United Surgical Partners International

United Surgical Partners International Employee Reviews

Great Company with Great Culture
Manager, Communications (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXMay 9, 2017
I've worked at USPI for over 5 years and it has been great every step of the way. I get to work in every aspect of the company and interact with different people on a daily basis. The flexibility is great and benefits are fantastic. The culture is very family oriented and management will do whatever they can to make sure you are happy and in a role that makes sense for your future.
Pros
Flexibility, Benefits, People
Cons
Not structured well for advancement
Great Experience
Home Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 21, 2017
I have worked at USPI for almost a year and have truly enjoyed my experience. It is refreshing to work for a company that has humble leaders interacting on a first-person basis with the field.

Professional development is an increasing focus, as well as culture enhancement in the wake of rapid growth the last two years. It is easy to see that all departments are dedicated to ensuring satisfaction for both our patients and our employees.

This company is definitely heading towards greater and greater achievements!
Pros
Professional development, intentionality, leadership
Cons
Obstacles from rapid growth
Nice place to work.
Project Coordinator at Home Office (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 13, 2017
I have worked at the home office for 5 years in multiple departments. I've been lucky to have very good managers in every role and it makes a big difference. Senior management makes an effort to know as many names and faces as possible as well as interact with employees. Departments are pretty siloed but I think that is the case everywhere. Flexibility is great.
Pros
Great work/life balance and flexibility. Good benefits. Great people.
Cons
Hard to know what job advancement looks like in some roles and departments.
Great Company with Great People
Operations (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2017
USPI has been, by far, one of the best places that I have ever worked. The company is very family oriented and the culture is that of an extended family.

I feel that the work that I do is valuable and that my opinions and ideas are valued.

I believe that a company is only as good as its leaders and I think USPI really takes the time to put the right leaders in place so that they hire the right staff to help the company thrive.

The company offers competitive pay and benefits and opportunities for career progression and advancement.

Great place to work.
Pros
Great work/life balance, competitive pay, great healthcare benefits, great leadership
Cons
Rapid rate of growth which leads to needed infrastructure attention
Great company with a strong family-oriented company culture.
Leadership Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2017
I have been working at USPI for over a year, and it has been an incredible experience. Management is extremely supportive and invested in my growth. I am constantly being challenged and feel that my work is valued. I look forward to continuing my growth at this company.
Many advancement and training opportunities
Leadership Development Program (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2017
I have been very lucky to be a part of a company that cares about its employees and provides them with the proper training and advancement opportunities.
I believe USPI values its team members and truly believes in growing its own talent. We work very hard to provide patients with quality care but we also push for a work life balance.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
stressful environment at times
Believe the reviews
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2017
What's being said here is exactly how it goes, little to no training and expectations are set too high for what's invested in your salary. I took a role based on friends in another state. I went from being a highly respected employee at my previous employer to cannon fodder. For some unknown reason I've been targeted by a manager, the feedback is usually verbal with no documentation. I'm in a constant state of concern that I'll be let go, with my track record and expertise this is unacceptable. Stay away
Pros
No call no weekends
Cons
Unprofessional, bullying, favoritism
Worst place ever!!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville SpinalApril 4, 2017
If you like sxl harassment that is laughed at by management when reported, constant harassment by management, favortism, bias, degradation, nepotism, micromanagement, illegal activities, then this is the place for you. Management is not qualified for the positions that they have. Heavy favortism. Constant harassment by the administrator. Unless you are desperate for a job, don't do it. Not worth it.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Management Needs Help
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 1, 2017
Co-workers were excellent people which made going to work enjoyable. Leadership micromanaged everyone. Frequently felt at risk of loosing job and under a microscope. Leadership cares more about the company and costs than its employees. Poor communication between heads of departments. Policy/procedures would change frequently and no clear way of communicating to employees of the changes.
Pros
Co-workers, culture, benefits
Cons
Management, Communication
Beware of this place!!! Look somewhere else
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2017
Worked for USPI in Phoenix, horrible leadership, very corrupt and if your not in their club they will bus roll you. HR is a joke and the CEO allows it, he is an idiot supporting an idiot. Support staff are pretty good but they have to deal with the stupidity of HR so if they need anything she either does not respond or gives the wrong answer...beware of this place!
Pros
Good cafe
Cons
Leadership is awful
Loved working for the company, retired due to relocation
Charge Entry/BIller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 16, 2016
USPI is a great company to work for. I've worked there and learned a lot also the employees was very friendly and helpful. I got home sick and wanted to be closer to my family so I decided to move back to Chicago.
Pros
Free lunches, gift cards, presents, birthday celebrations, employee celebrations
Cons
change of managers who didnt know the system.
Tops Breast Center
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2016
USPI, there's not much I can say about it as a whole, but Tops Breast Center is horrible. Such a bad company. Well, not the company, but the people running it. There's favoritism all over all over the place. You're not liked if you're not in the "cliques". They will blame things on you just to cover their butts. I wouldn't recommend Tops Breast Center to anyone.
Benefits
Cons
Favortism, "caddiness", makes up excuses not to give raises
Poor management. Bully, discrimination, bias,
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 1, 2016
The majority of staff I work with do not qualify for the position, it's who you know not what you know. Bad manager decisions, if she like you, you can ask for the moon and you will get it. She always uses her power to bully you. Only white people gets benefits.
Pros
Bad managers
Cons
Good benefit
So glad I left
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 20, 2016
The majority of staff I worked with were great professionals, hard working and fun. Management was constantly changing. Upper level management would not listen to day to day needs for patient safety and care. They demonstrated their priorities and true company values by making everyone work on inventory days but cutting staff and shortening staff work hours on patient care days. There are definitely better employers than USPI. Look elsewhere. I'm glad I did. Better pay, better hours at another surgery center.
Pros
Lunch often provided
Cons
Frequent Manager changes - none would stay long
Management bullying tactics
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 6, 2016
Once you reach your goals, there are no growth potentials within the company.
If you are a devoted brown nose compatriot, then, you are given preferential treatments. The ones that actually work hard everyday are put in the meat grinder . Like it or leave it mentality.

I don't know where to really begin here, but please don't waste your time with this place, they will eat you alive and spit you out in a few days......
Pros
No such thing.
Cons
favoritism. lack of compassion from employees and management alike.

Comment – March 4, 2017

I worked with the same company for over 8 years of dedicated service, always worked hard. but I never was a brown nose compatriot so I was treated like crap and ended up leaving. I now work at a wonderful facility.

Don't be fooled by the great schedule!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 22, 2016
Horrible place to work. You are responsible for 40+patients a day with no aid or help. You have to recover, get snacks, chart, ambulate patients and take them outside to their vehicle while your other patients your responsible for are inside in the recovery room. The company doesn't care what's going in your personal life and will not give you a day off when your children are sick. Worst company I've ever worked for! Beware! The hours in Saginaw mi sound great but it's not worth it! Very clicky and if your not part of it they will make your work day miserable. Managers allow this and are part of the click to.
Pros
Mon-thurs schedule
Cons
To many to post
The managers here are liars and play favorit's they promise one thing but lie about it later
SPD Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas TXAugust 18, 2016
Run far away from this place sucks management is liars so don't trust what they tell you there is no training for spd techs plus they do things that put patients at risk daily .
Pros
Pay is ok
Not a good company !!
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  CAJuly 30, 2016
I worked for this company for over ten years.
I was dedicated always willing to learn.
I went the distance for them. Then one day I was called into the administrators office and was given my walking papers. I had been bullied prior to this by management and had now where to turn. The bottom line I had reached the max pay for my position and benefits. They brought someone else in for less pay and non benefitted. This company has no loyalty to its employees!! Managment only cares about the bottom line and looking good at the expense of dedicated employees!!
I should have filed a law suite against them for wrongful termination. I know of one employee who recently won a judgment against this company for wrongful termination and age discrimination!! If you are considering a management position with this company be forewarned!! One more thing be prepared to having your hours cut at any given time at the discretion of management. It's all about the numbers for them not the employees!!!!!!!!
Under staffed
RN (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 5, 2016
Never enough staff and unsafe work environment.
Management will not attempt to assist in any way.Corprate has only one concern which is money.
Cons
Poor management
If you can find a similar position elsewhere, go for it.
Scheduling Specialist/Unit Clerk/Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2016
I was at my location for about a year and four months before they decided to terminate me. They are stating that it was for job abandonment, when it was not the case at all. The definition of job abandonment did not apply to my situation at all. I left on one manager's authority & when they admin/business office manager approached them about it, the manager in question retracted their statement & stated something completely different. The managers that say you can go when they don't obviously mean it, it's like they are looking for reasons to let you go if they don't like you. They don't have your back when it's most needed. It's too click'ish at times, and if you actually speak up for yourself and coworkers, you're on the short list and it's going to be a short time before they rid of you. Oh, and I've been trying to contact HR about this situation for some time, but still no response. So they seem to not care. Switched me into about 3-4 different positions within my time there too. Go somewhere else to work if you can. Open-door policy, ha.
Pros
Benefits (for the most part), some coworkers
Cons
Too much of a clique-like environment, no room for advancement at my location, retractment of management statements, LOTS of contradictions occur too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Surgical Partners International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7