UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 5,141 reviews matching the search
This company gives you the opportunity to work at your own pace.
Sales Insurance Agent/Broker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2017
I enjoy helping people get the information about healthcare that they need. The company is very well known so it was not terribly hard to sell. I am considered an independent contractor so I am not given a salary per say. It is based on commission. Initially it is very exciting.
Pros
I got to meet many people.
Cons
It requires you follow up a lot.
I like it here
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INSeptember 23, 2017
Training was very thorough. Your first few months on the floor can be rough, but the more experience you gain, the better you get and the more comfortable you feel. It's a structured environment and you know what's expected of you. The pace is usually fast-one call after another. You get the chance to help people. Local management is good and fair.
The technology is surprisingly old and slow, but they say this is going to change soon, so we shall see. It's straight day shift, off on the weekends, paid holidays, generous PTO. Pay is decent for an office job in this area.
Pros
Structured environment, paid time off, you learn a lot
Cons
Old technology
Employees and Management nice and friedly
HP Printers Configuration Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 22, 2017
I liked working there. Employees and Management were nice to me.
I got another chance to work my old job and I accepted the new job offer and I left otherwise I was happy to work there
Pros
Nice Cafeteria
Cons
Distance to my home.
Cold, callous, anti-personal
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 22, 2017
These people do not know how to treat employees. I was looked down on and treated with such disregard. There was not much support... Just many referrals to one person after the next.
great experiance working at the hospital
Secretary for Post Partum & Nursery (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYSeptember 22, 2017
Enjoyed working with physicians and staff. Everyday learned something new. Lots of room to advance. I worked Evenings. Have a awesome Education program for new employees.
Pros
Can work days or evenings
Cons
you probably are going home late
Productive but fun place to work
Advocate Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Its a busy but fun place to work at. There is always something to do and you are always busy on the phones. Its a great company to work for, because they do take care of you as long as you do your job.
Challenging but exciting
Senior IT Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 22, 2017
The work at UnitedHealth Group (UHG) was challenging but exciting. My manager was supportive. If you desired, UHG offered you the opportunity to transfer to different areas within the company.
Ok
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOSeptember 22, 2017
Not really a bad place to work, but atmosphere is not ok. Also, the superiors seem to look down on employees, its almost insulting. I did have a great supervisor but I noticed others who weren't so fair.
Good place to work.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  TelecommuterSeptember 21, 2017
Very grateful for my time at United. I worked there for over 12 years and felt I was paid fairly and contributed to very challenging and rewarding work.
Office Job
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CASeptember 21, 2017
Enjoyed working here if you don't mind being on the phones, the schedule and hours were good. During peak season there were opportunities for OT. Hardest part was listening to disgruntled customers.
Poor Management
Operational Trainer for Customer Service Dept (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2017
Managers are very sneaky and take your approach for advancement personal and you become a target. They do not follow HR policies. You have to be in the chosen team to advance and get raises. I know I was in the chosen team and saw how unfair others were treated. The pay rate was not fair for those management didn't like.
Only negative is the management
Heart Failure Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Everything that has to do with this company is amazing, the only exception being their management. Management for the most part was not compassionate with their employees.
great company
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 21, 2017
the company is a very relaxed atmosphere where work is good intent nothing to stressful. great schedule. staff members are workable. family orientated
Very rewarding job
Healthcare Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TelecommuterSeptember 21, 2017
I loved my job with United Healthcare, it was very rewarding and I would love to go back. The only reason I had to leave was because of personal reasons I had to relocate and the company didnt have a job opening in the area where I was going to move to.
Pros
Growth Potential
Life of a night hawk
Telehealth Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 21, 2017
A typical night at work is I answer calls from Members to help assist with their needs. I love working from home, management is attentive. I've learned you can assist people with their needs via phone. The hardest part of the job is not being able to see, touch or feel the member to assess, getting better with auditory assessment. What I enjoy about my job is when I have helped a member and they are so grateful.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Assessment via telephone
Pros of United Health
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 20, 2017
United Health is a great place to work. Management is wonderful. They are very family oriented. They take the time to help the workers in anything that is needed
Great Place
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 20, 2017
Great company to work for with lots of benefits. The only reason I left was because I was a temp and I needed more money to sustain myself. My bills were bigger than my income so I had to leave.
Fast pace workplace
calling agent representative (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INSeptember 20, 2017
It was a very fast pace workplace. Learned to talk to prescribers and Pharmacist to get medications for the 65 years and older members. Helped them get the most out of their insurance.
ok place to work
Utilization Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2017
Ok place to work, large company, departments did not know what the other was doing, relied on management to keep each department updated in a timely manner
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
constantlychanging management
Relaxed pace
Senior Provider Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Have to be willing to adjust to change on a moment notice. Seems like you have to k kw people higher up to advance. You take on multiple roles even supervisor roles when handling calls

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.