UNITED STATES Employee Reviews

Hard work, great experience.
Army National Guard (Former Employee) –  Walbridge, OHJuly 19, 2016
Had the time of my life, grew confidence I never had until then. Hardest work of my life but by far the most rewarding. Learned basic combat, medic, navigation.
Work fulfilling, Management not so much, Lazy coworkers.
Voucher Examiner/Program Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTApril 19, 2016
The work itself was very fulfilling. I got to help veterans through what could be a semi trying process. I enjoyed the processing of claims and the need to think clearly and concisely. The management was sort of a big issue. Some of the co-workers were less productive so the productive employees were given substantially large workloads. This created a lot of issues and conflicts internally.
Best Place to work
Road Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 15, 2015
I really enjoyed working here, the challenge and brain storming to get problems solved was, exciting and excellent. I never left without making sure every task was complete.
secure safe Government environment
Supervisor of Mails, Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Satellite Beach, FLDecember 14, 2015
Illustrious , Dedicated 35 year career, daily helped customers with their mailing needs. Held various positions in a bargaining unit environment (Union), Worked in highly industrialized atmosphere, dealing with OSHA safety compliance, as well as Union issues.
Great place to learn and network
Salesforce Administrator/Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 2, 2015
Improved my sales skills, made a lot of contacts and networks. Learned from more experienced colleagues and made good friends.
Pros
Location, networking opportunities
Cons
Inadequate benefits
Challenging and learned alot. Got to know great people
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  El paso TexasSeptember 24, 2015
The hours were between 6;30 am and 5;00pm. No weekends. Learned something new everyday. It was hands on teaching, you were involved a lot. Some days were stressful, but you worked together as a team. My co-workers were very supporting. The hardest part of the job was never knowing what to expect. The most enjoyable part was doing things I've never done.
benefits
Cons
being called at anytime
Great Place To Work
Transmissions Operator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CaJuly 21, 2015
Technicolor was a great introduction to Post Production. I was able to meet and work with great people. I was fortunate enough to be part of what at the time was a new division "Transmissions" which consisted of Digital Deliveries. Overall great place.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Great People, Fun Environment
Cons
Long Hours at times
Awesome environment
Human Resources Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOJune 30, 2015
The United States Army is an outstanding organization. It has been a honor to serve proudly for the past 22 years. I have experienced many differnet cultures and life changing events. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
productive.
Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 19, 2015
great to work for its a free gym lots of walking in heat and cold. Besides that anyone can do it. management great. hardest part of the job was doing it almost 7 days a week. I liked the workers.
Pros
free gym
Cons
everyday
Dedicated to active duty, honorably discharged and retired military and assciates
Financial Foundations Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 13, 2015
Excellent work environment; pay is higher than most Customer Service Insurance positions within the same area locale. Dedicated work force and excellent working environment.
Pros
Health cklinic, gym, full cafeteria, Starbucks and bistro on site
Cons
Long hourse, sitting.
Shipping/Receiving Lead
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Drumright, OKMarch 4, 2015
Small but growing company. Management needs to be more professional and less hypocritical. Pack and ship orders to various companies on time and efficiently.
Pros
home every day
Cons
management
Greatest Country On Earth! Great people to serve with
Sergeant - Engineer Equipment Repairer (Current Employee) –  Annville, PASeptember 8, 2014
A typical day there is a lot of formations with a lot of information to remember for that weekend. You learn to think very fast and to always be on your feet. Also leadership and all skills needed to be a great team leader.
fun place - work and travel
Hostess/ Tour guide (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJune 5, 2014
Welcome customers and escort them to their tables, making a tour and presenting the restaurant;
Pros
great experince
Cons
part time
Excellent Career for the young
Sergeant: Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COMay 9, 2014
On a typical day you way up at 5-6 AM and report for morning formation for accountability. You do physical training for an hour and a half then you are released to clean up and get ready for the work day. Depending on your Military Occupational Specialty you will either be working in an office or outside. I was a tank maintainer so I worked outside for the most part. Generally, we would do maintenance on the tanks or a few other of the company's vehicles, but there are always some classes to take or some other requirement that has nothing to do with your job. Depending on who you are you may find quiet a few of these interesting or a waste of your time. Quiet a few days I was there until six or seven at night. So much of your year is a build up to getting you and your team ready for a deployment, which means you will be gone from home a total of three to four months out of the year before deployment. Then your deployment can range from a few to nine months.
Pros
free healthcare, plenty of holidays and four day weekends
Cons
authoritarian system, many days away from home, extremely dangerous situations, and stressful environments.
good times
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 17, 2014
This organization is aware of dominant currents in its culture, work habits, dress code, traditions, and governing assumptions but, like the chancellor, makes explicit efforts to transcend them. We are talking not just about the buttoned-down financial services company that embraces the IT guys in shorts and sandals, but also the hipster organization that doesn’t look askance when someone wears a suit.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Consulting multiple location
Oracle Application/ eAM consultant (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 9, 2014
Worked multiple clients as Oracle eAM and Oracle Application consultant/ employee.
I enjoyed traveling
United States Navy (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 3, 2014
I enjoyed the traveling , being on the ship and working with the crew
My wonderful career
Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCOctober 30, 2013
I enjoy coming to work each and every day. I love the challenges that I deal with each and every day. I have learned that over my 20 years in the military each one was different and that I need to take each day as a learning experience. From management I have learned from prior mistakes and what to do if they should arise again. The hardest part of my job is leaving each day. I love working and sometimes it is very hard to leave work. Working as a team and learning from everyone’s own personal experience is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
wonderful work environment, working conditions
Cons
somedays are slower than others
you can do many things with a ping pong table like put you work materials and others things
payless (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 24, 2013
i work five days a week and there i have to help people find what they want. my manager is very nice, she is friendly and very fun. my co-workers are great with me they explain me if i need some help and all of them are my friend i don't have any problem with any of the person in my job. the hardest part of my job is when the shipping come every Tuesday and Thursday and i have to open like a hundred of boxes in a little space. the best time is when i m doing customers service, because i like to help people find things and know many kind of people. i learned in this job that when you are working to the public you have to be very patient and be so helpful and the most important don't pay attention to people who want to bother you.
Wonderful place to work.
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC (teleworker from Nashville)September 19, 2013
I love my job but we are currently in a RIF environment and I need to keep my options open.
Pros
Mission
Cons
RIF

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNITED STATES. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3