UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 4,653 reviews matching the search
Over all good place to work.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 23, 2017
UHC is a large successful company with a positive culture and desire to provide progressive health care. I work on the service side/Optum and there is a desire to proved good care to our members and satisfy accounts paying for the services with our product and performance.
Productive, fast paced, friendly, excellent work environment
Customer Service, Insurance Sales (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 23, 2017
Great training for employees. Excellent feed back good and negative. Calls monitored frequently for quality and training. Awesome communication skills with management and co-workers. Plenty of training and on going education. Different events held for employee appreciation.
Pros
Employee moral is great
Cons
Distance during winter
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 23, 2017
This job was enjoyable in that I got to help people all day long with any questions they had about their medical benefits. It only became stressful when we got new management and had to meet so many metrics. I felt that they only cared about numbers and not the members on a personal level.
hospital claims
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 23, 2017
I worked on hospital claims ER, OR Walk in date entry of claims work with all providers print checks mail to providers post eob's call providers if I had a coding issue
Pros
great company all around great benfits
Cons
not a loud to talk with co workers
Good Benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJune 23, 2017
It is difficult to navigate the system due to the large size of the company. Opportunities to move to multiple areas within the same company. Work from home opportunities!
Grievance Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2017
Good company for advancement and growth. Good work life balance. Employee benefits could have been better. I had a work from home position which was convenient.
Management is unorganized
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 23, 2017
Management and their training need to get on the same page. Thru the training there is so much that is not taught that when they throw you on the phones you're expected to be ready to go.
Work enviroment
Network Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2017
I enjoyed working at UHC even though it was a fast pace hard company. Co-workers were team players, assist in work questions and given directions where to locate old files. There were plenty of opportunity to obtain bonuses by work well done. The company offered opportunities to participate in sponsored events outside the company hours. A very friendly but hard place to work.
Pros
Can work from home
Cons
Unable to Advance in the Company
Room For Growth
Advocate4Me Rep (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 22, 2017
UHCis a company that you dont have to keep you feet planted at. There is monumental room for growth and the supervisors push for growth and advancement.
Pros
Annual raises, Make your own schedule
Cons
The healthcare field is ever changing so you have to be able to adjust to change.
Productive, family oriented, personal involvement, career building
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2017
United healthgroup is the parent company for optumrx.Com. I am a csa for they're prescription drug plan company. We fill patient's rx via telecommunications, and ship it to their homes.
Pros
Opportunties for growth in such a short time
Cons
Their pc systems are horrible. If they'd improve that, I'd love it triple times more, Than what I do now.
Msla
MSLA Case Coordinator and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAJune 22, 2017
The most unorganized company I have ever worked for. HR and recruiting team are real bad and no one knows how to answer any HR questions. the pay is so low.
Pros
Monday-friday
Cons
low pay, bad HR
Love it
Benefit Advocate (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 21, 2017
Great place to work and i enjoy the people the uniqueness and the fact that everyone has each others backs! Management is great and UHC makes the work day interesting.
Great Company to work for
Senior Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Remote Lake, MNJune 21, 2017
working remotely you can feel isolated, not here! Help was always available! They had a staff of Coders always availabe to help with any coding questions. My superviors were always just one phone call away!!
Pros
Lots of Overtime
Cons
Lots of Overtime
great fun place to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Work from homeJune 21, 2017
great flexible company to work for. opportunity to work variety of shifts. Opportunity to work from home. Great management teams. offer great training skills and opportunites to move up in positions. Benefits are not the best offered to employees.
180 degrees from bedside care
Nurse Advocate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2017
Position didn't feel like nursing at all, more like that of customer service representative. Always on phone in a cubicle and every minute monitored and critiqued for evaluation.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Youre only as good as your metrics
Official response from UnitedHealth Group
June 22, 2017

Our employees flex their compassion on every phone call and it's true - metrics are indicators of performance within UnitedHealth Group. Thank you for sharing your experience with our organization. Thank you, Sarah M. Sr. Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Healthcare Industry
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 21, 2017
Started off as a customer service rep and moved into the claims Dept. We dealt with companies in my department over employers over 500 employees and managed there claims.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Management poor
Busy with client focus a priority
COBRA Administration Liaison (Former Employee) –  Based in Ft Washington, PA out of Hartford, CTJune 21, 2017
Supportive work environment. Learn interworkings of all departments of the company through account meetings on a client level. Interactions with clients to strengthen relationships are essential.
Pros
independent work
Cons
difficulty was on site at vendor location
Excellent culture
DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 21, 2017
The culture at United is excellent. The focus is on caring for those in need. UHC puts 100% of their focus on taking care of members.

Management is fantastic.
United health group
Pharmacy Technician Associate (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJune 20, 2017
I was hired at a temp here and it has allowed me to learn more about health. It was a introduction to health to me and it has opening many door on kwhat i going to be in the future
Excellent place to work!
Project/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2017
I feel very privileged to have worked for UnitedHealth for 9+ years. It's a positive culture to work in. The company focuses to make healthcare affordable and high quality for their members which made all our efforts worth while. I have no regrets or negatives related to my time there.
Pros
Positive Culture
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.