United Tribes Technical College Employee Reviews

A Rewarding Experience
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMay 15, 2017
I very much enjoyed my position at United Tribes Technical College. The decision to leave was not my own, but the President felt they needed to take a different direction. There was no cause behind my termination.
Good work environment
Academic and Personal Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDApril 24, 2017
Love my supervisor, great atmosphere to work in. Hardest part of the job is not getting to practice as much as I would like to. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting out into the campus community and meeting students and staff.
Stressful work environment
Campus Services (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDApril 13, 2017
UTTC is not updated on current technology causing the college to be behind in student communication. The president and vice presidents are very fickle. The college is conducted under a dictatorship style with an abundance of he say, she says. If you love drama, inaccurate billing statements by all means enroll at UTTC you will be in heaven!
fun and fast paced environment
Cafeteria Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 28, 2017
the team is great and very organized for the department. They make holiday dinners very awesome and treat the student and familiies with a lot of respect
Pros
free lunches
Cons
overtime needed
Hard but good
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rushville, NEMarch 28, 2017
It you want to watch inmates all day the you can work there it was tough you be the only correction officer because it was a small jail the max. Inmates you would get is about 20 inmates and sometimes you might get more Than the jail can hold. You would be in close contact with all the inmates when you go check on them. And the other stuff you need to do is feed the inmates, get there medication, let them make phone calls, take them outside, take me to there doctor appointment, watch them while they are out for a visit. But the pay was good it was 12.50 but you would get paid monthly
management
Government Affairs & EPA Director (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 5, 2017
Too many bosses there and the chain of command during thst time I was employed there was difficult. We that worked at Student Services were basically over worked, stressed daily with not support from administration and a director who was always on travel did not leave much for team effort during the time I was employed there.
Pros
Students enrolled there
Cons
health Benefits were terrible
Great place for native american students to get started on a college education.
Admissions & Recruitment Director (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDOctober 5, 2016
UTTC is a small college that gives students an opportunity for one on one assistance during the school year. The college has family housing, dorms and tuition is great compared to other colleges.
Pros
Family housing, daycare, small college
Cons
Na
Very different jobs
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 6, 2016
I would help students with their homework, with the computers, and any other questions they had. I also went to the financial aid office and did some filing and other duties as asked.
Pros
flexible scheduling, convenient location
Cons
work study
Productive and fun work place
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDDecember 21, 2015
As a full time student, I worked with the United Tribes Technical College as a Residential Assistant. I worked shift with a great team, among fellow students. My typical day at work was fun and interesting, learning new things daily. I have learned to work with students and other staff on a professional basis. I did work with other staff but with shift work I worked the nights with no supervision and did manage between 40-80 students, for safety and security along with getting to know each and every student. The hardest part of my job was when attempting to help students coping with being away from home and tutoring trying to keep the students motivated and to help them graduate. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and creating new change for the better of students and staff.
Pros
Free meals, employee cook outs, and holiday events, student and staff parties.
Cons
healthcare, advancement was limited, pay was undesirable but it wasn't about the money.
Electrical Instructor, Department Chair (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDNovember 6, 2015
Good place to work enjoyed the people I worked with and the students that attended the classes I taught. Everyone was nice.
Good
great community
Financial Aid Officer/ College Works Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDAugust 3, 2015
I was always busy and was able to perform all duties assigned.
Got the necessary training so I could perform job effectively and efficiently.
hostile work environment
Business Instructor Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 24, 2015
Not favorable. Harsh and unstable.

Disregard for laws and ethics........

I choose not to say any more for the purpose of how this makes me appear
Pros
Students and a few kind hard working employees.
Cons
politics and hostile work environment. Daily threats.
Good benefits, people to work for.
Professor in Education (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDFebruary 5, 2015
Keep up with current material.
Learned a lot about different Native Tribes in the U.S.
The management was good to work for. They were cooperative in areas letting me advance my education by sending me to professional workshops etc.
My co-workers were willing to assist in the classrooms if I needed to be absent.
The hardest part of the job was to try understanding why some students, that enrolled in college, didn't take advantage of the resources available to them.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to see students graduate and continue their education at 4 year colleges, and to see success and excitement of the students taking part in the Science Fairs
Pros
Support the Managers and Collegues give.
Cons
Unsure of funding from year to year. Not knowing if the college would be open or not.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Tribes Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8