United Supermarkets Employee Reviews

A good job for someone starting out.
Cashier (Current Employee), Dumas, TXAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules, friendly management, nice work enviroment
Cons: Standing all day, minimum pay
This job is almost ideal for high school students. Very flexible on hours, easy job, decent pay for the job. It is not enough to support someone who has bills however.
Great place to work!!!
Asst. Service Manager (Former Employee), Burkburnett, TexasAugust 3, 2015
Started when I was 15 and went all the way to a management position. I have nothing but praises for this job. Can't recommend it enough.
General
Cashier (Former Employee), Abilene, TXJuly 6, 2015
It was okay, breaks were on time usually, other employees were nice, managers were pretty nice, pretty easy job. Ran register, handled money, provided customer service
Good Workplace for a First Job
Sacker (Current Employee), Abilene, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: Good Co-Workers, Good Management, Very Good at Working Around Schedules
Cons: Short Breaks, Long Periods of Standing, Some Janitorial Duties
United is a good place to start out! As a sacker, you have to put the guests groceries in bags and take them out to their car while talking to the guest the entire time. If it is, slow you are expected to clean the registers and refill the sacks. You aren't allowed to sit or lean except for on your minute break which your legs will get used to after a few days. You'll get a different schedule every week, but they're very flexible with it. The other workers are by far the best part because of the great community it has.You get paid every Friday, but you don't get a great paycheck with minimum wage, nor do you get very many hours. I am very glad that I worked here as it taught me a lot, introduced me to new friends, and put some money in my wallet!
Fun place to work along with a safe environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Dalhart, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: Hours, people
Cons: pay rate, short breaks
A typical day at work involved counting my money before stepping out onto the floor to assist customers. While working for this company, I learned that the customers come first in all situations. My co-workers were my favorite part of my job, after the customers of coarse, but my co-workers were easy to work with and kept me motivated throughout my experience.
This job had a wonderful environment as well as ultimate customer service.
Food Service Clerk (Current Employee), Canyon, TXJune 2, 2015
Working for this company was a privilege for me. The work environment was energetic and positive. They encouraged us to do our best in a manner that I had never been exposed to before. The most evident detail about the United culture is their goal to strive for ultimate customer service. It is what sets them apart from similar competitors.
Exceptional Communication experience
Grocery (Former Employee), Enid, OKMay 27, 2015
Pros: Exciting work place
Cons: Uneven comensation ratio
Each day at United Supermarkets presented a new set of challenges, making every day like it was something new. In addition to this, the skills that would be developed though necessity, such as communication and problem-solving skills, prove to be invaluable.
I loved working for you!!
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Dumas, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: Had the chance to help lots of people!
Cons: I had to go on maternity leave
I very much enjoyed working for you and your company!! Very wonderful!! :) The management was fun knew when to work and play! The co-workers were amazing!!! The hardest part was having to put in my 2 weeks I had to go because I was pregnant and fixing to pop! but I would love to come back!!
A horrible place
produce clerk (Former Employee), Hereford, TxMay 24, 2015
Pros: United is a good company
Cons: but hereford managers don't know how to run a store lol
Was fun at first but everyone is drama and the managers don't know how to run a store! They promise u all kinds of stuff before ur actually hired but none of it is true lol it's the worst company anyone could work for in hereford tx
Awesome place to work.
Service Manager (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXMay 20, 2015
The management is great and there is always room for advancement within the company. Everyone helps each other out. Everyone smiles and talks to one another especially to guests. You learn something new everyday.
team work
Sacker/Stocker (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: they are concerned if an employee has eated or taken a break
The managers are team players and care for there employees. They have trust and it's a fair game. They work with you if you are a student whether it be college or high school
Friendly, Enjoyable Place to Work
Book-keeper (Current Employee), Dumas, TXMay 11, 2015
United has always been good to me, from my beginning college years to the present. People are nice, friendly, and willing to help. There are some issues with management that come and go every now and then, but it's nothing that doesn't happen at any other workplace.
Great company to work for, Alot of oppurtunities
manager/cake decorater (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMay 1, 2015
For the most part I loved my job, We were left alone because we knew what needed to be done. I received alot of great feedback from loyal customers. Management was ok in some areas, but needed to get somethings in order.
Productive/fun workplace. Worked well with my going to school and participating in sports
Checker/Sacker (Former Employee), Canyon, TXApril 29, 2015
United Supermarkets is very flexible working with employees' availability, and helps assure the right person for the right job.
My most enjoyable part of my job
Front End Lead (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 26, 2015
Pros: flexibe hours, co-workers, management
Cons: short breaks, safey concerns
Working for United has allowed me to grow as an individual. I have learned how to apply my skills and use them to advance while having fun at the same time. I enjoy that I am able to volunteer with UCREW to raise money for other organizations, such as Relay for Life, Susan G. Komen, and local scholarships.
there is no play time we just work
produce clerk (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 20, 2015
stand on my feet for 7-8 hours cutting fruits and vegetables working in al cold environment heavy lifting of cases of pineapples or watermelons and melons also in the cooler of 32 degrees have to be in and out
Small-town grocery store with a small-town charm
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Graham, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good atmosphere
Cons: Management very demanding
Worked in meat department, stocking counters with frozen and refrigerated meats, fresh meats as needed. Management was exacting and perfectionist but the store ran smoothly. Was given the opportunity to learn meat cutting but circumstances dictated otherwise.
United Supermarkets is a good place to learn
Assistant Store manager (Current Employee), Woodward, OKApril 14, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: Pays no overtime and they expect you to work overtime
A typical day is very unpredictable, as a manager there is a lot of stress and hard work. I learnt to be myself and let no one run me down.
First Job
Sacker, Cashier (Former Employee), Burkburnett, TXApril 11, 2015
I would go back to United in a heartbeat. Management cares for their employees. They are easy to work with the schedule if needed be. Good environment to be in. Customers are friendly and staff as well.
United is a good company.
Food Service Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Graham, TXMarch 19, 2015
Pros: the benefits
Cons: it is hard work, but i don't mind.
A typical morning for me is to check the catering orders, the schedule, to see who is scheduled when for the day, check the emails (we have to watch for any food recalls). I then go around and talk to my employees and see if they need any help.