UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 4,055 reviews matching the search
United Health Group Customer Service
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2017
All in all a great place to work, room for advancement, great work atmosphere and work culture. There is room for management to improve it's staff in professionalism, also due to the size of the building breaks could be a little longer.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, and work culture
Cons
Short Breaks, Somestimes unprofessional management/ upper staff
High Energy work place
Client Implementation Project Manager (contract) (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 23, 2017
Great place to work. High energy and challenging in a good way. Great flexible work place with great amenities. Competitive pay
Pros
Telecommute options, high energy growth company. Great amenities and benefits
Cons
Might be too fast paced for some individuals.
Motivation
Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Telecommute) (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 23, 2017
I am looking into other positions to advance my career while enjoying the new challenges and opportunities to broaden my knowledge.

I have learned that doing the same thing every day is not for me as my enjoyment is problem-solving in a fast-paced environment. The goal is to find a position that allows me to learn more and expand my capabilities into new areas. As a people-person who likes to learn and build relationships, this exciting and new position will help me fulfill potential growth in the near future.
Excellent job, tough, challenging, but rewarding.
Senior Customer Support Advocate (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNFebruary 22, 2017
Can be a very stressful job, but management is outstanding, and always willing to help. Assisting members with their needs and putting their minds at ease is very rewarding.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Can be very stressful.
Great place to work in and excel
Community Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAFebruary 21, 2017
I working with the community and helping people in any way possible. I like that I have travel to different locations to distribute information about United health care and attending different events , meeting different people while spreading the great help that United health care has to offer.
Pros
Mileage reimbursement and exceling
Cons
Dealing with the different weather
a very stressful workplace
Medical Claims Review Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 20, 2017
I was hired for medical claims review. A typical workday consist of reviewing 30 claims a day answering calls and emails about pending claims. Working with others on your region.
Pros
Full time
Cons
no overtime offered
I was okay I enjoyed Blueshield and Bluecross
CLAIMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 20, 2017
I paid insurance claims insurance claims correctly and in a timely manner. Training wasn't as great as Bluecross and the program we used to pay claims was outdated.
Pros
money
Cons
Lunch
Provider customer service (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 20, 2017
very stressful position taking call after call. learned to navigate sytem and new updates on protocol and benefits updates and changes.
the hardest part of job is meeting and exceeding call quotas as call adherence and hold and time on call whether over exceeding on extending yourself.
receive 90 day training and training is not consistent with on the floor experiences.
most enjoyable part on job is building relationships with caller and being able to extend your self meeting the need and expectations of the provider on phone.
I really liked them
Health Customer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 20, 2017
Good work life balance, fair rules and very competetive pay. Nice ways to work yourself up within the industry. Fair company and good balance because of they nice time off they allow you.
Pros
Balance, pay, benefits
Cons
Crazy customers
great place to work
Customer service and Sales (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIFebruary 20, 2017
Handled phone calls from benefits to claims questions. Also assisted in Billing and enrollment and claims investigation analyst calling for missing information.
Pros
good work environement
Cons
all phone work
Good company
Senior Resolutions Specialist (Medicare) (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLFebruary 20, 2017
Know their business very well and using their resources to advance their market share. This is a company that is growing and fulfilling a service that is highly utilized.
Pros
healthcare business
Cons
no advancement
Good Company
Staffing senior Recruitment coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 20, 2017
This was a great company to work for! I worked in the Home health sector of this compnay and would have loved to stay there but they sold the in home heath part.
Employment OK
Care Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2017
Offered telemarketing/work-from-home, plus and minus. Eventually did not know co-workers, without peer support or socialization. Certainly a plus in avoiding traffic & loss of travel time.
Pros
Able to telecommute
Cons
Loss of socialization
Uhg
Guest Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2017
Answered 150 to 160 appointment scheduling calls per day. Sent emails and faxes to the appropriate medical clinic. Called the appropriate medical clinic when a patient had an emergency.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
Short break periods
Flexible work hours, great co-workers.
Field Infusion Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILFebruary 17, 2017
Flexible hours, great co-workers and friendly staff. Great teamwork from co-workers. Professional, pro-active management. Management available for assistance.
Must be able to take the good while dealing with the bad.
Senior Licensing Coordinator Specialists (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 17, 2017
Is easy to get lost in the large corporate office politics. The lack of yearly review compensation makes it hard to gain any kind of "real" advancement in compensation.
Pros
benefits-PTO
Cons
prootions/advancement, compensation
Great Place to Work
Cross Application IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Busy days working on multiple projects.
Learned to manage multiple projects as a cross application project manager.
Management was very supportive and encouraged growth.
Workplace culture is very positive and promotes empathy for all other co-workers.
Hardest to balance all duties and move projects forward.
People on other teams are positive and willing to help
Pros
Great benefits and cafeteria
Cons
Teams are spread arou d the world. Sometimes it is difficult to schedule meetings!
I loved working for UHG
Sr. Business Analyst/Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 17, 2017
UHG is an excellent company to work for. The company values their employees, awesome work culture, friendly management and very cooperative.
Pros
team work and friendly management
Cons
tight deadlines
Great
Clinical Administative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 16, 2017
Awesome place , co-workers positive and friendly. My team are great we help one another. Sup doesn't micromanage, as long your responsibilities get done. Hours are from Monday to Friday, no weekend. Love the atmosphere. Room for advancement.
Pros
Friendly and positive environment
Cons
None at this time
Telephonic
Discharge Care Manager, Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaFebruary 16, 2017
I like the fact that my job is completely telephonic. I never have to go in --not even for a meeting. The people are great to work with and always willing to help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.