United Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Productive, and positive workplace
customer service, bagged groceries (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 17, 2018
Very positive attitudes there. Managers were great to all employees, and very understanding with schedules. No room for advancement unless full-time, lack of pay.
Horrible management!! 🤔
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Seminole, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Management isn't friendly doesn't listen and talks about people in an unprofessional way. Also picks favorites and treats employees unfairly. The store is very dirty. You don't get long enough break.
Would have been great job if not for hateful coworkers and inconstancy of policies
FS clerk (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 14, 2018
Store 526 needs definitely improvement in management and policies
Too much inconstancy in policies and the store needs front of house management as well as back
I have a disability and feel like I was given an unfair chance
Also I don’t think an employee should get chewed out in front of customers
Great Place, Low pay
Sacker (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 9, 2018
United was a great starter job as a 15 year old, but when I went back to work there a couple of months ago they wanted to have me at minimum wage when before I left I was making higher. They overall pay wasn't good
Pros
fun place
Cons
low pay
Fun work place
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 9, 2018
It's a great work environment, and the staff really wants to help. They work together and have events for the staff and families. If you are a people's person then this is your job.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
Not enough pay
Checker/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 1, 2018
Great experience, loving staff, great environment. Working at a supermarket was a very humbling experience. It was my first job so it was the start of my hard work ethic and also the time I fell in love with a pay check.
Stockman/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 31, 2018
I love my United family. Great place for college and high school students. Great working environment with excellent management team. I worked in several different departments and have enjoyed being a part of the team.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
not enough hours or full time positions
Good job to meet alot of people
Cashier/Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 30, 2018
This job was y first job and taught me a lot about working with others. The pay was not all that good due to the fact of my age and the job market at the time .
Pros
Again just getting to meet new people everyday.
overall a good experience
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 30, 2018
accounting duties performed, weekly and quarterly responsibilites. overall a good experience considering it was my first real job. did not like working the holidays and saturdays.
Pros
inside, fir pay, good benefits
Cons
had to work a lot of holidays
Overnight Stocking
Overnight Stocker+ (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 25, 2018
Low pay, no benefits, stocking overnight was enjoyable. Hours varied from 20-30 hours a week. Paid weekly. Fast paced and not much heavy lifting. Good place to work
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Low pay
Great place
Cashier/ Produce Clerk/ sacker/ produce stocker (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Honest place to work and got to meet amazing people we never had a problem with working with my schedule and they where just friendly amazing people..
Laid back work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Altus, OKJanuary 22, 2018
The work place was laid back and fairly easy, at times the pace is up beat. As long as you can keep up when the pace picks up you will be fine. The job is not hard and the management is easy to get a long with as long as you do your job.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not very many benefits
United is like a family !
Bookkeeper/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Canyon, TXJanuary 19, 2018
The manager are very understanding with the employee's situation and the work environment is as great as a big family. Great working environment. No complaints. Although it can be vary through out different store but the one I worked at was absolutely amazing !
Pros
flexible hours. great management. nice working environment
Cons
paid.
Horrible pay.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canyon, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Great job for a high school student, 7.25 to start annual raise. Hours are based on performance. Hours are inconsistent through the week, management does work with schedule.
Amarillo
ASSISTANT DELI MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Always fun happy employees and guests. Always willing to lend a hand and help with team work.
Good food and great managements
Good hours and medium paced.
good for a first time job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Clinton, OKJanuary 16, 2018
good first job but not likely a place for a good career, mainly because of poor management. they don't pay as much as I feel they should either. if those things changed it would be a good work place.
Terrible manager
Night Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJanuary 15, 2018
management was terrible no opportunity for advancement unless you are in great standing with management. very stressful, not very family oriented. good company overall
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
United super markets
Sacker (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 13, 2018
Sacking groceries for all customers helping stock shelves and keeps stores shelves cleaning facing items to keep store organized coming to work cleanly dressed
Pros
Cons
short breaks low pay poor management
overwhelming
Sacker,Checker,Service Desk Clerk, Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 12, 2018
The worst part would be you're given more of a work load you can handle in a short amount of time. The holidays are pretty hectic, which is understandable, however more product is given to the departments regardless of the season and is expected to complete that on top of other tasks as well as cutting labor in the process. This is for all employees, not just the clerks but managers as well. On the plus side, regardless of department, United has usually been pretty flexible on hours, except around the holidays. Most of the employees are much more friendly than any other grocery store I've ever been in. It's definitely a place that cares ultimately for its customers.
Great team work with a positive work environment
Cashier/Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Canyon, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Our mission was to give our costumers the best experience, by facilitating their shopping trip with excellent customer service. Every team member worked hard to accomplish this goal. Everyone was given the equal opportunity to move up in the company, which made it fair. The managers worked very well around my college schedule, which facilitated everything I had going on. I am very grateful for the opportunities that were handed to me by this company.