United Surgical Partners International

United Surgical Partners International Employee Reviews

Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 16, 2017
I love my job at TLC of lady lake, great place to learn a lot from my coworkers and my bosses are super nice with everyone and treat everyone with respect.........
Cons
great enviroment
dont do it!!
cash poster (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 2, 2017
this place is a joke! I was not fired. I quit. it was torture. not worth it. they allow harassment there..all kinds!!!. management doesn't care about you. just meeting goals.
Cons
poor managment, toxic, back stabbing
Very hostile work environment by upper management
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 14, 2017
Great coworkers and wonderful patients, but the administrators do not value their staff. The administrator at MSC and CSSC is not qualified to be in that position. Treat their employees very badly. This is a very unhealthy place to work. No room for advancement, low pay and you can forget about raises
Pros
Great coworkers and patients
Cons
Administrator is horrible and does not value her staff
Good place
PRN Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 12, 2017
PRN at this facility but truly enjoy working for them. They are a smaller facility and not as overwhelming as a large hospital. The entire staff are courteous. They have monthly cupcakes to celebrate bdays and send a nice card to your home to recognize your bday.
Management needs training
Business office (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 12, 2017
Absolutely no reason for management to reprimand an employee in front of everyone. The Business Office Manager has no idea how to do her job. You'll never knoe who your supervisor is but you'll be asked to survey them. Stressful environment if you're not within their "click". You will never get a 40 hour check because they always close early.
Pros
Co workers are friendly
Cons
Poor Management, unfair treatment of employees, doing a job that you're not qualified for, care more about money than the patients
Good for short term.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 6, 2017
If you need the money, then go for it, but keep applying elsewhere. Management is a joke, and corporate is unrealistic. All anyone cares about is getting in as many patients as possible, whether the staff can handle the amount does not matter. As far as the office itself, favoritism is ridiculous, and so is the gossip and backstabbing.
Pros
No weekends.
Cons
Everything else.
Great work place!
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Trophy Club, TXMay 25, 2017
I came from a position where I was constantly stressed and bullied to a job that I am happy to go to! My manager is friendly and always willing to explain something if I'm not 100% sure about it. The others in the office are just as nice and the environment is relaxed and fun
Pros
Free lunches low stress
Great Company with Great Culture
Manager, Communications (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXMay 9, 2017
I've worked at USPI for over 5 years and it has been great every step of the way. I get to work in every aspect of the company and interact with different people on a daily basis. The flexibility is great and benefits are fantastic. The culture is very family oriented and management will do whatever they can to make sure you are happy and in a role that makes sense for your future.
Pros
Flexibility, Benefits, People
Cons
Not structured well for advancement
Great Experience
Home Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 21, 2017
I have worked at USPI for almost a year and have truly enjoyed my experience. It is refreshing to work for a company that has humble leaders interacting on a first-person basis with the field.

Professional development is an increasing focus, as well as culture enhancement in the wake of rapid growth the last two years. It is easy to see that all departments are dedicated to ensuring satisfaction for both our patients and our employees.

This company is definitely heading towards greater and greater achievements!
Pros
Professional development, intentionality, leadership
Cons
Obstacles from rapid growth
Nice place to work.
Project Coordinator at Home Office (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 13, 2017
I have worked at the home office for 5 years in multiple departments. I've been lucky to have very good managers in every role and it makes a big difference. Senior management makes an effort to know as many names and faces as possible as well as interact with employees. Departments are pretty siloed but I think that is the case everywhere. Flexibility is great.
Pros
Great work/life balance and flexibility. Good benefits. Great people.
Cons
Hard to know what job advancement looks like in some roles and departments.
Great Company with Great People
Operations (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2017
USPI has been, by far, one of the best places that I have ever worked. The company is very family oriented and the culture is that of an extended family.

I feel that the work that I do is valuable and that my opinions and ideas are valued.

I believe that a company is only as good as its leaders and I think USPI really takes the time to put the right leaders in place so that they hire the right staff to help the company thrive.

The company offers competitive pay and benefits and opportunities for career progression and advancement.

Great place to work.
Pros
Great work/life balance, competitive pay, great healthcare benefits, great leadership
Cons
Rapid rate of growth which leads to needed infrastructure attention
Great company with a strong family-oriented company culture.
Leadership Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2017
I have been working at USPI for over a year, and it has been an incredible experience. Management is extremely supportive and invested in my growth. I am constantly being challenged and feel that my work is valued. I look forward to continuing my growth at this company.
Many advancement and training opportunities
Leadership Development Program (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2017
I have been very lucky to be a part of a company that cares about its employees and provides them with the proper training and advancement opportunities.
I believe USPI values its team members and truly believes in growing its own talent. We work very hard to provide patients with quality care but we also push for a work life balance.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
stressful environment at times
Believe the reviews
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2017
What's being said here is exactly how it goes, little to no training and expectations are set too high for what's invested in your salary. I took a role based on friends in another state. I went from being a highly respected employee at my previous employer to cannon fodder. For some unknown reason I've been targeted by a manager, the feedback is usually verbal with no documentation. I'm in a constant state of concern that I'll be let go, with my track record and expertise this is unacceptable. Stay away
Pros
No call no weekends
Cons
Unprofessional, bullying, favoritism
Worst place ever!!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville SpinalApril 4, 2017
If you like sxl harassment that is laughed at by management when reported, constant harassment by management, favortism, bias, degradation, nepotism, micromanagement, illegal activities, then this is the place for you. Management is not qualified for the positions that they have. Heavy favortism. Constant harassment by the administrator. Unless you are desperate for a job, don't do it. Not worth it.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Management Needs Help
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 1, 2017
Co-workers were excellent people which made going to work enjoyable. Leadership micromanaged everyone. Frequently felt at risk of loosing job and under a microscope. Leadership cares more about the company and costs than its employees. Poor communication between heads of departments. Policy/procedures would change frequently and no clear way of communicating to employees of the changes.
Pros
Co-workers, culture, benefits
Cons
Management, Communication
Beware of this place!!! Look somewhere else
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2017
Worked for USPI in Phoenix, horrible leadership, very corrupt and if your not in their club they will bus roll you. HR is a joke and the CEO allows it, he is an idiot supporting an idiot. Support staff are pretty good but they have to deal with the stupidity of HR so if they need anything she either does not respond or gives the wrong answer...beware of this place!
Pros
Good cafe
Cons
Leadership is awful
Loved working for the company, retired due to relocation
Charge Entry/BIller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 16, 2016
USPI is a great company to work for. I've worked there and learned a lot also the employees was very friendly and helpful. I got home sick and wanted to be closer to my family so I decided to move back to Chicago.
Pros
Free lunches, gift cards, presents, birthday celebrations, employee celebrations
Cons
change of managers who didnt know the system.
Tops Breast Center
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2016
USPI, there's not much I can say about it as a whole, but Tops Breast Center is horrible. Such a bad company. Well, not the company, but the people running it. There's favoritism all over all over the place. You're not liked if you're not in the "cliques". They will blame things on you just to cover their butts. I wouldn't recommend Tops Breast Center to anyone.
Benefits
Cons
Favortism, "caddiness", makes up excuses not to give raises
Poor management. Bully, discrimination, bias,
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 1, 2016
The majority of staff I work with do not qualify for the position, it's who you know not what you know. Bad manager decisions, if she like you, you can ask for the moon and you will get it. She always uses her power to bully you. Only white people gets benefits.
Pros
Bad managers
Cons
Good benefit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Surgical Partners International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7