UnitedHealth Group
1,981 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Play the game or you're an outcast
Anonymous (Current Employee), Richardson, TXMay 22, 2015
Pros: Work at home
Cons: Benefits, Management, Lack of Accountability, No room for advancement unless you know the right person
Working at home is the most positive thing about this company.

Employees are nice, but management is not very accepting of people that stand up for themselves. Very childish environment where you have to play a game to get ahead and know the right person to even be considered.
fun productive place to work
Member Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee), Elkridge, MDMay 21, 2015
extensive training and high goal expectations. fun culture. management was adequate. There was mandatory overtime for months at a time but the pay was well worth it. the facility was nice and the hours were lovely.
AWESOME PLACE TO WORK
Front Pharmacy Clerk (Current Employee), CYPRESS, CAMay 20, 2015
I REALLY ENJOYED WORKING AT THIS JOB. THEY ENGAGE ALOT WITH THEIR PPL AND THE CO WORKERS ARE AWESOME. THEY HAVE DO NOT REHIRE THOUGH.
A good company to work for, but had it's pros and cons.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLMay 20, 2015
A typical day at work was handling all incoming patient related concerns on a daily basis. I learned how to handle every situation I had to deal with, from screaming members to members who were always very polite. The management I worked for was excellent and supportive. Unfortunately, the department I worked for the co-workers only cared about themselves and were not team players. In an office environment, working as a team is essential in keeping the work flowing smoothly. The hardest part of this job was the members who were always calling with complaints and sometimes would stay upset because we couldn't do anything to change their situation. The most enjoyable part of this job was my management, as she was a great manager. This company was also in transition to becoming United Healthcare when I was working there.
Pros of being supervisor
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), DenverMay 20, 2015
Call center work can be very stressful. Whether you work for a customer service, sales, or technical service account, you will encounter heavy stress. This is part of the reason why a lot of call center agents are smokers. The stress from call center work does not only come from the nature of the work, it also comes from the culture of the customers that we deal with.
Worst Company.
Member Service Rep (Former Employee), Cypress, CaMay 19, 2015
Pros: All Bad.
Cons: Short Lunches over work under payed.
I worked for united Health care worst company.
Very unprofessional environment,lots of favortism.This job is so stressful you're not promoted by your work ethics. You're promoted by who you know and by kissing butt. Management, isn't helpful at all. High turnover rate. Very high school environment just ghetto as can be. Do yourself a favor dont go here. Under payed over worked. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Cannot get any assistance from management. Customers are treated poorly, manangement never return customers calls. Just very frustrating company to work for.
Felt as though I was making an impact on growth daily
Team Lead/Manager of Contracting (Former Employee), Elkridge, MDMay 19, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Job Work/Life Balance was key. Management was very positive. Benefits could have been better. Suggested changes were taken seriously.
Stressful work environment
Provider phone representative (Current Employee), Frederick, MDMay 18, 2015
I worked for this company for over two years and for the first year and a half, I enjoyed what I did. Now it is becoming clear that UHC's management is slacking. Our systems have so many issues; meaning, in provider services we have a lot of denied claims with no explanations. Our claims processing system is a complete failure. They have been making everyone in work mandatory overtime for 3 months out of this year so far. We are so busy because of all the issues that have yet to be fixed. This is a decent paying job with decent benefits, but at this point, I would leave this company for a job I could enjoy more even if that meant a pay cut. I am looking forward to getting out of this company and I do not recommend this as a job for anyone.
Great Company
License Insurance Agent/TeleSales (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIMay 18, 2015
Pros: Volunteer work, Flexibility, Healthcare, Education
I love working at UnitedHealth Care as a licensed insurance agent. I mostly receive inbound calls of Medicare eligible individuals. I help confirm eligibility, go over plan information and enroll over the phone. If that isn't the fit for their needs I set up in home appointments or a group meeting after confirming HIPAA. I do make outbound calls as needed based on company needs. I enjoy helping others by helping them make educated decisions on their health care needs and making a difference.
United Health Group
Provider Services Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 18, 2015
Not really a good company to work for. Would not recommend to anyone. Low pay and too mich work. Havent learned anything and the mandatory over time is too much
RE: Call center rep
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 18, 2015
The company as a whole was great to work for. The benefits were excellent. I did not like the call center atmosphere at all however, I liked talking to the clients.
Very fortunate to be employed by this company
Onsite Care Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 18, 2015
Pros: Supportive, competent and knowledgeable managers, decent salary and benefits
Cons: None for me so far
Supportive, knowledgeable and competent manager, more than adequate education opportunities, decent salary and benefits and very cohesive team of nurses managing the NYC providers and members.
uhc
Clinical Administrative Coordinator, (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOMay 17, 2015
Respond to incoming provider and enrollee calls, resolves customer service inquires that could include entering in notifications, Providers status of an existing notification and determining if notification is required, completing notification wizard along with ICD-9 and CPT coding. Provides excellent customer service to both providers and enrollees. Constantly meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining good attendance. Assist with faxes and emails
hard working and determined
stand manager (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMay 17, 2015
I enjoy working wit others, accomplishing company goals, enjoy learning and communicating, great team player,remain open minded
This was a beautiful call center, with excellent training and mentoring
Assist Seniors enroll in Medicare Plans (Former Employee), SR 60 and U.S Hwy 301, Brandon FLMay 17, 2015
Pros: Beautiful State of the Art Call Center Environment/Stellar Training
Cons: No Longevity, No employ beyond AEP, No Benefits, Illusion of continuous employ
This again, was work through an outsourcing company called APAC. We did not work directly for United Healthcare. The training was 7 weeks before taking live calls, which in my experience is exemplary. The supervisors, training and mentoring was world class. The call center environment was business casual, but very excellent and overall good place to work. The downside, like all the other positions mentioned is the longevity of the agent regarding temporary or seasonal employ. This company, in everything they said or did made the agents feel that we would have employment beyond AEP if we were top performer's. When AEP was over, that was our last day. United Healthcare did not continue there contract with APAC and the call center eventually closed. This was my first experience in a call center so I was stupified that they did not keep high producing agents for continuous work. I did not realize that this is the standard regarding Medicare sales. I think both APAC and United Healtcare should have been more upfront about that eventuality. No benefits.
RN-HEDIS TEAM (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2015
Work with a great group of individuals. Director and Manager are great to work with and allow us a lot of autonomy and support with ideas and our primary functions.
one of the best companies to work for
Health Advisor (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 16, 2015
Pros: schedules are great
Cons: none
one of the best companies to work for; schedules are great..only mon-fri. very helpful and friendly supervisors. customers at time can be outrate but other than that a very good company to work for
Issues with Management
Provider Phone Representative-Sr (Former Employee), Oldsmar, FLMay 14, 2015
Had some issues with upper management after not being allowed to advance after 4 years with the company. Couldn't work for a company I didn't respect any longer.
Productive, whole lot experience gained
Senior Customer Service Operator (Former Employee), Cypress, CAMay 13, 2015
Pros: foodcourt inside building
Cons: short breaks and lunches
A typical day at work is mostly only the phone. Answering about 30-60 incoming calls per day on average. Management is a bit complicated since they hired 100+ staffs at once.
Great environment
Cashier/Barista (Current Employee), Chandler, AZMay 13, 2015
Great people, great guest, overall great experience!
Would totally recommend. Teaches you a lot, and willing to take the time to make sure you get it.

1 2 3 4 5

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Salaries

$32,000 per year
Account Resolution Specialist
$33,000 per year

UnitedHealth Group Photos

OptumRx volunteers serve hot meals to 150+ guests at Mary’s Kitchen for the homeless.
UnitedHealthcare employees volunteer at St. Louis Food Bank providing 7,288 meals.
Myself at Office entrance main