united technologies Employee Reviews

UTC is a great company. Potential exists with their abundance of resources.
National Account Sales Executive/ OEM Sales (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNJanuary 26, 2016
UTC is a great organization. The people and management have talent. They have potential to advance in the security and iot technology world
Overall
AR analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntington, INDecember 10, 2015
I love the people and the relationships. The company offers great opportunities for their employees. They give you a lot to learn and they definitely help you evolve as an employee.
United Technologies
Manager of Financial Analysis (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 18, 2015
My position at UTC was constantly changing with the ebbs and flows of the business. I supported many business partners and worked directly with the CFO to support the company. I was selected to attend the corporations Leadership Forum and have enjoyed mentoring interns and new college graduates. I enjoy working both individually and as a team and look forward to expanding my experience while providing value to a new company.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Change in Management
Great benefits, wonderful people, just not the advancement I'm looking for at the time in life.
Inpection (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 10, 2015
Great company with wonderful benefits. Provides many of career opportunities for young adults. Does not offer the advancements I was looking for at the time in my life.
Benefits
Cons
Redundant
Good place to learn and get experience
Commodity Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 7, 2015
Strategic direction of the company is hard to believe in. Pressure goes up, resources go down, expectations stay the same.
a lot of broken policies - ineffective HR and management
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  salem orNovember 2, 2015
a lot of broken policies - ineffective HR and management -
great products - nice workers - higher management not very appreciative of the work done by lower level employees
Pros
great tution program
Cons
expensive healthcare
Long commute to work
Validation Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntington, IndianaOctober 24, 2015
I never got the sense that quality was the most important thing. It always seemed pleasing management meant more than putting out a quality product. The bottom line was stressed more than anything else.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Long commute, poor management
Safest place I've ever worked at
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 22, 2015
Close knit type of family environment. However if you are not in the circle...Job security might not be so promising. Plenty of cross training is available at this company.
Pros
Plenty of hand outs.
Cons
Low morale
I enjoy my career
Senior Engineering Consultant (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAOctober 17, 2015
I have liked my career at every company I have worked for/with. I am fa fully competent engineer with a good deal of experience and get along well with management, co-workers and customers.
Contractor - Sikorsky
Manufacturing Liason Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2015
Great place to work. Good pay, benefits are ok. Very good work life balance. OT is available for those who want it. Stable
Productive, work in teams can also work alone. High technology aerospace.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 21, 2015
Fast pace, computer usage, Blueprint reading, use of tools and measuring tools. Coworkers and Management were great to work with. Great place to work.
Pros
Training
Cons
Worked allot of hours
Was a great place to work for the first 15 years
Lead-making Machine (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 8, 2015
Carrier was a great place to work, at least for the first 15 years. Then over the last 5 years the bottom fell out of the market, I guess, and they made the decision to move our operations to Mexico.
Pros
Very accomodating
Cons
sometimes TOO accomodating
same as with UTC
Environment, Health & Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 1, 2015
Same corporation in a different role. Great people and engaged in advancing EH&S. A mature EH&S management system and processes, great EH&S professionals lead to a learning culture.
Pros
Great opportunity
so-so
RL10 Field and Launch Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLAugust 13, 2015
once upon was a great place to work, but the shifting of work locations and working with people worried about their job everyday was draining even if you liked what you did and liked your co-workers.
Textile
Successfully perform as backup lead (Current Employee) –  Medical Lake, WAAugust 3, 2015
Excellent work place but difficult nights schedule with family time in consideration. Perfect place for people who love change and rotating schedule. The previous 10 years have been great!
Job Advancement
Code Compliance Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2015
Company is alright to work for, for what i want to do advancement is tough.

Good first job and if you want to be a Project Manager excellent company to get into. Great advancement opportunity for project managers. Ability to move around and work anywhere is a plus.
Good client
Lead Consultant (Current Employee) –  MebaneJune 16, 2015
Very good client.
Team adhers to the schedule
There is no resistance to change.
No work pressure.
Long working hours
everyone is approachable.
Exhausting over worked and dirty enviroment.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 11, 2015
Starts a half hour before shift meeting, be on the floor by 15minutes prior start time to get line set up and associates in proper personal protection equipment, log into Kronos( attendance/time clock) place extra people and move accordingly to job/skill for absent associates. make contact with other supervisors to make sure cross communications are open and to have the parts needed to the line in order to make production. Deal with bad fabrication parts, machine break downs, purchase part shortages. Deal with associates who don't feel like working.
Patience , the need for urgency when time calls for it, communication, deal with insubordinate associates. how to work along with a union. importance of cross training associates.
Higher management wanted you to enforce the rules but would never stand behind you when you instituted them.
co-workers are in good spirits all felt under paid and over worked.
Hardest part was dealing with lazy people that the union protected and you couldn't do anything about it but let them be lazy and HR let the union run the plant.
working through a tough shift and still getting production numbers.
Pros
paid time for salary employees after 44hours a week.
Cons
long days, very little time off average work week is aroun 70hours. No backing from Human Resources.
A great learning experience
Senior Human Resource Representative (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTApril 2, 2015
Typical day involved training mid-level managers to train and coach their subordinates.

I learned how critical management support is to successful professional development

Management is typical and traditional

Co-workers with proper incentives run through walls

Holding on to management support is challenging

I enjoyed the learning moments of the trainees - they realized they able to do something they weren't able to do before.
Pros
My first opportunity in the private sector
Cons
Holding on to managment support
Very stable company who cares a lot about their employees!
Fabrication Technician (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAApril 2, 2015
UTC/Sikorsky is a fantastic company who strives to do good business and take care of their employees at the same time. the company supplies quality tools to do your job , and if there is a tool you don't have they get it for you. Excellent management helps make this a great place to work! they also go above and beyond to reach out and help the community through the united way giving campaign among other charities. the employees all work hard as a team in helping each other to do a job well and make a great product. I cannot say enough good about this company, I only wish I could find that same opportunity here in the south!
Pros
great pay and benefits, great working enviroment, lots of opportunities!
Cons
snow, lots of snow!