UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Need better supervisors
CMA (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 22, 2018
Some RNs, NPs, and Supervisors can be extremely disrespectful and complain about everything. There is no team work so the markets are always behind. Depending on which state you work in you may also experience some racism. Supervisors do not have your back and management have no idea ( because they do not care)of the type of work environment that some people are enduring. It’s a lot of work but nothing very hard.
Pros
PTO and Clean work environment
Cons
Pay, Staff, and Supervisors
Overly worked, management is incompetent
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 22, 2018
Management is completely and totally incompetent, this job highly plays favoritism and if you're not one of the Chosen Few you will basically be overworked trying to pick up the slack for everyone else. No work or home balance, they do not care what goes on in your personal life and all they want you to do is meet the metrics. They basically want you on and off of the phone call ASAP so that the numbers are what they expect instead of servicing the customer
Pros
Pto accumulation
Cons
Management is horrible
A typical day at work
Network Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 22, 2018
The work is not hard, good support, but can be alot due to the size of the provider market to managed..Some days can be stressful, but rewarding at the same time. Alot of interacting with other department.
Pros
People are great
Cons
Can be alot of work, To managed on a day to day
great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 22, 2018
cool job to have been here for awhile cant complain. Company is great to work for a lot of room for growth. The only downside is the shift bid and mandaed overtime. Its just rude to impose on someones life.
Pros
pay
Cons
mandated overtime
Great place to work !
Senior Advocate4Me Representative (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 22, 2018
I would go back to UHC it is a good place to work . You can work from home, this company offers overtime. UHC has an open door policy and the promote from within.
Pros
work from
Cons
more money
Uhcg
VP of Sales (Current Employee) –  United States and CanadaJanuary 22, 2018
Startup division within a Fortune 6 Company. Challenging and rewarding solving global issues for F500 prospects. Growth area within a mainly domestic focused company.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Not as well known outside of U.S.
Beep, ding, BUZZ!
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2018
If your only goal in your career is to be no more than a robot on an assembly line, then this is the place to be! I had a manager for nearly 12 straight years, and he never ONCE came to visit in person. Nice guy, but that's about all I can say about that.
Good
Employer Installation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 22, 2018
Fast paced work day able to stay busy and work independently with minimal supervision and the ability to work from home. Department hours were flexible .
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
Lay Off
excellent company with lots of benefits
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2018
I would definitely work for them again. It was a great learning environment. Lots of benefits. Challenging but usually not overwhelming. The atmosphere was most often positive.
Pros
benefits salary management opportunity for advancement
Cons
some stress
Fast pace
Claims Specialist Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 22, 2018
Back to back to back calls mandatory overtime great pay, constant changes. there is room for advancement, paid vacations. optin to work for double pay
Great Employer.
Senior Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Great place to work. I enjoy the people and the atmosphere. The benefits they provide to the employees are above standard. Overall I enjoy coming into work everyday.
They don't make it easy to understand the position within training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 22, 2018
Training was not the best. And the stress that they put you under I could have done without. They work by work instructions that are not very clear. They rush you though training and do not explain what you are doing wrong. All you get is read you work instructions.
Progressive, production, fast paced
Manager, Network Strategy (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Great place to work for the most part. Learning opportunities with most managers who encourage growth. However you need to be motivated in order to grow.
Good company low pay
Data Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Overall the company is just ok. They have a decent track for advancement, but it really depends on what part of the organization you work in. The pay is not competitive nor on par for a company of it's size and profitability.
Pros
vacation
Cons
pay
Not a good fit
CSR Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 22, 2018
I have no comment on this job. There is no review I have nothing to submit either way. This job was not a good fit for me. Micromanaging is not for all people...
Work at home environment for 14 years
HEALTH ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 22, 2018
A typical day at UHC consist of answering 50 -100 calls answering questions and assisting customers with benefits or billing information. I've learned that even with upset customer's I am very gentle and kind even if the customer is upset. We have to show respect and compassion even with upset customers while my plan of action is to resolve the issue and make the customer feel better in the process. Management was great however there was no one to file complaints to and get complaints resolved. The hardest part of my job was no support during difficult times such as death in the immediate family. The most enjoyable part was knowing I've helped someone today on one or many different calls.
Pros
Being able to help customers with their benifits of billing information..
Cons
Work and Family not supported
Not a bad job
Inbound, Pharmacy Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Call Center work with some optional and some Mandatory OT. Pays better than most call centers. They like to keep employees and hire most from referrals.
A busy day with Optum
Mail Order Inbound Representative (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 21, 2018
My typical day at my job is I log into my computer, I answer the phones mainly talking to pharmacies all day. They call in needing prior authorizations for medications. I also get phone calls from patients that are on workers comp that are checking status on where their medications are due to they are on mail order. If medications are not approved, we usually refer them to their claims adjuster.
Management is there for you when they are not in meetings.
People are great to work with .
The hardest part of the job is when the patients call in and they are upset and start blaming you for why they haven't got their med's yet.
The most enjoyable part of my job, is my team and when I hit a bonus each quarter.
Pros
A Monday through Friday shift, weekends off, Good support, Bonuses
Cons
Not really any room to grow with the company.
Stressful and high standards
Benefits and Authorizations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL 60173January 21, 2018
Open over 5 software systems and multitask during the calls, jump from one system to the other. Handle over 60 calls per day in and out bound. Timed during the calls and expected to finish in a few minutes providing accurate benefits and authorizations.Stressful inbound calls and no cooperation from care advocate staff during the warm transfer process.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Not a lot credit for good work
Ping Pong
Licensed in 32 states (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 21, 2018
I enjoyed the atmosphere at the Teletech building.
Loved my co-workers, got along with everyone in my department.
Teletech has ping pong tables which get used very much.
Pros
Great atmoshere
Cons
Temporary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.