaining part to finish the resume to put on line. So I am writing to say great exercise and a lot of leg work.
Good pay thats it
Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 20, 2017
Stressful stressful stressful management is horrible and to be honest I think the post office would run better without them and I think they train them to be nasty.
Great Job
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 20, 2017
The USPS is a great place to work. A good days work for a good days pay. And now I have a retirement and start a new part of my life. Good insurance, good savings and a good life.
Pros
You can go as far as you want.
Postal Service
Senior Sales Executive - General (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaApril 20, 2017
No matter the job, position or Manager...you make the job yours. Be positive and learn to change with the newest and greatest aspects of what life throws at you. USPS is a good place to work.
Contract Mail Delivery (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 20, 2017
I check to see time plane landed then text my driver time truck will arrive, unload truck help sort express mail and parcels get keys and scanner, plan rout then deliver express mail.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
time sensitive
eye opening!
Postal Service Employee (Former Employee) –  Bay City, TXApril 20, 2017
working at the postal service was an amazing! I loved every minute of it I learned how to deliver the mail and how to go about with the p.o boxes. Great experience
Pros
how everyone was so helpful
Cons
nothing..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

United States Postal Service Reviews by Location