United Temps

United Temps Employee Reviews

Interesting
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaJanuary 9, 2015
Worked in housekeeping. United Temps is a great company however, housekeeping was not my expertise. Overall, great staff. Keeps workers motivated and very humorous. Flexible schedule and negotiable hours.
I enjoyed the type of work and most of the people I worked with
Work order specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: fun work atmosphere and learned a lot of different types of work experience
Cons: no benefits, medical, retirement or any other types
The problem is that it was through George Fern Company. I never met anyone at the temp services or even had a telephone number for them. I believe the place was even in a different state. I worked there for a long time 13.5 years and I really enjoyed the type of work but they payed us through temp services and payroll companies so they could keep us listed as part time workers even though I averaged far more than required hours to be considered full time. I took on a lot of responsibilities doing specialized projects and supervising crews with the hopes they would allow me opportunities to move up or at least get the full time supervisor benefit package and full time status. The kinda dangled it out there over the last couple years and told me to contact a few of the corp. people to find out about opportunities but it was always a dead end or transfer to someone who transferred me again and so on. So I finally got tired of it at my age I want to get in somewhere to have a real career. A place that I can work at and have opportunities to grow and work at until I am ready to retire.
my perpective
Housekeeper/Laundry (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: wages and co-workers
Cons: got hurt on the job
I loved meeting people and the experience was awesome!!! learning another new experience
Interesting area of employment
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 16, 2014
Pros: loved that it was a very active environment no time to rest.
Cons: this employement is a 24/7 your on call after closing hours.
Temp agency is a very competitive and challenging work place. Daily routine would be trying to collect everyone daily time sheets from the previse day/night shift to be enter into payroll. I quickly learn that you had to remind the employees to enter their time sheet on a daily bases. When I wasn't doing payroll I would be doing administrative work and helping out in interviewing people for employment. I enjoy team work it's very rewarding when theirs communication among your teams. It does come with some challenges but one can overcome them. I enjoy meeting and getting to know each individual's.
A produtive and fun workplace with a team that's energizes and graet sprite that's full of joy!
Housekeeper/Kitchen (Former Employee), 2852 s carmackFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: warehouse
A typical day at work for me is to go in and start of by speaking to my fellas employees.Then i'll head to my work area to get my day going.I've learn that i must stay foucus so that i can get my job done,the hardest part about a job is beening around alot of people that you dont know and your trying to keep calm but one thing i've learn is that you mind your own business until it have somthing to do with my job.The most enjoyable part about a job is that you have 1 and you also get a chance to meet new friends and explore things in your life if you've never done so and just been around a great group of loving ,caring people.
hispanic
Temp (Former Employee), Doraville, GAJanuary 19, 2014
If you are not of Hispanic culture they do not treat you as good.
COMPANY HAS REALY GONE DOWN THE HILL AS FAR AS WORK AVAILIBLITY
Environmental Services (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLNovember 26, 2013
LACK OF WORK AVAILIBILTY,OFFICE IN THE KISSIMMEE AREA HAS MOVED TO ORLANDO. COMPANY NOT GAINING ENOUGH CONTRACTS TO EMPLOY THIER WORKERS
This is a good place to start work when permanent positions are so hard to get.
Utility Person/Trash (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2013
Pros: getting paid weekly and on time was a plus.
Cons: no health benefits, retirement plans and no vacations.
I learned a lot while working where I worked and I enjoyed working with the people I worked with.
Laundry Worker (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: short breaks
It is a good workplace, I learn a lot of thin like how to work as a team and how to do the right job.
Productive and a fun work place very friendly establishment
Housekeeping (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 26, 2013
Pros: free lunch
I would clock in get my board then report to my floor
A typical work day 15 rooms some checkouts some stay overs.
Basically clean the rooms and put fresh linen and amenities in them
I learned how to move at a very fast pace
I had the most wonderful co-workers very helpful and friendly
The hardest part of the job was on Sundays 15 checkouts sometimes
I enjoyed meeting different people and tips I also enjoyed housekeeping week
HOUSEKEEPING WEEK AND HUGE XMAS PARTIES
HOUSEKEEPER/GUEST RUNNER (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2013
Pros: lunch was only 15.00 a week
Cons: money and no benefits
UNITED IS A NICE COMPANY TO WORK WITH. THEY WILL FIND A JOB FOR YOU IN THE SAME DAY. I REMEMBER LOSING ONE JOB AND I WENT TO UNITED TEMPS, TWO DAYS LATER I WAS ON THEIR PAYROLL. THE COMPANY THEY SEND ME TO WAS VERY NICE. WE HAD HOUSEKEEPING WEEK. EVERYDAY WAS A NEW THEME AND I ENJOYED IT VERY MUCH
If you need a job, desperately.
Laborer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 23, 2013
Pros: pay weekly. early hours.
Cons: no job security
United Temps, Inc. is a temporary job placement company who provides workers to companies that desperately need them. Jobs can widely vary, I primarily worked for an installation company who installed pallet rack systems. There is definitely no job security due to their first come, first serve system. I was lucky enough to work for the same company for a number of month because I was requested by them.
Productive and challenging place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 7, 2013
United temps was a nice place to work. I gained housdekeeping skills and met new people. A typical day a work consists of me cleaning and sanitizing guest hotel rooms. I learned the housekeeping skills. The hardest part of the job was just pushing the cart but it was worth it to get te job done.
Temp Agency
Administrative/Clerical (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2012
Worked various administrative jobs until someone hires you on permanently
Fast paced up beat and predictably unpridictable place to work
Banquet Chef/Convention Chef/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLMay 18, 2012
Pros: amazing co-workers, free food, great pay, free tickets to disney world, and major discounts on hotels and merchandise.
Cons: short breaks, very late hours.
As a banquet and convention chef for the Epcot theme park and Walt Disney's Contemporary Resort I created, plated and served a menu of high quality to parties and events for people up to 25,000 persons in a very large high volume kitchen. The usual conditions we're noisy, hot, and under pressure near deadlines but always successful in meeting every deadline. Prepping for parties such as weddings, business conventions, celebrations of every sort and even birthdays we're done and ever thing from lobster bisque, to sea food new burg and simple chicken tenders to standing rib roasts to top of the line porter house steaks we're created by me and my team. The hardest part of the job was most definitely the piping for pastries, the pattern was very specific and looked very much like lace, one bubble or tiny flaw and the pastry was un-usable due to our status of quality.
Cleaning Service
housekeeper (Former Employee), Vonore, TNMarch 28, 2012
A very good cleaning service for commercial cleaning, It was a seasonal position.

United Temps Salaries