United Way

United Way Employee Reviews

Sucessfully met goals and objectives that was set for the city-wide programs.
loaned Executive with United Wa (Former Employee), San AntonioFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: to assist with coporation and buisness
Served as a loaned Executive with United Way to give presentations to corporations and businesses on employee participation programs with United Way.
• Sucessfully met goals and objectives that was set for the city-wide programs.
I was a forkl life operator
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2015
I enjoyed the work enviorment and be ing able to wrk the night shift was piecful, the envioemrnt was always clean and we always had the propper ampount of people to work with on our team
Great learning atomsphere
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: able to work around my schedule if need time off
Cons: no healthcare with being temp.
I started out as a Resource Development VISTA. It was my first office job. The staff really helped me adjust. I learned so much.

Once my VISTA year was up, I was able to come on as a temp for the Volunteer Center as coordinator.

Great atmosphere all over the office!
At every event everyone has a blast helping the homeless.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 10, 2015
I sponsor United Way on my facebook and ask for donations online to help stop homeless families from living in the streets. I am proud to support this charity "The United Way of LosAngeles"
Outstanding community service
Project Manager (Former Employee), Conyers, GAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: daily encouragement
Daily supporting the community through multiple projects and providing education, work referral, and outstanding community contributions.
Daily matches
Case Manager (Former Employee), Stafford, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Talking with clients & dealing with there daily issues. Matching kids with volunteers & dealing with monthly issue with each match.
Productive area
Lego Robotics Technician and Teacher (Former Employee), Williamsburg, NYDecember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches
The job was very good I got to experience teaching other students how to build robots, while at the same time helping them improve in school.
Productive community agency
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Williamsburg, VADecember 6, 2014
Pros: great staff
Excellent non-profit organization that cares about the community.

I work closely with the executive director and assist the entire staff.
A great way to give back to your comunity.
volunteer (Former Employee), Selma AlabamaNovember 20, 2014
I worked at doc-in-a-bus where I helped people who needed to see a doctor but could not afford one see volunteer doctors at a free clinic. I worked at registration, took vitals, and run labs.
Great people, Good being able to help people in need.
Handyman (Current Employee), Hemet, CANovember 5, 2014
Pros: helping people in need
Cons: low pay, no healthcare, not enough hours
mostly driving a large tractor with large mower, mowing 100 acre lots for weed abatement, for people unable to do so. also home repair for the elderly.
Word Processor
Word Processor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2014
I worked at the United Way as a temp doing several assignments. The staff there were great.
Great
Intern (Former Employee), houston txOctober 26, 2014
Pros: great experience
Work was always fan but a bit busy, i was always working on the computer setting up emails and planning meetings. As well as answering important phone calls. I did not really had anything hard because it was basically team work so if i needed something i was never stuck i had a coworker help out. United Way was great i had a chance to work and help people at the same time.
Very Producative and exciting place to work
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Lapeer, MIOctober 1, 2014
Pros: hour long lunches
Cons: healthcare and short term postion
A typical day would be answering phone calls, filing paper work, taking messages, greeting clients, assisting people on where to get assistance, directing phone calls and copying paperwork. I learned there is so many places for people to get all kinds of assistance. My co-works were very friendly, very enjoyable to work with each and every day. The most enjoyable part was going to work each and everyday knowing I could help people.
Fun co-workers, good life-work balance
Internship- Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: good life-work balance
Cons: no benefits for interns
As an intern, the hours were flexible with school. Good life-work balance.
Great
Interim Site Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: work envionment
United way does wonderful things

They reach out to the community

everyone is super friendly
A very warm and inviting company with creative freedom.
Front Desk Volunteer Staff Supervisor/Trainer (Current Employee), Frederick, MDAugust 12, 2014
The work days are usually very active withthe staff completing a pre-set agenda.

Team work and time management is the key to getting the days work done.

The employees are all dedicated to giving 100% effort to the company and we all work well together.

The challenge is planning an event at sometimes a moments notice, Customers find us and need us immediately to execute a party plan with little time to do it.

The best part of being apart of a creative business is your mind is full of imagination and you get to use it. Ideas spring up and come to life, even at the last minute to deliver an awesome event.
Productive work place where people are working hard creating opportunities for a better life for all its citizens in the community.
Intern at United Way (Former Employee), Lancaster, SCAugust 2, 2014
A typical day at United way is a day of people being persistent, and having the drive to push an issue so that goals are accomplished. While working for United Way, I acquired the knowledge, skills, and attitude needed to become a professional, while learning the value of professionalism. I learned how to communicate effectively and interpersonally while working with others outside the parameter of the organization, and within it. I gained a great deal of knowledge about the organization and the knowledge needed to succeed personally and professionally in the organization. Through my supervisor at United Way I gained administrative, marketing, critical thinking, active listening and speaking skills. United Way convinced me that it takes being pleasant to others, displaying good-nature and cooperative attitude in order to receive the respect from those I am working with or helping. However, while working for United Way, the hardest part of the job is knowing that there are people in need or having a crisis, and you can't help them all right away or at all. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are showcasing good citizenship because your daily job consist of you having the drive, and the enthusiasm to push issues, in which you strive to improve citizens life daily.
Great job opportunity
Pledge Processor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 30, 2014
Great job opportunity to gain the experience. I obtained this role via a temp agency. There was not an opportunity to go permanent in this role.
An awesome place to get involved with charitable giving.
Volunteer Staff Trainer/Front Desk (Current Employee), Frederick, MDJune 25, 2014
Pros: meeting great people
Cons: i can not stay forever
I love volunteering at United Way oF Frederick. I the CEO and management team are a great.
Great organization
Funds Allocator (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 29, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: time
Had the opportunity to volunteer and the experience is very rewarding. This agency functions on low staff but high productivity. Great place to work!

United Way Salaries