United States Tennis Association Employee Reviews

Great opportunity to bring integrity to the challenges of competitive tennis matches
Committee Member (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 3, 2017
This was actually a volunteer position. I am an avid tennis player. My desire was to help maintain the integrity of the game while encouraging a passion for the sport. I was not paid a salary but was the recipient of many benefits - free passes to tournaments and gifts.
Pros
Free tournament tickets and gifts
Cons
Last minute conference calls
Productive and balance work place
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 25, 2017
Productive and balance work place
offer flexible schedule
by all highways, easy commute
people are friendly
team player environment
great even to work for
Enthusiastic Undertanding Mangers
Head Coach Instructional (Current Employee) –  Mansassas, VAAugust 18, 2017
Days are not typical. Work is classes as they are arranged and occur. Have improved my ability to provide interesting classes to ages 12 and under. Management is spectacular; understanding, supportive and motivational. Hardest part of the job is feeling guilty with not being able to commit more time to the flexible, part-time work as much or as little as you can aspect of the position. Most enjoyable aspect of the job is applying the new skills I learn regarding making teaching 12 and Under instructional tennis more fun.
Pros
Supportive managers
Cons
Parks & Rec class opportunities have not developed consistently
Great Work environment, but unfair pay and odd hours
Service Representative of Philadelphia (Current Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAAugust 7, 2017
As a Rep you do all the heavy lifting. the team is awesome, but upper level management does not have a true appreciation for the value this position brings. You are constantly chasing numbers, yet there is no was to ascend higher or advance your title without applying for a new position.

You are also expected to give up weekends and work events in the evening if needed.
Pros
Great team, fun work, great benefits
Cons
Not competitive pay, unappreciated, no advancement
Great work life balance
USTA (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 13, 2017
A great and fun place to work if you want a stable job. Good work-life balance and great co-workers. Senior leadership could be better. Overall, a good job.
Usta
National Tennis Coach (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 15, 2017
Working for the USTA Eastern Section is a privilege and honor. I get a chance every summer to work with kids from all other the state. Plus we get to travel to different States to compete in events.
Good Workplace on the Water
Waitress (Former Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYMay 12, 2017
Enjoyable workplace during the summer months. Water and atmosphere in general are very pretty. As long as you keep busy the time goes by fast. Good food as well.
Usta coach
Tennis Coach (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 28, 2017
Great company to work for. The environment is very enjoyable and young while still upholding professional values. As a coach, there is some structure to the lessons, but also allows for personal flexibility in teaching style.
Best Job ever
U.S. Open Ballperson and Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYMarch 18, 2017
Great Experience. One of the best job I have ever had.

Great part of this job is that you are exposed to the following:

1,) working as a team member
2.) on court with the greatest tennis players in the world
3.) adrenaline and energy on court and off court very high
4.) work with different people of all ages
5.) demonstrate your physical fitness
Pros
Best Management. Well Run. Organized
review
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2016
its a nice company to work for. working at the USTA was a nice experience. I temped at the company for 6 months. the accounting manager doesn't do any work
Wonderful People
Regional Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLDecember 17, 2015
Other than the management not really having a clue, all is well. Its who you know not what you know. People at the top are just sitting pretty until retirement.
Excellent place to work.
Roving Tennis Official (Current Employee) –  Midland, MINovember 9, 2015
Excellent place to work. Get to watch great tennis and get a nice tan going while making sure the tennis matches are being played fairly and also resolve any tennis disputes.
Pros
Free lunch.
Productive environment that supports growth
National Manager Wheelchair Tennis (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 26, 2015
Supportive environment that supports mission on all fronts. Excellent growth at the lower levels, but hires from the outside at upper levels. Employees are tasked with multi-faceted responsibilities often being required to juggle many projects at the same time. There is often an environment of fun working in the sport industry and the US Open Grand Slam is the pinnacle of excellence in the sporting world.
Pros
Travel, sport, exciting events, travel
Cons
Advancement, excessive travel, fiscal ceiling
Productive and Fun place to see you Favorite Stars
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Queens NYOctober 13, 2015
The access to the Stadium is awesome. Many opportunities , the food and the people are great. The chance to meet a tennis pro is very High and the atmosphere is top notch.
Usta
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 27, 2015
Proceeds from the US Open go towards the growth of tennis in communities throughout the US. Busy most of the year especially leading up to the US Open.
Good for experience, They let you be creative
Assistant Editor (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 21, 2015
USTA was a fun place to work. Located close enough to the city for a fun weekend but also in a remote area of white plans. I was contracted so I didnt spent much time there to get a full feel for the place but they paid their contractors very well. Working on meaningful pieces that people saw.
Pros
Nice lunch room with different meals every day. Free Tennis, On location shoots. Free coffee and tea.
Cons
Small office space.
Great Colleagues
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 3, 2015
Great people, great environment, easy to commute to if your driving. Great teams to work on cross functionally, a lot of events to attend and to learn from.
Fun workplace and fun people
Professional Tennis Umpire (Former Employee) –  Boston, MassApril 1, 2015
You go to the courts and you get set for your day I learned to be even more patient officiating the game people I work with are from every culture and ethnic and I enjoyed learning about their cultures. The worst part of the day is when it's about 100 degrees and you work until all matches are over, by that time it could be 1 or 2 in morning and you have to be right back up at 8
Pros
See tennis pro's
Cons
long days no bebefits
great learning expierence
Access Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Flushing Meadows - Corona Park, NYOctober 21, 2014
my typical day would be to come clock in at guest services and then report to my post where i was to keep secure for my time working at this company, i also would then relieve the people on the shift prior ti mine. afterwards i would then secure the three areas i was responisble for. i learned alot of paitence, i learned how to control and conduct myself in high volumed situations. i was mainly free all the time so my managing this job was easy, my co workers were okay all different age ranges but my manager and my supervisor wasnt all great definitely took the job too serious and it was alot of under the table not knowing how to do the job you were given. the hardest part was standing on my feet constantly for 15 hour days. missing meal sometime because the relief team wasnt savvy on what to do and what time to show up. and the most enjoyable part was i had plenty encounters with some of the most admirable people in the world, i even saw my idol on more than one occasion it was amazing!
Pros
free lunch voucher, great views, celebrity encounters
Cons
breaks are short, too far to get food, standing all day
Fun work place with great people
Temp/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 5, 2014
Assist anyone who needed help. Usually worked for a different person every other month or so. Because of this job I have gained better customer service skills and more computer knowledge. When I first started I felt lost and confused at times. But after working there for a while I learned so much.
Pros
Great environment, Friendly people, Consistent work load
Cons
No benefits because I was an off and on Temp.