United Way Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working at United Way
Operations Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJanuary 15, 2017
I loved helping people. I would come in each day and check my email. Then I would update 211 information and referral for different events going on in the community. I would then do the Account Receivables and any Campaign packets that came in from different organizations and companies. I would do anything else that needed done including filing.
Pros
Helping People
Cons
I was not happy with management
Productive, Rewarding and fast paced
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  staten island, nyJanuary 11, 2017
Worked as Administrative Assistant in a medical clinic, scheduled appointments, talked with families of children with developmental disabilities regarding services that are available to help them. It was rewarding when families were able to get the help they needed.
Double Check
Area Coordinator/ Vita Tax Program (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLDecember 30, 2016
You will be the liaison between the United Way, IRS and the public. You job is to make sure that the returns are prepared properly, coordinate schedule for site volunteers, make sure the equipment is updated constantly..
Homeless foundation
Homeless Shelter Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Monticello, NYDecember 24, 2016
Worked in organizing clothing toys books giving to those in need also giving preparing and receiving food for the homeless or other that areally in serious need help them find places to stay and attend for help when needed.. stocking up rooms and closets when receiving more items that are giving for the needs..
working at the United Way
Loaned Executive/ Fundraising (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 16, 2016
Great company but moving up is not easy. Great work to home balance along with great coworkers. It really is nice getting to give back by working with different charities while at work.
A day at United Way
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 16, 2016
United Way was very informative and helpful. This was a business that could really help you grow in life. They taught us the aspects of the workplace, the requirements on conducting a good interview, and what to wear for an interview. They would place us in paid internships where we would acquire new skills. The management was great and my co-workers were awesome.
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 12, 2016
Great place to work. Great staff, enjoyed learning new things and meeting the customers. Provided merchandise, and provided excellent customer care within company.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
location
Impacts local community in a positive way
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSDecember 5, 2016
This was one of my most fulfilling jobs in a career with many jobs due to my husband's relocations in his career. I was able to make a positive impact in my own community in real life ways. A local United Way chapter determines the needs in their hometowns and sets their own goals and priorities.
Pros
Hands on help provided to your own community
Cons
Work for a board of directors
Campaign staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Robins AFB, GADecember 1, 2016
While only working durning the 2016 Combined Campaign, It was an excellent place to work for, friendly, helpful, excellent place to work for.

Open office
Make appointments
Give out supplies
Take in Money
Take deposit to bank.
Pros
Manegment
Cons
Job was only a few months
Looks good on your resume
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia County, PANovember 29, 2016
I was a volunteer at united way, looks good on your resume and you are able to network with some very helpful people as well as gain certifications such as first aid.
Awesome co workers!
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSNovember 8, 2016
This place is a great place to work for. I was able to help so many people and I. The end I realized how much this company helped me grow and become the person I am today!
Love helping people
Fund Raiser (Former Employee) –  Phillips, WINovember 7, 2016
Would get donations and walk for the walk donations. this was very gratifying work for me. Was a good way to get exercise and stay healthy.
Great Company!
Team Member/Active Contributor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2016
A company that truly cares about the well-being of people and making sure their efforts are seen within the community. Amazing team members and work life balance.
fast moving enviorment, multi task, freindly people
Volunteer Work/Certification (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 27, 2016
there to learn exceed and excel far beyond my call of duty. Enjoy helping and working with people. Will to lean in every aspect of the work place. people, person dependable.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks
Our company would provide a fun day to increase participation for the United Way.
Volunteer and First and CPR (Former Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSSeptember 20, 2016
I actively contributed to the United Way during my career at ITW Paslode. We as employees, contributed funds to support our local United Way to provide resources for individuals who were in need.
Pros
Fun day once a year. It included games and prizes
Cons
n/a
It is an all inclusive safe place for hurting women.
BUILDING SUPERVISOR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 12, 2016
I really looked forward to each day of work,It was not long before the ladies asked me to come in early to have breakfast with them.management okay it.they touched my heart day by day.
Pros
I had flex Hrs.with no problems with over time.
Cons
I did all things inside and outside of the building and I would it again.
Ideal job, wonderful staff, great cooperation
Erie County Senior Center (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHAugust 30, 2016
I did not work for United Way.

I worked at the Erie County Senior Center. It was a pleasure to go to work each day. The participants were inspiring; volunteers were dedicated; and the staff conscientious and willing to go far beyond expectations of the job. Every day was a new adventure.
Pros
Having fun while working. Positive feedback.
Cons
Occasionally, long hours to complete required work.
Great team to work with
Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIAugust 24, 2016
I loved my job. It was challenging at every level. I was proud to work for an organization with such strong conviction to the community as a whole and their mission. I especially enjoyed my co-workers. We were a great team.
Productive Volunteer Environment
Loaned Executive (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAJuly 7, 2016
Examine a number of options withing a Charity environment can be rewarding and satisfying. The purpose is relating decision making in the business world and communities to understand the greater good..
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Wages
Austin UW has a terrible work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 9, 2016
I can't speak for other United Ways across the county, but the United Way in Austin, TX is financially unstable. The managers are only interested in advocating for their own jobs when budget cuts are a possibility, which is frequently. Staff are given extremely heavy work loads with few to no opportunities for advancement. Many of the staff exude a general sense of unhappiness.
Pros
Many non-management staff are good people stuck in bad jobs
Cons
Generally working for this organization