UnitedHealth Group

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 2,126 reviews matching the search
unorganized
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 6, 2016
Supervisors send email of job we will complete per day. Some days the leaders were not clear on which jobs we were to do. They had multiple new hire training's which took away the time to assist the current staff which caused errors in work. I liked co-workers.
Pros
close restaurants
Cons
timed breaks
Satisfied working at United Health
SAS/SQL System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDFebruary 4, 2016
Work environment and the typical day of work is satisfied. And Management and coworkers are nice. Don't have hardest part of the job.
Medicaid PPR
Provider Resolution Specialist and Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 4, 2016
Working within this fast-paced call center is challenging. Meeting service levels is very important in this field. Meeting your metrics is even more important. With endless career opportunities I would rate this company as a good place to work.
Pros
Career advancement, good culture
Cons
Short breaks, basic health benefits, corporate atmosphere
EXCELLENT all-around!!
Licensed Health Agent (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 4, 2016
All staff are very friendly and encouraging. I learn something new each day, which I love.

Coaches have all started from the bottom, which lets all telephonic workers know that they understand how we feel when things get heavy. Not something you find a lot of in other companies upper-level management.
Pros
Regularly scheduled breaks, blue jeans Fridays
Cons
none!
Fast paced medicaid industry
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 3, 2016
Working in the medicaid world has been a challenge. You see what others in this world are facing. Times can be tough but I'm here to help.
Poor benefit package, understaffed
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 2, 2016
The caseloads for the Clinical Care managers are extremely high, and there is a big problem with employee retention due to this. The benefits are also pretty bad; a very large deductable for both medical and pharmacy, so expect to pay out of pocket for everything.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, nice coworkers
Cons
understaffed, caseloads too high, very poor benefit package
Customer Service Rep
Benefit Advocate/ Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 1, 2016
They pay very well but the job is hard work. If you are used to a call center environment then this will be a great job for you but if not I would suggest to look elsewhere.
Pros
The pay is great
Cons
The job is very stressful and overwhelming and micromanaged
Recruitment
SALES OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 1, 2016
Bad communication regarding hiring status and inequitable evaluation of candidates. Not completely fair in evaluation of candidates
Pros
telecommute
Cons
not diverse
Customer Service Oriented Business
Appeals and Grievance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAJanuary 31, 2016
My job consist of satisfying our customers needs and wants. I work in the Grievance and Appeals department for Retirees.
Great Job
Data Entry Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2016
A great company to use your skills and experience to advance opportunities great co worker and managers its a great place to work
Fair
Associate Network Contractor (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Responsible for developing the provider network (physicians, hospitals, pharmacies, ancillary groups & facilities, etc.) yielding a geographically competitive, broad access, stable network that achieves objectives for unit cost performance and trend management, and produces an affordable and predictable product for customers and business partners
OK job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 27, 2016
Benefits are lacking for such a huge insurance company. Too many changes and your boss changes way too much. Easy to get lost in the shuffle. Had to advance .
Pros
Good experience
Cons
lack of pay and benefits
I worked in a project called Shield Advance where the existing Mainframe Legacy system is migrated to FACETS & Network X Pricer. I worked as a Senior
Sr. Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 27, 2016
The project is mainly on routing and adjudication of Claims from our trading partner to HIPAA gateway. According to the Legacy and FACETS system the claims will be routed to different system based on the Business requirement. The Validation is done on FACETS and Different legacy routing scenario and how is the stored on FACETS accumulator tables.
Worst place to ever work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 27, 2016
They always laying off people accounts always closing . They don't get your pay right management sucks DO NOT WORK HERE !!! Your job isn't secured
Great company
Provider Resolution and Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 26, 2016
company allowed me to learn numerous things about the healthcare that I did not have knowledge of before. interaction with hospitals and staff was great .
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Short lunches
enjoy sales
Managing General Agent (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 25, 2016
I've enjoyed working with the clients and products. I am a self employed broker. This company has gone through major changes annually since I have worked with them.
Very Limiting
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 25, 2016
Okay job so long as you don't expect the opportunity for advancement within the company. Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE compensation. Every year, we took a survey and every year the compensation would be a big negative but they gloss over it as though they don't care (And they probably don't!) Health benefits were also lousy, with a high deductible. Day to day job functions were okay but competent supervisors were never a guarantee! Good co-workers for the most part.
Pros
Generous PTO, stock options if you could afford to buy in
Cons
Compensation, Health benefits
clean friendly environment
concierge (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day within my office consists of arriving promptly to set up my work station, and within minutes of settling into my cubicle being informed of the latest scuttlebutt du jour - regardless if I wish to hear it or not. Once the shift has started, I field incessant, repetitive, and mundane phone calls, repeating the same information ad nauseum to people who've heard it 10,000 times before, yet still ask questions and become irate as if our processes are totally foreign to them. You are not allowed to place callers on hold, even if their issue requires brief research to be resolved. There is often NO break in between calls, and breaks are often cancelled depending on which way the wind blows.
Manager of Care Management
Manager of Care Management (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 24, 2016
Fielding calls from care coordinators, assuring that members needs are met. Many deadlines are required to be met. Constantly used to having to shift priorities. Provide coaching with new and seasoned employees. Interviewing, hiring and onboarding new staff.
Pros
Flexibility in hours as long as job is done on time
Cons
Many competing demands
Awesome Job
Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 23, 2016
I am a behavioral health Care Advocate for UnitedHealth Group. I work from home and went home full-time after 4-6 months. I take calls from mental health and substance abuse facilities that are requesting authorizations for our members. I am in a phone queue all day and take clinical information from providers. UnitedHealth Group is growing and there is job security. I have referred 10 friends to UnitedHealth Group and the majority of them have stayed over 1 year. The salary for a Care Advocate with UHG is better than any hospitals or facilities. The company is constantly growing and changing for the better; the stock speaks for it's self!
Pros
work from home, normal business hours, holidays off, 15% stock option discount, vested after 2 years of employment, spot awards/bonuses, 23 Days of PTO and 28 days after being w/company for 5 years
Cons
raises could be better for a Fortune 500 Company, Very Busy