United Vision Logistics Employee Reviews

If you want to work for free this is the place to be
Driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 29, 2017
If you don't "follow the order" so to say, they will find a way to make you quit. They are no different than Walmart, Swift, or an other major carrier. As long as they get their money, they could care less if you get yours. Some folks that work there are nice and will do anything for you, but most are only concerned about their own jobs and butts. Tread Carefully.
Pros
When you get paid, it's good pay
Cons
Cant guarantee pay
Working at United Vision Logistics
Leasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 13, 2017
I enjoyed working for United Vision Logistics and the staff as well. My manager was very easy to work with. She was very good at maintaining a well organized work place both with personnel and work load. I made some great friends as well. I would probably still be working at United Vision Logistics if I hadn't been laid off due to lack of work as the oil field at the time began to come down.
Pros
Easy going
Contract drivers
Owner Operator - Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2017
This is a owner operator lease company. They run all 48 states and Canada. But you can run where ever you wont. the people there are very nice and will help with what ever they can. They run a lot of Louisiana loads some pay good and some don't. And they do have electronic logs and computer they have you install in your truck at a cost to you, took out in payments!
Pros
Owner operator no force dispatch!
Cons
Cheap loads, tuff company inspections of your equipment!
worked from home
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LASeptember 17, 2017
i was a night dispatcher and worked from home with my laptop and cell phone. learned how to coordinate loads from one place to another. usually was not very busy at night until early morning .
Pros
work from home
Cons
one phone line
Professional and relaxed environment
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LA Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2017
As a legal assistant, I worked closely with the attorney and paralegal to construct and manage contracts. Hours were very flexible, and I left the job for maternity reasons. I learned a great deal about handling different personalities, and handling contracts. The office professional and well managed, yet relaxed and friendly. I didn't find any part of the job difficult, but when I relocated to the Houston office, the drive to and from work became longer than I would've liked. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with different personalities and finding solutions to meet everyone's needs.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Distance from home
Excellent, work environment
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 18, 2017
I drove and I dispatch and also as well as secure all loads and deliver to customers that I were delivering to and from fuushin periodically seven days a week and weekends included holidays
Pros
Is an excellent opportunity to work with United Vision
Cons
There's no health care benefits involved in it as an operators
I worked from home this was my favorite job.
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Amelia, LAJuly 30, 2017
I worked for an independant commission terminal within United Vision. I was able to work from home 3 nights a week. I loved this job. Being able to spend time with my family and still make a living doing something I completely enjoyed was a big bonus. I had forwared calls to my cellphone and house phone for 2 seperate terminals. I might have been up most nights working but being able to be home with my children while they were small was the biggest benefit.
Good place to make money as a driver.
Driver/Broker Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2017
This is a great company to work for if you're an owner operator.
As a broker/agent its all commission, no base pay. that is the only downfall. This company strictly runs oilfield loads, I really enjoyed driving for them. As a broker it is great also, only problem is I'm looking for benefits and health insurance which they don't provide.
Pros
management always available to help.
Cons
Not much hometime
Real family atmosphere
Fleet manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 6, 2017
Great company. They care about employees and try to show it in different ways. CEO walks around and acknowledges everyone. I, not afraid to voice my opinions.
Pros
Work hours are very flexible
Cons
Located on ambassador caffery
Risk Management/Insurance Tech (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 27, 2017
Great place to learn new things about the oil field industry. Management needs some work. They should provide quarterly sessions for them to learn and grow in management and learn different things about how to manage properly in a corporate setting.
Good at times not all the time
Oilfield pressure washer (Former Employee) –  Alice txJanuary 10, 2017
Did 43 hours over time and got 10$ straight pulled 83 hours in 5 in a half days and when I got home got paid 10$ per hour even after over time. Not a good place to work
Pros
Their is none
Cons
Short breaks, get ripped off hours, ain't a good environment
As long as the price of oil is up everyone is making money.
Owner Operator (Current Employee) –  Chandler, TXNovember 8, 2016
I t was an ok place to work you basically wait for a call and go pick up the load and haul it where it needs to go. When the oil prices go down, so does the work.
Good job when there is work
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAOctober 24, 2016
Great people... slow work at times. But when they are busy they keep youmoving. Be open to do anything and go anywhere because they will have you going from cost to cost
Ok place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 9, 2016
Overall it's a good place to work. They work on a one check system, which means they pay the truck owner and if you drive for someone they have to pay you out of the check UVL sends them.
great expirenace
Independent Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2016
Lots of red tape to cute though.
lots of bureaucracy
good leadership
hard to hear someone on the bottom speak up
Good direct managers
less good the managers got the higher in the company one were to rise
Very productive place to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Clinton, OK, Midland TXAugust 17, 2016
A typical day at work was to meet in the dispatch office for the paperwork for the run we had to do. I was a driver for the oilfield men and drove them to the sites to pick up trucks or to the yards to pick up and drop off trucks to the sites.
Pros
Traveling to different states.
Cons
on call 24/7
Hard work and hard conditions at times
Sales/Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 12, 2016
United Vision Logistics was a oilfield transportation company. We provided trucking services to oilfield clients such a halliburton, GE, Sclumberger etc. It was a great job, management was ok, not the best but acceptable.

Was able to build on skills of outside sales.
Pros
Getting to know people in the industry
Cons
hectic work schedule
I enjoy what I do...
Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Prairieville, LAFebruary 9, 2016
Working at United Vision has been a really good learning experience for me, I have had to find my voice and opinion on things that I believe could help the entire company. I enjoy the people I work with, upper management is the only rough part for me. I don't believe what I have to say matters most of the time and I have questions that never get answered that could help me further in my job. I want to do what I love and have a place I love doing it at.
Pros
Flexible schedule, not too stressful
Cons
No benefits, poor management, not appreciated
I had worked with the terminal manager perviously while working as a broker
Terminal 130, Assistant Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 6, 2016
• Managed drivers, dispatched trucks, brokered loads, and completed billing and other related paperwork.
• Procured new customers
eveything is good
owner operator (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, La.January 11, 2016
As a dispatcher at a UVL terminal I really enjoyed my job and the people I worked for. As an owner/ operator I really enjoyed traveling around the country.