United Technologies Corporation Employee Reviews

Quick paced, Highly technical, Leaders in field
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 11, 2017
Roughly 9 hour workdays standard. Excellent Co-op program. Very interesting work in some departments, great learning resource. Great benefits for full time employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Culture and morale a bit low
Fun place to work
ENERGY OPERATION CENTER ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2017
Fun place to work, the culture is great,it is all about the competition, always do better. working with people from all around the world brings a new persepctive to the work being done
fun and productive work place with Great team players to work with
Team leader train new operator's on jobs (Current Employee) –  Huntington, INDecember 9, 2017
productive and fun got our orders out on time I built circuit boards for Carrier and great quality Enjoyed my job very much. I also Enjoyed the opportunity to grow and learn new jobs and grow as a team.
Cons
Amazing place to work but factory to Mexico
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INNovember 30, 2017
Company moving several production plants to mexico. Would have loved to kept working there as long as possible. Amazing coworkers. Great ability in job advancement.
Too many organizational change
Salary Position (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
Constant restructure; HR is all about company; Senior managers do not listen; Low compensation; Too many red tapes; Love the co-workers though; Would not recommend to work there.
Good, solid employment
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 19, 2017
My time at UTAS was great, although management was being churned frequently which was distracting. I was able to achieve a good work life balance but if there was something urgent there were no exceptions to get it done.
Pros
Immediate manager was great
Cons
Plant manager and staff had high turnover
Great Learning Experience
MAS Software Analyst (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 18, 2017
Working here has been a great learning experience. It is great to work with everyone and we all help each other when needed. Developers, Managers are great and help as need when needed.
Lack of Balance
Senior Program Manager Contractor thru TalentPro (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 18, 2017
Much more travel than their requirements for the position listed. And, having to pay for own travel up front and with frequency of travel you never catch up with reimbursements until you leave position.
Pros
People good to work with and interesting work.
Cons
Lack of Balance
UTC is a good place to work overall
Senior Systems and Software Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 17, 2017
United Technologies is a good place to work overall. Salaries are competitive and the people are great. Depending on your goals, there may be limited advancement opportunities, however.
Moral is bad and getting worse.
Avionics Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 15, 2017
Good pay and benefits but working conditions are horrible. No flexibility in daily work schedules, like a retail environment. Management is tyeranical, if you speak out you are chastised or terminated.
Automotive
Mold Operator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 13, 2017
Responsible for assuring that parts met quality standards for various automotive groups including GM and Toyota . Additionally packaged parts to ensure damage free deliveries and that orders were correct for final delivery to customer.
productive
Insertion Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INNovember 10, 2017
I would stay if they didnt move to Mexico. I liked the people I worked with for the short amount of time I was there. It was sad to go. I was crossed trained in all different departments before I left
Great Work Place
Engineer Tech (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 9, 2017
Gatger information on the parts we need in shipping otder and arranged tools and material to make it happened.we learned Form b clean room ethics along with quailty points to assure that we are following all the guidlines of the customer.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
need more merit raises
Mixed
Mechanical Assembler/Painter (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 7, 2017
The culture is awesome. Depending on your manager, work can be very fun and easygoing. Raises are often denied. Medical benefits cost have increased by a huge margin. Constant worry about layoffs.
Pros
full time, some good managers, laid back
Cons
does not care about people like they say they do, high price for healthcare
Corporate Ideals are NOT passed on to Business Units
Shared Business Services Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTNovember 6, 2017
Process Improvement and employee engagement policies, while preached and encouraged by executive management, are not taken seriously or implemented by Business Units and middle management.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of true management
Truly World Class
Engineer (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTNovember 3, 2017
Your experience at UTC will depend greatly on your manger, assigned projects, and product team. UTC is a world class company, their level of professionalism is extremely high. The company has world class benefits, such as the employee scholar program,and they have very competitive salaries. My advice to young employees - ensure you find a positive mentor and if you don't have one try to pivot to a group where you can get one. Be positive and take charge of your career, work hard and support your customers.
laid back and clean
Production Coordinator / Planner Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCOctober 27, 2017
very laid back great place to work just management is lacking. have been here for 14 years but the pay doesn't meet other places pay. always looking to improve and do more.
Pros
clean work area
Cons
management is lacking
Great management
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Hodges, SCOctober 25, 2017
I have been lucky to have had great managers thought my career.I have worked at three different sites which all had their challenges. UTC is a very dynamic company that constantly changes it's vision and product focus.
Pros
people
Cons
lack of business
Unstable
Sr. ACE Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 23, 2017
The biggest issue with UTAS in Colorado Springs is the constant change in leadership. Besides this, the company keeps poor performers and people with personality issues over people who work hard, are flexible and honestly want the company to succeed.
Pros
Decent pay, typical benefits.
Cons
No job security, constant changes in management.
Utas
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 23, 2017
Great Company to grow skills as a employee that will develop into talents.

Would recommend as a starting place out of college or as an intern in college.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Technologies Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.