United Way of Lane County Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Amazing people working to better their ommunity
Loaned Executive (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 22, 2015
United Way of Lane County has done a great job of creating a network between organizations and agencies across Lane County; dedicated to creating better lives for its inhabitants. The staff members are passionate, experienced, and know how to get things done in their community.
I was a Loaned Executive at United Way, which means I was only with them for a short time during their annual work place campaign. I was in charge of helping to organize the annual work place campaigns at 37 different companies.
A typical day involved any or all of the following:
Initiating and staying in contact with campaign leaders of my accounts, going to meetings with these campaign leaders to discuss campaign plans, giving presentations about United Way at workplace meetings, attending fundraising events, logging campaign progress.
The hardest part of the job was giving the occasional presentation at a crazy hour of the day, including a couple 5AM's and one 2AM.
The most enjoyable part was learning about all of the non-profit organizations in Lane County, and learning how the businesses we were working with were dedicated to supporting them.