Established $225 Million fraternal benefit insurance company seeking a highly motivated Director of Insurance to manage operations and compliance, develop innovative new products, and oversee marketing and sales of existing products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, insurance or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in insurance, preferably in life, accident and health, and annuity.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Ability to develop strong personal and professional relationships at all levels within the organization and to work effectively with senior leaders across the business and corporate functions.
- Detail-oriented with excellent written, analytical, and verbal communication skills.
- An advanced degree.
- Some insurance coursework desired.
- Experience working for a fraternal benefit organization.
- Commitment to the labor movement and/or the principles embodied therein.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Manage the field force, including the establishment of sales quotas and projections, product performance analysis, incentive and bonus programs, and training and education.
- Oversee administrative functions and support staff, including Policy Holder Services, Underwriting, Claims and Compliance Departments.
- Develop and implement innovative products, and update existing products.
- Negotiate and review contractual agreements as required, including reinsurance, actuarial, consulting agreements.
- Ensure Organization is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and maintain such compliance.
- Utilize IT to update and identify new methods and systems for marketing and administrative purposes.
- Report to the officers, board of directors, and regulators as needed.
- Travel as needed (up to 20% travel).
- Other duties as may be assigned
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit your resume, cover letter (including salary history), and three references.
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard