UnitedHealth Group
1,914 reviews

UnitedHealth Group United States Employee Reviews

Fast paced pharmacy benefits management company
Senior Clinical Appeals Reviewer (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNApril 18, 2015
Close knit team of very hard workers all aiming at a particular goal. Work on our own towards the same thing, reviewing pharmacy appeals as quickly and correctly as possible.
A good company to work for
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Hooksett, NHApril 16, 2015
Pros: Good work-life balance; ability to work from home
Cons: Compensation package
It's a good company to work for, no complaints. There is a good culture of accountability that isn't seen in many companies.
The ability to work from home (depending on your department) is a definite bonus.
Managed health care organization
Sr. Clinical Program Consultant (Current Employee), St. LouisApril 15, 2015
UnitedHealthcare is a Fortune 14 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none.
Nice pay, awesome scheduale
Clinical Intake coordinator (Current Employee), Sugarland TexasApril 15, 2015
Pros: Weekends off, Easy to learn
Cons: Managment
Awesome start off pay, But the management could do better and very hard to advance in the company. The annoyance of not getting questions answered at the time you need them to be or might not even get one back at all can be frustrating . But its still a great company to work for, they promote awesome everyday values for in home and at work.
Great opportinunity in a great community
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Duluth, MNApril 15, 2015
UHC is a great place to work in the city of Duluth Minnestoa. There are many opportunities to a wide array of jobs within the call centerl, so there is something for everyone!
Extremley Busy yet fun.
Senior Clinical Admin Coordinator (Current Employee), Richardson, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good co-workers
Cons: benefits, lack of leadership, no growth.
Busy but productive environment with great team members.
Hardest part of my job is not having a strong management that can help with major issues.
Most of my co-workers are very easy to get along with and work with while others aren't as understanding easy to work with but at the end of each day we pull together to make sure the work is completed.
High call volume
Customer Service (Former Employee), Tonawanda, NYApril 14, 2015
High paced, busy office, most of the day was spent on telephones with high call volumes. Mandatory overtime during open enrollment.
Good place to work and strive for advancement
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAApril 9, 2015
This position is fast-paced, co-workers vary in experience and age, hardest part of the job is learning and retaining all the information provided, most enjoyable part of the job is helping the members
ejoyable job
Responsibilities/Insurance Benefit Representative (Former Employee), orlando flApril 9, 2015
enjoyed the job and the members who called in were more fun than anything. i would work here again due to having a good expierience
Productive & fast paced environment to work.
Implementation Manager (Current Employee), Hauppauge, NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: Flex time, work from home if needed.
Cons: Mandatory overtime.
I respect and like my co-workers and business manager tremendously. We work as a very strong and organized team. The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing that my customers are having a positive experience & that I helped their new business implementation or renewal be a seamless transition for their employee population.
Definitely a stressful environment
Health Care Advisor (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 7, 2015
Pros: vacation time
Cons: management, favortism, lack of respect from peers/co-workers
Worked in the call center which is automatically a stressful and demanding job, but add to the fact you have poor management and it makes it worse. Newer reps taking back to back calls with only seconds between each while others sat and had personal conversations, constantly up wandering around, doing "projects" when there were calls in queue. Call Centers are meant for everyone to be all hands on deck which management preached during open enrollment; however it was not adhered to if you were a "favorite". Training was good, but there was no leeway for one to actually learn the job when released to the floor. 1 single mistake put you back 10 steps, written up or fired. Not a good company if you want to keep your morale up. Definitely a morale crusher.
Life at UHC
Customer Advocate (Former Employee), Duluth, MNApril 6, 2015
UHC is a good place to work, My management team is very understanding and fosters trust and builds confidence.My coworkers are supportive and work very well together.
Job Work Life Balance
Project Manager (Current Employee), MinnesottaApril 5, 2015
Pros: Part of Fortune 500 companyies
Cons: Work life balance
Associated with United Health Group (Optum Technologies) since April 2007 in India have been shift to US on H1B Visa.

UHG is a nice place to work. However with the current set of directions and projects alignments, work life balance is becoming a major challenge at cause of attrition across the projects.
Unorganized
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2015
I really don't have much to say about this company, I worked here for about 6 months and shortly after accepting a position with a different employer I found out that the contract with United Health group has ended. I am not surprised since this companies staff and management was very unorganized, and at times unprofessional.
Per Diem Commission Job Positon
Community Outreach Social Worker (Current Employee), Inglewood, CAApril 4, 2015
Good company with opportunity for growth for health care professionals looking for entry level position work in Life Health Insurance.
Easy job if you just want a paycheck
Assisting members (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 2, 2015
Answering calls for member with Medicaid plans. a lot of patience required for this job but it is do able. management isn't very involved or professional at all most of the time you are left on your own. The hardest part of the job Is not having much leadership. most enjoyable would be the pay period was every week but they took out a lot of taxes.
Great Place to work for!
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Cypress, CAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great overall leadership
Cons: Lack of Support
Overall my experience at UnitedHealth Care was one of great working relationships, innovation in the healthcare industry and doing everything possible to provide their members with the best customer service experience possible. With only one unpleasant experience, that still was not enough to change my opinion of the company as a whole where the Senior Management was amazing, compassionate and extremely understanding. I feel as if though I became a better employee and asset because of my time at UnitedHealth.
Fun workplace
Temp. Claims Representative (Former Employee), Cypress, CAMarch 31, 2015
Company is a easy going and co workers are supportive. If you forget your lunch, their is a cafeteria with great food on site. They also have a gym that is available to use 24hours a day.
Very big on production
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 31, 2015
Good place to work, but production should be lower to allow more time to spent on quality. Over all this is a good company.
Solid place to start...
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 31, 2015
UHG, overall, is a good company. Most segments have the right idea about employee culture, treat you well, and attempt to find the right work/life balance. The cons...you can advance, but will hit a ceiling depending on position; compensation tends to be on the entry-level/low side, and benefits seem like they could be better.

1 2 3 4 5

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos