United States Tennis Association

United States Tennis Association United States Employee Reviews

Good for experience, They let you be creative
Assistant Editor (Former Employee), White Plains, NYApril 21, 2015
Pros: Nice lunch room with different meals every day. Free Tennis, On location shoots. Free coffee and tea.
Cons: Small office space.
USTA was a fun place to work. Located close enough to the city for a fun weekend but also in a remote area of white plans. I was contracted so I didnt spent much time there to get a full feel for the place but they paid their contractors very well. Working on meaningful pieces that people saw.
Great Colleagues
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), White Plains, NYApril 3, 2015
Great people, great environment, easy to commute to if your driving. Great teams to work on cross functionally, a lot of events to attend and to learn from.
Fun workplace and fun people
Professional Tennis Umpire (Former Employee), Boston, MassApril 1, 2015
Pros: See tennis pro's
Cons: long days no bebefits
You go to the courts and you get set for your day I learned to be even more patient officiating the game people I work with are from every culture and ethnic and I enjoyed learning about their cultures. The worst part of the day is when it's about 100 degrees and you work until all matches are over, by that time it could be 1 or 2 in morning and you have to be right back up at 8
great learning expierence
Access Control Officer (Former Employee), Flushing Meadows - Corona Park, NYOctober 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch voucher, great views, celebrity encounters
Cons: breaks are short, too far to get food, standing all day
my typical day would be to come clock in at guest services and then report to my post where i was to keep secure for my time working at this company, i also would then relieve the people on the shift prior ti mine. afterwards i would then secure the three areas i was responisble for. i learned alot of paitence, i learned how to control and conduct myself in high volumed situations. i was mainly free all the time so my managing this job was easy, my co workers were okay all different age ranges but my manager and my supervisor wasnt all great definitely took the job too serious and it was alot of under the table not knowing how to do the job you were given. the hardest part was standing on my feet constantly for 15 hour days. missing meal sometime because the relief team wasnt savvy on what to do and what time to show up. and the most enjoyable part was i had plenty encounters with some of the most admirable people in the world, i even saw my idol on more than one occasion it was amazing!
Fun work place with great people
Temp/ Receptionist (Former Employee), White Plains, NYSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: great environment, friendly people, consistent work load
Cons: no benefits because i was an off and on temp.
Assist anyone who needed help. Usually worked for a different person every other month or so. Because of this job I have gained better customer service skills and more computer knowledge. When I first started I felt lost and confused at times. But after working there for a while I learned so much.
General Review
Business Operations, Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), White Plains, NYMay 29, 2014
Pros: environment, benefits
Cons: management, advancement
The environment at this company is great however, the room for advancement doesnt exist and you loose almost your whole summer due to the intensity of the sport
Managing Tennis
Event Planner, Manager, Coordinator (Former Employee), Los AngelesFebruary 25, 2014
I work about a couple hours every other day managing girls who played on my High school tennis team. I help with their skills and get them fit for tennis.
Hard working and talented staff.
Community Partner Engagement Manager (Current Employee), Alameda, CAFebruary 6, 2014
The United States Tennis Association, Northern California Section (USTA Northern California) is located in Alameda, California. We are a not-for-profit volunteer-based organization with approximately 37,500 adult members, 12,500 junior members and over 400 organization members. USTA Northern California is one of the 17 sections of the United States Tennis Association, the governing body of tennis in America.

As one of the larger geographic sections, USTA Northern California has been promoting, servicing, and administering tennis programs since 1953. With our volunteer Board of Directors, a staff of over 35 members, and hundreds of volunteers, USTA Northern California is devoted to promoting and developing the growth of tennis as an inclusive and inviting lifetime activity in Northern California and Northwest Nevada.
Productive and friendly work environment.
Administrative Assistant to Ticketing Director (Current Employee), Corona, NYJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: friendly people and exciting work atmosphere
Cons: there are not many full time jobs currently available
The United States Tennis Association is a wonderful Organization to work for. I have worked as a seasonal employee within the Ticket Office for five years and I enjoy it very much.
Productive and fun workplace.
Tennis Service Representative (Former Employee), Valley Forge, PADecember 7, 2012
Meeting with customers at Tennis facilities, Parks and Recs, School, and youth centers... to promote and grow the sport of tennis and to privide them with resources for USTA Tennis programs in the communities.
Sports and Entertainment - Non Profit
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJune 26, 2012
Pros: fun and sporty atmosphere
Cons: top heavy organization
A youth oriented and high energy company that stresses health, education, and entertainment.