United States Postal Service

United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

Found 8,362 reviews matching the search
Absolute worst job experience I ever had
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 17, 2016
Stay away!!! I worked as a RCA in Cary NC. The place is so mismanaged and the training they give you is horrible. The 2 supervisors there are nasty and could care less about your safety. In the training academy, they constantly preach about safety, but yet u will be sent out on routes u have never been on in the dead of night. I actually felt sick having to go to work there.
Pros
Money, your fellow carriers
Cons
Long hours, nasty supervisors who could care less about your safety
Productive and fast paced
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockport, INNovember 15, 2016
A typical day includes sorting and delivering mail and parcels on designated routes. You will be unsupervised while out on your route, but will be expected to complete your job within a specified timeframe. You will report to your home office and post master where you will sort mail for your route. The hardest part of the job is learning all of the different addresses and streets on the designated routes. The most enjoyable part of the job is once you have learned your route is getting out delivering the mail and parcels and meeting your customers.
Pros
Wages
Cons
No benefits
USPS Mail Carrier
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAJanuary 15, 2017
A typical day at work; casing and delivering mail. I learned multiple addresses and routes. The management isn't the best but you meet some great co-workers. The hardest part about the job was learning the mail and trying to get along with supervisors but the most enjoyable part about the job was knowing how to carry mail and all the new people I got to meet daily.
Pros
Stable, good paying, full time
Cons
full time, supervisors
Day to Day
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 14, 2016
• Managed the achievement of customer satisfaction objectives within DOD.
• Developed strategic business plans to enable the strategic account team and USPS organization to meet or exceed customer satisfaction targets and objectives; develops strategic level relationships (external and internal) as needed to achieve objectives.
• Developed and leads an account team in strategy development and deployment to retain USPS revenue and meet customer objectives.
• Managed all account team activities associated with implementing strategic business plans including: business, product or service needs; competitor market behaviors, customer
Not as great as they say
(PSE) Postal Service Employee/Retail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 4, 2016
A typical work day consist of standing for very long periods of time waiting on customers that can be very rude at times but you also have a lot of good ones.

I've learned to tune out the negative obstacles that comes with the job in order to productively finish all task given.

Management is all over the place they don't communicate with one another, some are spiteful.

my co-worker, I must say that they are the best, we work together we get along with one another.

Hardest part of the job is telling a customer that we are out of things that we should never run out of.

Enjoyable part of the job is the kindhearted customers the ones that talk to you as if your are somebody
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
jumping through a lot of hoops, sporadic schedule
An outgoing productive environment.
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Richlands, VANovember 29, 2016
Working with the U S Postal Service as a city carrier is a challenging and interactive position, not only with your co-workers, and supervisors, but also with the patrons that you deliver mail to. The hardest part of the position is not having enough time to deliver the mail. The best part is working outside and all the exercise.
Pros
Everyone trust a post office worker.
Cons
Not enough time at the end of the day.
United States Post Office
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXNovember 11, 2016
Carrying mail is a steady, reliable job. The addition of Amazon parcels increases job security. Each day is different depending upon the work load, holidays, and coverage of other routes for those on vacation. The hardest part of the job is learning to deliver accurately and efficiently. You are given a set amount of time to deliver the workload of mail and parcels. The best part of the job is being on your own once you leave office to go deliver on the street. Job security and the pay are also a plus.
Pros
Pay, Job Security
Cons
Time Shortage
So small I delivered in my own car.
Rural Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Marissa, ILNovember 21, 2016
Getting to listen to music or radio all day was great. Before you memorize your route sorting your days mail seems like a never ending chore. Since I used my own car at the time my favorite workdays were the ones that started in the 50s ended up being 70 somingq
Pros
Great people, small country town, and free cold drink in the summer.
Cons
Filling in for someone you barely know and losing your hole day and your bumper.
Review
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 9, 2016
Deliver mail to hundreds of families and businesses in a rural area , Able to substitute for any the seven rural routes in the office, Sort letters, magazines, and catalogs, small and large parcels Resolved employment-related disputes through proactive communication. Met and exceed goals to return collect mail to post office, Met customers at the door to receive signatures on required documents
Hard labor. Years of wait time to be hired in.
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, MIDecember 29, 2016
Lifting up to 70lbs. Lots of sorting. Paid for a set route, even though some days may take you longer (some shorter). You are on your own schedule, and primarily work alone. I enjoyed listening to my music and just delivering. I did not enjoy when there was package overload and you had to make multiple trips.
Pros
Work on your own schedule
Cons
Delivering multiple packages....heavy days
hard work but can be fun
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MD 20854December 2, 2016
very hard work but can be fun. I think there should more training then what is givin to new people working here. working seven days a week back to back from 7 am to possibly 7pm could be a bit much on a person physically and mentally. carriers take a big toll physically. downside to the job. management also plays a big part in this!
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
bad phiscal toll on the body and no family time
Hard Career to advance in
Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 8, 2016
This job does not give the flexiblity to have a life outside of work. If you have children this job is very time consuming and will not work with you and family life. The job has a great benefit package that start roughly 6 months after working. Management will not stand up for you in any situation and will quickly throw you under a bus if it will safe their job. If you work multiple jobs this job will tell they are the primary job if they call you come. Venture wisely!
Postal Carrier/Collector
Mail Carrier/Mail Collector (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2016
As a Postal worker, I find it challenging and rewarding many times. When dealing with the public you become aware of peoples personality and character. And knowing those two identities, you learn how to deal with each person you come across in a professional manner. Sometimes its hard but you realize what you need to do to work with those people with getting upset at any situation that arises. As a Postal worker for 19+ years, I find that there is nothing hard about my job as learned all aspects of my job starting from day one. The most enjoyable part about my job is that I need no supervision at all.
Pros
Doing my job without supervision.
Cons
Having my route changed 2 to 3 times a year.
Working USPS has positive and negative attributes
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, PADecember 27, 2016
USPS is a high stress, busy work environment. You are depended on to be accurate as well as quick while delivering mail and packages. It can be extremely stressful job because you have X amount of time to perform all of your duties. It is extremely difficult to advance in USPS. You would have to wait until another regular carrier retires before you can advance. It can literally takes years before you become regular and qualify for benefits which are better than other employment. On a positive note the USPS is a family and they help each other as needed. Also with walking up to 12-15 miles daily helps keep you in physical shape.
Pros
work together to achieve same goal
Cons
takes a long time to advance in career. Highly stressful environment.
Stressful with bad management
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Former Employee) –  McClellanville, SCJanuary 13, 2017
Typical day was go in help sort mail, case mail and prepare for street. Scan in all your packages line them up according to your route. Finish up by discarding any other mail to its special area. Load your car for delivery. Go out and deliver. Co-workers were very team oriented, one of the most enjoyable parts of this job. Hardest part of the job was on days (like holidays) when the mail and packages were extremely heavy, the postal service expected you to be able to perform the same as any other typical day. Also the stress of delivering in the traffic and in bad weather conditions was not an easy task. Management could have been better.
Pros
The people you worked with.
Cons
The maintenance fee allowed for rural carriers to supply their own vehicle was not enough.
Satisfying Job out in the public away from the Station
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 13, 2016
For the Postal Service, once out in the field delivering customer's mail was the most rewarding part. Interactions with the customers as well was most satisfying.
Hardest part of the job was being thrown to deliver in areas with no map of helpful information from the station. The only station Mount Lookout, OHIO was only organized station I was lucky to work with one day who provided the info of what the park points and which relays on those park points for an unfamiliar route. This little bit of instruction was instrumental in helping me to complete that assigned route in under expected completed time.
Pros
Working out on my own with the public
Cons
Missed the team environment of fellow employees
Peaceful workplace
Lettr Carrier (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 6, 2016
Consistent working conditions. Constantly learning to work with and deal with different personalities and attitudes. Working an honest days work through changing management personnel & ideas. Get along well with co-workers. Hardest part of the job may be having to work through the elements of weather change. Most enjoyable part is making customers satisfied in receiving and sending out their products.
Pros
Self motivated and supervised.
Cons
Working through inexperienced supervision to perform the job needed.
Very strenuous long days lots of hard work
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJJanuary 2, 2017
Definitely not an easy job takes alot out of you and you will be moving from the time you get there til the time u clock out so days like 7 in the morning til 5 5:30 at night maybe longer and constant moving 13 to 16 miles daily...not easy but been told later it's worth it but definitely kills the body
Pros
Good pay will get better to
Cons
Management dont care about you and put too much pressure
Fast Pace, Busy, and Fun
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 10, 2017
A typical day at work is usually fast pace, busy, but fun, I learned how to scan incoming mail as well as outgoing mail, distributing the mail in the correct zip code, and how to properly load and unload trucks. The management there is good not to harsh but not to soft. The co-workers are friendly, and easy to get along as well as hard working. The hardest part of the job was once it hits 3-5am as the mail is heavy.
open
(PSE) Mail processing clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 7, 2016
Preparing work area for workload. Continuous sortation of mail all day. How flexible and how dedicated I am to ensuring that my team not only exceeds the company's expectations but, that we exceed the company's expectations. Management is dedicated to the culture. The hardest part of the job was lifting heavy packages continuously. The most enjoyable part of the day was leaving knowing you met, and exceeded the company's expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.