UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,336 reviews matching the search
Needs New Management
Producer Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 26, 2016
United Health Group needs new management. There is no room for advancement. It's really stressful. Its decent money but not worth it.
Perfect place for advancing career
QA Analyst/Tester (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2016
The company provided continuous training and assistance learning I appreciated the amount of growth opportunity within the United Healthcare community. I would recommend this organization for those whom are seeking employment in the insurance field. The company was good at keeping team spirit . I learned important things regarding the healthcare industry. The most difficult part of the job for me was keeping my productivity consistent. I was then able to apply for a telecommuting position.
Pros
telecommute oppurtunities, training, free lunch fridays
Cons
no great benefits
productive and busy place to work
Benefit advocate (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 26, 2016
A typical day at work is to answer incoming calls and helping members with their benefits, claims, pre-authorizations, fsa, hra, hsa, and prescription coverage. Most co-workers are helpful and fun to be around.
Pros
great benefits and excellent supervisors
Cons
long hours, not being taught everything needed to know to help members.
great work environment
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15221May 25, 2016
very busy working environment.. flexible working schedule, opportunities for transfers to different sites. nice company
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no overtime
Perfect Place To Grow
Provider Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 24, 2016
You can and will go far here with excellent management and training. this job is the doorway to a career that you'll love with benefits that you will not find anywhere else.
The culture is pretty good.
Provider Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 23, 2016
The culture is pretty good. Currently, I do not have a permanent status & they have been interviewing outside people in the department I am in verses communication openings to the 13 people of us as we were told when we began in 3/2016.
Good Employer
Sr Revenue Cycle Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 23, 2016
Overall like any other big corporation. The company had a staff turnover like others. This company did provide some very nice technology. Travel was very nice and they took care of the employees.
Pros
company technology, salary
Cons
communication, promotions
Uhc telephonic case manager
OPTUM HEALTH- RN TELEPHONIC CM (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2016
Poor management, push nurses to act like ants and just do as your told, discouraged from using clinical nursing judgement, holds a carrot over your head to work from home
Pros
WORK FROM HOME, HIGHER PAY
Cons
TERRIBLE EMPLOYEE HEALTH INSURANCE, SURE I MADE MORE BUT PAY MORE FOR SIMPLE DOCTOR VISITS
You will be a number
Rapid Resolution Expert (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2016
Management and co-workers are good. Benefits were ok. If you can be uncaring and only concern yourself with getting people off of the phone you will go far. If you can get a non-phone job the company is fantastic.
Fast paced, company oriented
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 20, 2016
Face paced production call center, always processing new updates/skills. Training to learn new skills to handle more calls to better serve the customers.
Great opportunity for growth
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 19, 2016
Horrible upper management
Military & Veterans Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 19, 2016
Would not recommend anyone that I know to work there. Upper mgt did not care about their employees. The metrics that we were supposed to uphold were not reachable
Pros
learned new skills
Cons
upper mgt was clueless, treated employees badly
Awesome company to work for
Claims Advocate (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 19, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of helping others. The work environment is wonderful in all aspects
Horrible management & pay!!
Claims Rep & Appeals Rep (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 18, 2016
I worked there for over 2 years. The Franklin TN site is the most unorganized company I've ever worked for. At one point my team went over 6 months without a team and department manager. When they finally hired a department manager after only a few months she disappeared for months with no explanation from our managers. When I transferred to another department that same manager would interrupt our meetings and be extremely rude when we would try to say that the mandatory 15 hours of overtime a week wasn't doable because of children etc. Her response I have a kid too and I don't understand why you can't too. Seriously?!!??? Who speaks to their employees like that? The benefits are HORRIBLE!! Which I can't understand because they're an insurance company. On top of all that the company does nothing for team moral. No potlucks or anything to show employee appreciation. Only emails when you're not hitting the countless metrics which the managers can't even explain half the time. No room for any errors. You have to hit 100% to get the pathetic $200 bonus every 3 months. And the pay is ridiculous. I never understood how one class would make $11 and the next $16. I knew people making $2 more an hour than me and I had more experience than them. I've never heard of such a wide range in pay for the same position. Overall this is one of the worst companies I've ever worked for. Stay away!!
Pros
OT if you want to work to death
Cons
Too many to list
Steady, Reliable Job
Broker Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 18, 2016
Wonderful training department, plenty of jobs! A struggle to find truly interesting advancement opportunities. My specific department has little support and a 'rough' atmosphere.
Pros
Training Program
Cons
Short Lunch, hard to advance
Productive and an apathetic work place
Customer Service Agent for Prescription Drug Plans (Current Employee) –  Hobart, IN 46342May 18, 2016
The establishment itself is well known and respected with high praises for it's corporal accomplishments. The facility is continually ranked high when compared to other regions as being the most accomplished at it's multitude . The management could use a better coaching technique, and some implement of a "check and balance" system could be of use to better the communication and productivity between the employees and employers. There is little room to advance in this environment, and fresh creative ideas are not encouraged unless it is from management.
Pros
leniency on schedules and certificates for acknowledgment of achievements
Cons
non stimulant work, and very repetitive actions required.
An ok place to start!
Lead Assessment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2016
This job is perfect for people who are fresh out of school. It is the perfect place to learn and develop an idea as to where to go professionally. I enjoyed meeting and working with most of coworkers. Management is hands off unless something is wrong. There aren't many team building opportunities. The work environment can go bad very quickly due to lack of team work. Once you have your experience, you must leave because they are not willing to pay you competitively.
Peers are wonderful caring people
Health Coach RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 17, 2016
The highlight of the job was the nurses that work there. They are some of the nicest people that I have ever worked with. The management were often divided and each one has their own way of doing things. Constant changes and often hard to keep up with all of the of them.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Sometimes there is not enough time for lunch and often worked more than the 8 hours
Great place for experience
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAMay 17, 2016
Inbound call center, speaking to employers, brokers and some members regarding their insurance questions from billing, eligibility and claims.
Quiet, structure environment
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2016
I enjoy this part time job, because by spending time educating people on how Medicare and Medicaid work for individuals 65 years and older as well as for younger adults with disabilities I can help them make informed decisions having to do with their health insurance.

The hardest part of this job for me is to only be able to work in the evenings and weekends and sometimes it is hard to get assistance from the help desk to clarify issues for my clients.

The most enjoyable part is to make sure they are in good hands and they can count on me to find the resources they might need to get the most of their health coverage.
Pros
Help people leave longer healthier lives.
Cons
Having to fight for better rates to better serve the community