United Summit Center

United Summit Center Employer Reviews

USC Review
Case Manager (Current Employee), Clarksburg, WVFebruary 4, 2014
Working at United Summit Center is very challenging, but very rewarding. Many clients end up feeling like a part of your own family and others get test your limits, but at the end of the day it is very enjoyable assisting those in need.
Flexable Work environmnet
Case Manger (Current Employee), Harrison CountyNovember 9, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, great benfits, friendly atomsphere
Cons: sitting at computer for a duration of time, wear and tear on personal vechile.
I love working for this Company because There is a friendly atmosphere and everyone cares about each other. Flexible Schedule for Families, Single parents. I would recommend United Summit Center to everyone. rather you are Direct Care Staff or the CEO. This is a great place to work. This is the first time I have worked in the mental health field, but – more... I enjoy what I do and enjoy making a difference in some one's life. If you want to make a difference in someone else life. Look in to the United Summit Center – less
USC
I/DD Title XIX Waiver Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Weston, WVSeptember 5, 2013
USC is not a good company to work for due to constant contradictions from management. I do not believe that they have the clients' best interests in mind. They are all about making money and would put that in front of a clients' needs.
Great business
BHT (Former Employee), Weston, WVJuly 1, 2013
Great place to work if you enjoy working with people. Staff is very nice and helpful. I really enjoyed working there.
Stressful, yet rewarding job
Case Manager (Current Employee), Clarksburg, WVJune 8, 2013
Pros: benefts, flexibility
Cons: lack of compensation for amount of work required
This job requried a lot of wear and tear on my vehicle. I did enjoy interacting with the clients and becoming familiar with mental illness. Benefts are a plus! There was an extreme lack of training for my position. My co-workers are amazing!
productive and fun with the cluents. helping them with everyday tasks.
BHT (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVMay 15, 2013
Pros: the work was easy and not dxhausting
Cons: midnight shift
I loved this job. It wasn't always about making money, but it was always about helping someone.
Rewarding field of employment
Staff Development (Current Employee), Clarksburg, WVApril 25, 2013
Pros: benefits, flexible schedule, teamwork
Cons: rate of pay
When starting with USC 12 years ago I took the position with the company as a "job". I have turned it into a career.
The personal gratification of assisting individuals, whether it be the population that we provide services for or staff in training, is high. Being a part of a team that works well together makes it easy to come in to the office daily.
Very Flexible/Great benefits
HR Clerk (Current Employee), Harrison CountyApril 19, 2013
Pros: flexibility, great work environment
Cons: advancement is minimal
I love my job and the people I work with. The company is very flexible when it comes to your schedule, especially when it involves your child. It is always satisfying when you can help someone get a job at the Summit Center and watch how they grow. The benefits are some of the best I have ever seen, the premiums and deductibles are low.
Family oriented and flexible
Human Resources (Current Employee), Clarksburg, WVApril 17, 2013
Pros: flexible, co-workers, benefits
Cons: advancement
I have worked for USC almost 14 years. My experiences here have been very positive. My children were very young when I started and USC has always been very understanding when it comes to family issues/activities. I have witnessed big changes/growth with the company, all of which have made the company more successful. My job specific, I enjoy very much. – more... I get the opportunity to work with each and every staff member at some point, mostly positive. The department I work in, great teamwork, positive attitudes. – less
Great Place to Work!
BHT (Current Employee), Clarksburg, WVApril 17, 2013
Pros: steady work, good benefits
Summit is a great place to work if you enjoy working with people and helping people. Working with someone every day to complete a simple task and watching them complete it one day by their self.
ENVIRONMENT IS A JOKE AND IMPORTANT ISSUES ARE PUSHED TO THE SIDE BECAUSE ADMINISTRATION DOES NOT WANT TO DEAL WITH IT
Crisis Worker (Current Employee), Clarksburg, WVMarch 12, 2013
Pros: 8:30am- 5:00pm monday-friday
Cons: no room for promotion, just more job titles added with no additional pay, productivity bonuses come months later, gas mileage compensation is horrible, security at facility is non-existent
COME IN AT 8:30AM, REMAIN AT MY DESK FOR CRISIS PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS, RECEIVE A 30MINUTE LUNCH BREAK, WHICH IS UNPAID, SO WE ARE TECHNICALLY HERE FOR 8 AND A HALF HOURS, COME BACK OR FINISH LUNCH IN MY OFFICE WHILE CONTINUING TO WORK. SOMETIMES RUN CLIENTS TO THEIR DESTINATIONS, TAKE CARE OF CRISIS SITUATIONS IN OTHER CO-WORKERS OFFICES DUE TO THE – more... CLIENT HAVING A BEHAVIOR. THE HARDEST PART IS BEING ASKED TO DO SOMETHING THAT IS OUTSIDE OF YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION OR SOMEONE ELSE JOB DUE TO THE FACT THAT THEY DID NOT DO IT. THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB IS CONSULTING GRIEVING PEOPLE. THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE SAID TO MAKE THEIR LOVED ONE COME BACK. – less
typical day
Health technician (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVMarch 5, 2013
Pros: spending time with a good person
Cons: getting no sleep
i go to a clients house help them clean cook and take care of themselves. after they do what they had to learn for that typical day we hang out watch tv until it time to take their meds and go to bed, while they were in bed. i would clean the whole house what they didnt do.
Productive and Caring Company
CSW, Van / Bus Driver, Scils Program Instructor (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVOctober 2, 2012
Pros: helping others, compassion, world history, cultureal differences, being able to get a smile or laugh from others in need
Cons: loosing a client who passed away
worked with clients providing personal care, assisting with daily task, along with medical instructions provided by nurding staff and physicians.
Provided active listening and compassion to help medical staff be aware of any concerns, or changes needed to be addressed at future appointments.
Management was caring, and assisted as needed.
Co-workers – more... assisted if needed and available.
Hardest part of job was when you had a client who passed away
Enjoyable part of job was learning about each clients experiences they had in life – less
Enjoyed the postion
Managerial Liaison (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVJune 20, 2012
Pros: working with people
Cons: low pay
I really enjoyed working with the MR/DD population and famililes.