UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,489 reviews matching the search
Great Opportunities
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAJuly 29, 2016
Once your foot is in the door you have so many other opportunities to work toward. Great Company they really care about their employees!
Pros
Promoting Health
Cons
short lunch breaks
Great company to work for.
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  TelecommuteJuly 28, 2016
Highly integrated company with a ton of processes. If you like knowing what your day is going to be every single day, this is the place for you. Great co-workers, team - oriented, and a huge corporate infrastructure.
Pros
Infrastructure, team - oriented, culture of helping people, high value on telecommuting
Cons
Not for the independent mindset.
customer service
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WA 98011July 27, 2016
I would start the day out by jumping on the phone and in a queue all day to answer questions from the members or providers calling in with questions
Pros
wearing jeans
Cons
the shift
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTJuly 27, 2016
Had great relations with all workers within my sector. Very interesting working on the back side of the insurance field with data entry.
Pros
close to home
Cons
temp job finished earlier than expected
Lincoln has a great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 27, 2016
i love working for Lincoln...I have learned so much about life insurance and the industry of insurance. I learned to give people more than what they expect, and learned how to deal with irate callers. The best part is the great calls and the employees. The hardest part is the escalations on situations that could have been prevented.
Allows work at home opportunities.
Cancer Support Program Certified Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2016
The job is located in Atlanta, Georgia. Autonomy is a benefit in this role. Case Managers works on teams that focuses on the same goal and outreach plan.
A good but very frustrating job.
Representative (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJuly 25, 2016
Honestly this is a good job to have. It pays decent and has decent benefits. The job itself is so frustrating how ever. I've never had a job that has made me want to quit daily.
Pros
Good pay + benefits
Cons
Very frustrating work
Producrive place to work
Optum Contractor (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJuly 25, 2016
This was my 1st call center job and overall it give me a lot of experience to use on future jobs. It help build my communication skills to a new level.
terrible place to work
Benefit Advocate (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJuly 25, 2016
United Healthcare is only worried about management. The members are not first priority, they are only numbers. The company pays well but you are expected to do so much overtime there is there no time for family or personal life. They fired me because my father died un-expectantly and they told me after being gone for two days I was MIA and if I did not come back I would risk my job. The turn around on employees is terrible and the training sucks so the new employees are never really able to help a member correctly. The mandatory overtime wont even allow you to go to your scheduled Dr appointments that have been scheduled months in advance.
I do not recommend working here to anyone unless they make a huge change in business practice.
Pros
Cons
everything
Competent coworkers
Senior Care Advocate Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 25, 2016
Excellent coworkers, clean office, supportive supervisor, free parking, bodega in building, smoke free work place, sufficient pay, great view, free coffee.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
company politics
Hard job, unrealistic expectations
Customer service advocate. (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYJuly 25, 2016
Pay and benefits were decent. The expectations from management were very unrealistic and difficult to achieve. They are not afraid to fire you if you don't meet goals. Difficult to get time off approved. Mandatory overtime since they were so short staffed because they can't keep up with employee turnover.
Pros
Pay was decent.
Cons
Poor work/life balance. Difficult to achieve expectations.
Not good place
optum cob rep (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 24, 2016
The company looks good from outside but when you join its not what you thought,they hire alot of temps using recruiting agencies and so fire at will without consideration for peoples lifes,I saw alot of people get fired within a short span of time ,managers rule by intimidation if you disagree with them you get to go,no one is spared the trainers are not very good they train you as if you already know the job,metrics are hard to understand all you are to them a number nothing more as long as your numbers are not good no one cares ,no work life balance,most are afraid everyday cause anytime you can be fired,alot of favoritism goes on there in a nutshell not the best experience
Pros
not much
Cons
alot
Extraordinary Company
RN Case Manager-Responsibilities/Duties (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 23, 2016
Cohesive team, dedicated to impeccable care to patients and families. Extraordinary interdisciplinary team members who exhibit respect and admiration internally as well as in the community.
Flexible company
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 23, 2016
United Healthcare gives its employees a very flexible work schedule which is perfect for the average busy person.
You have multiple advancement opportunities and leaders who push you towards your wanted goals.
Pros
telecommuting, self start independant
Cons
sitting all day
Productive and fun work environment
Registration Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 23, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping someone else make life changing decisions and letting them know you are there to support them through the process.
Great culture and ethics, poor pay and benefits
Client Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 22, 2016
The company could do a better job of ensuring their employees pay is commensurate with the market rate. Employees benefits could be a lot better. What I love most about my job is that I have a lot of flexibility and can work from home as I see fit. The organization as a whole really promotes working remote.
Pros
Working Remote, Good Corporate Ethics, Stock Options, 401k
Cons
subpar medical benefits and low pay
Good job
Sr .Output Techician (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCJuly 22, 2016
I really enjoyed working for UHG, it was a great place to work , friendly coworker and mangerment. Ok benefits and the pay could have been better . I lot of overtime to earn more money .
Sr. IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 22, 2016
UHG is a great place to work with remote working and flexibility. There are lot of potential opportunities in various technologies, management and business operations. The culture is very diversified, which is another great aspect of UHG.
Productive and fun
Member Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 21, 2016
The work culture is great if you work hard. Great rewards, and great bonuses. I wish I stayed with the company when I moved to Dallas Texas, but I there was no openings.
Pros
Short days due to short lunches
Excellent Company
Associate Director of Business Analysis (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 21, 2016
UHC was an excellent company to work for. I was able to grow my career while working with awesome teams. While working for UHC, I had the opportunity to travel to different offices and work with various teams face to face. Senior management offered guidance when necessary which was always appreciated.
Pros
Growth in positions was possible