United Way

United Way Employer Reviews

Productive and a fun place to work
Finance Clerk (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 22, 2013
Pros: helping other
Cons: short time to work there
United Way was a good company to work for. I learned how to process different company pledges. I saw how they helped people who was in needed.
Fun workplace, friendly people
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 13, 2013
Fun work environment
People were friendly
Always willing to teach
Outstanding work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2013
Greeting all customers as they walked in. Helping all customers with any complaints or problems. Keeping a positive attitude at all times.
Nice people and good place to work
Program Officer (Former Employee), Vestal, NYJuly 29, 2013
Learn a lot about program development and evaluation. I participated in two projects during my internship.
Productive, Helped customers set up appointments
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 26, 2013
Productive, helped customers set up appointments. Compensation was good.
Productive, Teamwork.
Event Planner (Former Employee), Union, NJJuly 9, 2013
I was able to work with many individuals in a team with a goal to work towards event planning.
Staff most apprecitive of what volunteer work you can do.
VITA/TCE Tax preparer (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch while working, luncheon when tax season over, dinner cruise in la harbour
United Way staff were always accommidating while you were volunteering. Everyone was so happy doing whatever needed to be done so clients getting there Income Taxes prepared felt special also. I plan to volunteer my time again. It was a gratifying experience to give back to the community.
Refuse to ever support this company
I & R Specialist (Former Employee), MassachusettsJune 29, 2013
Pros: pay was decent
Cons: no benefits, uncaring management, toxic environment, stressful
I refused to support the United Way. I worked at one of their programs that was severely underfunded and management kept tackling more & more tasks to employees without anything in return. There were no benefits for the job. If you had to take a day off, then you had to lose on the pay. The stress was unbelievably high! This is a job I took as a Part – more... Time position and I could not believe how high the stress was. Management did not care and refused to listen to employees ideas on how to improve the work place. The only thing worth it was the pay until they started laying off those who made the most, in return for hiring lower paying individuals. UW is a joke. The CEO makes just under 300k and no non profit CEO should ever make that MUCH! – less
Review
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJune 27, 2013
Coordinate volunteer teams to complete Hurricane and Tornado Relief efforts.
Lead team of up to 50 people at a time
Help clients rebuild property and restore their lives back to before the storm.
Work one on one with Habitat for Humanity and United Way, Local Churches and community leaders.
Volunteer Opportunity
Women's Leadership Council - Member (Current Employee), Mason City, IAJune 19, 2013
This is a new Council in the Mason City area. We only started this year and it have been exciting to be a part of. We have decided to focus on Mental Wellness/Health at this time.
Volunteer Opportunity
Motivated people working together
Campaign Liaison Intern (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJune 12, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: stressful workplan
Work place giving campaigns are hard work and you need a motivated people working with you. The leadership didn't give a ton of job specific training but you learn as you go. Fun office environment too.
United Way
Receptionist (Current Employee), Zanesville, OHJune 11, 2013
Pros: works with my school schedule
Cons: this is a work study job through school, so i won't be here after my time is up.
I love this company. I am able to sit here answer the phones and direct people to where they need to go or call to get help! I love working for a company who helps the community!
Not only that my manager has been VERY understanding of the issues going on with my son and has allowed me to take the time when I need to whether it's last minute notice or – more... a week notice. Very appreciative of this work. – less
Excellent experience for networking
Loaned Associate (Former Employee), Kokomo, INJune 10, 2013
Cons: no health care, and the job was seasonal
A typical day would begin by planning an organized route to approach potential donators. I learned to have more compassion for people who have absolutely nothing. I also learned how many people in this community are in need of help, as well as, how many kind-hearted people there are in the community willing to give. I very much enjoyed working with – more... management and my co-workers. The hardest part of the job would have been being turned down, due to the state of the economy. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people, the joy of receiving donations, and the get-togethers we had. It was a great experience! – less
Admini Assistant (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJune 9, 2013
Awesome non-profit company with a great executive director who is honestly for the greater good of the community . Overall, not many complaints that I've not complained about with other employers. Above average work experience.
learn a lot experience from tax return
Volunteer tax prepare (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 16, 2013
Pros: learn a lot experience from tax return
Cons: old equipment
This is a good place for working experience. Working as a volunteer tax preparer was an opportunity for me to use and practice the accounting knowledge.
Great
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 1, 2013
Learned how to work at a fast pace, I enjoyed typing also the employees was great and nice.
good to the comunnity
Assistant Coordinator, Surge after school program (Former Employee), Waterloo, NYApril 23, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Love helping people in need, great place to work. co-workers are very friendly and helpful.
great opportunity to help and meet new people
Day of Caring Volunteer (Current Employee), Wingate, NCApril 2, 2013
all of the families helped, are very appreciative; they also like the fact that a bunch of us are college athletes
Great work from home opportunities
Member Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2013
Pros: paid vacations
Cons: you encounter the good, the bad and the ugly all by yourself
The hardest part of the job is managing traffic when traveling to various project sites.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with bids and contractors.