United Stationers Employee Reviews

i wont work this place again ever and ever
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJanuary 9, 2017
the worst place to work no respect,no safety,u will get raise $0.25 a year , i didn't learn anything, they have bad management in Suwanee,my co-workers are ok,
Too much politics, dead end job
Distribution Worker I (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 29, 2016
I worked at the United Stationers Orlando Facility for almost 6 years and it was a waste! I kept getting passed over for promotions even though I was one of the top level performers and more than qualified. The department I worked in there was alot of backstabbing and favoritism for those who "sucked up", but slacked off. It was sickening and I had enough. I left in early 2014. I work for myself now. If you think anything of yourself, don't work for this company!
Pros
Weekends and holidays off
Cons
Too many to list
I learned a lot, and it shows.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 17, 2016
I quickly understood that working with human resource and they are a valuable asset.Learning how important coaching and counseling are the success of team building. Though unpleasant, there is a constructive way to disciplining employees and still keep a person engaged. The importance of communicating job expectation and planning are vital. I was always monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions. Enforcing policies and procedures are a priority.

I encouraged my team to recommend ideas for strategic planning and finding ways to get tasks completed quicker without forgoing quality.
I can't complain. Great pay
Vendor Liaison/ Dept. Mgr (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2016
Great pay but the hours are long. Management should get in touch with the employees
Was encouraged to compete against other employees
Early starts
The pay was great
Pros
Great pay, they will honor your vacation time
Co-workers are always willing to teach
Merchandising Assistant (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILDecember 7, 2016
The work is detailed and very interesting. Our goal is to give the dealers and customers a pleasant and seamless transactions.
Communication between co-workers is paramount. Lasting friendship are formed and nurtured.
Pros
Educational classes
Cons
Pay
Job has no hope
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILNovember 2, 2016
not a good place to work with the management don't know what the left hand or the right hand is doing, tells you one thing and does the other, yesterday the electricity went out, we went home with no pay.
Grest co-workers
Sales (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLOctober 26, 2016
I worked more in the warehouse searching for missing orders, also was in charge of Army Carbone Accounts. Also filling online orders for Vendors mostly office supplies, and making sure my large orders were checked before shipping.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
not enough breaks
Stable employment
Stock Picker/Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAOctober 23, 2016
There are several departments with multiple shifts each day. The company offers tuition reimbursement after one year, grade based. Management works with the employees to adjust schedules if needed for a short time.
learned a lot and a fun place to work
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHOctober 11, 2016
unloading trucks, breaking down pallets by part number, receiving and tagging merchandise, co-workers and management ok, learned how to drive tow motor
Pros
gave free lunches from vendors every so often
Cons
short breaks
Great people, great company
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  City of Industry, CAOctober 8, 2016
This is a great place to work with great people. The only downfall is the lack of promotions available. If you have been there several years you will max out in pay and will not get a raise. This can be difficult if you are raising a family and have been loyal to the company.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Limited room for advancement
job market
Driver/Dock Preparation (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 28, 2016
Unwilling to keeping with job market and salary and management are not well trained and and allow employees to set the tone while the relax
Pros
health benefits
Cons
salary
Very fast paced enviroment
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 24, 2016
I was an order picker and this was via automated talkman. You had to do about 50 boxes during your shift with a 100 % completeness. My co-workers were good about teaching me how to get up to speed. The hardest part of the job was not forgetting anything and making sure it went in the right box. management was ok, we didn't see them much unless we had a meeting. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting everything done on time and not having to stay late.
Pros
It was enployment
Cons
The job didn't pay very much
College Job
Distribution Worker (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJune 28, 2016
This was a great college job. It kept me busy but the hours worked great with class schedule. It was also helpful financially by allowing me not to have to take out extra student loans.
Family Atmosphere
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJune 25, 2016
Great place to work . Fun everyday. working with good people who grew up there. I learned that as a Team we can accomplish anything.

The building closed in 2006 after 30 years.
white minority and LOTS of OT
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJ 08512May 19, 2016
4-5 hrs. MANDATORY OT every night, poor management w/little skills on how to resolve issues between employees, if you are white you are the minority and treated like one too, decent pay but could be higher considering all the work you put in. The union sucks and does not stick up for you in times of need. Run poorly overall, but not the worst place due to the salary and job security.
Fast Paced
Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 17, 2016
Fast paced environment, managers and supervisors expected for employees to keep the same rate the entire shift period. hardest part of the job was to be sent home early 1 hour after your shift because of over scheduling.
Productive and a Fun Place to work
Key Accounts Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ILMay 10, 2016
I enjoyed working closely on an everyday basis with my customers that were personally assigned to me as well as other customers that I would help. I also enjoyed working with my co-workers very much.
I enjoy the holiday appreciation for employees.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAApril 16, 2016
I am seeking for better opportunity based on how hard that work. I do have family that depends on me based on the energy, motivation, and the drive I bring to the table.In another words; the jobs I have experience are non-communicative, and very unorganized facilities, Hardest part of the job is to get people on the same page as a team; to accomplish goals that we are trying to reach. Last but not lease, the most enjoyable part of the job; getting to know new people and learning more experience.
warehouse worker
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAFebruary 10, 2016
first day they want you to work long hours management was horrible they don't even speak to you superviser was horrible I did my 8 hours I ask can I go home he made a smart remark saying I am one of them workers that just wanted to do 8 hours and go home he told me they work until it is done you get in 4pm and sometimes leave at 4 am in the morn. I went back to my old job Please I am warning you don't go
Pros
Cons
a lot of things
OK Company
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJanuary 26, 2016
There are good people at the company but also a lot of corporate politics. The co-workers are nice and helpful. Mid level management and upper management need training. They are not helpful and only think about how they can move up in the company.
Pros
Good co-workers, Lunch and Learns, Healthcare benefits
Cons
Difficult to move up in the company, Do not value their employees, Layoff's on annual basis

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Stationers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9