United Surgical Partners International Employee Reviews in United States

Good Place to work
Radiology Tech, GI Tech, LensX Tech (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOFebruary 20, 2016
I liked working for USPI but there was no room for advancement. I was able to cross train in many different areas. My co-workers were amazing and very helpful. Management was good.
Pros
friendly people strong staff
Cons
no room for advancement
Quick to hire, also quick to fire.
business office (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 16, 2015
I worked here for less than a year. They fired two people within the same week. Training is almost non-existent. The people in leadership should NOT have their jobs. Too many cliques within organization. Revolving door policy is obvious. Tendency to hire certain races is obvious.
Pros
Great benefits (health, vision, and dental). Good hours. Only 15 minutes from home.
Cons
Leadership, specifically the CFO.
Not a good company !!
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  CAJuly 30, 2016
I worked for this company for over ten years.
I was dedicated always willing to learn.
I went the distance for them. Then one day I was called into the administrators office and was given my walking papers. I had been bullied prior to this by management and had now where to turn. The bottom line I had reached the max pay for my position and benefits. They brought someone else in for less pay and non benefitted. This company has no loyalty to its employees!! Managment only cares about the bottom line and looking good at the expense of dedicated employees!!
I should have filed a law suite against them for wrongful termination. I know of one employee who recently won a judgment against this company for wrongful termination and age discrimination!! If you are considering a management position with this company be forewarned!! One more thing be prepared to having your hours cut at any given time at the discretion of management. It's all about the numbers for them not the employees!!!!!!!!
Don't be fooled by the great schedule!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 22, 2016
Horrible place to work. You are responsible for 40+patients a day with no aid or help. You have to recover, get snacks, chart, ambulate patients and take them outside to their vehicle while your other patients your responsible for are inside in the recovery room. The company doesn't care what's going in your personal life and will not give you a day off when your children are sick. Worst company I've ever worked for! Beware! The hours in Saginaw mi sound great but it's not worth it! Very clicky and if your not part of it they will make your work day miserable. Managers allow this and are part of the click to.
Pros
Mon-thurs schedule
Cons
To many to post
Benefits/schedule are great!
Do person (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 16, 2016
Serious double standards. What works for one isn't true across the board. Although the pay and benefits are good....it's depends on how much brown nosing you do to make things work on a daily basis. Lots of pass the buck type workers.
Pros
Centered for closeness to shopping, home, and easy commute
Cons
Concerns being ignored
Avoid at all costs. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2016
Have only been there 8 months but it has been brutal. Poor management. Terrible and inconsistent communication. Not interested in fixing problems - only interested in fixing blame. I have never spent more time in meetings and doing less work than I have here. If it weren't for the benefits, which are excellent, I would have walked out the first day. I don't even know who my direct supervisor is.
Pros
Benefits are excellent
Cons
Just about everything else
Don't believe the hype
Payment Poster (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXMay 1, 2016
I wouldn't recommend working at the Addison location as a biller or payment poster. Favoritism is high, you get promoted from sucking up and kissing tail. Management doesn't care about you or what you have going on, they only care about the work load. They don't listen to your concern/complaint but be quick to say they have an open door policy. HR won't talk to you and will force you to speak with your manager even if the problem is with your manager.
Pros
6am early shift
Fair Front Office, Horrible clinical supervisor
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 30, 2016
Clinical Supervisor RD very unprofessional. Talks about other staff members to other employees. Worries about what everyone is doing around her and not about the patients needs. Worries too much about office staff when its not her business. Is not management material. Very hateful, verbally harassing, rude.
Benefits
Cons
no breaks, barely get lunch
If you can find a similar position elsewhere, go for it.
Scheduling Specialist/Unit Clerk/Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2016
I was at my location for about a year and four months before they decided to terminate me. They are stating that it was for job abandonment, when it was not the case at all. The definition of job abandonment did not apply to my situation at all. I left on one manager's authority & when they admin/business office manager approached them about it, the manager in question retracted their statement & stated something completely different. The managers that say you can go when they don't obviously mean it, it's like they are looking for reasons to let you go if they don't like you. They don't have your back when it's most needed. It's too click'ish at times, and if you actually speak up for yourself and coworkers, you're on the short list and it's going to be a short time before they rid of you. Oh, and I've been trying to contact HR about this situation for some time, but still no response. So they seem to not care. Switched me into about 3-4 different positions within my time there too. Go somewhere else to work if you can. Open-door policy, ha.
Pros
Benefits (for the most part), some coworkers
Cons
Too much of a clique-like environment, no room for advancement at my location, retractment of management statements, LOTS of contradictions occur too.
The worst place for a sterile processing tech. Kingwood,TX
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMay 19, 2016
The Kingwood, TX location for sterile processing is the worst. Your hired as full time days position, It's supposed to be an outpatient surgery center, but then all of a sudden, it's a hospita.. But you end up coming in at various hours. 630am, 800am, or 10am until whenever they are finished, which could be up to 2am. Yes, 2 in the morning. So you don't know when your getting off. It's like working as a Mover for a moving company. Your basically set up for failure. You work with one other full time person and maybe another PRN person to help with the overload of surgeries going on. The scrub techs blame their mishaps on you. Some are nice, But most are terrible. You are thrown under the bus all the time for everything that goes wrong with the instruments. They want you to be the Lead tech but they don't want pay you like a lead tech...16,50 an hour if your certified. Plus they talk to you like your a child. Very disrespectful. Even the cleaning crew that cleans the rooms after surgery are treated disrespectful . Beware. Oh and they are desperate, so go for your worth in pay if you decide to
Take the position. Good luck.
Pros
Benefiits, materials management staff are Awesome
Cons
Worst place to be a sterile processing tech
Staff was great to work with. Doctors were great. Management was overly concerned about hours and cost, than patient care or safety.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 26, 2016
Management would cut staffing and send everyone home to make budget. If you were full time you never get 40 hours. They are quick to change your schedule send you home just to hit the budget for labor.
Pros
Great coworkers and doctors
Cons
All about money and budget. Never get all your hours.
The managers here are liars and play favorit's they promise one thing but lie about it later
SPD Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas TXAugust 18, 2016
Run far away from this place sucks management is liars so don't trust what they tell you there is no training for spd techs plus they do things that put patients at risk daily .
Pros
Pay is ok
Corporate management
Collector (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 20, 2016
My manager at the Nashville CBO was great and very knowledgeable inspite her not receiving training. Senior management was terrible. Communications was horrible with corporate office. The entire CBO was laid off and No One seemed to care.
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
Senior management could care less about you. Favoritism in company with specific employees.
Under staffed
RN (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 5, 2016
Never enough staff and unsafe work environment.
Management will not attempt to assist in any way.Corprate has only one concern which is money.
Cons
Poor management
A fair place to work
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 6, 2015
A fair place to work. Compensation is fair but the work environment is too loud. Good work-life balance. Flexible time off.
excellent benefits
Corporate (Current Employee) –  BUSINESS OFFICEJuly 23, 2015
productive company with lots of opportunity to learn and grow as an individual. employee benefits are generous, but work/life balance can be hard to manage at times depending on staffing, position, and job duties.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
long hours at times
Ob/gyn
Back Office NCMA (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 31, 2016
The physician I worked for was amazing. I enjoyed the job and the other office staff and physicians. The OM at the time was rude and unfair, but an over all great job.
unfair management, lots of favortism & nothing but family working there
Biller-CC PAIN MEDICINE (Former Employee) –  CC, TXJune 2, 2015
You will NEVER get advancement due to manager's family working there. Lots of work for little pay! Micromanaging! Very unorganized. Billing does ALOT of managerial work besides just billing!!
Pros
closed weekends
Cons
little pay, benefits expensive, favortism
Good people, bad management no training
manager (Former Employee) –  denverMay 8, 2013
I was a manager I had good working staff. But it is upsetting place to be. Upper manager does not treat staff well. staff was unhappy, big turn over with staff .
No training just but into that postion and you are supposed to know what going on.
Pros
great staff work very hard
Cons
mirco management, no training long hours under pay
Great company culture and management
Physician Liaison (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2013
This is a great company to work for specially for an entry level sales position.
Pros
great benefits, good management support and car mile reimbursement
Cons
you have too many people to report to, you can't accomplish anything without the support of the asc's administrators or rvp.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Surgical Partners International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5