Technical and productive work environment, with the opportunity for growth.
Pros: on-site cafeteria, ability to grow & apply for different positions within the company, friendly co-workers.
Cons: micro-managing at times, no incentives, depth of being up-trained on new processes or new material.
- Setting up your work station, including all systems & tools to help you do your work efficiently, answering inbound calls to assist customer's in processing their orders, or answering questions.
- Healthcare information, such as the different types of insurance plans & which covers what, how to process order forms for diabetic testing supplies, what information is needed, & law regulations.
- Management were easy to get along, but not all were as personable as some were. Yet, they made sure work was being done.
- My co-workers were easy to get along with & friendly, even outside of work.
- The hardest part of the job was applying what was learned in training from the beginning.
- The enjoyable part of the job was learning from each other & the work environment.