United Wholesale Mortgage Employee Reviews

Fun yet professional workplace that cares about it's employees
Underwriting Support (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day at work would entail reviewing documents for loans, submitting loans to Underwriting, and logging progress on Microsoft Excel. Every day we had a 10-20 minute team meeting to discuss goals as well as current events within the company. Rather than "managers" we had team leads. The only challenge I really faced with this position was something I actually enjoyed. We were required to meet a certain quota each day, though it was challenging, it was also fun to see how high I could get my numbers. This job was very enjoyable because the company will do whatever it takes to make sure the employees feel safe and comfortable.
Pros
Great co-workers, benefits, gym and Starbucks on site
Underwriting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 10, 2016
This job has a work/life balance because it only works you 40 hours. with the opportunity for overtime. The culture here is great and a family oriented type of work environment. My co-workers are great and helpful. The job is not hard at all just the work hours as far as the time I get off.
Pros
easy; understandable; great place to work; friendly environment
Cons
the time i get off work.
Fun Work Place but unseen issues
Underwriting Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 28, 2015
This place is fun to work but the issue is there is a lot that goes on the the higher ups are not aware of when it comes to fairness.
Pros
Work Out Facility, Great Lunch, Weekends Off, Dance Parties
Cons
Forced to stay in spots when you want to move to areas of interest, Lots of unfairness takes place from lower management that is not spoken up on
Don't believe the hype!
Underwriting Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 28, 2016
Please don't believe the comments about best place to work, it's all about perception!!! United Wholesale Mortgage is the worst and I mean the worst place I have ever worked in my life. The company is always hiring to fill the spots of the ones who saw the foolishness. Management is horrible and extremely unprofessional. It seemed to me to have a feel of high school bs and childishness. Managers or as UWM calls it "Team Leads" walk around as if they own the place with their noses up. It's all about who you know and who's butt you kiss to get anywhere in that company. If you have a degree don't bother telling them because degrees don't matter and they really really don't at UWM. Pay is too low to be treated as a child and disrespected by so called management. Unrealistic goals and bs incentives. They even have fake internal interviews. Congratulate individuals for cheating and making false documents. I would not even dare to tell someone to work for UWM. The comment posted about people saying bad things about the company is so so true. I was with the company for 6 months and everyday day I heard co-workers complaining and gossiping. Individuals in charge are untrained and unprofessional. UWB United Wholesale BS...Where You Can Be YOU! Worst company ever!
Pros
Yeah right!
Cons
Pay-Management-Hours-Cafeteria
Great
Underwriter II (Former Employee) –  michiganMarch 28, 2016
United Shore is a wonderful place to work with great training programs and great work experience. The job is fast paced and difficult but very rewarding.
Productive and efficient work place
Senior Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 15, 2016
Issue initial approvals on loan applications by analyzing loan documents on the basis of credit, capacity, and collateral. Expectation is to complete 5 new underwrites daily.
Horrible Place
agent (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 14, 2016
Very unprofessional business, want you to be a robot, no training, managers are very inexperienced. Do not work here !!
Solid company with solid benefits and good people to work with
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 28, 2014
As an account executive at United Wholesale Mortgage, my responsibilities included working with brokers helping facilitate their mortgage transactions. Communication was the most important part of the job. I enjoyed working with my co-workers which made the job most enjoyable. United Wholesale Mortgage moved into a new building when I started and hired many account executives. But their goal to join corporate America needed more planning and many of the changes were never followed through.But overall my experience with United Wholesale Mortgage was enjoyable.
Pros
Working with clients and my co-workers
Cons
Micro-managed to the extreme
Don't believe the hype!
Closing (Former Employee) –  Troy, miJuly 10, 2013
I am a past employee. You will not be respected, the pay sucks and I was near cussed out everyday by brokers and title companies due to OTHER People's mistakes! The company tries to deliver more than what they are capable of. Some of us was told we would get raises after a so-called promotion but never did, but got the run-around instead. The bonus programmed was not good either. The manager and her assistant are not approachable at all. Don't believe the other people before my comment saying its the best job they ever had...I never ran into ONE person there actually said that...not one...always the opposite. Run fast...
Best company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, MIOctober 23, 2012
I have been with UWM for 4 years and in my profession for 12. This is by far the best job I have ever had and best company I have ever worked for. The camaraderie, the leadership and the opportunity to grow are unparalleled. Getting up and coming to work every day is enjoyable and does not feel like "work." I hope to be a part of this success story for years to come.
Pros
opportunity to interact with senior leaders on a daily basis, location, positive energy, great co workers, hour lunch and the best company events!!!!
Productive and Fun Working Environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MIOctober 19, 2012
United Wholesale was a great place to work. The people and the environment made united wholesale a fun place to work. Even though it was a relaxed atmosphere you were there to work for a full 8 hours a day. When it was business time you conducted business. President to Division managers were great, however, some of the team leaders could be more helpful. While working you were on the phones non-stop trying to gain business and make strides to reach your individual goals. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to various brokers and loan officers while building lasting relationships with your clients.
Exciting place to be
Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, MIOctober 30, 2012
I have worked for some dynamic companies, but none so unique as UWM. To say the growth is explosive is an understatement, and from the top down, all employees feel instrumental in UWM's success. The work atmosphere is very positive and the people are what make the company so special. Opinions and ideas are heard, and I feel very secure in my role. It's a pleasure to have a job that you look forward to being at each day, and I think it's rare to find a company like UWM. I expect to be here for a very long time.
Pros
incentives, growth from within, rewards, great people
The best job I've ever had!
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, MIOctober 30, 2012
I've had many jobs, from slinging ice cream to Kmart, libraries, and jewelry stores, but UWM is by far the best workplace of them all.

The managers are very understanding and more than fair. The president of the company makes himself available for you. There's always something fun to work on, and the fact that my job involves boosting company morale is the best of all!

I was a little intimidated at first, but everyone here is very friendly and always willing to help.

I highly recommend working here, but you do have work hard. The wonderful people and environment make it worth it, though.
Pros
free fountain pop, lots of employee perks, great benefits
Cons
cramped work area until we move in a couple months
Energetic Work Environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 24, 2013
Good teamwork in an open call center type environment. I learned great in-depth mortgage industry practices. knowledgeable and helpful team of co-workers. management style is somewhat inflexible, micromanaging, and at times out of touch. The hardest part of the job is managing stressed relationships. In the mortgage industry, things sometimes go sideways and small mistakes can have large costs. When these issues happen, how you handle the situation will make or break your success.
Best first job out of college
Underwriter II (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MISeptember 26, 2013
Great people to work for in Troy MI, made everlasting friends and will always know the who's who of the mortgage industry. I learned the basics of Mortgage loan underwriting by working my way up from the rate lock desk. internal mobility was smooth, and everyone was always friendly and eager to help. Company closed during sub-prime, but we will never forget our colleagues "smack, smack" off of Big Beaver rd, Exit 69.
Some Perks but very stressful
Wire Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 14, 2013
Hardest part is dealing with poor management. Very degrading, unapproachable, multiple labor law violations. Not much advancement unless you're among the "favored" by management.
Pros
Free fountain drinks, valet service, in house gym facilities
Cons
Poor management.
UWM ... A Great Place to Work!
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 6, 2013
This is a great company to work for. This company's culture is AMAZING, with a good support structure for professional development.
Pros
incredible growth, incentives, company events, location, open door policy, positive culture, what more can i say?!?
Sadly Not a friendly place to work at
Underwriting Support (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 14, 2014
One of the worst person I worked for. I just did my work and the best I could and I got very mis-treated and I was always looked over for trying to move ahead since I didn't know or work in the past with others that were there.
Quicken Loans Company !!!!1
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 29, 2014
A good way to learn about the real estate business and sales. Free pop corn and snacks. Great Management
Pros
Free food, Fun, great place to work
Cons
base salary is low
Fun and positive environment in new buiding with many amenities
Underwriter II FHA (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 13, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job was helping people get into their new homes or refinance into a lower rate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Wholesale Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9