United Way

United Way Employer Reviews

REWARDING EXPERIENCES BY ASSISTING THOSE IN NEED IN MORE THAN ONE WAYS
Medical and Legal Interpreter/Translator (Former Employee), MARLBOROUGH, MADecember 6, 2012
(note) The United Way just recently took over the Old Marlborough Community Services (MCSI), I never worked for United Way directly.

In a typical day at work, it varied every day, different persons, different needs, but always a smile afterwards and a thank you.

I learned to be more patient and to appreciate the different problems to be resolved in – more... pro of other people's needs.

Management were always willing to cooperate in resolving the patient's needs.

My co-workers always with a smile an eager to assist.

Never hard, sometimes slower but never hard

The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to help other in their problems by assisting them with their language barriers. – less
Very fun and productive place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Shelby, NCNovember 12, 2012
A typical day at work was making sure payroll was done correctly and all mileage was accounted for. I learned how to do payroll. Management was firm put great to work for. My co workers were the best. The hardest part of the job was during campaign season. Making sure we had all the letters out and had the correct address and letter in each envelope.
Volunteer Work/Community Service (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 20, 2012
For United Way I took a day to help pick up trash in a area. The only thing I didnt like about it was the heat.
very nice place to volunteer at.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Traverse City, MIOctober 16, 2012
Pros: get to get out in the community to help others.
Cons: no cons as i enjoy the time to help others.
a lot of fun, and balanced time to help others in need that very well might not have had help otherwise.
Never met such a hard working group of devoted people
Director (Former Employee), Elizabeth City, NCAugust 28, 2012
Unted Way. what can I say other than "Great group of local business people with lots of heart for those in need. I really enjoyed working with this group. I wish them lots of good fortune in the future.
Great group of people
Volunteer Tax Preparer (Current Employee), Boynton Beach, FLAugust 24, 2012
Enjoy interacting with people and helping them understand their tax liability.
Goal Oriented
Operations Manager, Community Investment (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2012
Pros: the relationships you build
Cons: extremely fast paced
Very fast paced day to day activities and a lot of collaborative work and continuous communications. I've learned to work independently as well as with a team. Working here has helped me develop skills that allow me to handle high volume work loads, manage relationships internally/externally at various levels and across different sectors, trouble shoot – more... and provide resolution, manage various data systems, use several micro soft applications with high proficiency, and to be adaptable even under the most strenuous circumstances. – less
Review
volunteer (Former Employee), Dumas, TXAugust 3, 2012
It was strictly a volunteer job. I traveled to various businesses and gave programs to help raise money for United Way.
wonderful organization
Internship (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAJuly 18, 2012
I had a great experience as an intern at United Way, I learned so much and would love to work for an organization like this in the near future
It was great extracurricular work
Volunteer Income Tax Assistant (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJuly 5, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: the work was a trial by fire
I loved being able to volunteer and work for my country. Also, it was great to know that I was helping people without charge to them so all they had to worry about was waiting for their returns or paying their taxes.
A wonderful place to work for a good cause
Director Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo,NYJune 28, 2012
A typical day at United way was always busy. The day started off with filing records from the previous day. Recording the pledges into the computer system. Recording the amounts that was giving for donations. After all the records was entered into the system. The Directed and I worked closed together. I had to write and send thank you letters out to – more... many corporation. I also entered information into spread sheets for the director. The hardest part of my job was making sure that the donations matched the amount on the folder to the amount in the system to the amount that was actually donated. That was the hardest part and the most enjoyable. Just to be apart of an organization that shows you everyday that people do care and we can make a difference was a GREAT experience. – less
Volunteer Work
Volunteer and donor (Current Employee), Cincinnati OHJune 17, 2012
Pros: flexible schedules
Very easy to find ways to volunteer and really nice people. There are tons of organizations to get involved with and it's an extremely diverse organization to volunteer for.
Excelent work environment.
Internship (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaJune 11, 2012
Loved interning for 211, they have a great staff. Very supportive.
They care for the clients.
Do so much for the community.
B2B marketing experience
Marketing Campaign Representative (Former Employee), Granite City, ILApril 10, 2012
At United Way I learned how to coordinate marketing events while also being able to raise money for charity. I was able to put together B2B presentations and also headed the silent auction. The most enjoyable part of the job was being given the opportunity to manage my own days and work independently. The hardest part learning how to convey United Way's – more... message to each business during the first couple weeks. – less
Rewarding to see how many lives we touched with help from United Way Pledges
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Keene, NHMarch 20, 2012
Loved working here and seeing all the lives we touched in many different ways, from abuse to hunger and also some medical expenses. Watching people pledge their money to help others make it through life was great.
Productive and well established work force
Receptionist (Former Employee), Hillsdale, MIMarch 12, 2012
Flexible on scheduling and an advisor who is willing to help out with anything.
Great Non-profit organization
Grant Writer (Former Employee), Provo, UTFebruary 17, 2012
Great non-profit organization. Community outreach work.
Front desk
Receptionist (Former Employee), London, ONJune 30, 2014
This position was a contract based work.

I would answer phones and direct the particular callers to the right depart ment and or right person.

I would also arrange meetings and order the food for this function.

I was there approximately 4 months.

The management was amazing. I enjoyed working the diverse staff and clients.
typing
Data Entry Clerk (Placement) (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Cons: 8 hours monday to friday
Entered and filed all data into electronic files.
Data Entry Speed.
Organized and filed matching entries.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: felt great to volunteer
Cons: no pay
Wasn't a job it was Volunteer work people were great everyone is willing to go out of their way to help others.