United Summit Center

United Summit Center Employee Reviews

Well trained and exciting work place
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee), Glenville, WVApril 1, 2015
I love working for the company! It is a great job for anybody that truly enjoys tending to individuals with disabilities. My supervisor goes the extra mile for the clients and employees. My supervisor really listens to what we have to say too! I have learned so much about my clients and their families as well. The hardest part of the job is to not get attached to clients. The most enjoyable part of my job is when clients make improvements. A typical day at my job is doing what the client wants to do.
it's a great place to worl at
BHT/Security (Current Employee), Bridgeport, WVMarch 17, 2015
Pros: no free males
Cons: it's a health Center
I been with United Summit Center going on a year and i love it the same as the first day i step my foot in the front door. I respect my co-workers and we get along just like a family. I will miss them when i relocate to South Carolina . I have been a EMT for 25yrs and i would leave that field to stay in this field as a BHT.Behavioral Health Technician.
convenience
Client Receivable Representative (Current Employee), Clarksburg, WVJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good health ins.
Cons: low pay
I am very good at what I do. I make less than $10 an hour. I have been employed with this Company for over 15 years.
Fun and rewarding place to work
BHT/CNA (Former Employee), Sutton WVJanuary 2, 2015
The job itself was physically easy, it was a little bit harder mentally. The clients were fun to be around and as well were the co-workers.
Not a good place for people with families
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee), Weston, WVJuly 29, 2014
Cons: no breaks, low pay, never home
With this job there are never enough people to do the job so when you get sent to a clients house we may be there for a few hours or a few days. Never knowing when you will be able to go home or being instructed to sit outside in your car for the entire shift if the client does not want us to be there.
fun workplace
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee), Clarksburg, WVJuly 28, 2014
love working with the people i do , not enough hours and a lack of communication
USC was a great place to work for and I really enjoyed working with the clients as well as the office staff.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee), Clarksburg.WV 26301June 16, 2014
Pros: while working at usc i did not recieve free lunch. i payed for my lunch out of my own pocket.
Cons: durring my employment with usc we where aloud short brakes long enough to smoke, then return right back to working.
A typical day at USC would be arriving at your clients home and starting your book work until the client was awake. Once the client was awake you would start with their daily needs and then continue with preparing their meals and get them ready for their daily activities.
I learned a lot from my employment with USC, like how to provide care to needy clients and make sure they where fed and taken to the Doctors when they needed to go, I also learned a lot about the medical aspect of caring for the clients. Management was very easy to get along with and always willing to help out if there was ever an issue that needed attention. My co-workers were always very kind and hard working and there if I had any questions or concerns. I would have to say caring for the clients would of been the easiest and the hardest part of working for USC because you never knew from day to day what kind of client you would have to deal with from day to day, whether they would be easy to work with that day or be completely difficult.
BHT
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee), Clarksburg, WVJune 9, 2014
Assisting clients in everyday living as they use our services to maintain everyday lifestyles as they have stepped down from a higher mental health institution
Semi productive work place
Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) (Former Employee), Terra Alta, WVApril 26, 2014
Pros: decent schedule
Cons: management issues
I learned how to interact with people with substance abuse and some mental health problems. The management was ok for the most part, didn't listen to employees as much as they should have.
Not to bad of a place to work at.
Behavior Health Technician (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVApril 2, 2014
They need better supervisors because they pick and choose their favorites. The company is good if you want to work a 4p-12a or 12a-8a shift. If you have little kids its not a good company to work for.
USC Review
Case Manager (Current Employee), Clarksburg, WVFebruary 4, 2014
Working at United Summit Center is very challenging, but very rewarding. Many clients end up feeling like a part of your own family and others get test your limits, but at the end of the day it is very enjoyable assisting those in need.
Flexable Work environmnet
Case Manger (Current Employee), Harrison CountyNovember 9, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, great benfits, friendly atomsphere
Cons: sitting at computer for a duration of time, wear and tear on personal vechile.
I love working for this Company because There is a friendly atmosphere and everyone cares about each other. Flexible Schedule for Families, Single parents. I would recommend United Summit Center to everyone. rather you are Direct Care Staff or the CEO. This is a great place to work. This is the first time I have worked in the mental health field, but I enjoy what I do and enjoy making a difference in some one's life. If you want to make a difference in someone else life. Look in to the United Summit Center
USC
I/DD Title XIX Waiver Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Weston, WVSeptember 5, 2013
USC is not a good company to work for due to constant contradictions from management. I do not believe that they have the clients' best interests in mind. They are all about making money and would put that in front of a clients' needs.
Great business
BHT (Former Employee), Weston, WVJuly 1, 2013
Great place to work if you enjoy working with people. Staff is very nice and helpful. I really enjoyed working there.
Stressful, yet rewarding job
Case Manager (Current Employee), Clarksburg, WVJune 8, 2013
Pros: benefts, flexibility
Cons: lack of compensation for amount of work required
This job requried a lot of wear and tear on my vehicle. I did enjoy interacting with the clients and becoming familiar with mental illness. Benefts are a plus! There was an extreme lack of training for my position. My co-workers are amazing!
productive and fun with the cluents. helping them with everyday tasks.
BHT (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVMay 15, 2013
Pros: the work was easy and not dxhausting
Cons: midnight shift
I loved this job. It wasn't always about making money, but it was always about helping someone.
Rewarding field of employment
Staff Development (Current Employee), Clarksburg, WVApril 25, 2013
Pros: benefits, flexible schedule, teamwork
Cons: rate of pay
When starting with USC 12 years ago I took the position with the company as a "job". I have turned it into a career.
The personal gratification of assisting individuals, whether it be the population that we provide services for or staff in training, is high. Being a part of a team that works well together makes it easy to come in to the office daily.
Very Flexible/Great benefits
HR Clerk (Current Employee), Harrison CountyApril 19, 2013
Pros: flexibility, great work environment
Cons: advancement is minimal
I love my job and the people I work with. The company is very flexible when it comes to your schedule, especially when it involves your child. It is always satisfying when you can help someone get a job at the Summit Center and watch how they grow. The benefits are some of the best I have ever seen, the premiums and deductibles are low.
Family oriented and flexible
Human Resources (Current Employee), Clarksburg, WVApril 17, 2013
Pros: flexible, co-workers, benefits
Cons: advancement
I have worked for USC almost 14 years. My experiences here have been very positive. My children were very young when I started and USC has always been very understanding when it comes to family issues/activities. I have witnessed big changes/growth with the company, all of which have made the company more successful. My job specific, I enjoy very much. I get the opportunity to work with each and every staff member at some point, mostly positive. The department I work in, great teamwork, positive attitudes.
Great Place to Work!
BHT (Current Employee), Clarksburg, WVApril 17, 2013
Pros: steady work, good benefits
Summit is a great place to work if you enjoy working with people and helping people. Working with someone every day to complete a simple task and watching them complete it one day by their self.

United Summit Center Salaries