The United Way of Metropolitan Nashville is actively seeking a qualified candidate to fill the key role of Relationship Manager of Workplace Engagement.
This Relationship Manager role is a leadership role that will be responsible for identifying, cultivating and soliciting corporate donors including leadership and employee giving. This position will plan and execute a year-round strategic relationship plan to assist corporate partners by serving philanthropic, employee and client needs. Accountable for special projects from concept through implementation, including project and event management-driven activities. Maintains regular account development and nurtures existing relationships.
As the Relationship Manager, this level of involvement will directly impact the growth of the United Way. Helping to maintain existing memberships and activities while striving to increase the percentage of overall revenue will only make the United Way an even stronger organization, able to give that much more back to its communities.
The primary roles of this position are divided into two main and equally important areas of focus:
- Increase revenue in assigned account portfolio through relationship management and by providing professional staff support and leadership to assigned workplace campaigns including volunteer recruitment, development and recognition, goals development and tracking, campaign consultant management and support, relationship building.
- Engages multi-levels of management from the C Suite down to drive and grow campaign drives and campaign donations.
- Responsible for full sales cycle from generating leads to closing deals.
Preserve, Cultivate and Develop Existing Corporate Sponsors
- Creates, develops and manages all aspects of project planning for assigned special projects and events from inception through completion. Applies highly developed project management skills to tasks.
- Identifies projects within existing account and takes to completion. Documents process for future replication.
- Lead the Employee Campaign Managers (ECM's) at the company level in an effort to grow their workplace campaigns through employee engagements, Day of Action participation, campaign best practices implementation and all aspects of special project/event management.
- Cultivate relationships with key stakeholders within assigned workplace campaigns utilizing consultative selling model. Deliver United Way message during individual and group presentations.
- Review assigned accounts to establish annual growth goals and support plans/strategies.
- Maintain detailed account and individual donor documentation within internal database.
BA in Marketing or Business (or related field) plus 3+ years of progressively responsible leadership in client development, business sales and marketing or non-profit fund development.
The UWMN is as much a way of life as it is an incredible career opportunity:
- Dedication and Drive founded in the desire to make a lasting difference in our community
- Team spirit, determination and instinct
- Incredibly effective critical/analytical thinking
- Unrelenting work ethic and ability to affect a selfless and positive team attitude
- Demonstrated project management experience gained through event management, account management and/or marketing. Ability to identify, develop and work with key business accounts and corporate management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite software including Power Point, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Highly effective communication skills across a vast range of ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds, such as community members, agency representatives, volunteers and corporate sponsors
- Innate listening skills in addition to the ability to relate pertinent communication content to topics that are relevant to UWMN core values and initiatives.
UWMN offers a competitive salary (up to the high 40's) and comprehensive benefits package. To express your interest in the position, please submit your resume along with a salary history and cover letter. No phone calls or faxes please.