United Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Checker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  West, TXApril 20, 2017
United has helped mold me into the young I have become today. I am so thankful that I get to work with such awesome employees and management. We work hard at giving our guests 100% each day, and I am glad that I get to be a part of that.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
No healthcare for part time employees
Severely underpaid. Not a hard job by any means.
Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 20, 2017
Spent 7 years at United, 4 as assistant manager. The pay rates are some of the worst I've ever seen. Management making $9 an hour, department heads who have been with the company 20+ years making not quite $14 an hour (salaried but working 50-60 hours a week). Drama EVERYWHERE, it's like a highschool. Favoritism is rampant.

OK place to work if you're willing to settle.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Horrible pay, retail, drama
Produce
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 14, 2017
I Stock the Floor as well as Fresh Cut an make shore everything is up an ready to sail but my main goal is help the community as well as serve the Good Lord with Good deeds....
Inconsistent and Unconcerned
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 13, 2017
The management was inconsistent and ever-changing, the HR department ignored complaints, and benefits were routinely denied. Many employees refused to pull their weight and were not penalized.
Productive and Steady paced area
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Snyder, TXApril 12, 2017
I enjoyed working at United Supermarkets, it was such a self warming environment, the customers were super sweet and always had a story to tell. Team members were extremely cooperative and the managers were very understanding.
Terrible place to work
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 5, 2017
My salary was found out and told to IT department. I was scrutinized for everything. I could not make mistakes. I was under the microscope all the time. I was unfairly judged and over-worked, yet not cared for as a person.
Fast place to work at enjoyed it, learned a lot.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 2, 2017
This company was a very family place to be part of. I enjoyed picking up skills that would help me out later in my retail fild. They go out of their way to help you any way. And they work as a team.
Pros
all ways smiling, working as a team
Cons
mixed hours.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 1, 2017
The Management and Staff make it easy for College students with the flexible schedules. They are very supportive and like to look for leaders and promotions within the company as well.
Great Co-workers, Management has favorites
Sacker (Former Employee) –  Clyde, TXMarch 29, 2017
Great place to work for a first job, get to talk to and greet guests. I've learned a lot about organization, and the work environment. The management could notice more of who is and isn't working. Some days you might have to pick up the slack of other sackers or stay later than scheduled if the manager doesn't allow you to leave
Fun place to work
Customer Service/Sacker (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 28, 2017
Typical day at work was running the service counter. Answering phone calls. Counting teals and balancing the safe every night and morning. I loved all of my managers and it was very fun place to work. I meet so many people which made everyday a fun day.
Pros
fun, learned alot
Cons
not enough money
Great first job
Cashier, Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 27, 2017
Working for United was fun. It was my first job, a great place to learn about the importance of customer service, and the place responsible for the beginning of many of my most cherished friendships.
Good start up job for kids in school
Sacker (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXMarch 27, 2017
There's not much to say about United Supermarkets. It's a good start up job if you're still in school and looking for some extra cash. Schedule will vary but the environment is friendly.
Pros
Pay Checks come weekly
Cons
Schedule will eat up time if you're in high school
Miserable.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mangum, OKMarch 27, 2017
I hated this place. It was very poorly run by the front end managers, there was drama everywhere, and if you weren't one of the managers favorites then you had to do all the work while the favorites sat in the office with the manager.
Great job if you love boxes
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 27, 2017
Great pay and improves work ethic. Working as night stock makes you apprieciate the grocery store more because your the one to clean it and stock every item...and the store will always look nice because of you.
It is a great place for a highschool kids and just a regular daily job.
Assistant Manager of Produce (Current Employee) –  Snyder, TX 79549March 22, 2017
Working at United Supermarkets has been a great experience! The work itself is not hard to do and depending on the day will determine the pace you have to work.
Pros
Depend on the situation
Cons
Small pay unless you are just starting or need a job.
Walking in and out of store with baskets
Provide customer service by sacking groceries (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 20, 2017
I would go to work and clock in and immediately start carrying out groceries for people and I learned how to cope in all types of weather and It made me good talking to people
Pros
Easy access to food
Cons
Not full time
United Supermarkets
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Borger, TXMarch 17, 2017
This is not a place to work if you are trying to balance a hectic life and work. When I was hired on, I was told I would be getting 30-35 hours and week and would work close to the same schedule everyday. Neither of those things happened. I never received over 21 hours and they changed my schedule every week.
Great Place
Scan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 17, 2017
Great place to work. Very flexible and easy going. Can't wait to see what the new remodel will bring to town. Everyone in the office is very friendly.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Manager, no longer there.
Great entry level job
Night Stocker Assisstant Lead (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 13, 2017
If you are just starting out they are an incredible company to work for, great flexibility on scheduling if you're in high school or college. Benefits could have been better.
Pros
flexibility with scheduling
benefits
Amazing Team
Produce clerk (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 11, 2017
The produce department at the united on 82nd is amazing. The management are very nice and make sure you learn your job correctly. Everyone is nice and friendly. They make you feel part of a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.