The United Way of the Greater Capital Region has an immediate opportunity for the position: Vice President, Community Impact.
Reporting to the President & CEO, this senior position will work with internal teams and Community Impact volunteer leadership to establish, plan and implement the Community Impact vision and strategy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate and operationalize United Way GCR strategic vision of advancing the common good.
- Work with internal & external stakeholders to develop plans and set measurable objectives to achieve desired change in conditions and systems within the Greater Capital Region.
- Identify and develop strategic alliances to advance the impact agenda and organizational goals.
- Oversee the departments' responsibility for engaging and retaining diverse stakeholders and partners.
- Direct grants management that includes United Way grant-making and grant procurement.
- Develop and maintain working agreements and contracts with diverse partners that are consistent with the goals.
- Assist the President & CEO in policy development and implementation related to community impact.
- Champion United Way in social and business settings, including representing United Way at community forums and events.
- Provide strategic leadership to United Way Community Investments systems and procedures within policy guidelines.
- Work cooperatively with RD, Marketing and Operations department leaders to achieve organizational goals.
- Direct, train, develop and provide professional direction to the Community Impact Department.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with for profit, not for profit, organized Labor, Education and other organizations with common interests and priorities.
- Recruitment and development of volunteers.
- Promote positive agency relations among all United Way Constituents.
- Successful track record of community organizing and social planning in not for profit organization.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Superior supervisory experience including project management.
- Experience in developing communications in partnership with internal partners including policy development.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic business financial management.
- Assist in the development, management and implementation of the strategic and business plan, multiple projects and time schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, customers, and volunteers.
- Proven experience in establishing a positive working relationships with staff teams, volunteers and community stakeholders.
- Ability to solve programmatic problems and make recommendations for situations that may arise in community impact's investment process and/or community building partnerships.
- Strong organizational, communication and analytical skills required.
- Experienced in evaluating program and community outcomes, and reporting results to other departments and/or applicable funder(s). Prepare and monitor department budget.
- Exceptional public speaking skills essential.
Education and/or Experience:
- Masters degree in Social Work, Public Administration required.
- 5 -8 years of successful experience in agency senior level management responsible for strategic planning, program development and assessment.
- Experience providing leadership to projects that collect, analyze and present data related to social needs and economic influences with effective application to business goals and objectives
- Working knowledge of ANDAR preferred; Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
A competitive salary is offered with this position along with an excellent benefit package. For immediate consideration, please forward a letter of interest, resume, salary history and references to:
John P. Roche
Director, HR & Administration