UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 4,374 reviews matching the search
Focused and career oriented company
Workers' Compensation Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 27, 2017
Put a high focus on education and training of their employees. Prefer to hire student directly out of college and train for a lifetime of employment
Not a bad company to work for.
Service Account Manager Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 27, 2017
A great company that is on the forefront of healthcare innovation. Bright people, good strategy, decent benefits. Excellent work life balance. I liked working for UHG.
Pros
Work life balance
Productive work environment
MEDICAID CLAIMS PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 27, 2017
A typical day consists of processing, reviewing and reworking Medicaid claims. I learn something new everyday. Management is ever changing but overall I have had a good experience. UnitedHealthcare strives to stand by their culture. The hardest part of the job is not making a mistake that would be costly to the member, provider or the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I am helping our members.
Pros
Holidays, Paid time off
Cons
Short breaks, no room for mistakes
Productive and fun place to work
Provider Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLApril 27, 2017
I have learned how to review healthcare claims, speaking to providers, reviewing claims and sending them back to be review. Being able to assist someone and being able to resolve their issue is one of the most enjoyable parts of the job
Pros
The pay, the hours, the people and the environment
Cons
distance
Great company to work for given they beleive in strong work life balance value.
Senior Project Manager - CDB/Big Data (Former Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJApril 26, 2017
Typical day of project manager consists of scheduling meetings, conducting meetings, completing reports, escalating issues to appropriate managers.

PMs are also responsible for maintaining budgets, actuals, forecast and monthly burn for each project.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, great managers and flexibility to telecommute from home.
Cons
Health Care business in general is under tremondous pressure
Clinica lAppeals Nurse
CLINICAL APPEALS NURSE (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 26, 2017
great company to work for except very little overtime available. My management is great. They truly care about the employees and are understanding when you need to take off. very flexible company
Pros
telecommuting
Cons
very littleovertime
Excellent benefits for the employees.
Medical Claim Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 26, 2017
A typical day is best describe for processing claims and making sure the customer is satisfied with how the claims were processed base on the benefits.
Pros
1 hour lunch and being conscious ot the time.
Cons
take off yn expectedly.
garbage place to work
Technology Support Center Analyst (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTApril 26, 2017
this place will nitpick every aspect of what you do down to the second making the day having to be perfect or risk not getting hired on and when you do get hired on your pay barely increases from the contact
Pros
Cons
to many to list
If you're lucky to get into a good department
Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 26, 2017
Backwards systems and backwards hiring process. Last role was a promotion to clinical admin coordinator, I should've stayed in claims. No clear direction, no handbook, no set rules or guidelines, yet are penalized for not adhering to unwritten rules.
Great benefits (excluding Medical), great pay and you have the option to work from home.
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 26, 2017
However, the building is a little dead because everyone is so focus on production that no one socializes anymore. Other than that it's a really easy job.
Pros
Work from home, plenty of overtime, work hours can be changed to benefit you, great pay
Cons
Production time, Medical benefits
Excellent company to work for
Assistant - CSR (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 26, 2017
Great company to work for - excellent benefits. Good management, opportunities for advancement.
NO ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. NO MORE INFORMATION
Good company to work for. I enjoyed the position of
Assistant/ Agent rep
Pros
Benefits, opprotunites for advancement
Cons
Minimal vacation or time off.
Fast-Pace Environment
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 25, 2017
Very good company to work with. I really enjoyed working with a very diverse team. Learned many things about health Insurance process, rules and regulation.
Hard work
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2017
At this company you are over worked and under paid,my days were unpredictable,learned how not to do certain things,management was poor,workplace was not good,the hardest part was the cleaning,I enjoyed the residents
Pros
the residents
Cons
the pay
Productive and customer service company.
Finance Banking Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 25, 2017
UHC is a great company to work with emphasis on customer service. Very good benefits and competitive salaries. Diverse employees in terms of ethnicity. With new push of creating more profits and wall street ratings employees have been pressured to take more caseload because there were less people in the dept. compared to the increase in business.
Pros
Very good office facilities.
Cons
Some managers are pressured to produce rather than quality of service.
Productive fun place to work
Benefit Advocate (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOApril 25, 2017
Great place to grow, plenty of opportunities for employees. Fast paced environment but can be a little stressful. It provides an environment for all individuals to be accepted and be themselves
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Lack consistency
Productive and fun work environment
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 25, 2017
Start the day off with inventory
Mix Drinks upon the Customer request
Management is amazing like having a family
As long as you do your job nothing will be hard
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great introduction to healthcare but not as a career
Associate Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTApril 25, 2017
My experience wasn't that bad. Technology wise they were better than most other companies I have worked for. They have remote access setup so if needed I could work from home. For the most part the management team were helpful but not when it came to advancement. Once you work collections it is extremely hard to move up. Plus other surrounding departments seem to always be negative about the work culture so coming to work wasn't always great.
N/a
Customer Service Phone Support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2017
Not. A good company to work for. I would reffer people. It just not for me. I feel that i will be a better asset with another company. I sure that God will bless me with a better opportunity.
Job Security
Human Resource Advisor (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNApril 25, 2017
United Health Group had a lot of turn over as they tend to say they do not but look to let go of great employees by trying to create discord with employees. This did not happened to me but working in the Human Resource there were many episodes that were being reported due to management. They like to hire then fire.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
no job security
Interesting facts learned daily
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 24, 2017
Day was non stop and very busy, management gave us room to work on our own as long as we did our job, lots of holiday celebrations as a group, and team pot lucks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.