United Way

United Way Employer Reviews

Review
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJune 27, 2013
Coordinate volunteer teams to complete Hurricane and Tornado Relief efforts.
Lead team of up to 50 people at a time
Help clients rebuild property and restore their lives back to before the storm.
Work one on one with Habitat for Humanity and United Way, Local Churches and community leaders.
Volunteer Opportunity
Women's Leadership Council - Member (Current Employee), Mason City, IAJune 19, 2013
This is a new Council in the Mason City area. We only started this year and it have been exciting to be a part of. We have decided to focus on Mental Wellness/Health at this time.
Volunteer Opportunity
Motivated people working together
Campaign Liaison Intern (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJune 12, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: stressful workplan
Work place giving campaigns are hard work and you need a motivated people working with you. The leadership didn't give a ton of job specific training but you learn as you go. Fun office environment too.
United Way
Receptionist (Current Employee), Zanesville, OHJune 11, 2013
Pros: works with my school schedule
Cons: this is a work study job through school, so i won't be here after my time is up.
I love this company. I am able to sit here answer the phones and direct people to where they need to go or call to get help! I love working for a company who helps the community!
Not only that my manager has been VERY understanding of the issues going on with my son and has allowed me to take the time when I need to whether it's last minute notice or – more... a week notice. Very appreciative of this work. – less
Excellent experience for networking
Loaned Associate (Former Employee), Kokomo, INJune 10, 2013
Cons: no health care, and the job was seasonal
A typical day would begin by planning an organized route to approach potential donators. I learned to have more compassion for people who have absolutely nothing. I also learned how many people in this community are in need of help, as well as, how many kind-hearted people there are in the community willing to give. I very much enjoyed working with – more... management and my co-workers. The hardest part of the job would have been being turned down, due to the state of the economy. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people, the joy of receiving donations, and the get-togethers we had. It was a great experience! – less
Admini Assistant (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJune 9, 2013
Awesome non-profit company with a great executive director who is honestly for the greater good of the community . Overall, not many complaints that I've not complained about with other employers. Above average work experience.
learn a lot experience from tax return
Volunteer tax prepare (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 16, 2013
Pros: learn a lot experience from tax return
Cons: old equipment
This is a good place for working experience. Working as a volunteer tax preparer was an opportunity for me to use and practice the accounting knowledge.
Great
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 1, 2013
Learned how to work at a fast pace, I enjoyed typing also the employees was great and nice.
good to the comunnity
Assistant Coordinator, Surge after school program (Former Employee), Waterloo, NYApril 23, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Love helping people in need, great place to work. co-workers are very friendly and helpful.
great opportunity to help and meet new people
Day of Caring Volunteer (Current Employee), Wingate, NCApril 2, 2013
all of the families helped, are very appreciative; they also like the fact that a bunch of us are college athletes
Great work from home opportunities
Member Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2013
Pros: paid vacations
Cons: you encounter the good, the bad and the ugly all by yourself
The hardest part of the job is managing traffic when traveling to various project sites.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with bids and contractors.
Great opportunity for extending education/experience.
Tax Preparer (Current Employee), Wichita Falls, TXMarch 26, 2013
This internship took my college courses and put them in direct use while also dealing with the general public.
custoner-based emphasis
Administrative Coordinator II (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: trusted that i would get the requested job done
Cons: did no micro manage
typical day at work - slow had o set personal daily goals for self
what you learned - how far reaching Unite Way is
management
your co-workers -knowledgeable
the hardest part of the job - was not having enough to do
the most enjoyable part of the job - was the customer contact in the overall client base
Productive fun place to work.
Internship (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: friendly people
I interned at United Way of Greater Chattanooga the summer of my junior year in College. It was the best experience of my life and opened my eyes to what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
Nurses Aide, taking care of a patient in which he was bed ridden and could not do anything for himself.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Wooster, OHJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: the assurance of a job well done.
Cons: no benefits
Complete care of the patient, cooking and feeding him, Complete care of the Laundry, light housekeeping, Using a lift to take him in and out of bed, Short walk in a wheelchair, if the weather permitted in the afternoon before putting him back in bed. I learned what it was like for a person whom was very active, (like my husband), to never be able to – more... communicate or do anything for himself. Co-workers, there were none. The hardest parts were using the lift to put him in his wheelchair and out of bed, and to see what a good and active man so helpless. The most enjoyable part, I guess was being able to help and care for the patient, and being there for his wife, Whom loved and cared for him. – less
Its a great company
Administrative Assistant/Volunteer (Current Employee), monroe,laJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: there is nothing i dont like
Its a company that really reaches out and helps the community with any help needed housing,paying bills,schools, food bank, a safe place to go
Excellent Company to work for
Success by Six Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: good health benefits
Cons: grant
Exceptional company to work for. Good working enviornment. Excellent advancements available.
Great coworkers, nice environment
Work Study Student (Current Employee), Berwick, PAJanuary 13, 2013
my boss always says thank you, all of my coworkers are very nice. I work in a clean, warm environment
A nice place to work at
Customer Service (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not being able to help every call
the work day consisted of anwereing phone calls from people that needed assistance with rent, utilities, food and medical care.
I learned to be able to refer clients to other agencies of assistance.
Management was nice and helpful with any questions I had.
Co-workers were nice. The hardest part of the job was having to tell the caller that there were – more... no funds available. the most enjoybale was when we were able to help a family with food and money for rent. – less