UnitedHealth Group
1,727 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

2 out of 5 stars
Sr. Telesales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Fast pace environment, but the issue is simply a lack of job security, and declining moral.

Lower management were great noble people unlike upper management who's only concern is the bottom line period.

I do not regret working for this company simply because I meet some wonderful people who became long term friends.
representatives handle more than they are paid for but supervisors made it worth it
customer service representative (Former Employee), kingston nyJanuary 23, 2015
overall the management at my site is what made my job incredible.
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee), LOs Angeles, CaJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: geart group of people
Cons: no cons.
Shipping/Receiving, getting shipment ready for shipping, receiving packages from UPS, FedEx.
Learned necessary skills to perform my duties
Supervisor was very helpful in my training
Co-workers were delightful team to work with
The most enjoyable thing about working at United Health Group was the team work everyone displayed
Growing Organization
Provider Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Elkridge, MDJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: organizational stability
Cons: advancement
High Volume Workload
Poor work life balance
Non-flexible work environment
Inexperienced management on several levels
Under water culture does not match values
Helping others
Very challenging environment
Senior Consultant Data/Research Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: work at home
Cons: seem to be on 24x7
I work from home.

My typical day at work involves technically supporting our main Web-based subscription application for our clients. My department is a revenue-generating department and is very demanding of both my time (a lot of off-hours work) and effort. More specifically, I am the ETL SAS Lead for my team, often working closely with the Product Development Department team members.

The lower ratings are reflective of the fact that my department has been down two headcount for over two and a half years, and we have been down a third headcount for the past five months. Unfortunately, the strain is showing and although we have just hired three, new team members, my department has been immediately "slammed" in the new year. We need time to get the new members trained, and we do not have it.
Wonderful place to work
Escalation/ Case Manager (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: vacation and sick time/hours
Cons: healthcare
Every day is something new and exciting
I've learned to be flexible, because things change and we have to change with them.
Management is very supportive with employees, both business and personal.
I love working with people who love their jobs.
The hardest part of my job is knowing that I can't help everyone
The most enjoyable part and when I'm able to help.
Production
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: working with customers meet their needs
Cons: needed a change in career path
Lot's of growth opportunity for growth I enjoyed working with the managers, the staff and the amount of history I learned while there
About Work Culture With My current Team
IT Data Analytics Analyst (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: work culture
Cons: pay
I have been working with a great team from last couple of years and learned some many things which really boost up my technical and professional skills. I should say, this is one of my best place and team where am currently working with.

And coming to day to day, its more like unplanned work, as we don't know when we really need to stretch as we are part of Operations and Maintenance team.
UMR / UHC call center
Customer Service phone rep (claims & benefits) (Former Employee), Blue Ash, OHJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: micro-managing, management
I worked for this company over 5 years
I happened to be hired right after UHC bought UMR in Cincinnati. There were many changes being made and people were quitting and getting fired constantly. Lots of turnover at this company. Management is very very hateful and would add additional phonepath skillsets such as the spanish line to increase call time which makes it impossible to meet their 'numbers'. They would have meetings asking for our opinions on things and then fire the one person that speaks out. Just one excuse after another. There is very limited growth - not many promotions from within unless your one of 'pets'.
work is very hectic and completely disorganized
QA Analyst (Former Employee), philadelphiaJanuary 21, 2015
i would never prefer to work at a place like this basically for the fact that the process is never organized and the deadlines are untimely without proper manpower planning.
Work Culture
Senior SOA/BPM/OSB/OPA Developer (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2015
Very professional, good learning exp. Management is very friendly and helpful, gives you the opportunity to prove yourself
poor work/life balance
Medicare Claims Adjustor (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: coworkers, telecommute
Cons: mandatory overtime, management, production based
constantly asked to do more with less time, continual mandatory 10 hours of overtime each week, poor management, high stress, only enjoyable part of the job was some of the coworkers
Overall Bad Experience
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee), USAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: work / life balance
Cons: micro-management, management that doesn't have your back, poor benefits
If I could give management negative stars I would. Overall management style is extreme Micro Management. Add this to management who do not know how to communicate, or delegate properly.

Management will also throw you under a bus as your objectives don't really matter at all. (Meaning if you accomplish them very well , it doesn't matter - they will give you as poor a rating as they wish).

Culture of company is that it is very much stuck in their way, and are resistant to change.

Benefits aren't very competitive. 401k match is lower than most Fortune 100 companies. Health Insurance for a company in said industry is paltry at best (other companies not in industry have as competitive packages).

No real sign of advancement.
Fast-paced and friendly environment!!
Prescription Drug Plan Agent/ Customer Service (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: benefits and customer satisfaction!
A typical day at work would be filled with the client's satisfaction with the company. Time flies when you're attending to the customers needs. The staff was very friendly and relaxed.
rewarding job
Claims Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: high priced benefits in 2000
Great management company that cares about employees. THey value their employees.
place is ok to work
Web Administrator (Former Employee), CAJanuary 14, 2015
nice place to work and nice co-workers and ok with management
Unproductive management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sugarland ,TexasJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: everything
they work you hard and never work with you when it comes to being sick or your child being sick . Cant make dr appointments etc very unreasonable place and environment to work in.
Grew too fast and can't keep up
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 14, 2015
Over the past year the culture of what UHC stands for no longer exists.
As far as job advancement that is a laugh.
If HR doesn't approve then you might as well enjoy what you are doing. Very hard to move up in company even though they claim that there is alot of room for advancement.
Also it's very ironic working for an insurance company and having some of the worst benefits I had ever had. 2500.00 deductible? really?
Can we say "working Poor"
If you aren't a nurse case manager then your opinion doesn't matter
To many changes
Medical Biller (Former Employee), Cypress, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: to many changes
This could have been a good job except that they were going through a change and they were bought out by another company and made many changes, ultimately dissolving the department I was working in.
Great opportunities for advancement
Group Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), Hooksett, NHJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: work was very stressful at times
Work was interesting and challenging to correctly enroll or renew group health insurance policies. Working with a team was affective since every one helped every one to process groups.

1 2 3 4 5

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos