United Stationers Employee Reviews

A dishfucional family that I enjoyed working with
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 29, 2017
As long as you showed for work and did your job,you were Golden.the work was hard at times,but that's wearhouse life,I enjoyed the time at this facility,they did right by me.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fast pace..
ASSOCIATE DISTRIBUTOR I (WAREHOUSE) (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 19, 2017
I like working at USSCO, but there was no climate control. So it was very hot and sweaty during the summers. But I managed to work there for 5 and half years. Unfortunately, co-workers were being taken advantage of and groups were horse playing too much.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Shortbreaks
Great people to work for and with
Transportation Manager-Ron Inouye (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80238October 16, 2017
Load, route and deliver office furniture and supplies. Enjoyable work. I earned good pay with the freedom to pick my own pace with a balanced culture. Some heavy office furniture was the hardest part of the job. I liked being out doors and working with the trust of the company.
Pros
Pay, trust, and the great out doors.
Cons
None that comes to mind.
Enjoyable work enviorment
Forklift Operator/Selector (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 16, 2017
I would clk in go to the locker room and change into ppe.Afterwards I would check forklift equipment.Go to supervisor and get my assignment for the day.Proceed with my duties and and if I finished early I would offer to help others or start on my duties for the next day.Along the way I would check other departments to see if anyone needed help with their orders.
Pros
Lunch hours were good, I would leave the facility and grab me a bite.
Cons
Breaks were an hour long, Which gave time to enjoy lunch handling business
Stressful with overtime and poor culture
Department Manager- Inbound (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJOctober 14, 2017
Management has their favorites. Union environment protects the weak and hurt the strong. Face paced with tons of overtime with last minute notification, making for hard work life balance.
good
Sr. DevOps Administrator (Former Employee) –  Essendant, ILOctober 2, 2017
The workload was very balanced. I enjoy a job where we have a set workload which varies from day to day and one which challenges me allocate my work force to achieve the most efficient and cost effective production.
Pros
challenging, benefits
This was a very balanced place of employment.
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Walker, MISeptember 27, 2017
Pros
challenging, benefits
Cons
shift changed and i couldnt make it work out with my family situation at the time
Poor
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Some Managers are great most are not they do not care about you really all they care about is meeting their numbers and safety is like their number one thing cause they get paid more for days of no accidents.
Order picking (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WASeptember 1, 2017
Discounts for anything office related; that we had in stock; HR did not like to hire Temps. That could have been improved upon...all in all I enjoyed the work but not the commute.

If you had to work weekends they would cater a breakfast or lunch...
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
The commute
Fast paced
Customer Services Rep (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 31, 2017
Fast paced. Low appreciation. Upper management will most likely drive all the customers away unless they change policies. The place is ok if your ok with the mundane
Pros
Pay ok.
Cons
No advancement. 0 appreciation
Cubicle Heaven
Medical Channel Account Manager (Former Employee) –  NYAugust 23, 2017
Get ready to love your cubicle. This is your typical office job behind a computer, answering phone, emails and making outbound calls. It is a great start for new college grads but that's it.
Pros
catered lunch, friendly coworkers
Cons
difficult to advance due to office politics
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAAugust 9, 2017
I enjoyed working for United Stationers. It was an awesome work environment. Management was helpful and encouraging. I assisted business owners with ordering of office supplies etc.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Enjoyed all the staff. Good team work all around.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK USAAugust 7, 2017
I learned and performed many tasks. Got my Forklift certification. Drove Taylor Dunns, operated forklifts, pallet jacks, and scissor lift. Filled customer orders, packed products, palletized and loaded onto trucks for shipping on time. The management was fantastic. I enjoyed and got along with everyone I worked with. The only thing I found hard about the job was the heat, but got use to it. The thing I enjoyed about the job was that it never got too monotonous or boring. I moved around a lot and had a different job every week. One week I would drive the forklift, the next week the scissor lift, the next week on foot filling orders. One of my most favorite jobs.
Pros
Holidays, and company get togethers.
Constant Change
HR Mgr/ HRBP - Charlotte&Raleigh Dist Centers (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 6, 2017
Probably the epitome of the "ready, fire, aim" mentality. Great people to work with, but the overall goal of the organization seemed to change on a weekly basis. They follow allot of the "flavor of the month" management trends.
It is up to the individual
MARKET DEVELOPMENT CATALOG COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILAugust 3, 2017
Professional and decent coworkers to work with. The company supplies the laptops and training that is necessary. While there were several voluntary severence packages offered, people liked working here.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Moral to so hot. Favoritism shown
Just a great company to work for, with a great culture and opportunity to grow
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILAugust 2, 2017
You were always on your own and had to be a self starter to be successful.
If you needed help it was always there for you to utilize
Management of the local level was supportive and encouraged each employee to communicate areas of concern
The hardest part of the job was maintaining your success from year to year
The most enjoyable part of the job, was working with your colleagues who always seemed to be rooting for each other
Pros
If you put the effort in, the sky's the limit for your income and managment possiblites
Cons
Company was making changes wheh I left, to reduce the role of their sales staff
A fast paced but fun place to work, it can get hot in the summer but it's tolerable.
Experienced Forklift Operator And Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 27, 2017
A good company to work for, as with any job it can be stressful. we usually work 8-10 hours per day sometimes 12 but that's rare. management is ok the work environment is casual and fun at times. The best part of the job is your constantly moving not stuck in one spot all day.
Break room had a tv and cafeteria
Outbound Shipping Lead (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJuly 25, 2017
Benefits were great. Worked there for 17 years met a lot of people. I learned alot over the years as the company advanced in technology. Management was ok at times.
Pros
Breaks and benefits
Busy company and warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJuly 18, 2017
This was a very fast paced and busy warehouse environment with lots of work to do in receiving and distribution. There was plenty of work to do for a full time schedule
fast pace enviroment
Operation Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 13, 2017
Very fast pace environment, but well rewarded with the benefits package, management very professional and always willing to listen and support their employees.
Pros
Stable and secure job
Cons
slow advancement