UnitedHealth Group
2,059 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Good Work Culture
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENATIVE (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 3, 2015
Really enforce education and learning more to better your career opportunities and the companies. You are allowed to set goals for yourself as well as your manager is allowed to set goals for you.
busy/good customer to serve on daily base
Customer service Professional start date (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJuly 3, 2015
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: company lack compassion for workers
the day always started great, I don't have any dirt to slang the company gave me a job and I worked. My service to UHC was part time which allow me to manage my home life better/ working three days a week was great and I would look forward to coming to work, just that I had to resign to attend to sickly parent.
My experience at united healthcare
Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta GAJuly 2, 2015
it was a very learning experience, i learned more about healthcare and became very computer savvy. It included both teamwork and how to work individually to get a job done.
Claims processing, a job I loved
Claims Processor and Auditor (Former Employee), Hooksett, NHJuly 2, 2015
I started as temp and was hired permanent when the company was known as Oxford. United Healthcare took over company. I loved processing claims, but decided to go into the audit department. Most of the co workers were great and the atmosphere is good.
a good place to work
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Nice work environment
Cons: a lot of work, sometimes understaffed
I enjoyed working at UHC. It was a bit rough, but it was processing medical claims and they can be difficult at times... Over all, I enjoyed working there and if I could I'd probably still be working there.
UHN Gulf States
Manager of Network Contracting (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 30, 2015
Pros: No Micro Managing
Cons: Understaffed
Intense work environment. The Gulf States (Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi) became the three most productive states in the Southeast region for United HealthCare. Consistently winning major bids and new business. The latest example is the huge win of the Medicaid business in both Louisiana and Mississippi.
Interesting place to work
Senior Clin Admin Cord Prior Auth (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTJune 30, 2015
Pros: Nice work area
Cons: Short lunches
UnitedHealth mission is to help people live healthier lives and I like that United Healthcare is very involved in giving back to the community and promotes their employees to volunteer.
Productive and engaged with the community
Community Outreach Representative (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 30, 2015
Good place to work, very professional and we actively engage with the community and its members. There's always something new to learn as we continue to grow in the services we provide to our members
Process inform requests and act as subject matter expert for answering questions of RM specialists
REFERRAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 30, 2015
Typical day consists of processing inform requests for errors by the company and answer questions for other RM specialists as the subject matter expert.
Great Place to work
Assist members and providers (Former Employee), Kingston, NYJune 28, 2015
Wonderful place to work, great staff. Always working together as a team. Fast paced environment but friendly atmosphere
Great work environment
Clinical Quality Specialist -HEDIS (Former Employee), Remote from homeJune 28, 2015
Though this was a contract position it was a great experience with great staff. They train there staff well for the position they were hired for and answers questions you may have without bias.
Helpdesk Advocate (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 27, 2015
Pros: DECENT PAY
Cons: WORK LIFE BALANCE SUCKS DEPENDING ON SUP
ANSWER INBOUND CALLS
ASSIST PATIENTS WITH MAIL ORDER AND PLAN BENEFIT INFORMATION.
SOME MANAGERS ARE HELPFUL. OTHERS NOT SO MUCH
Fast Pace with something new everyday
BENEFIT ADVOCATE (Former Employee), Chico, CAJune 27, 2015
Very Fast Pace. Very customer service/compassion driven. It is nice talking to people from all over the US. The best part though was the coworkers.
Fun people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), saint louisJune 26, 2015
UHC is a great place to work, everyone is willing to help you. Also the management is great as well.I learned alot working with here.
SUPERVISOR MEDICARE AND RETIREMENT
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee), Cypress, CAJune 24, 2015
REVIEW DAILY METRICS REPORT
ADVISED AND CONFER WITH MANAGEMENT TEAM OF INVENTORY TOTAL AND DATES OF COMPLETION
WORK WITH C.S.R. TO ENSURE INVENTORY LEVELS ARE MET ON A TIMELY BASES DAILY.
Good place to work at.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 24, 2015
It was hard working here because I had a heart. So members would call in and could get there medicine and I had to be the one to tell them that the insurance does not cover it. That was the hardest part of my job.
don't even try to work here
service coordinator (Former Employee), honolulu, hiJune 23, 2015
Pros: benefits: 401 K
Cons: slave
A typical day lasts over 8 hours. The management works you to the bone, to death. Good pay, good benefits, but your body will fall apart as you work.
Micro Managed Call Center.
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee), CaliforniaJune 22, 2015
Pros: Quarterly bonus.
Cons: Restroom and Building are old and dirty.
OptumRx Mail Order Pharmacy is a very stressful enviroment. Employees are cut throat, management play favorites. Every employee is a number that's it. You get written up for not adhering to the dress code.
You can be dieing with a Dr's note you still get written up for not showing up to work. Certain managers speak to there employees as idiots. I have never worked in a enviroment where employees/contractors steal credit card information from the members. Very stressful enviroment. Members are so fustrated and iritated with OptumRx they take it out on the Representative cursing & yelling.
Restroom in the building is constantly breaking down. Employees get harassed for taking to much personal time for restroom visits. Career advancement throughout the company is very hard.
Fun, awesome enviroment
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 22, 2015
Awesome employer. Employer cares about employees. Promotion is open to those striving to climb the ladder. Great place to retire
N/A
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 21, 2015
Assisting medical providers with member benefits and claim inquiries. Receive inbound calls and working in a high call volume call center

1 2 3 4 5

About UnitedHealth Group

We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Salaries

$5,820 per month
Nurse Practitioner
$31,138 per year

UnitedHealth Group Photos

OptumRx volunteers serve hot meals to 150+ guests at Mary’s Kitchen for the homeless.
UnitedHealthcare employees volunteer at St. Louis Food Bank providing 7,288 meals.
Myself at Office entrance main