UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,481 reviews matching the search
A good but very frustrating job.
Representative (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJuly 25, 2016
Honestly this is a good job to have. It pays decent and has decent benefits. The job itself is so frustrating how ever. I've never had a job that has made me want to quit daily.
Pros
Good pay + benefits
Cons
Very frustrating work
Producrive place to work
Optum Contractor (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJuly 25, 2016
This was my 1st call center job and overall it give me a lot of experience to use on future jobs. It help build my communication skills to a new level.
Competent coworkers
Senior Care Advocate Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 25, 2016
Excellent coworkers, clean office, supportive supervisor, free parking, bodega in building, smoke free work place, sufficient pay, great view, free coffee.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
company politics
Hard job, unrealistic expectations
Customer service advocate. (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYJuly 25, 2016
Pay and benefits were decent. The expectations from management were very unrealistic and difficult to achieve. They are not afraid to fire you if you don't meet goals. Difficult to get time off approved. Mandatory overtime since they were so short staffed because they can't keep up with employee turnover.
Pros
Pay was decent.
Cons
Poor work/life balance. Difficult to achieve expectations.
Flexible company
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 23, 2016
United Healthcare gives its employees a very flexible work schedule which is perfect for the average busy person.
You have multiple advancement opportunities and leaders who push you towards your wanted goals.
Pros
telecommuting, self start independant
Cons
sitting all day
Productive and fun work environment
Registration Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 23, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping someone else make life changing decisions and letting them know you are there to support them through the process.
Great culture and ethics, poor pay and benefits
Client Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 22, 2016
The company could do a better job of ensuring their employees pay is commensurate with the market rate. Employees benefits could be a lot better. What I love most about my job is that I have a lot of flexibility and can work from home as I see fit. The organization as a whole really promotes working remote.
Pros
Working Remote, Good Corporate Ethics, Stock Options, 401k
Cons
subpar medical benefits and low pay
Good job
Sr .Output Techician (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCJuly 22, 2016
I really enjoyed working for UHG, it was a great place to work , friendly coworker and mangerment. Ok benefits and the pay could have been better . I lot of overtime to earn more money .
Sr. IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 22, 2016
UHG is a great place to work with remote working and flexibility. There are lot of potential opportunities in various technologies, management and business operations. The culture is very diversified, which is another great aspect of UHG.
Productive and fun
Member Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 21, 2016
The work culture is great if you work hard. Great rewards, and great bonuses. I wish I stayed with the company when I moved to Dallas Texas, but I there was no openings.
Pros
Short days due to short lunches
Excellent Company
Associate Director of Business Analysis (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 21, 2016
UHC was an excellent company to work for. I was able to grow my career while working with awesome teams. While working for UHC, I had the opportunity to travel to different offices and work with various teams face to face. Senior management offered guidance when necessary which was always appreciated.
Pros
Growth in positions was possible
UnitedHealth Groups is Awesome product based company
Senior Software Engineer/Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 21, 2016
UnitedHealth Groups is Awesome product based company , personally i enjoyed with facilities and fun.
But i am trying to get new challenges from out side.
Working for United Health Group
Pre service Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 21, 2016
United Health Group is a great company however if you disagree and dislike a job where they micro manage everything you do on your PC. United Health Group is not the job for you.
Pros
work from home
Cons
short break, micromanage poor benefits
Working at United Healthcare
Sr. Provider Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2016
United Healthcare is a great company to work for. There a a lot of opportunities to advance. They offer decent benefits and incentive programs. I love working here and really would like to stay. My advice to future candidates is make sure you and your manager are aware of your value as an employee. It is very easy to get lost in United Healthcare because it is a large company with very talented employees.
excellent staff
Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2016
Great Job. Longevity, good people, very social place. Great Pay, easy to dress code. Very friendly enviroment. Great for young people.
Pros
good people
Cons
lack of promotion
Productive Workflow
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandJuly 18, 2016
The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is meeting and/or exceeding the goals and requirements of the daily workflow.
Pros
PTO and flex time
Cons
health coverage
H3ll on earth unless your a favorite
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJuly 18, 2016
a company with a horrible work force unit supervisors who either don't care about their employees, and only their numbers or supervisors who just don't care anymore and are collecting a paycheck. working with out of country people is horrible because of a language barrier how rude they are and the fact that they have all patient information is sad. They promised work at home with in a year... that doesn't happen. the "requirements" constantly change so that you cant leave or promote unless you start kissing supervisors or threaten to quit, that is when you get what you want. There were some supervisors who genuinely cared about you and your mental state at work.. different rules for different people was the norm. I had quite a few great co workers, but this particular office does not care about people only numbers.
Pros
i got to go home
Cons
everything
A job to get you experience
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 18, 2016
I'm currently a temp, so having a contract with an end date means no security. Also being a temp, I don't receive benefits. As for work life balance, it's great, the only complaint I have is my commute. Management is easy to approach, it is a great and supportive environment.
ok work place
Platinum Provider Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJuly 18, 2016
they are ok to work for, they are good at picking favorites. Coworkers are great to work with. The phones are non stop expect a call every 6 seconds.
Very productive with great moral.
CUSTOMER CARE PROFESSIONAL (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 17, 2016
Wonderful co-workers and great atmosphere to work in. The production level was top notch quality all around from the end to end process.