UnitedHealth Group
1,663 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 17, 2014
This is a fairly easy job with excellent training. Management is very involved in helping to make sure you have the tools needed for the job.
extensive and thorough training program
HEALTH ADVISOR (Former Employee), Tonawanda, NYDecember 16, 2014
This company was my first experience in healthcare, health insurance to be specific. I did learn so much about the industry, we had a rigorous 15 week training.

Unfortunately, it became difficult to transition out of the role I was in, so I decided to leave for better opportunities.
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIDecember 14, 2014
It was very difficult to stand out as an individual in such a large company, While I was there, they did offer classes for you to get your insurance license, which was a bonus.
Positive and challenging workplace
Assistant Provider Installation Representative (Current Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 12, 2014
Excellant company and benefits.

Fast paced challenging team environment.
Exciting opportunity to working with Provider contracting.
Professional and productive work place with a very supportive staff
Utilization Review/Case Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2014
Pros: monday through friday schedule, no weekends or holidays, fun and most enjoyable people to work with
Cons: sometimes the work load could be a bit overwhelming at times
A typical day at work would begin by checking any voice mail messages and returning telephone calls. I would then enter clinical information obtained into the computer for review. Attend any meetings we had scheduled for the day. Help out my co-workers if needed.

Although we maintained a very professional and fast paced work environment, I enjoyed – more... working with my co-workers and we still made our days go by faster by engaging in conversations about our lives and funny stories we had to share. I knew I could always go to one of my co-workers for any questions or help I may have needed without fear of judgement from them and they knew they could always approach me for assistance as well. We worked extremely well as a team.

The hardest part of the job was when one or more of our team members was out sick or on vacation and meeting the dead lines and specific time frames for each individual project was a challenge.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working very well as a fully functional team member. – less
Health Agent-Seasonal/CSR (Former Employee), LouisvilleDecember 12, 2014
Productive place to work. Always educating and encouraging employees to advance in leadership. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping consumers to a better quality of life.
Great coworkers with flexibility
Bilingual Telephonic HRCCM (Current Employee), McAllen, TexasDecember 11, 2014
Pros: work from home, flexibility, pto, insurance
Cons: no advancement, the feeling that set up for failure by management, (personal opinion, racially baised for management positions), strict metric requirements that go against your overall performance and job security, always feel like you will lose your job at any time
I work at home making calls to my members on a daily basis. I assess for any gaps in care and I coordinate the care that the mmber is recieving by utilizing different assessment tools and criteria. I enjoy workihg for my co-workers.
large company, flexible hours.
Certified Application Counselor (Former Employee), Long Island, NYDecember 11, 2014
large company with good benefits
hours were flexible

training was lack luster
growth opportunities were minimal in the sales division
Horrible
Nurse (Former Employee), Kingston, NYDecember 11, 2014
Cons: everything
This Kingston NY/NYS Empire company is horrible to work for.
They are very unorganized; they play favorites and say how they appreciate they're workers and that is farthest from the truth . People are overworked and underpaid and the supervisors and managers play games and have no idea what to do. I feel sorry for the member's they manage........Beware. – more... I never enjoyed a day at that employ. – less
Health Advisor (Former Employee), NCDecember 10, 2014
Fun environment but could be refreshed. Leadership roles needed re-examination as there seemed to be very large gaps in communication across departments and supervisors. Would benefit from internal audit. Overall, lots of resources available to be successful but requires you do your homework
Customer Advocate
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), greensboro ncDecember 10, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: everything washorrible about them
Worst place to work. they did not care if you had a family or life outside as long as people were there to answer the phones no advancement opportunitues at all. Poor treatment of employees. Cold management
Overall overview
Sr. Medical Underwriter Coordinator (Former Employee), Edina, MNDecember 10, 2014
there was not a lot of room for advancement with this company. The overall morale was nice. When it came time to reviews hardly anyone got raises ever. It was never in the budget.

Some of the cons were the people you worked with were wonderful and full of knowledge.
Diverse population
Service Account Manager (Current Employee), MarylandDecember 9, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: no gym at my location
A typical day might include attending new employee orientations in the morning, and sending confirmations of attendance to other employee events for our contractors in the afternoon. Employees are encouraged to volunteer with their favorite charities, and the company offers donations for volunteering over a certain number of hours. They also embrace – more... diversity through community council events, which allow employees to learn about other cultures. – less
Claims Processor (Former Employee), South Portland, MEDecember 8, 2014
Pros: updated technology and great learning environment
Cons: management does not communicate
I enjoyed working at Unitedhealth Group. I learned a lot. The hardest part of the job was talking to people who were very distressed. The most enjoyable part of the job was exercising critical thinking.
Friendly environment
Sr. IT Quality Consultant (Current Employee), Hartford, CTDecember 7, 2014
Casual atmosphere, professional. Fast paced. Overall treats employees good.
Great Job culture
Resolution Specialist Sr (Current Employee), sugar land, txDecember 6, 2014
This is an awesome company to work fun we are always challenging the status quo to remain a top insurance provider while providing excellent service and care to our clients.
Case management of individuals at home
Field RN Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Sugarland TexasDecember 5, 2014
Pros: work at home
Cons: unable to take pto
enjoyed working with co workers, management was poor, communication not provided to all involved in the work environment, no support
Its a job
Clinical Associate Coordinator (Temp) (Former Employee), Elkridge, MDDecember 5, 2014
Pros: atmophere, eco friendly building, incentives
Cons: short breaks, policies, system
Its a very contradicting and annoying job after a while but the atmosphere of the place is great. They are still building ground rules and switch up things a lot, and no one is on one accord as far as management and QA. They treat their permanent employees well but the temps don't get as much respect. They try to keep you interested with incentives – more... and its not all bad. I felt like a child having to do "well" to earn a dress down day though. Overall I wouldn't do it again but it was a great learning experience – less
working at home
Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2014
United healthcare was a great company to work for and they have many departments that are growing. the hardest part of the job was that I worked from home and my parents got Ill and I could not continue with my position.
great place to work for
Sr. Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: learned all i could there.
I learned almost everything from United Health Group, they are a wonderful company to work for.

1 2 3 4 5

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos