UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 4,493 reviews matching the search
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2017
United Healthcare atmosphere is conducive to a productive teamwork environment. While most of the team is across the U.S., we still find a close network and help each other.
good company
Advocate, Pharmacy Benefits Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 21, 2017
hours change a lot last min OT ,calls can be up and down but when they become busy ot rolls out you may have to stay late or come early the next day and work on off day
great place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  TampaMay 21, 2017
To work for a fortune 5 company in the world says a lot. Great place to work for. Work life balance is a major plus, and benefits are great too; especially stock options
Calm and diverse work place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 20, 2017
The people are really friendly, at least at the campus that I worked at. The company itself values the workers because it offers various incentives to stay in the company.
Nice quiet place to work
SR PHARMACY TECH PRIOR AUTH (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 19, 2017
Great work experience. Positive workplace culture. Supportive management. Great team work and I really liked the level of community outreach.
Overall a pleasure to work there.
Pros
Great working conditions
Cons
Could get a little over whelming
About United Health Group
Contract Author Provider Installations (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 19, 2017
Work with United Health Group has been educational and very rewarding. This is a company with an outstanding culture that is positive and drawing internally as well as externally. The management is exceptional, and they are willing to help with achievement and upward movement. The hardest part of the job is not having a job because of phasing out and outsourcing, which is what's happening to me. I don't want to leave but I have to be realistic and proactive about my search for employment to ensure that I have a current and future sustaining lifestyle through being gainfully employed.
Pros
Pay Compensatons, Bonuses
Cons
Outsourcing
Great culture, work environment, people, and chance for advancement
Sr. Lead Software Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAMay 19, 2017
A great place to work with great people, training, and benefits. Opportunity to learn and do many new things if you have the gumption. Training is open to all employees. UnitedHealth Care is interested in their employees.

Technology/IT sector the full time employees need to find their own jobs within the company once the project ends. You are basically on your own here. That is the drawback.
Pros
Training Class are offered to all employees
Cons
IT professionsals need to find their own job once a project ends
Can be a fun work place. Depending the team you are with
Health Advisor/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 18, 2017
Sometimes this company would not allow you to have that family time. It would get to a point where there so much OT. You forgot you had a family at home.
The new Optum Headquarters Building has lots of amentities.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 18, 2017
A typical day at work was mostly sitting and answering inbound calls from UHC members in a call center setting.

I learned about Healthcare Benefits.

Very little diversity among management.

Workplace culture was challenging for most of my team members.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of flexibility.

The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the members.
Pros
Beautiful new building with all of the amenities.
Cons
Short Lunches
Customer Service/Call Center environment with opportunities to work from home
HEALTH ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 18, 2017
There are plenty of positions available with opportunities to work from home. Customer service/call center environment but there are other positions available where you're not on the phones all day.
Pros
Benefits Working from home
enjoyable place to work that offered a variety of personalities to learn from.
Benefit Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMay 18, 2017
a typical day at work consisted of fielding calls from employees to advise of benefits they signed up for with their employer. I learned how to handle a variety of customers from very satisfied to very irate without taking it personally. management was okay but sometimes not very helpful in that they may not have known a lot about a persons individual benefits. united health group was a place that had a wide variety of personalities and backgrounds for its employees. the hardest part of the job was when my hands were tied on what benefits were allowable because most of the time it created an upset customer. what I enjoyed the most was being able to help someone understand their benefits and how they applied to the programs.
Pros
helped me understand my own individual employee benefits.
Cons
being forced to take a short day because of not many calls coming in
Huge Company
Medicare Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 18, 2017
With a company of this size, there is opportunity for job exploration and change. The work environment is pleasant and attractive. Onsite restaurants and exercise facilities.
Pros
Large company with multiple job opportunites
Cons
Company is so large that managers are not aware of job opportunities, you will have to search on your own, pay is minimal
Great Place To Work
Clinical Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2017
I enjoyed my working for United. The culture and staff were positive and people friendly. The only negative I experienced was the benefits were not the best for medical.
Great company to work
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDMay 17, 2017
Great place to work, very friendly team, intense and competitive work ethics. As a QA Engineer, I enjoyed sharing ideas with my team, and working with well educated individuals
Pros
Great company, competitive Benefits
Cons
Can do better with management
workplace
Customer service rep and trainer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 17, 2017
The manager had no knowledge of the work the employees were to do on the day to day bases. Employees with degrees were making less than employees that came in with just a diploma. This is a revolving door company
Very productive and organized team
Medicare Trusted License Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 17, 2017
I enjoyed talking to the consumers and assisting them with their orders to help them live a healthier life. I talked to at least 20 consumers a day and we had to have an average call handling time of 15 mins. That was the hardest part at first.
Pros
Great education, friendly
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to work and great home and worklife balance
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 17, 2017
UHG is a great organization with excellent values and mission. Some of the best coworkers I have ever worked with. UHG has excellent training programs for all positions. Very well organized company.
Not a place I would recommend
Sr. Account/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 17, 2017
UHG is a workplace where it is difficult to maintain a work-life balance. The compensation is not that great, and the expectations are very high. Everyone that I worked with were always stressed out, sometimes for no reason. That is the experience that I and many people I know had and it differs from team to team. Although, it is a good company to have on your resume. Thats one plus point.
Underpaid
Claims Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2017
It has been a long time since working here hopefully things have changed. There was a lot of work and less pay. And a lot of unorganized departments.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Underpaid
Excellent place to work
LTSS Field Service Coordinator, Nursing Facility (Former Employee) –  Home based officeMay 17, 2017
Very family oriented. Encourages work life balance. Management works well will staff. Company offers time for employees to get together and learn but also relax.
Pros
Focus and caring of employees
Cons
salaries

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval