United Summit Center Employee Reviews

Worked with many difficult personalites
Crisis Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVApril 4, 2017
The unit I worked on was not run very well and employees are given a tremendous amount of responsibility. I had three different managers in a period of 7 months.
Pros
enjoyed the work itself as it was very rewarding
Cons
very low pay
Room for improvement but nature of the industry
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJanuary 12, 2017
In community mental health care, there is always room for improvement. This is certainly the case here. However, for what it is, it is not a bad place to start one's career and likely move on to more lucrative opportunities.
Provides good services to the mentally ill population
Behavioral Health Director (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJanuary 5, 2017
I have been fortunate to advance within the company. I have gained a lot of work experience from United Summit Center. I enjoy working in the behavioral health field.
Great beginning job for the field
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, WVDecember 13, 2016
The company is great for those who are beginning in the field to gain a better understanding of mental health including the treatment planning process, working as part of a treatment team, and providing appropriate care.
Typical day at work included individual therapy sessions, contact and communication with parents, clients, and community members.
The most difficult part of the job is maintaining caseloads of 70+ clients.
The most enjoyable part of this job for me was the people that I work with in the immediate satellite office.
Pros
Coworkers, learning experience
Cons
Extensive travel, low pay.
Adult Case Manager
Adult Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJune 2, 2016
I did not work there long enough to give a fair review of this job. I will say that I am grateful for the opportunity that I had.
Pros
it was the very first job the was offered to me after achieving my BSW
Cons
little pay, travel to and from for work was not worth the pay.
Unsure why there are such high ratings
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVApril 30, 2016
I worked for this company for a very short while. While I was there the caseloads were insane! E-Mails constantly, on weekends and after closing, requesting work to be completed; however, I was reprimanded for doing my notes after I went home, on my own time, so I was able to meet billing requirements during the day.
I did learn a huge amount in a short period of time, but only because it was NECESSARY to get through the day.
Other case managers, therapists and psychologists were great to work with, however management was horrendous.
The hardest part of the job was occasionally learning some things on my own because I was told not to ask other case managers for help sometimes. Some days always busy, some days nothing and get in trouble for not meeting billable time. The billing time is not taken into consideration during winter months when the roads are bad and cancellations/no shows happen. There are a lot of negatives to this place. They do not see you as a person, only how much money you can make them. You get one chance to make billing quota, after that you're fired! They take advantage of their workers and sometimes force you to stay over 1,2 even 3 hours and you are stuck with the appointment by yourself. The pay is not that great, especially for the work you do. It was $10/hr for years and just recently raised to $11.51...which is very poor for what is done throughout the day. Call centers with high school diplomas make more than that.
The most enjoyable part was time with the other case managers, therapists and psychologists. I enjoyed the flexible schedules and
  more... getting out of the office, but that was about it. It was a paycheck and experience for another, better place.
I've been told there have been double digit case managers in that location that have come and left within a couple years.
They are in desperate need of someone I hear. Best for people just graduating college to gain experience, but not for the experienced case manager at all...you won't last long if you are experienced. Great job until you get a job, once you start, make diligent efforts for another CM position elsewhere.
Pros
drug reps cater lunches at times, flexible hours, great case managers, great therapists and great psychologists you work with, benefits, PTO available
Cons
$11.51/hr isn't something you can live off of, Management has power trips, Basically RUN the facility, not enough hours in the day, billable time is unrealistic during winter months, management sees you as how much money you can make and not as a person, i'm sure there's others but i can't think of any right now
educational
Case Manager/Behavioral Heath Technician (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WV 26301April 29, 2016
educated clients on staying sober and being a productive member of society. management needs educated. Co-workers are friendly. enjoyable part of job is getting to know clients and educating them.
Pros
close to home
Cons
closing facilites
Poor retention
Emergency Services Triage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVNovember 4, 2015
This company does little to retain good workers and there was very little potential for advancement. I worked there for eight years and the pay was not significantly worth the time I spent there. I did enjoy my job; however.
Worked in the community.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVOctober 14, 2015
I would help client with daily routine, meals, personal hygiene. Light housekeeping. I would take client to appointments and to grocery store. Socialize client into the community.
Pros
Helping others to socialize in their community.
Cons
Sometimes to long hours of work.
People working together to make a difference
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Glenville, WVJuly 22, 2015
It's rewarding to know I can make a difference in someone else's life. It's the only job that I can spend a day out in the community and get paid for it.
A good organization with good people.
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJune 13, 2015
A typical day at work began by visiting a school(s) to provide therapy to students. Then to the clinic to write progress notes and see scheduled patients for the rest of the day. USC provided excellent training and has good people to work with and is a friendly atmosphere. USC has good benefits but the pay needs to be increased especially for those who have years of experience. An excellent organization to start with and perhaps to grow as well.
Pros
Excellent training and friendly people
Cons
low pay scale
Loved my co workers
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVMay 11, 2015
Very busy doing drug testing and connecting with the clients and always had a client in the detox center that needed all of your attention
Well trained and exciting work place
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Glenville, WVApril 1, 2015
I love working for the company! It is a great job for anybody that truly enjoys tending to individuals with disabilities. My supervisor goes the extra mile for the clients and employees. My supervisor really listens to what we have to say too! I have learned so much about my clients and their families as well. The hardest part of the job is to not get attached to clients. The most enjoyable part of my job is when clients make improvements. A typical day at my job is doing what the client wants to do.
it's a great place to worl at
BHT/Security (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMarch 17, 2015
I been with United Summit Center going on a year and i love it the same as the first day i step my foot in the front door. I respect my co-workers and we get along just like a family. I will miss them when i relocate to South Carolina . I have been a EMT for 25yrs and i would leave that field to stay in this field as a BHT.Behavioral Health Technician.
Pros
no free males
Cons
it's a health Center
convenience
Client Receivable Representative (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJanuary 7, 2015
I am very good at what I do. I make less than $10 an hour. I have been employed with this Company for over 15 years.
Pros
Good health Ins.
Cons
Low Pay
Fun and rewarding place to work
BHT/CNA (Former Employee) –  Sutton WVJanuary 2, 2015
The job itself was physically easy, it was a little bit harder mentally. The clients were fun to be around and as well were the co-workers.
Not a good place for people with families
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Weston, WVJuly 29, 2014
With this job there are never enough people to do the job so when you get sent to a clients house we may be there for a few hours or a few days. Never knowing when you will be able to go home or being instructed to sit outside in your car for the entire shift if the client does not want us to be there.
Cons
no breaks, low pay, never home
fun workplace
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJuly 28, 2014
love working with the people i do , not enough hours and a lack of communication
USC was a great place to work for and I really enjoyed working with the clients as well as the office staff.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg.WV 26301June 16, 2014
A typical day at USC would be arriving at your clients home and starting your book work until the client was awake. Once the client was awake you would start with their daily needs and then continue with preparing their meals and get them ready for their daily activities.
I learned a lot from my employment with USC, like how to provide care to needy clients and make sure they where fed and taken to the Doctors when they needed to go, I also learned a lot about the medical aspect of caring for the clients. Management was very easy to get along with and always willing to help out if there was ever an issue that needed attention. My co-workers were always very kind and hard working and there if I had any questions or concerns. I would have to say caring for the clients would of been the easiest and the hardest part of working for USC because you never knew from day to day what kind of client you would have to deal with from day to day, whether they would be easy to work with that day or be completely difficult.
Pros
While working at USC I did not recieve free lunch. I payed for my lunch out of my own pocket.
Cons
Durring my employment with USC we where aloud short brakes long enough to smoke, then return right back to working.
Bht
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJune 9, 2014
Assisting clients in everyday living as they use our services to maintain everyday lifestyles as they have stepped down from a higher mental health institution

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Summit Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9