United States Postal Service
3,430 reviews

United States Postal Service Employer Reviews

usps is the worst employer ever
Rural Mail Carrier (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 19, 2014
They expect you to be available at their convienence when the "claim" they call you. If you are not available in a hour or do not answer the phone call they will fire you. The probation period is 1 year and as a mail carrier you work 1 day per week. Who can afford to live on that???
Classic Factory Work
Operations & Customer Service (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 19, 2014
The challenge is working with a huge dysfunctional family in a large plant setting. It has it moments of fun, and many moments of diplomatic creativity. The issue is, it no longer fills any sense of challenge. I am eager to move into an optimistic, progressive environment. I want to put my talents to use in an optimistic, future envisioning position.
mail carrier
mail carrier (Former Employee), Waxhaw NCJuly 19, 2014
Pros: learn about different neighborhoods
Cons: part time
great way to learn about your city. and how important receiving your mail on time
Very busy work culture
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 19, 2014
the hardest part of this position, for which I can only testify to my particular station, the isolation from the rest of the crew. everyone is given a route to do, and is expected to do it without incident. regardless of training or experience. Management has their own way of doing things, which seem disconnected from the ground crew, and was usually – more... unhelpful and inefficient. – less
Great place to work and retire from.
Bulk Mail Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay
Cons: having to some week-ends, (mandatory)
A typical day at work was dealing with the public in a customer service setting.

I learned how to listen and be patient.

My co-workers all worked together for one common goal. Customer satisfaction.

The hardest part of the job was inclement weather because of sometimes having to work on a dock.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new – more... people and helping them prepare their mailings. – less
good hours
Data Conversion Operator (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 17, 2014
worked as a data conversion operator to send inbound and outbound mail
mail handler
USPS (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great pay and benifts
Cons: stressful enviroment
preparing letters and packages for delivery. weighting packages,loading machines and pushing equipment.
Great place to work and the most friendly coworkers
RCA (Current Employee), Unionville, VAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: high paying job and i work with a great group of people.
Cons: only part-time so i recieve no benefits at this time.
Time goes by very fast because it's actually a fun job. Having employees that get along so well helps too. A typical day includes unloading flats, letters, and parcels to the right areas then sorting. The carriers case the mail and deliver to the correct addresses.
fast paced and fun enviornment
Mail Handler (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 17, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: temporary position
I separated mail and loaded it into trucks. I learned how to work quickly and efficiently. my management was encouraging and helpful. my co workers were friendly and determined. the hardest part of my job was working quickly while learning the ropes. while the most enjoyable part was making a lot of money doing it.
A money maker
Mail Handler (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 17, 2014
The best part about working at USPS for me was the ability to work overtime often. The co-workers were great also but it depends on the shift in which one works as well. I had no problem on either shift.
Hostile work environment
On the Job Instructor (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: good pay. decent benefits
Cons: hypocritical safety culture. abusive management. very hostile work environment.
Most abusive management culture I've ever endured. Safety procedures and standards are only used to discipline employees. Nothing changes until somebody is seriously injured. Management double standard on zero tolerance policy. Applies it only to bargaining unit employees-never to management.
OK
Mail-Handler (Current Employee), Bedford, ILJuly 16, 2014
This is not my career but for now it s a good stepping stone. The benefits are great and my coworkers mke coming to work fun.
Money Well Earned.
City Carrier Assistant (CCA) (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 16, 2014
Pros: exercise and pay.
Cons: wear and tear on body and walking in inclement weather.
Carried heavy bags on our shoulders in inclement weather conditions. Sorted and cased mail. Did basic route maintenance such as hold orders, forwards and change of addresses. I learned how to manage my time and get the mail out to the right person at the correct address. Management was not always friendly and did not care about their employees. My co-workers – more... were very friendly and helpful. Many of them worked hard and got their jobs done on time. Hardest part was learning different routes almost every day. The most enjoyable part of the job to me was meeting new customers and being out doors. – less
moral is horrible!!
MHA (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2014
They don't care about the employees moral is horrible!!! They slave you out, don't want to give you breaks. It's a job but honesty I totally dislike working there!
Hard work
PSE Sales & SVCS/Distribution Associate (Current Employee), Monrovia, CAJuly 16, 2014
Physical and fast paced. Long hours
I learned the mailing process, city scheme and to use warehouse equipment.
Be prepared to walk
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Altoona, PAJuly 16, 2014
The USPS is a great company to work for. Although be prepared for high work loads and lots of walking. Starting out time off is not something you will having a lot of. 60+ hours a week are normal for beginning letter carriers. Although the pay does justify most of your concerns.
fun fun exciting workplace, coworkers and supervisors were great to work with
Casual Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: sorting mail, lunch breaks, supervisors, co workers everything was great
Cons: mandatory overtime
loved this job, fun fun and exciting, the experience was great, sorting and distributing mail and helping out in whatever department that was neeeded
Enjoy my work, love to help and assist others in their careers.
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2014
Pros: love the human resource field, learn something different from all the individuals i come in contact with.
Cons: there are days i have to spend less time at home to complete my work.
A typical day at work will be assisting manager and craft employees with their questions about procedures and policies of the company. I will facilitate new employee orientation, arrange travel plans for managers or craft employees. Pull training records per the request of managers and administer exams to craft employees. I also supervise the work performance – more... of 7 employees. – less
Very productive environment and fun place to work.
PSE Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Allen Park, MIJuly 15, 2014
Everyday was a fun day, even on our busiest days. My coworkers and supervisors were very approachable and helpful, when needed, and gave me the necessary tools and knowledge to get the job done.
Very political environment
Personnel Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: stressful environment
A good days pay for a hard days work is overshadowed by who likes you and what cliques you belong to.

About United States Postal Service

The United States Postal Service (USPS) handles cards, letters, and packages sent from sea to shining sea. The USPS delivered┬ásome – Read more

United States Postal Service Photos