UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,415 reviews matching the search
just horrible.
Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 16, 2016
the training is just a big set up for failure. management is unprofessional and not knowledgeable at all. They tell u incorrect information and penalize you for following their directions. Only high deductible insurance/pharmacy plans or offered to employees. They don't pay a liveable wage. Everything about this job is a 'No'. Its just not worth the trouble.
Pros
free coffe/tea/ice/water
Cons
pay, healthcare, u have to purchase cups for the free coffe/tea/ice/water or bring ur own.
Job description change drastically; I had 3 managers within 2 years
Clinical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJune 3, 2016
The job I was hired to performed was not the job I performed-there was little/no training for the new duties. One month before my first evaluation, my manager said he questioned my ability to perform my duties!? Things were fine, or so I thought and was told, before that. In the two years employed with UHC, I received two salary increases that totaled $1,800-this included annual raise and bonuses.
Pros
Office staff were very cordial
Cons
Job description changed drastically-little training provided
UHC values it's employees, provides training, and encourages volunteerism.
UHC Business Analyst Consultant (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAMay 29, 2016
UHC values a work home life balance. Overtime is needed on occasion, but not a regular routine. Executive Management encourages participation on goal setting and core values.

The hardest part of my position was acclimating to the many changes in technology and tools.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. Everyone seems focused, with strong work ethics and integrity. Volunteerism is highly encouraged.
Pros
The Employees and Executive Mgmt's commitment to communication.
Cons
Technology & Tools are changing rapidly
fast pace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLJune 21, 2016
Face to face customer service with members who come in with questions about there medical and dental insurance. Provide excellent customer service. Respond to complex customer calls. Resolve customer service inquires which include: billing and payment issues, customer material requests, physician assignments, authorization for treatment, explanation of benefits, works independently.
Pros
great schedule, and great communication
Cons
not enough training
Nice work place but advancement and raises are scarce.
Outside B2B Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 13, 2016
The hardest part of the job is to make sure that you have all of the paperwork needed to enroll providers and the knowledge to get medical claims paid when they do not meet the correct format.

Our director, Brook Elkins is the BEST manager I have ever worked for, however, my direct manager's were promoted based on who they knew, not skill.

I absolutely loved my co-workers and clients.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
Lack of advancement
good pay, benefits, worklife balance
Human Capital Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 13, 2016
Good company to work for if you are not motivated by moving up the company ladder. Only 80% of employees are eligible for annual bonus each year. Leader chooses who receives, and it is not based on any structured formula.
Great company to get experience in Health Care industry, and get recruited out if you are interested in upward movement.
In general, great place to work, although we have reductions in workforce scheduled several times per year.
Pros
great benefits, work life balance, pay
Cons
Only 80% employees allowed to get bonus, upward movement rare
A place to work
Physician Contracts (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 3, 2016
A typical day at UHC was really nothing more that clocking in, working and clocking out

I learned that upper management didn't know a lot of what our particular team did for the company and yet they wanted to manage it as if they did

I had some great co-workers that made the job bearable

The hardest part of the job was there wasn't a lot of incentive to make you want to actually show up

The best part of working for UHC were the benefits
Benefits
Cons
Not a family oriented company
Be Productive
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 24, 2016
Great work/life balance. Healthcare is always changing, so having a creative mindset and bringing new ideas to your managers/peers seems to be encouraged. If you are a 'self-starter / go-getter' you will succeed. Promotions typically come later than expected, but it is usually rectified at some point down the line - if you expect to stay within the company for your career, it seems as though they'll make it right.
Pros
Employee Stock Plan, Vacation Days, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Ironically, the Health Insurance, Later than expected Promotions
Interesting health care field, good work experience
Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 29, 2016
Variety of area's to work which includes adults, adolescents and substance abuse clients. Communication among staff and management is slowly improving. Generally co-workers act as a team. Opportunity to educate clients and families about medication and resources available. Positive working relationships with numerous Physicians and staff to benefit client care.
Pros
Many available shifts
Cons
Frequently under staffed
Perfect place for advancing career
QA Analyst/Tester (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2016
The company provided continuous training and assistance learning I appreciated the amount of growth opportunity within the United Healthcare community. I would recommend this organization for those whom are seeking employment in the insurance field. The company was good at keeping team spirit . I learned important things regarding the healthcare industry. The most difficult part of the job for me was keeping my productivity consistent. I was then able to apply for a telecommuting position.
Pros
telecommute oppurtunities, training, free lunch fridays
Cons
no great benefits
UHG Not a Stable Work Place
CAC (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 2, 2016
In order to maintain the place in the Healthcare Market they will run pilots, hire people then scrap all of this within a 2 year period.

The health coverage they provide is non existent if you are an employee. High Deductibles. Most maintenance meds not covered or you have to pay a Co Pay of $80.

Case Management loads overwhelming. They think Nurses are Super-People.

Job here not worth the stress.

Not transparent in anything they do.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
See abveo
An ok place to start!
Lead Assessment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2016
This job is perfect for people who are fresh out of school. It is the perfect place to learn and develop an idea as to where to go professionally. I enjoyed meeting and working with most of coworkers. Management is hands off unless something is wrong. There aren't many team building opportunities. The work environment can go bad very quickly due to lack of team work. Once you have your experience, you must leave because they are not willing to pay you competitively.
great work environment
Medical Records Technician (AdvantMed) (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 30, 2016
On a typical day at work, I go to the assigned medical clinic to retrieve the requested medical records and gather the information that is needed with the help of the very friendly receptionists. I then upload all medical records into the system. I haven't had any need to get involved with management, so as of now management is great. With my position, I don't have any other coworkers that I see on a regular day to day basis. The hardest part of the job would have to be when the clinic or myself is unable to find the patients medical records. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be being able to travel to new clinics often and meeting new people everyday.
Pros
gas/mileage reimbursement
Cons
no benefits
I enjoyed the enviroment , the atmosphere was welcoming .
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMay 16, 2016
I started my day reviewing my stats and tasks I needed to complete for the day. I learned to work at a fast pace job . I learned a lot about patience due to a lot of the customers were 65 and older . The management new what the goals you needed to reach and would help you reach them . My co-workers would help when needed , friendly and team players .The hardest part of my job was not being able to help a customer when needed . The most enjoyable part of my job was the ability to have the customer laughing and smiling at the end of the call / situation .
Pros
bonus and incentives
Cons
N/A
Demoralizing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2016
Fast-paced and hectic.Training is bare bones and you are thrown to the wolves with only a rudimentary knowledge of your position. Calls are graded during training, and you are pushed to earn as many positive surveys from customers as possible. Every second of your day is timed and graded, and you are not allowed off the phones to go to the bathroom if needed. Company has a "will hire anyone" vibe which is reflected in the classroom. Trainers and management are impatient and treat you like children for asking questions.
Pros
Occasionally, you get a free lunch.
Cons
Breaks feel short, depressing atmosphere.
Quiet, structure environment
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2016
I enjoy this part time job, because by spending time educating people on how Medicare and Medicaid work for individuals 65 years and older as well as for younger adults with disabilities I can help them make informed decisions having to do with their health insurance.

The hardest part of this job for me is to only be able to work in the evenings and weekends and sometimes it is hard to get assistance from the help desk to clarify issues for my clients.

The most enjoyable part is to make sure they are in good hands and they can count on me to find the resources they might need to get the most of their health coverage.
Pros
Help people leave longer healthier lives.
Cons
Having to fight for better rates to better serve the community
Productive workplace, Room for advancement excellent benefits
Provider Phone Rep (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 5, 2016
Great Place to work if you're looking for advancement from within. Management is good, the CEO is an awesome guy. UHC cares about it's employees and is always striving for better as a company. This company does offer bonuses on top of your regular pay, they also have a few added perks to the job such as potlucks, breakfast for employees, and other fun job related events.
Pros
site only open until 8pm No late night shifts, great benefits, fun place to work
Cons
Depending on the dept you may have to work weekends
Member services
Customer Service Representative / Senior (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 5, 2016
Duties include data entry, answering incoming and outgoing calls regarding benefits, claims, eligibility, prior authorizations and other insurance questions. Archiving, reviewing applications, and scanning. Responsible for handling department documents, distributing mail, address changes, processing claims and other duties assigned. Medicare and Medicaid trained. I have knowledge of HMO and PPO benefits.
Awesome work place.
Clinical Coverage Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2016
We started off with a consideration of a outlined information in connection with our jobs . We then started with our work assignments.
I learned the importance of good communication and public speaking.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the busy schedule but it was also something that I truly appreciated at the same time.
The most enjoyable part of the the work there was the happiness that everyone had in there assignments .
Pros
Very close to home
Cons
Could not work at home
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 1, 2016
Thank You UnitedHealth Group for firing me due to my medical absences and misdirecting me for help because if you didn't, I wouldn't of found a place with Whelan Security and lets not forget my new opportunity at Apple Inc. So thank you #UHG for forcing me to get out and find my TRUE calling; if I was still working for you, I don't think my life would of reached the happiness it's at right now.
----------------
Thank you for lowballing my hourly pay... meanwhile temp agencies were paying their workers 12.00 and more an hour, I was making 11.06. Wonderful.