United States Postal Service
4,453 reviews

United States Postal Service Employer Reviews

Great pay but worked to death
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
Arrogant management that plays favorites and tries to sabotage your job.
Nice people who are very helpful to new people.
Have to pick up the slack of lazy co-workers who disappear while working.
Have to deal with creepy men twice your age hitting on you everyday.
It's a good job.
Postal Support Employee (Former Employee), Florence, SCMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at work consists of hard work. But you will be well compensated for it. I learned that a hard worker gets more work, a lazy person gets more breaks.
stressful days
City Carrier (Former Employee), Kearny, NJMarch 23, 2015
i doesnt have anything bad to say about the post office but its alot of mail and long days. But its ok it just takes time to get use to.
Great benefits, backwards management, unsteady work schedule.
Data Conversion Operator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 23, 2015
Pros: pay, you can listen to music, you can wear what you want.
Cons: must appeal to managers, no rights, bad scheduling, micromanaging.
I worked at the USPS Remote Encoding Center for almost two years. I served two 90-day probation periods and received one promotion.

It's good that they pay slightly-above-average wages because any less money earned per hour would feel like slave wages.

At the REC, you cannot speak to anyone or be ten seconds late for anything. You must appeal personally to ALL managers or they will pick favorites and fire those who they don't like. Breaks must be precise. They watch and monitor everything you do and if your performance strays AT ALL there will be consequences. Summer time as a PSE gets you about 20 hours per week. Christmas time gets you about a 72-hour work week that is MANDATORY. You don't get any input on when they schedule you and they never shut down.

I've never been treated so poorly as an employee in my life. The Union is great, the pay is good (you get differentials) and after a probationary period, you can listen to music through your headphones.

Hands must be on your keyboard at all times. Communication devices must be turned off and out of sight.

The hardest part of the job is staying awake and being perfect.
Fun place to work
Mail Carrier (Former Employee), Worth, ILMarch 22, 2015
I maintained the sales floor, and stocked shelves. I enjoyed working for Walmart. I learned how to improve customer service by making sure items were always in stock. I also learned how important it is to the customer that signs are visible.
USPS
PSE Clerk (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 22, 2015
Working at the Post Office wasn't bad. Good pay and decent work environment. It's not a job I could work for the rest of my life. Going "postal" is definitely an understatement.
Horrible place to work as a CCA !
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee), Vallejo, CAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: customers are nice
Cons: poor management, no benefits, no days off
People looking for work and see "Hiring for CCA's" do not be fooled ! Like everyone else I thought oh ok post office this will be a great job opportunity no not at all ! CCAs have NO benefits except accruing Annual Leave every paycheck. They will work you 7-30 days straight 9 -10 hour days(maybe more up to 12 hours) . Forget about a 8 hour day .The pay may be more than what other companies are offering but working for USPS it is not worth it I repeat not worth it . Management is horrible they are very disrespectful & do not care about anything but getting the MAIL out, which is very sad to me. Say bye bye to any type of personal life ,and remember that Annual Leave I mentioned yeah when you request time off its usually denied so its pointless. I would never recommend anyone work here ever ! However if you're single with no social life this job would be perfect for you. The only thing positive about this position is the customers who usually feel bad for you , because they know how over worked you are & the regular carriers (who make Almost $15 more) are helpful.
decent pay
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: working alone working in great weather
Cons: working in bad weather
you are just a number. very long hours. working in extreme weather conditions . very strenuous on your body. they don't care if your injured the mail still needs to be delivered
Alot of free education
Triangle Aids Network (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free conventions
Cons: non-profit, low salary
Met a lot of great people. Learned about disease processes and medication regimens along with up and coming front of the line medications to battle HIV and AIDS.
very good and stable work environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2015
I would be given my assignment for the day and then I would go and get the necessary tools and equipment I need for that day to complete the task.
Always safety was and is a factor.
A place without logic.
Mail Handler Assistant (Current Employee), Carol Stream, ILMarch 20, 2015
Pros: work is physical but easy, not much more
Cons: lack of ethical managament, high expectations, no clear planning or goals, on the fly schedule changes
I started to work for the USPS a couple years ago as a mail handler assistant. Little did I know, I sold my soul to this company. As an assistant, I was pegged to do the same amount of work as the career employees at a fraction of what they made. As usual, I simply did my work as hard as I can, for as long as possible. The problem with this pace was that management didn't care for hard workers. They only cared about work and how fast it was getting done. So as proactive as I was, I only increased expectations of what I was capable of doing. To this day, I have not been awarded nor congratulated for the hard work ive done. Only once did another employee tell me of the good job I was doing. This place is sad, and if I only knew what I was getting into, I would have not signed the dotted line.
Overload of work
City Postal Carrier (Current Employee), Bellflower, CAMarch 20, 2015
CCAs get an over abundance of work and are expected to be back before 7pm. In some cases, this is just not possible with the amount of work that is given.
Pretty Boring. Good Pay.
Clerk (Former Employee), Providence, RIMarch 19, 2015
Pretty Boring. Good Pay. Coworkers managers and supervisors were straight forward and to the point. They weren't stuck up or rude.
Good Benifits
Building Maintenance (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great benfits
Cons: lack of mangement
Have work their for 37 years ready to retire and move onto find another place to put my experiences to use. started out as a custodian then worked my way up to mail processing mechanic then to building equipment mechanic which is the position I'm currently holding
Great place to work depending on who's in charge and where.
CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLMarch 19, 2015
First facility was a great environment with great supervision that was training properly. Then got transferred to the main post office and was thrown into the fire without proper training.
Great environment to work in
Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 19, 2015
Great environment to work in. The employees are helpful as well. I would live to work back with this company because of the benefits
Summary
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee), pontiac miMarch 19, 2015
Working at the post office i learned discipline because we had certain sections in the warehouse that we had to stay in, we had to stay moving around all night and we had to learn a lot about the mail which made me appreciate it.
Postal Support Employee
Postal Support Employee (Former Employee), Boise, IDMarch 19, 2015
Start the day by retrieving material need to begin work session. Working in varies work sections as need to accomplish task. Manage time and co-workers relation in team work environment.
no fun things
part time post master (Former Employee), Dutchtown, MOMarch 19, 2015
I opened doors unlocked safe put up mail in boxes. Waited on customers, filed reports. I anwswered phones took complaints about things. I had no co workers I was by myself
Horrible place to work.
supervisor/ CCA (Current Employee), Holmdel, NJMarch 19, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
I would not recommend this place to anyone to work due to the fact that you work 7 days a week, you come in as a temporary and not knowing when you will be hired.

About United States Postal Service