United Way of the Greater Capital Region and Creating Assets, $avings and Hope (CA$H) Coalition of the Greater Capital Region, is seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to be responsible for the successful coordination of this collaboration of partners. The CA$H Coalition is made up of partners from Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady and Schoharie counties to help serve low to moderate income persons with tax preparation and financial stability. The CA$H Program Director will work directly with coalition leadership which consist of the CA$H Executive Committee, IRS Relationship Manager, and UWGCR staff to ensure the successful continuation of building a more financially stable region.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- The administrative support and financial management of the Creating Assets, $avings, and Hope (CA$H) Coalition of the Greater Capital Region (CA$H-GCR), its Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program and related grant funding provided by the IRS and other grant sources.
- Work directly with the CA$H Coalition to integrate the organization’s mission, vision and identify areas of need within the targeted populations; assisting in obtaining the necessary outreach and publicity, to ensure that all goals and objectives of the Coalition as well as grant outcomes are met.
- The oversight and implementation of all program activities related to the United Way of the Greater Capital Region’s Income Initiative for CA$H. The initiative is focused on solutions that increase financial stability and long term economic independence for individuals and families within the Greater Capital Region.
Special Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient in public speaking and written communication including presentations to media, the community and work groups, in the recruitment of Coalition partners and volunteers; as well as the ability to respond to questions and provide information on Coalition services.
- Ability to not only to interact, but to also motivate people and work groups to facilitate and/or participate in the mission of the CA$H-GCR Coalition and United Way-GCR.
- Knowledge of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program of the Internal Revenue Service and computer software associated with this program. Personal Income Tax Law knowledge is a plus.
- Computer skills with an emphasis on the use of Excel software and other MS Office products.
- Ability to calculate statistics, evaluate program and community outcomes, and develop reports to document results to stakeholders of CA$H-GCR, United Way and applicable funders.
- Experience in supervision of personnel and volunteer management.
- Ability to analyze, develop and market information to specific groups for community impact involving the Coalition’s tax preparation and financial literacy activities.
- Individual must possess a valid driver’s license, car insurance, and a reliable source of transportation. Travel is required throughout the Capital Region.
- Bachelor’s degree desired.
- 3 -5 years of successful experience in program development and management.
- Experience with low-income populations desirable,
A competitive salary is offered with this position along with an excellent benefit package. For immediate consideration, please forward a letter of interest, resume, and references no later than May 20,2013 to:
John P. Roche
Director, HR & Administration