United Way Employee Reviews

Great Place to work for and enjoyed the team work
Pledge Processing Admin (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 10, 2016
Great place to work for as it is one of the best non-profit organizations in the United States. It was a lot of hard work but very enjoyable. Great place to enhance your career as they tend to promote within based on work performance!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
The company would let us participate in differ events during the year.
Administrative/Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2016
The previous employers provided some kind of service. One provided Social Services to the community so they wouldn't have to travel to downtown for Public services. It was enjoyable and you met a lot people during the year.

Another was providing childcare and differ events
while parents worked. That was also a service that was enjoyable taking care of children. The other was also a service of agents selling insurance to clients of all ages for life, health and retirement.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Howard County, INJanuary 14, 2016
The United way is a charitable organizations focuses on identifying and resolving pressing community issues. I enjoyed volunteer my time as a receptionist with this organization. Management and co-workers were determined to make a difference in lives of the people through partnerships with schools, businesses and others for fulfill a need in the community.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Caring Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYDecember 27, 2015
I inputted all of the donations that came in through the mail and would help people in need locate the correct resources to call for much needed help
Pros
Healthcare and full benefits even though it was a parttime position
Working for House of Manna
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDDecember 10, 2015
It was extremely humbling to be able to help the needed. It shows us the humanity of anything and anyone who can get into the situation. Everyone has their own story and sometimes all they want is an ear to hear what the issue is, and many times you know of or we know how to assist them. There are ways that they didn't even know about. It’s rewarding and humbling.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Seeing the pain in people
what i learned
Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 19, 2015
this job showed me how a cooperation is ran and managed. I would help work on some of their projects and i ran the stock room. taught me how to work with others and it also taught me how to work in an office environment.
Pros
Downtown Portland
Cons
didnt get paid
Good people, soul sucking experience
211 Information and Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 11, 2015
You must be a very patient person to answer those phones. Very boring, very routine, but great pay. Flexible hours, but not a happy place. Part time.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Angry callers, routine, boring
Vary well organized
Case Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2015
Great environment to work in, with lots of options given to veterens. Great pay and many opertunities to grow. Great to meet new people and open new avanues of employment in other areas.
Worked hard and fast, reliable, perfiect attendance
crew (Former Employee) –  alleganSeptember 28, 2015
I worked hard because I loved what I did. it was just a temp job, and I had perfect attendance and got along with all of my co-workers, never had a problem.
Pros
fast, smart, fun, focused, happy, attenace
Great place to be
Information and Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 27, 2015
This is a great place to work that truly appreciates and values their employees. It's a great feeling to go into work everyday knowing that you are there making a difference in the lives of others that are facing less than fortunate circumstances.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
Low pay
nice volunteer work
emerging leaders member (Current Employee) –  san diegoAugust 20, 2015
has lots of opportunities to give back to the community with their projects or with projects/non profits that you choose yourself
united way duties for volenteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INAugust 18, 2015
My job was to organize papers and put campaign packets together. I could come in anytime I wanted to and the first thing I did was to report to the supervisor she would tell me what job I would do. Then they just give me something that needs to be done. it was just volunteer job.
Pros
It was a quiet atmosphere, The employees were nice.
Cons
I was having fun doing it and I was in the news paper for it.
Easy Job, Not so good Pay
Database Administrator/ (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTJuly 20, 2015
Lets be honest, its a Non for profit and they wont pay a lot of money. However, they help with the community, and they have a great work schedule for someone who'd rather not live at work.
Enjoyable workplace
o Income Tax Preparer (Volunteer - Internship) (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 13, 2015
This was an internship and was considered volunteer work. i enjoyed working with low income families , while showing them how to save money
Not an accurate portrait.
volunteer teacher to lo income communities (Former Employee) –  Anaheim CaliforniaJuly 11, 2015
I have many years experience as a nurse. I began was an emergency room nurse, passed through the ranks aa a Director of a Trauma Center. Then I made a change to the Operating Room in order to accommodate my return to school.

I ended up getting a Masters Degree in Public Health and began to teach Anatomy and Physiology, Biology and Clinical Nursing. I am semi-retired and would like to teach clinical nursing, CNA,s or CCMA's. I have my CCMA Certificate.

My classes are always filled because I am a good teacher. I believe the students should be elevated, not intimidated. I have fun teaching and can adapt to any environment in the teaching arena.
Pros
Good Equipment
Cons
Scheduling Back to Back classes
I enjoyed having the opportunity to work with the community
Manager (Former Employee) –  ARJuly 10, 2015
I learned a lot about our community working at United Way. We had working relationships with nonprofits in the area to help promote their work through company campaigns to raise funds for Northwest Arkansas. We understood the statistics for needs in our area and was able to communicate that to businesses in Northwest Arkansas to help build a strong community.
I personally had the opportunity to work with companies to help create volunteer projects for teams of employees and work with the nonprofit agencies to find the right fit for the company requests for a team building/volunteer project.
Pros
Opportunity to meet a lot of people, get to know nonprofit work
Cons
low compensation, heavy work load
Organization that provides a learning experience for teens - adults
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 6, 2015
Volunteering at United Way was a great way for me to experience different types of work settings/environments while providing me necessary skills and work ethics. I was able to meet different types of volunteers of all ages and backgrounds. You get to have opportunities exposed to you - familiar and new - and you can plan them days to a month prior to when they're active, so it fits your planning/scheduling.
Quite and Productive work environment
Intern Student/ I&R Specialist (Former Employee) –  monroe,la,usaJuly 1, 2015
a typical day at work consist of addressing the needs of the community by connecting them to an agency who can of better assistance to them. The hardest part about the job was having to explain to helpless people that there were no resources to help them in their time in need. The most enjoyable part was when there were resources available and i was able help make a difference.
Pros
free lunch, field trips to partner companies
Cons
boring at times, no benefits
Great Skills Learned
internship (Former Employee) –  columbus, ohioJune 30, 2015
I would say this was an excellent internship I learned great skills in the office but also with communication. The only pat i was upset about it was it ending early
Pros
fun, meet new people, great skills learned
Cons
cut short
Good
Read to Succeed Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJune 24, 2015
While I was a tutor, it was my responsibility to help the children learn how to sound out certain letters. Then they read to me, and if they had trouble with a work it was my responsibilty to help them sound it out.

4.3