UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 4,682 reviews matching the search
Decent pay
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVOCATE/OUTBOUND SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 28, 2017
This job provides decent pay in comparison to other jobs, but it requires a lot of work with little teaching. While you're in training for about three months, there are things you learn much later on that might have been useful in the beginning.
Insurance claims processor.
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 28, 2017
I was not very happy with this company. At the time I was hired I was 7 months pregnant and was led to believe that if my stats were above average I was have the opportunity to work from home. After returning from maternity leave I was not thoroughly trained on the changes that occurred during my time of absents and the company was not very supportive with my unexpected absents due to baby's medical issues at the time, and was let go.
Pros
Great schedule for the working mom.
Cons
Did not feel I was given a fair chance when I returned from maternity leave.
UnitedHealth and Optum
Sever Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 28, 2017
My work week was very flexible on what hours you could work. This was great with dealing with family issues that came up. I worked 4/10's so left me with plenty of time.
I worked from home, so as long as you had an internet connection, you were able to work from anywhere.

Opportunity to advance was nonexistent and downsizing was done by random draw. * Hence the low rating for Job security and Management.
Pros
Flexible times and work from home
Cons
Poor Management practices
I was a consultant and there was no security.
Fraud Waste and Abuse Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 28, 2017
I believe they would be a good company to work for if you were employed by them. If you are a consultant you always have an uneasy feeling. I was in a division that our group was the first group and the education and knowledge of management with the people in the group was very similar. We learned together, which is frustrating if you need an answer. I did love the remote part and the pay was awesome.
Pros
Remote Work, Pay
Cons
Lack of education, direction and training
productive flexible
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 28, 2017
Love working for this company very flexible with work hours .
Get along with coworks and supervisor
Supervisor is very helpful/understanding
balance work and home life
Great place for job advancement
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJune 27, 2017
Great environment to work with. Excellent company for improvement to advance. Training was for 2 months wich gave us plenty of time to learn. You learn about the health care and how especially you learn how to be humble.
Pros
great insurance excellent management
Cons
30 min for lunch
Great place
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2017
Great place to work & have great benefits & management are understanding. I would definitely recommend to other people for employment. I would work here again.
Family enviroment and a safe place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 27, 2017
A typical day at work would first arrive 15 minutes early. I would then make sure my work area is organized and really to go. I start taking my calls and assisting my customers helping them with there needs or concerns.
Pros
company lunches and incentives
Cons
Heavy work flow
Great learing experience
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 27, 2017
Great company to work with, love what I do. There is plenty of opportunity for growth. State wide and if you have to relocate great job for relocation.
Pros
flexible, model of care
Cons
traveling and paper work
A good place to work
Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 27, 2017
UHG/Optum is currently going through budget cuts and downsizing affecting its IT workforce. Several development projects are being shelved or shutdown. This makes employment there somewhat of a risk.

Want to know more about UnitedHealth Group?

Ask a question
Life's Best Work
Senior Clinical Recruiter, Field Based Chattanooga (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 27, 2017
The place to do Your Life's Best Work is more than a slogan, the culture and climate make the difference! Mission and Core values are exemplified top to bottom.
Well managed workplace with excellent pay and benefits.
Business Process Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, ILJune 27, 2017
This is a huge company, well managed, with excellent pay and benefits. They are dedicated to a work/life balance and have a fantastic internal culture.
Best if you can work independently
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYJune 27, 2017
The training program is very intensive. However this job is not for everyone. Depending on which supervisor you have you could receive little to no support.
Provider
Senior Provider Rep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 26, 2017
Assisted provider with payment of claims. Learned more about how Medical Insurance works in detail.
Management was supportive of employee goals.
Not really a hard part of the job,
Pros
Learned more about medical insurance
Cons
Not alot of overtime
UHC is a great company to work for.
Workforce Traffic Rep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 26, 2017
UHC is a very diversified culture. They encourage you to take the online classes that the company pays for in order to help in your current position or to help qualify you for another position. Your allowed to request transfer to another position after 6 months in the current position.
The hardest part of my job was completing some reports within the 8 hour day. Sometimes they cut overtime.
Management is fair and the review process is open and complete.

I would still be working for them (I worked there 9 years) if I hadn't gotten sick.
very dissatisfied CTA agent
CTA wellmed (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2017
-horrible place to work.
-a lot of discrimination from management
-will put you on a final no warning no explanation
-company practices retaliation
Pros
no pros about this company cept its just a paycheck. worst job ever!!
Cons
incompetent/ lazy management. very unorganzed, paychecks short
Terrible experience
Analytical (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2017
I thought the cullture was terrible. Even if you are a team.player people just step all over you.
If you don't fit into the click you are not accepted and treated horribly. Everyone is just out for themselves . All stems from leadership. I thought the morale was terrible and elitist
Wouid not recommend workiing here unless there is a major change
Managers were noit supportive just pushed tp get ahead
People only care about job title not really helping people
People are abusive and spread mean and cruel rumors to make managers are supposed to mentor and leadc people not make fun of employees
Pros
Compensation is fair
Cons
Management is terrible
High demands to sell various products, short breaks, low morale
ICS Generalist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 26, 2017
High level of incoming calls, no time to communicate with other employees. You were always pushed to do more sell more. Pay was not equal to the company's demands. I learned about various insurance products that the company offered. Best part of the day was company lunches and going home at the end of your shift.
Pros
Training that was provided
Cons
High production demands
Customer Service Representive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 26, 2017
It was a very fun envirnment, I enjoyed working there wouldn't mind working there again. Managment was a friendly atmosphere. We got to enjoy our days with typical music and enjoy making sure our customers were satisfied.
Excellent company to work for
WAH - Provider Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2017
I have "NOTHING" bad to say about United Healthcare. I would advise anyone looking for a career to receive great benefits and advance to definitely try UHC. This is my dream career and I am looking forward to advancing within this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.