United Water Employee Reviews

Very productive
Wastewater Operator lead (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 27, 2017
Ran dewatering equipment. Helped in maintaining equipment. Everyone was willing to help each other out in job at hand.The management team was very helpful as well
Fun Workplace
Logistics Intern (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYMarch 10, 2017
Read and analyzed water meters across the Rockland and Westchester county areas for two summers. I learned that the data that was received from my handheld device is then uploaded to a database and reports a specific number that is turned into an estimated water bill for households. I learned to use Microsoft excel, outlook, and access in different ways. The management was lenient and workers who have been there for years, as well as my boss, were very helpful. The workplace culture was laid back and made working comfortable for me. The hardest part of the job was getting deadlines due in days where days were busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in similar areas to one of my coworkers where I was able to interact more with them.
Pros
Lunch Breaks
Cons
GPS was useless, Phone bill increased
operator of a wast water facility
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lyndonville, VTFebruary 21, 2017
I would do test on all waste water that came in the facility and check all remote pumping stations. if any thing was wrong i would fix. i had to rebuild pumps. I had to take classes and get state certified.
Pros
one of the most enjoyable jobs ever
Cons
bad management
Challenging water treatment OEM project
Process Optimization Manager (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 12, 2016
As a contract operator for the owner/water district, our talented staff collaborates to ensure water quality and quantity goals are met 24/7. Team approach enables management, operations, maintenance, engineering, and lab staff to meet these challenges on a regular basis.
Well managed and safe.Advancement opportunities
Water distribution Mgr (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIAugust 18, 2016
Good company to work for. Room for advancement. Safety minded.
Fair management and wages.Good benefits. International in scope.
Pros
Fair and safe
Loosy pay
Waste Water Operator/Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Callahan, FLJuly 21, 2016
Did not pay enough. No room for advancement. Benefits not good. The work not bad but did not pay enough. Pretty good all around got great maintenance experience.
Pros
Cons
pay
Great first look into the corporate world
Accounts Payable Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2016
I was able to work with people that had very high positions within the company and they gave me very valuable skills and tips that I try to use and apply still today. A typical day was spent by analyzing the money spent by the company and where funds could be cut. I also learned to use various programs such as excel and Photoshop.
Pros
Great experience, great networking
Cons
The length of the job
Working there was a REAL experience !
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2016
I was suppose to be hired as a direct hire position at $40000 -$45000 yearly pay. And was told occasional weekends. It turned out they sent me through a temporary company to "get the proper paperwork' finished. I was to be permanent in 3 weeks. That date came and went. I worked for the company for over three months, every weekend, at $28000 per year, no shift differential, no benefits, and no reason as to why. They didn't train me and threw me into the job. The foreign QC person in charge of the lab who spoke broken English, always berated the job everyone was doing! MANY people had went through there...over 10 in two years! I did without a break or lunch for over a month! I worked every weekend but 2 for the entire time I was there! This place does NOT respect the laws for employment nor for the testing required by EPA. I would NOT want anyone to be treated such as I was treated. Hope you have a better experience. People have said that permanent employment in other areas are not like this. Maybe it was just in the environmental laboratory I worked in!
Pros
Some co-workers in other areas were nice!
Cons
NO breaks, NO training, NO benefits LOW pay, and constantly berated!
Very understanding management
summer temporary employee (Former Employee) –  Haworth, NJJune 22, 2016
I would clock in and wait to be assaigned a permanent employee to assist. I learned how to get along with people from various age groups and ethnicities.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
cleaning dirty areas
Friendly and professional workplace
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 20, 2016
My time with United Water was exceptional. Employees and management were professional and friendly. Cooperation between all departments as well as road crews were above average. I enjoyed my employment.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no relocation assistance
great job but a lot of overtime and harsh weather
distribution (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYJanuary 22, 2016
A very good job. Great pay and overtime. Supervisor was great and pretty flexible. Worked outside all the time in any and all weather. A whole bunch of overtime. Interact with a lot of customers.
ONGOING MULTIPLE LAYOFFS In Richmond, VA office- Suez/United Water
previous employee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 14, 2015
Ongoing multiple layoffs occurring in Richmond, VA office in several departments-
United Water - Suez. Value your employees, not just profits.
Pros
growing company at expense of employees
Cons
layoffs, uncertain future for employees
Productive and enjoyable workplace environment
HR Employee Service Center Rep: Temporary (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 8, 2015
Supportive management, great staff/colleagues. Learn a lot from the job. pay was great.

Have recently moved headquarters to Paramus location, which was a step up in the right direction; the company "grew" in a way with the move and different building.

Being a college student, this was an internship I applied for, was considered a "temporary" position. Learned a great deal of info, felt very comfortable with the staff.
Pros
free lunches, colleagues, good benefits, good work environment, short summer hours, good pay
Same place under different name.
Wastewater Operator (Former Employee) –  Gary, INOctober 20, 2015
Different department more walking and taking numbers, under different management. Seem like they care about their workers at the time.
construction laborer
Field Service Repairman (Former Employee) –  new jerseySeptember 30, 2015
Installing water services to homes and corporation. Some coworkers are great others not so great not willing to pull there load
Great company to work for
Water Distribution Leak Inspector (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYSeptember 13, 2015
Big company room for growth. Interacted with customers through out the day. Was always on the move during the day. Sometimes was called to assist on Special big projects.
Great Company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toms RIverAugust 11, 2015
Fun to work for, learned a lot about water utility. My bosses have all been nice, and I would recommend this as an excellent place of employment.
The Company was a good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 28, 2015
I was the Administrative Assistant. I put in data entry, make copies for receipts, file, answer the phone, manage payroll
Pros
Loved my job.
Cons
Management turn over a lots.
Don't take this job in pontiac
OM Tech (Former Employee) –  Pontiac MichiganJuly 27, 2015
It sucked working for them in pontiac. I had ten boss in four years I was there. Oakland county bought it from pontiac, they will never get a contract with the county. See you later United Water.
Pros
Lunch
United Water
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harrington Park, NJFebruary 11, 2015
Worked many many hours. Co-workers were fantastic.
Always had great reviews.
After many hours of working 18 hour days I decided to leave and take care of my daughter and an elderly aunt.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Many hours working - sometimes 24/day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Water. Our community is ready to answer.