United Tribes Technical College Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Very different jobs
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 6, 2016
I would help students with their homework, with the computers, and any other questions they had. I also went to the financial aid office and did some filing and other duties as asked.
Pros
flexible scheduling, convenient location
Cons
work study
Productive and fun work place
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDDecember 21, 2015
As a full time student, I worked with the United Tribes Technical College as a Residential Assistant. I worked shift with a great team, among fellow students. My typical day at work was fun and interesting, learning new things daily. I have learned to work with students and other staff on a professional basis. I did work with other staff but with shift work I worked the nights with no supervision and did manage between 40-80 students, for safety and security along with getting to know each and every student. The hardest part of my job was when attempting to help students coping with being away from home and tutoring trying to keep the students motivated and to help them graduate. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and creating new change for the better of students and staff.
Pros
Free meals, employee cook outs, and holiday events, student and staff parties.
Cons
healthcare, advancement was limited, pay was undesirable but it wasn't about the money.
Electrical Instructor, Department Chair (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDNovember 6, 2015
Good place to work enjoyed the people I worked with and the students that attended the classes I taught. Everyone was nice.
Good
great community
Financial Aid Officer/ College Works Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDAugust 3, 2015
I was always busy and was able to perform all duties assigned.
Got the necessary training so I could perform job effectively and efficiently.
hostile work environment
Business Instructor Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 24, 2015
Not favorable. Harsh and unstable.

Disregard for laws and ethics........

I choose not to say any more for the purpose of how this makes me appear
Pros
Students and a few kind hard working employees.
Cons
politics and hostile work environment. Daily threats.
Good benefits, people to work for.
Professor in Education (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDFebruary 5, 2015
Keep up with current material.
Learned a lot about different Native Tribes in the U.S.
The management was good to work for. They were cooperative in areas letting me advance my education by sending me to professional workshops etc.
My co-workers were willing to assist in the classrooms if I needed to be absent.
The hardest part of the job was to try understanding why some students, that enrolled in college, didn't take advantage of the resources available to them.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to see students graduate and continue their education at 4 year colleges, and to see success and excitement of the students taking part in the Science Fairs
Pros
support the managers and collegues give.
Cons
unsure of funding from year to year. not knowing if the college would be open or not.