UnitedHealth Group
1,745 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

great advantage--telephonic position
Registered Nurse/Inpatient Case Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2015
time management is key to this job. typical day truly is not typical and that is one of the perks of the job. no day is the same. everyday is a learning opportunity. hardest part of this job at this time is new mandated turn around times, but, hurdles are meant to be overcome.
Great pay
Licensed Insurance Producer (Current Employee), Concord, NCJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: frequent schedule changes and forced time off; unorganized to work for
I like the job that I am doing however the company that holds the contract with UHG is very disorganized.
Easy going job
Customer Service & Correspondence Agent (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAJanuary 28, 2015
Taking calls to better assist the members. Customer service is always first
Contract Position
CLINICAL PRACTICE CONSULTANT (CONTRACTOR) (Current Employee), East Syracuse, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Telecommute and field work. Flexible schedule.
Enjoyable work/ keeps you busy.
A CPA Firm
Sr. Auditor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 28, 2015
Learned a ton. First job. Learned a ton and gained audit experience.
N/A
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of being on the phone all day. I learned a lot about billing and coding. My co workers were awesome. There was nothing hard about my job.
UHG - Great organization
IT Manager (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNJanuary 27, 2015
I very much enjoyed my 21+ years at United. It was extremely fun to be a part of a company that grew as much as UHG did over the past 20 years.
Great senior leadership vision. They treated you well if you worked hard.
Rewards were knowing we are making a difference in the health care of America.
Internship
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Newtown Square, PAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great people, free lunches every week.
Cons: mundane tasks 9-5.
Participated in a marketing team while helping out with administrative tasks. Excel work was a huge part of the internship. The other half was learning the structure of department and the tasks of managers on a daily basis.
only a temp position
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great position
Cons: only temp
was only a temp position would have like to stay there, nice place to work.
Great Place to Work
Provider Contracting Specialist (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 26, 2015
I really enojyed the time I worked at UHC. The only downside wast he frequent changes in upper management and department shifts . Other than that the pay was good and often times you had the ability to learn multiple positions.
too much overtime
Health Advisor (Former Employee), Chico, CAJanuary 26, 2015
They make you work 10 + hours a day and pay is horrible. Would not recommend working here to anyone!
Unique workplace
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 26, 2015
The best part of working from United was they worked around my school schedule as well as getting to work from home. The managers were always willing to assist in any way that they can
Technical and productive work environment, with the opportunity for growth.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: on-site cafeteria, ability to grow & apply for different positions within the company, friendly co-workers.
Cons: micro-managing at times, no incentives, depth of being up-trained on new processes or new material.
- Setting up your work station, including all systems & tools to help you do your work efficiently, answering inbound calls to assist customer's in processing their orders, or answering questions.
- Healthcare information, such as the different types of insurance plans & which covers what, how to process order forms for diabetic testing supplies, what information is needed, & law regulations.
- Management were easy to get along, but not all were as personable as some were. Yet, they made sure work was being done.
- My co-workers were easy to get along with & friendly, even outside of work.
- The hardest part of the job was applying what was learned in training from the beginning.
- The enjoyable part of the job was learning from each other & the work environment.
Working with a core group odf dedicated and passionate workers
Certified Application Counselor (Current Employee), Tonawanda, NYJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: lunch meetings
Cons: long extended hours
sells, benefit reviews and marketing, home visits, presentation, networking with providers, senior center, managing a team of 6 workers, training, and customer service training.
Worst company ever in my career!
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee), Cypress, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Cons: too many to write here!
No one rewards hard work. Overtime never stops. Unprofessional managers and supervisors who don't know anything - includes the vice presidents who make the rules but have no idea how they should work in the dept! Fire people for no reason and the appeal process is a joke. No support from HR. All the good people find other jobs before they get fired and the ones left could care less. Its all about money and not the patients. Tried over 30 times to move up in the company and never got a chance - they "red flag" your file so you can't go any where else - over 5 years I tried! False info given at termination - lots of age discrimination here in Cypress. They don't even let you come back to the company as a "temp" ! Agencies tried to place me in other departments and always turned down for no reason. HR knows how to get around laws - can't see what is in your file or get paid the day you leave!! They don't care because they have the money to fight you and win. They deserve a less than zero overall rating.
2 out of 5 stars
Sr. Telesales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Fast pace environment, but the issue is simply a lack of job security, and declining moral.

Lower management were great noble people unlike upper management who's only concern is the bottom line period.

I do not regret working for this company simply because I meet some wonderful people who became long term friends.
representatives handle more than they are paid for but supervisors made it worth it
customer service representative (Former Employee), kingston nyJanuary 23, 2015
overall the management at my site is what made my job incredible.
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee), LOs Angeles, CaJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: geart group of people
Cons: no cons.
Shipping/Receiving, getting shipment ready for shipping, receiving packages from UPS, FedEx.
Learned necessary skills to perform my duties
Supervisor was very helpful in my training
Co-workers were delightful team to work with
The most enjoyable thing about working at United Health Group was the team work everyone displayed
Growing Organization
Provider Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Elkridge, MDJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: organizational stability
Cons: advancement
High Volume Workload
Poor work life balance
Non-flexible work environment
Inexperienced management on several levels
Under water culture does not match values
Helping others
Very challenging environment
Senior Consultant Data/Research Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: work at home
Cons: seem to be on 24x7
I work from home.

My typical day at work involves technically supporting our main Web-based subscription application for our clients. My department is a revenue-generating department and is very demanding of both my time (a lot of off-hours work) and effort. More specifically, I am the ETL SAS Lead for my team, often working closely with the Product Development Department team members.

The lower ratings are reflective of the fact that my department has been down two headcount for over two and a half years, and we have been down a third headcount for the past five months. Unfortunately, the strain is showing and although we have just hired three, new team members, my department has been immediately "slammed" in the new year. We need time to get the new members trained, and we do not have it.

1 2 3 4 5