United Way

United Way Employee Reviews

Easy Job, Not so good Pay
Database Administrator/ (Former Employee), Meriden, CTJuly 20, 2015
Lets be honest, its a Non for profit and they wont pay a lot of money. However, they help with the community, and they have a great work schedule for someone who'd rather not live at work.
Enjoyable workplace
o Income Tax Preparer (Volunteer - Internship) (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 13, 2015
This was an internship and was considered volunteer work. i enjoyed working with low income families , while showing them how to save money
Not an accurate portrait.
volunteer teacher to lo income communities (Former Employee), Anaheim CaliforniaJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Good Equipment
Cons: Scheduling Back to Back classes
I have many years experience as a nurse. I began was an emergency room nurse, passed through the ranks aa a Director of a Trauma Center. Then I made a change to the Operating Room in order to accommodate my return to school.

I ended up getting a Masters Degree in Public Health and began to teach Anatomy and Physiology, Biology and Clinical Nursing. I am semi-retired and would like to teach clinical nursing, CNA,s or CCMA's. I have my CCMA Certificate.

My classes are always filled because I am a good teacher. I believe the students should be elevated, not intimidated. I have fun teaching and can adapt to any environment in the teaching arena.
I enjoyed having the opportunity to work with the community
Manager (Former Employee), ARJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to meet a lot of people, get to know nonprofit work
Cons: low compensation, heavy work load
I learned a lot about our community working at United Way. We had working relationships with nonprofits in the area to help promote their work through company campaigns to raise funds for Northwest Arkansas. We understood the statistics for needs in our area and was able to communicate that to businesses in Northwest Arkansas to help build a strong community.
I personally had the opportunity to work with companies to help create volunteer projects for teams of employees and work with the nonprofit agencies to find the right fit for the company requests for a team building/volunteer project.
Organization that provides a learning experience for teens - adults
Volunteer (Former Employee), Brandon, FLJuly 6, 2015
Volunteering at United Way was a great way for me to experience different types of work settings/environments while providing me necessary skills and work ethics. I was able to meet different types of volunteers of all ages and backgrounds. You get to have opportunities exposed to you - familiar and new - and you can plan them days to a month prior to when they're active, so it fits your planning/scheduling.
Quite and Productive work environment
Intern Student/ I&R Specialist (Former Employee), monroe,la,usaJuly 1, 2015
Pros: free lunch, field trips to partner companies
Cons: boring at times, no benefits
a typical day at work consist of addressing the needs of the community by connecting them to an agency who can of better assistance to them. The hardest part about the job was having to explain to helpless people that there were no resources to help them in their time in need. The most enjoyable part was when there were resources available and i was able help make a difference.
Great Skills Learned
internship (Former Employee), columbus, ohioJune 30, 2015
Pros: fun, meet new people, great skills learned
Cons: cut short
I would say this was an excellent internship I learned great skills in the office but also with communication. The only pat i was upset about it was it ending early
Good
Read to Succeed Tutor (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOJune 24, 2015
While I was a tutor, it was my responsibility to help the children learn how to sound out certain letters. Then they read to me, and if they had trouble with a work it was my responsibilty to help them sound it out.
data entry
Data Entry Lead (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 15, 2015
I made my own lunch/break schedule, I didn't have someone to ask to use the bathroom. I would take information from cards and enter it into the computer after was finished with a batch i would print it out and make sure the money was correct and then proof read the batches after all the data was entered into the system. I've also done some auditing as well.
Experience As A Tutor
Tutor (Current Employee), Sumter, SCJune 10, 2015
Pros: Trained how to do other things such as answer phones and greet parents during off time
Serving as an AmeriCorps member was a great experience. I had a joyous time working with the students and staff. It was a marvelous experience because I learned alot from the staff about how to do other things in the school.
a wonderful opportunity to learn about your community
Director of Community Outreach (Former Employee), Opelousas, LAMay 19, 2015
Pros: great community partnership
Cons: no benefits; bare minimum compensation, low wages
It was a GREAT experience to know how other non-profit agencies operate on a daily basis. Meeting other CEO's during campaign season was such a leaning experience. You get a an opportunity to visit plants, distribution centers, and many large corporations.
interesting experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), PAMay 15, 2015
Clients, co-workers and supervisors are nice people.
it's a wonderful opportunity to learn something about tax return, but no payment.
A Great Experience
Volunteer Income Tax Preparer VITA/TCE (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIApril 26, 2015
The felling you get from helping people is just unbelievable. They have a great teaching system that will give you everything you need to know.
great job for someone in high school
Call Center Agent (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 24, 2015
this was a job i had to get for one of my high school classes but it turned out to be pretty awesome. my issue was that when it came to finals time management was not cooperative about working with my schedule.
Community Outreach
Tech, Research Info & Planning Admin (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 21, 2015
Pros: Met Interesting people
Cons: Need to have marching feet.
A lot of interaction with influential people that help get things done in the community. I lot of pledges for purposes. A lot of marching to get thing done within communities.
productive
Court Appointed Special Advocate (Current Employee), Savannah, GAApril 16, 2015
Pros: helping children
Cons: volunteer, not paid
Working with children and making appropriate decisions in the best interest of the child. I love being able to be an advocate for children and helping them find permanent placement.
Productive. Instrumental in life changing help to clients.
Administrative Assistant / United Way Spark Point (Former Employee), Oakland, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Excellant management and fast paced.
Cons: Non-cooperative clients
My work was fast paced and I multi-tasked beautifully,

Again it was my positive people skills and knowing what manner to speak to each person that helped me in this position.

We assisted with financial management and career development for a diverse socioeconomic client base.
Great company!
AmeriCorps Project Member (Current Employee), Lynn, MAMarch 18, 2015
United Way is a very supportive company and it provides many different resources to their employees. United Way is always notifying its employees of opportunities available that will help the employee grow.
Wonderful organization
Event Coordinator (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAMarch 13, 2015
I worked for the United Way as a volunteer event coordinator. We put together a new and excited event to fund-raise for our local chapter and had a great success. Very rewarding to work with such great people for great causes.
A place to thrive
Director, Marketing & Communications (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great staff, strong leadership, wonderful benefits
Outstanding staff and leadership who are just as dedicated to improving other people's lives as they are to making sure you get ahead in life as well. A phenomenal place to develop in your career.

1 2 3 4 5