United Way of New York City

United Way of New York City Employer Reviews

Most recent position
Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 1, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: short breaks/short staffed
• Managed the scheduling of meeting requests for all conference rooms.
• Screened all incoming calls requesting help and information.
• Documented staff’s training and development history utilizing ADP HR Benefits Solution.
• Responsible for updating personal information regarding interns and temporary employees.
• Administered special projects as requested.
Productive and fun place to work that has a great mission
Research Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 30, 2013
Pros: opportunity, variety of projects, mission to help new yorkers in need
Cons: poor planning on the part of the executive staff
During my time at United Way of New York City I held many positions. It afforded me the opportunity to learn and advance my skill set. I really enjoyed the fact that I got to do so many things and was given leeway to move forward on various projects.

I felt management was opened-minded and I was rewarded financially and given recognition. I also had some flexibility in my various positions as to how to handle various work assignments.

My favorite position was as a Researcher and Instructor for C.A.R.E.S (Community Access to Resources) which was a proprietary database developed within UWNYC that I helped market and promote to in-house and external customers.
Family oriented workplace.
Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 4, 2013
Pros: summer fridays
Cons: too many meetings
A typical day is 9am to 5pm with lots of meetings. I have learn a great deal within and outside of my field. Management does not always follow through with implementation. I have great co-workers. The hardest part of my job was hearing about all the changes we need to make and having management not go through with the needed changes. The most enjoyable part of my job was having the opportunity to learn something new daily. Also the fact of knowing and seeing the end result of the work we do in our community.