United Way of New York City Employee Reviews

Love that Help People
Executive Assistant to VP of MG and Finances (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2016
They had a big turnover but besides that we really care about what they do so there foucuse to is to make that happen which meant that you have to spend time learning the curve. Which is great but not good when the company would not compensate you at least half way
Pros
If you like routine
Cons
Don't like routine
Excellent play to work.
Project Manager, Strategy and Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2014
United Way of New York City is an excellent organization to work for. The work is challenging and the office environment is congenial.
Pros
Great mission
Cons
No cons.
Most recent position
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2014
• Managed the scheduling of meeting requests for all conference rooms.
• Screened all incoming calls requesting help and information.
• Documented staff’s training and development history utilizing ADP HR Benefits Solution.
• Responsible for updating personal information regarding interns and temporary employees.
• Administered special projects as requested.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks/short staffed
Productive and fun place to work that has a great mission
Research Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2013
During my time at United Way of New York City I held many positions. It afforded me the opportunity to learn and advance my skill set. I really enjoyed the fact that I got to do so many things and was given leeway to move forward on various projects.

I felt management was opened-minded and I was rewarded financially and given recognition. I also had some flexibility in my various positions as to how to handle various work assignments.

My favorite position was as a Researcher and Instructor for C.A.R.E.S (Community Access to Resources) which was a proprietary database developed within UWNYC that I helped market and promote to in-house and external customers.
Pros
opportunity, variety of projects, mission to help new yorkers in need
Cons
poor planning on the part of the executive staff
Family oriented workplace.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2013
A typical day is 9am to 5pm with lots of meetings. I have learn a great deal within and outside of my field. Management does not always follow through with implementation. I have great co-workers. The hardest part of my job was hearing about all the changes we need to make and having management not go through with the needed changes. The most enjoyable part of my job was having the opportunity to learn something new daily. Also the fact of knowing and seeing the end result of the work we do in our community.
Pros
summer fridays
Cons
too many meetings

Want to know more about United Way of New York City?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Way of New York City. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6