united technologies

united technologies United States Employee Reviews

Very stable company who cares a lot about their employees!
Fabrication Technician (Former Employee), Coatesville, PAApril 2, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits, great working enviroment, lots of opportunities!
Cons: snow, lots of snow!
UTC/Sikorsky is a fantastic company who strives to do good business and take care of their employees at the same time. the company supplies quality tools to do your job , and if there is a tool you don't have they get it for you. Excellent management helps make this a great place to work! they also go above and beyond to reach out and help the community through the united way giving campaign among other charities. the employees all work hard as a team in helping each other to do a job well and make a great product. I cannot say enough good about this company, I only wish I could find that same opportunity here in the south!
Good benefits and management
Technical/Logistics Support Engineer (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 22, 2015
Pros: good benefits, salary
Cons: none.
Workers very friently and so management. Good work ethics and work environment conditions. Good employe recognition program/education program and benefits. Working conditions very good and security was very good for the customer.
The Project management Department
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: the staff
Cons: company could have been managed better from a gm perspective.
In regard to Onity, Inc, a subsidiary of United Technologies was a great company. However the General Manager position consistently had turnover. Each one that came on had their own idea of how the company should have been run, instead of learnng exactly who and what the company was all about. This was imperative! However each GM made their own assumption which contributed to the demise of the division.
Productive place that is not operating anymore.
Press Operator (Former Employee), Tyler, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: the people that i worked with.
Cons: little to zero family time!
Generally a typical work day consisted of ten hours. Fast paced work most of the time. The company decided to move operations to Mexico and that was the end of my tenure there.
Poor place to work
Engineer (Former Employee), Union, WVMarch 2, 2015
Cons: too many to name
Be careful about United Technologies. There is no work life balance. There is no comp time even if you work 90 hours in a week

Lying by management is the accepted norm

I heard they just down graded the medical plan
Detail Oriented
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Mebane, NCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: quick study
Hard working and self motivated individual. Quick learner, ready to make immediate contribution. Team player willing to be part of the long term growth of an organization. Time management and plan ahead to eliminate unforeseen problems. Resolution of issues and meeting deliverables to aid management in making informed decisions. Clarifying problems by engaging it's key stakeholders by driving to the root cause of the problem, determining the best possible outcome and it's measureable metrics.
Good company with excellent benefits
Director of Finance (Former Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: convenient location
Cons: they moved the offce to oregon
The work was challenging and rewarding. The company was flexible with schedules so work/life balance was good.

We were able to make significant process improvements and positively impact cross functional teaming.
very professional place
technician (Former Employee), Connecticut U. S. AJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: gym facility at work was a big charm .
Cons: too many layoffs in the company.
boss was very kind and able man. I learned so many things over there specially about safety issues .
Otis Florence SC Decent organization
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Florence, SCJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: there are good tools in place, company invests in people and the equipment, the move to sc allowed for a better layed out facility, new equipment, and some rejuvenation in techniques.
Cons: initial management, political environment where corporate seagulls tend to cr @p all over, the location florence is a not a place to live if you enjoy culture, there is a racial divide that exists in florence.
During the move to SC from Nogales, the GM and Vice GM were completely out of their league. Just prior to being released, they cut some people (scapegoats) for their utter failure to establish a project plan or establish accountability.

Core issues to the haphazard migration to SC were:
1. failure to establish a project plan.
2. failure to recognize the growing gap in needed production versus the output from the plants. Instead, Corporate Marketing/Sales picked up on it and then Corporate Management drove the recovery plan.
3. the GM and Vice GM ignored advice from the head of Supply Chain to avoid this.

Corp stepped in and replaced top management with people from a different division.
Productive and laid-back workplace with a gym
Temp Assignment (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: basketball 2hrs before work...never tired
Cons: short 10 min. breaks
I sat or stood and repackaged parts all day. Management always around, but they were great to work for.
Generally a good place to work. Sometimes too much politics.
material engineer (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Generally a good place to work. Sometimes too much politics.
Productive tons of growth oportunity
Financial Modeling Intern (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTJanuary 8, 2015
I enjoyed working here. There are a ton of opportunities for growth and learning. I the pay was great and I had great mentors and managers that supported my team. I would recommend this company to many hands down!
UTA had a great staff everyone was friendly and helped each other when needed.
receptionist (Former Employee), Columbia City, INJanuary 1, 2015
I worked from 8am to 4:30pm Monday thru Friday. I answered phone calls and processed mail and sent faxes daily. I learned how to get along with many different personalites and how to be professional in greeting callers and visitiors to the company. Management and my co-workers were professional and great to work with daily. I had no problems in completing my daily responsibilities. I enjoyed my my job at UTA as everyday was different due to dealing with different visitors and callers.
Great Company tons of growth opportunity
Process Certification Leader (Former Employee), Collierville, TNDecember 3, 2014
I learned a lot in regards to new product development, process improvement and leading Kaizen teams. My co-workers were amazing; we created a fun and friendly working environment for our associates. The most enjoyable part of the job was training and development opportunities.
Productive and Challenging
Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee), Newton, NCNovember 29, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no overtime
The job was always something different. With all the different applications and department, there was something new to learn every day. Learning any environment is always a challenge. The flow of work tickets was either very slow or so busy that I was just keeping up with the flow.
rocket tech.leadman
Lead Test Technician (Former Employee), Cape Canaveral, FLNovember 15, 2014
electrical and mechicail check-out of the USAF Titan III, 34D, and Titan 4 A launch vehicle
great corporate guidelines
Procurement Materials Analyst (Former Employee), Rockford, ILOctober 22, 2014
maintain LTA contracts
find new suppliers for production hardware
order and track hardware with suppliers
develop customer relations
hardest part was identifying rework of reject hardware
most enjoyable part was working with customers
Small town rual area
SENIOR COMMODITY MANAGER (Current Employee), Troy, OHOctober 21, 2014
lots of arts and charts all management driven from Conn long days
productive workplace
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Tyler, TXOctober 17, 2014
I enjoyed working with the people and the atmosphere was very pleasant
Responsible for assisting District Sales Manager merchandise product in sales district.
Seasonal Merchandiser (Former Employee), Northern, CAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: good pay; good work schedule; opportunities to advance.
Cons: large districts; lots of windshield time.
Great opportunity to work directly with a District Sales Manager and learn merchandising techniques. Collaborated with retail management to position product displays on sales floor to maximize sales.

1 2 3 4 5